Page 5 of 6
Quote by hendrixfreak93

That's ****ing beautiful.

Quote by ihartfood
Not made up at all. Pretty much every private school in my city is like that, with a long list of books that are banned for awful, obscure reasons.

I'm not denying that. But it's from 9gag, so I wouldn't have a hard time believeing that some guy went and made that just so people could be like "lol icried its beatufl great oc man".
Last edited by FryingNemo at Jul 10, 2012,
I know it's probably BS, but I just read this on Facebook. It's worth reading the whole thing.

A NYC Taxi driver wrote:

I arrived at the address and honked the horn. After waiting a few minutes I honked again. Since this was going to be my last ride of my shift I thought about just driving away, but instead I put the car in park and walked up to the door and knocked.. 'Just a minute', answered a frail, elderly voice. I could hear something being dragged across the floor.

After a long pause, the door opened. A small woman in her 90's stood before me. She was wearing a print dress and a pillbox hat with a veil pinned on it, like somebody out of a 1940's movie.

By her side was a small nylon suitcase. The apartment looked as if no one had lived in it for years. All the furniture was covered with sheets.

There were no clocks on the walls, no knickknacks or utensils on the counters. In the corner was a cardboard
box filled with photos and glassware.

'Would you carry my bag out to the car?' she said. I took the suitcase to the cab, then returned to assist the woman.

She took my arm and we walked slowly toward the curb.

She kept thanking me for my kindness. 'It's nothing', I told her.. 'I just try to treat my passengers the way I would want my mother to be treated.'

'Oh, you're such a good boy, she said. When we got in the cab, she gave me an address and then asked, 'Could you drive
through downtown?'

'It's not the shortest way,' I answered quickly..

'Oh, I don't mind,' she said. 'I'm in no hurry. I'm on my way to a hospice.

I looked in the rear-view mirror. Her eyes were glistening. 'I don't have any family left,' she continued in a soft voice..'The doctor says I don't have very long.' I quietly reached over and shut off the meter.

'What route would you like me to take?' I asked.

For the next two hours, we drove through the city. She showed me the building where she had once worked as an elevator operator.

We drove through the neighborhood where she and her husband had lived when they were newlyweds She had me pull up in front of a furniture warehouse that had once been a ballroom where she had gone dancing as a girl.

Sometimes she'd ask me to slow in front of a particular building or corner and would sit staring into the darkness, saying nothing.

As the first hint of sun was creasing the horizon, she suddenly said, 'I'm tired.Let's go now'.
We drove in silence to the address she had given me. It was a low building, like a small convalescent home, with a driveway that passed under a portico.

Two orderlies came out to the cab as soon as we pulled up. They were solicitous and intent, watching her every move.
They must have been expecting her.

I opened the trunk and took the small suitcase to the door. The woman was already seated in a wheelchair.

'How much do I owe you?' She asked, reaching into her purse.

'Nothing,' I said

'You have to make a living,' she answered.

'There are other passengers,' I responded.

Almost without thinking, I bent and gave her a hug.She held onto me tightly.

'You gave an old woman a little moment of joy,' she said. 'Thank you.'

I squeezed her hand, and then walked into the dim morning light.. Behind me, a door shut.It was the sound of the closing of a life..

I didn't pick up any more passengers that shift. I drove aimlessly lost in thought. For the rest of that day,I could hardly talk.What if that woman had gotten an angry driver,or one who was impatient to end his shift? What if I had refused to take the run, or had honked once, then driven away?

On a quick review, I don't think that I have done anything more important in my life.

We're conditioned to think that our lives revolve around great moments.

But great moments often catch us unaware-beautifully wrapped in what others may consider a small one.
This is obviously more funny than restore faith in humanity ish

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dLt7jStpv2Y&feature=player_embedded

But I like that they made the kids feel awesome about just having fun
Quote by frankv
My cousin went to a (I think it was) protestant school and the people didn't even allow him to read Harry Potter. And this isn't Texas either, this is the Netherlands.

That's another thing that confused me. How does a school ban you from reading something? Maybe they exclude certain books from the curriculum and in extreme cases even punish students if they're caught with certain books in school (the way my school banned Pokemon cards) but surely they have no way of controlling what you read at home/in private?

Unless it's some totalitarian boarding school?
Quote by EpiExplorer
I swear this guy in particular writes for the telegraph or some shit.

Quote by Fat Lard
My name can actually be traced back to as early as the 1990s, it means "fuck off data miner"
Quote by ErikLensherr

Unless it's some totalitarian boarding school?

This exist in their hordes. Especially faith-based boarding schools who have an interest in making sure kids don't learn to criticize their religion too much in case their disbelief means they move to a new school and they lose out on tuition fees.
That sounds a little tinfoil hat-ish...
Quote by EpiExplorer
I swear this guy in particular writes for the telegraph or some shit.

Quote by Fat Lard
My name can actually be traced back to as early as the 1990s, it means "fuck off data miner"
Quote by Thrill-house
This sort of angers me. It seems like the whole point of this video is that a young man had the "balls" to go help a guy who is OMG GUESS WUT HES MUSLIM!!1!7!!forty eight

I don't know, but I feel that if you aren't an asshole, you should help someone out regardless of who they are. It shouldn't be "great" or "heartwarming" to help out someone because they are part of a certain group.
You are now using UG Black.
You are now using UG Classic.

Listening to: This jazz piano music playing over the PA like wow for once it's good stuff they're playing

What if blue cheese is just regular cheese but it's accelerating towards you really fast?
Quote by Wolfinator-x
This sort of angers me. It seems like the whole point of this video is that a young man had the "balls" to go help a guy who is OMG GUESS WUT HES MUSLIM!!1!7!!forty eight

I don't know, but I feel that if you aren't an asshole, you should help someone out regardless of who they are. It shouldn't be "great" or "heartwarming" to help out someone because they are part of a certain group.

True, but sadly that's not the way things are.
Quote by Wolfinator-x
It shouldn't be "great" or "heartwarming" to help out someone because they are part of a certain group.

This.

Just gonna put this out there. I helped a lady out with her groceries today. She was having trouble lifting up a 24 pack of water. Do a good turn daily right?
Quote by Shotgunmerc
This.

Just gonna put this out there. I helped a lady out with her groceries today. She was having trouble lifting up a 24 pack of water. Do a good turn daily right?

That reminds me of this time I went to a bar and found this girl's phone on the floor. I returned it to her the next morning and didn't care for the cash reward she offered. Now that I think back on it, I could have used the money she offered to buy some aspirin for my hangover.
Quote by Philip_pepper
This has inspired me. I want to do the same. Does the hair have to be a particular length?

I've done it twice. this should be helpful
Call me Chris
Quote by jimihendrix6699
had a blast until the person in front of me whipped out his dick and started pissing all over the floor..

Ducks and guitars or fish and guitars. I lead a simple existence
Quote by Extra Ordinary
That reminds me of this time I went to a bar and found this girl's phone on the floor. I returned it to her the next morning and didn't care for the cash reward she offered. Now that I think back on it, I could have used the money she offered to buy some aspirin for my hangover.

I never quite understood that whole cash for being helpful thing, tbh. Do they offer because they would have accepted money if the roles were reversed?

Or maybe they just get paranoid that monetary reward is the convention, like I would, and offer it.

anyway, when it was pissing down the other day, bought the homeless guy who always sits outside the tube station an umbrella.

and I always smile when someone who has the time/confidence has a friendly chat with one of the homeless that hang around the street I walk to work on.
O.K.

“There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want.”
~ Bill Watterson

O__o
A donor, who wishes to remain anonymous, has given £20m to fund cancer immunology in the UK, BBC's Newsnight has learnt.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-18868514

Very kind stuff. Cool that person didn't want any credit for either.

Quote by theguitarist
anyway, when it was pissing down the other day, bought the homeless guy who always sits outside the tube station an umbrella.

and I always smile when someone who has the time/confidence has a friendly chat with one of the homeless that hang around the street I walk to work on.

That's sweet, man
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
I've been feeling really down after having panic attack after panic attack these past few days, but this thread has made me feel a bit better.

Great thread idea.
"If God exists, there's no way he is French" - Andrea Pirlo

S A D B O Y S
Quote by R. Shackleford.
aw man i totally lost it on this one

So fake, either a reenactment or just straight out fake. Look at the camera angles.

SHit, my bad.
Last edited by TooktheAtrain at Jul 17, 2012,
>>-(ಠ_ಠ-<<
>>-(. Y .)-<<
>>> . (<<<
>>-( Y )-<<
Quote by dudetheman
Dude, your fucking sig creeps me out.

Quote by Kosh H
I just noticed his sig too...I feel uncomfortable now...

Quote by WantsLesPaul
Your sig killed my boner _

DIY SO-CAL PUNK LABEL
It's weird, I don't think I've ever met anyone who was homophobic. Just putting that out there.

Not that I'm complaining.

Listening to: This jazz piano music playing over the PA like wow for once it's good stuff they're playing

What if blue cheese is just regular cheese but it's accelerating towards you really fast?
Quote by Wolfinator-x
It's weird, I don't think I've ever met anyone who was homophobic

you should meet my dad
This reminds me of this day I was walking around town. I was on my way home from the drug store and a homeless couple waved me over to them. I was expected them to ask for money from me, but I went over anyway. Mr. and Mrs. Clay were indeed homeless, but they didn't ask me for money.

They asked me if I had a phone on me. "No, we don't need you to call anyone," Mr. Clay said. "We just want to make sure you've got it if you need it." "It's getting late," Mrs. Clay said. "Do you have friends to walk with you after dark?" "There are some bad parts to town," Mr. Clay told me. And he gave me a list of places to watch for and told me where was and was not safe after dark. And so on and so forth. I was new to town, so I really appreciated the help. I told them that if they would wait right there, I wanted to go to the ATM and get them some money for dinner or clothing or whatever it was they needed.

"No sir. You keep the money. I missed my chances, but we've got some good people taking care of us at the church during the week, and we like to camp out and see the stars every weekend. You keep that card and keep safe. God bless."
This entire site. It's like FML... but reversed: http://www.givesmehope.com/ There's some crap on there, but some good stuff too.

Also that Christian the Lion vid that I can't find at the moment, cried like a bitch.
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
Last edited by ChemicalFire at Jul 17, 2012,
But boys will be boys and girls have those eyes
that'll cut you to ribbons, sometimes
and all you can do is just wait by the moon
and bleed if it's what she says you ought to do
Last edited by Hydra150 at Jul 24, 2012,
Quote by theguitarist
I never quite understood that whole cash for being helpful thing, tbh. Do they offer because they would have accepted money if the roles were reversed?

Or maybe they just get paranoid that monetary reward is the convention, like I would, and offer it.

I think that they're at a loss to properly thank them, and want to give them something to show their gratification. Everybody likes money, so that's the obvious choice.
i don't know why i feel so dry
Quote by hendrixfreak93
Steve Huges on the straightness of gay men
His open mindedness gives me hope for humanity.

I've always thought kind of the same way haha. The guy who takes ballet and gets to be with the most flexible and usually pretty hot chicks is 'gay', but the dude who plays football and usually ends up in a big pile with some other guy's balls in his face is 'straight'.
Quote by Hydra150

Mr Rottman was taken to hospital in a police squad car after another survivor, Stephanie Rodriguez, created a makeshift turnakit with a leather belt. On his Facebook page, he thanked Miss Rodriguez for her bravery calling her his "guardian angel".

Faith in general grammatical competence, still missing.
Thankfully he did it incorrectly, otherwise Rottman would be without a limb :/
i don't know why i feel so dry
I've been on the fence about cutting my hair for a while now, and I just thought you guys should know that I've decided to do it and donate it.
Gear:

Gibson 2005 Les Paul Standard
Fender Road Worn Strat w/ Noiseless pickups
Marshall JCM 2000 401C
Marshall Vintage Modern 2266
Marshall 1960A cab (Dave Hill from Slade's old cab)
Ibanez TS9DX
EHX Little Big Muff
Freshman Acoustic
^ That's nice bro, take pics and post them here
████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by Wolfinator-x
It's weird, I don't think I've ever met anyone who was homophobic. Just putting that out there.

Not that I'm complaining.

I've met people who don't particularly agree with being gay, but none of them are actually homophobic. This actually goes for racists too.

edit: not saying that there aren't any homophobic or racist people. i just never met any
You dirty piece of shit, you.

Quote by FireFromTheVoid
I smoked weed with my mom once.
It was the weirdest moment of my life, and I`ve been caught with my dick in my hand, by my brother, with a giant close up of a dudes face on the tv.

Twatter
Last edited by iHurricaneGTR at Jul 24, 2012,
Quote by ProphetToJables
I've been on the fence about cutting my hair for a while now, and I just thought you guys should know that I've decided to do it and donate it.

I've donated mine twice. The only reason it's still long is because my mother is having issues with her thyroid. It's making her hair fall out so I'm gonna give her mine. Though a friend needed a model so she trimmed 4 or 5 inches off of it.
Call me Chris
Quote by jimihendrix6699
had a blast until the person in front of me whipped out his dick and started pissing all over the floor..

Ducks and guitars or fish and guitars. I lead a simple existence
Quote by iHurricaneGTR
I've met people who don't particularly agree with being gay, but none of them are actually homophobic. This actually goes for racists too.

edit: not saying that there aren't any homophobic or racist people. i just never met any
Exactly. We've all heard of the WBC, but as far as I know, I've never personally met anyone that was outwardly hateful. They've all either been pro-gay rights or have had beliefs against certain gay rights for their own reasons but still admired their persistence and respected them as a people.
Quote by ProphetToJables
I cut mine in Italy; I've wanted to donate it but I couldn't

Last edited by Wolfinator-x at Jul 24, 2012,
Quote by IronMaiden76
I've donated mine twice. The only reason it's still long is because my mother is having issues with her thyroid. It's making her hair fall out so I'm gonna give her mine. Though a friend needed a model so she trimmed 4 or 5 inches off of it.

I have one main question about the process and that's about just how long it needs to be. For a guy I would say it's pretty long but I;m not sure if its long enough to donate
Gear:

Gibson 2005 Les Paul Standard
Fender Road Worn Strat w/ Noiseless pickups
Marshall JCM 2000 401C
Marshall Vintage Modern 2266
Marshall 1960A cab (Dave Hill from Slade's old cab)
Ibanez TS9DX
EHX Little Big Muff
Freshman Acoustic
Quote by Wolfinator-x
Exactly. We've all heard of the WBC, but as far as I know, I've never personally met anyone that was outwardly hateful. They've all either been pro-gay rights or have had beliefs against certain gay rights for their own reasons but still admired their persistence and respected them as a people.I cut mine in Italy; I've wanted to donate it but I couldn't

I, unfortunately, have. Aside from the WBC, which actually protested my school specifically a while back, I've met people who honestly believe that there is something inherently evil about homosexuality.
Quote by dr_shred
FrustratedRocka you are a legend

Quote by littlephil

The man clearly knows his shit.

Quote by Banjocal

one of the best, educated and logical posts I've ever seen on UG in the Pit. Well done good sir.
Quote by FrustratedRocka
I, unfortunately, have. Aside from the WBC, which actually protested my school specifically a while back, I've met people who honestly believe that there is something inherently evil about homosexuality.
Meh, it's not like I go out much

I'd add more words to this post but I don't want to risk getting into a debate for something little and insignificant

Either way:

^^ 9/10, Wouldn't restore faith.

return 0;

Quote by jsync
And I've eaten at some of Australia's best pizzerias.

SOUNDCLOUD
. com / fancy-elle