Hey guys I'm buying an amp this week and have narrowed down my options to:

-Mesa Boogie Single Rectifier
-Vox Night Train 50
-Fender Supersonic 60 with voodoo amps deluxe mod

I am absolutely willing to go used. I live in Denver. I can't spend anymore than $700 and cheaper is definitely better. I am basically looking for a very meaty solid gain that is not fizzy and a great clean channel. Ill be running a jag with two mid output duncan humbuckers in it through a board consisting of a volume pedal, dd-6, ds-1 sunday driver and sd-1. Also include any other amps that might fit this price range and style. My band plays music in the vain of The Wonder Years and The Early November so sort of indie-ish pop punk. Thanks!
Pm me if you've got some pedals to sell
The mesa f-50 comes to mind but I don't know if it comes in a head, the f100 comew with a 100/60 switch. They are pretty nice high gain amps.
Quote by joshua garcia
I was incredibly drunk and only really remember writing a fanfic where ESP was getting porked by a pony.

Quote by guitar0player
I'd honestly fap to anything with a set of genitals as long as I find it aesthetically appealing.
No Carvin V3M?
"so did you do anything hardocore today?"

"yeah dude i went to the bathroom and pluged up the toilet like hardcore! water would not stop coming out of it! It was like eddie van halen was playing Eruption in my bathroom! If van halen was a toilet
I'm a little bit iffy on cheaper amps. I haven't ever actually played a carvin but I have gone through 10+ amps in the last 3 years with most of them being cheaper. I'll check it out. Please more suggestions on any heads OR combos that would fit this bill. Higher wattage is also okay.
It turns out gc has a f50 head for 650. Just curious what cab do you have?
Quote by joshua garcia
I was incredibly drunk and only really remember writing a fanfic where ESP was getting porked by a pony.

Quote by guitar0player
I'd honestly fap to anything with a set of genitals as long as I find it aesthetically appealing.
I play out of a bugera 2x12 with one v30 and one bugera speaker. Its a great sounding match but im intending on replacing it with an avatar 4x12 right after I get the head. Let me check out that gc listing. A lot of what im looking at is through gc's used stuff.
Tyler, did you use your dsl to record your bands stuff? I really dig your band by the way.
you could look around for a 50 watt jcm800, just have to look for a used one
Fender Strat Deluxe
Fender MexiStrat
Epiphone Sheritan
Ibanez Artcore
Fender Twin Reverb silverface
Roland JC120
Pedals

Quote by CaptainAmerican
I would recommend the marshal MG100

Very versatile and quality sound. It should treat you well
There is an alchemist 112 combo on your Craigslist. Not sure how high gain it really is or what high gain means to you.

There is also a 5150 combo, which may not work for you depending on what you think a good clean channel is.

And a 212 peavey ultra combo, for pretty cheap, which may or may not work for you.

So you have to try some of these to see what you think.

Guitar center was blowing out the alchemist combos for a stupid low price recently, maybe you should call and see if you can go try one? If it works for you then cut a deal?

There is also a vintage modern 50 watt head on your Craigslist but I dont think it's what most people would consider high gain. But I thought I'd mention it.

And a 100 watt jcm800 head with kt88 tubes, it says it's from 1987 and has serious mojo in the pics. It may work for you but it's a single channel job.
Good luck.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Last edited by gregs1020 at Jul 20, 2012,
Yeah, hit up your craigslist. Those all look like solid recs.

Technically the Single Rec, NT-50, and SuperSonic would all work well too - but are all pretty different. On second thought, maybe they are not that different but they are all solid choices too.
Engl Fireball 50 Watt. Or there was an 50 watt version of powerball too i guess
Last edited by cemges at Jul 20, 2012,
I'd recommend checking out Jet city heads, they have a 50w model. I'd also suggest looking for a Orange Rocker 30 or a Thunder 30 if you can find/afford one, very good heads.

Epiphone Wilshire
Orange Rocker 30
Harley Benton 212 (w/Greenbacks)
Ernie Ball Vp jr
Swollen Pickle fuzz
Maxon OD808
Danelectro Vibe
Line 6 Tap Tremolo
Line 6 Verbzilla
EH Memory Man Hazarai
Boss RC20XL

Last.fm