Page 5 of 7
Have you assembled the bit and bobs, neck and body, to make sure they fit properly, etc.?

I have a Classic Vibe Tele (Pinecaster) and it sounds absolutely killer through the Diezel VH4's Channel 3. There's something so delicious about single coils through a cranked, high gain amp.

More pics!
After a long day at work, THIS MASTERPIECE has made my day. You've left me with high expectations for what will come with this guitar. I expect Pinecaster greatness from you.
Quote by Ippon
Have you assembled the bit and bobs, neck and body, to make sure they fit properly, etc.?

I have a Classic Vibe Tele (Pinecaster) and it sounds absolutely killer through the Diezel VH4's Channel 3. There's something so delicious about single coils through a cranked, high gain amp.

More pics!

Yeah, everything lines up great and the neck's nice tight fit

Unfortunately I don't have a Diezel, but it'll hopefully go nicely through my AC15

Quote by Soccerguy
After a long day at work, THIS MASTERPIECE has made my day.

:3

If you follow the link in my sig you can download it

Did sod all this morning, here's lunch:

The pickguard was a little too well stuck to the double-sided tape, it tore a little bit of the surface off. I can recolour that black again though, although I don't know if I will 'cause it doesn't really bother me

Got my grooves filled in:

That's all I did today I'm afraid. Apart from going out on my dad's bike for about 15 minutes. Had to get a lift home from my girlfriend's mum 'cause my thighs were killing and I was getting all wheezy (asthma)
Quote by sam b
>.>
<.<
>.<
<.>

Moar

I grain filled the body yesterday. Should get it sanded down today and if I'm lucky maybe even a first coat of lacquer

The neck might even get it's first coat of oil today too
Quote by dsss guitars
Yea.....we all want to see a little more.

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1493900

Cheeky

Not a very exciting update but progress nonetheless.

The body's been grain filled and sanded to 240 grit:

The neck's been sanded to 400 grit:

You can see the woodworm holes that I filled. They turned out really dark for some reason :/ Ah well, I'm sure I'll live

Tomorrow is a little more sanding, and then some oil on the neck, and maybe some lacquer on the body
Quote by von Layzonfon

I'm afraid I haven't had any exciting lunches the last week, my throat is killing me.

First coat of oil on my neck:

Almost all of the body is sanded down but a little bit of grain filler came out from between the ferrule holes on the back, so I've filled that in again:

I'll maybe get spraying started tomorrow if it's not too wet
When this is done, you should make another guitar straight away, so I have another build thread to follow
Quote by sam b
When this is done, you should make another guitar straight away, so I have another build thread to follow

Of course, I left my job to try and pursue this as a career. Getting a bit of practice in just now and I've got some commission builds lined up already, starting with a ukelele.

I could do with a hand with my branding though, Coalmoss Guitars sound good? I could just go with Thomson Guitars but there's already a Thompson Guitars so things could get confusing there. I also need to get my logo sorted, something that's not too complicated to inlay.
Quote by sam b

This.

Quote by WantsLesPaul
You should build a Jaguar next, just so you can say you're building a Jaaag

And this.

Also make me one and I'll endorse your brand for free.
Quote by Telecaster7
This.

And this.

Me too. I could do good with a free Jag that has two humbuckers, white body and a black pickguard
Quote by WantsLesPaul
Me too. I could do good with a free Jag that has two humbuckers, white body and a black pickguard

Yeah, I'll have a free one in red with a tortoiseshell pickguard and P-90's please.
Quote by WantsLesPaul
You should build a Jaguar next, just so you can say you're building a Jaaag

I could finish my hollowbody Jag build. That might be an idea to get that out of the way
Quote by Telecaster7

Sure
Quote by WantsLesPaul

WantsFenderJag.
Quote by Telecaster7
Out of curiosity, how much would you charge for a Jag? Ignore the horrendous shipping to Australia...

Well for a red one with tortoiseshell pickguard...

I dunno, somewhere around the £300-400 mark I'd guess, before hardware that is. I'm not comfortable with charging a lot
Well, lacquering has begun:

There won't be any updates for a wee whiley, until the finishing process is complete.

Have this to make up for it:
Last edited by whoomit at Aug 15, 2012,
Well I finished off my canned nitro, and now I'm trying my hand at using a spray gun. Not going well
Setting up a spray gun is not my forté, put it that way. I'm not even sure what sort of viscocity I should mix the lacquer to, and I can't seem to find any info on it either.

After hardening the coat I put on the other day actually looks a hell of a lot better than it did. Kinda orange-peeley though:

The pictures don't really show you how orange-peeley it is. I spent about 45 minutes wet sanding the front this morning though, and it's still not done!
I woulda left the orange peel, on that guitar it sort of adds a touch to it
Call me Chris
Quote by jimihendrix6699
had a blast until the person in front of me whipped out his dick and started pissing all over the floor..

Ducks and guitars or fish and guitars. I lead a simple existence
Quote by IronMaiden76
I woulda left the orange peel, on that guitar it sort of adds a touch to it

This is true. I deliberately didn't grain fill the front though so you can still kinda see the grain
Looking pretty good.
What I've learned from my own build is that imperfections give character.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
Quote by slapsymcdougal
Looking pretty good.
What I've learned from my own build is that imperfections give character.

This might be true for home-builds, but I'm wanting to actually make money out of this in the near future. I don't think I can put 'characterful orange-peel' on the spec sheet
Quote by WantsLesPaul
Sure you can, you just have to charge extra 300-1300 bucks for it. It's like those relic'd Gibsons.

Hmm.. Interesting...
Quote by whoomit
This might be true for home-builds, but I'm wanting to actually make money out of this in the near future. I don't think I can put 'characterful orange-peel' on the spec sheet

Well, you said it was the first time you used a spray gun for lacquer, so I'm guessing you can learn from this Or, at least, get a bunch of scrap wood, sand it and then **** about with dilutions until it looks right.
Plus, in 20 years time, this might be a collector's item.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
Hello Whoomit,

I am Represent, benedicto16, kelly22, Keith Lemon, every other username on UG.

You see I have acquired an avatar machine where I become different people, you were the last of your kind, a human being, I am just a alien cyborg from the planet, X43q@#$wef, who was sent here solo to study you. Every single relationship you have in life will continue to be me, of course whenever I make a girlfriend for you, I build a different robot because my kind is 100% heterosexual in nature, if we have sex with a male of any species, circuit vomit collapses the industrial forests of our homeland, and we only benefit for our survival as a whole.

I hope you understand and fully cooperate with our species.
Quote by VolcanicAss
Hello Whoomit,

I am Represent, benedicto16, kelly22, Keith Lemon, every other username on UG.

You see I have acquired an avatar machine where I become different people, you were the last of your kind, a human being, I am just a alien cyborg from the planet, X43q@#$wef, who was sent here solo to study you. Every single relationship you have in life will continue to be me, of course whenever I make a girlfriend for you, I build a different robot because my kind is 100% heterosexual in nature, if we have sex with a male of any species, circuit vomit collapses the industrial forests of our homeland, and we only benefit for our survival as a whole.

I hope you understand and fully cooperate with our species.

You're not me.
Quote by Telecaster7
You're not me.

AH! He posted it in more than one thread!

I'm going to go cry in my bed now
Builds looking great, i think l you should be able to get a nice finish after a couple coats. My last build i had a little bit of orange peel on the first few layers but it was gone by the 5th coat.

As a side note, wtf with the trolls lately?