Page 5 of 8
Quote by eli7121
So first - Here’s a link. I just took a vid of me messing around. I know I mess up and whatever. That was me just not caring. However I will not make a damn mistake when recording for any songs. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2MJ0MvWh0LM&feature=plcp

Cool. What sort of recording equipment do you have?
Fender Jaguar
Morley PVO +
TC Polytune
Fulltone Ultimate Octave
Boss DS2
Blackstar HT-40
Digitech Timebender
TC Trinity

(offboard; Whammy IV, Crybaby 535Q, Digitech RP100A)
I really wish I hadn't finished recording so soon.
There's a special sex move I do called the Charizard.
It's where you light the girls pubes, then put it out with your cum and run around the room flapping your arms screaming, "You don't have enough badges to train me!"
entity0009 - Sounds great thanks!

Penn100 - I’m going to use one of my friends’ set ups. I’m not exactly sure what he has, but it should turn out pretty good.
----
i might do this. i cant do anything for 2 weeks tho.
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
Quote by JustRooster
I guess I could break it up into four acts. Each about 4 minutes(ish).
I've had an idea for a while, but I've been reading TONS of norse sagas and mythology lately, so I had the idea of taking my idea and just telling it in that style.

That saga thing sounds epic. Great idea, can't wait to hear how this turns out!

Quote by eli7121

Basically I’m trying to do as much as possible drum-wise. So if anyone needs me, I’m here. However I will be busy and gone for a competition from pretty much now until the 13th. After that I can do whatever recording anyone needs. You can get to me by posting here or PMing me. I’ll try to read every post here. I’m pretty interested in this.

I'm expecting that a lot of people want you to do some drums for them, so I don't want to ask you if it isn't really needed (I use EZdrummer) and it sounds good. But it sounds like you really wanna do alot of drumming, so I maybe want you to do some drumming for my song. Maybe I'll come back to you
EDIT: Oh and really nice drumming!
Quote by Weirdbag
I'm expecting that a lot of people want you to do some drums for them, so I don't want to ask you if it isn't really needed (I use EZdrummer) and it sounds good. But it sounds like you really wanna do alot of drumming, so I maybe want you to do some drumming for my song. Maybe I'll come back to you
EDIT: Oh and really nice drumming!

I'm here if you want me to do it! I would honestly enjoy being on as many tracks as possible. Thanks!
----
I've already reached the second chorus and my song is only 8 minutes long ;_;

#funeraldoomproblems
Quote by entity0009
I've already reached the second chorus and my song is only 8 minutes long ;_;

#funeraldoomproblems

haha

Here's a glimpse of the song I'm working on, it's more of a Stoner Rock song, than a doom metal/sludge thing. I hope this kind of sound and direction is okay for the album, maybe it's not heavey enough. It's just a demo, so sloppy playing and bad sound is included. Tell me what you think!
Stoner Riff
Last edited by Weirdbag at Aug 1, 2012,
So I've changed my mind about the song I want included, and started recording another one instead. This one has lyrics, and I'll need someone to record the vocals for it. Here's a clip. This is less than half finished.

https://www.box.com/s/7a81cce2991d2557870c
It's where you light the girls pubes, then put it out with your cum and run around the room flapping your arms screaming, "You don't have enough badges to train me!"
Quote by Weirdbag
haha

Here's a glimpse of the song I'm working on, it's more of a Stoner Rock song, than a doom metal/sludge thing. I hope this kind of sound and direction is okay for the album, maybe it's not heavey enough. It's just a demo, so sloppy playing and bad sound is included. Tell me what you think!
Stoner Riff

That'll be fine for the album bear in mind I'm also accepting some drone and psychadelic stuff so the br00tz isn't a *completely* necessary requirement anyway.

Quote by King Twili
So I've changed my mind about the song I want included, and started recording another one instead. This one has lyrics, and I'll need someone to record the vocals for it. Here's a clip. This is less than half finished.

https://www.box.com/s/7a81cce2991d2557870c

Sounds good, there are a couple of vocalists looking for collabs in the OP I think, so check there. Depends what kinda vocals you were looking for really.
Last edited by entity0009 at Aug 1, 2012,
can i submit two songs? i have a lot of time on my hands and the last one was pretty fun to make
Click here to hear my BOB DYLAN (Blowing in the Wind) out right now May 2k17
Quote by laid-to-waste
can i submit two songs? i have a lot of time on my hands and the last one was pretty fun to make

Feel free to submit 2, however depending on how much material I get from people I may have to limit it to one track per person. For the moment though 2 is fine. Unless it's two 50-minute drone tracks <_<
Quote by entity0009
Feel free to submit 2, however depending on how much material I get from people I may have to limit it to one track per person. For the moment though 2 is fine. Unless it's two 50-minute drone tracks <_<

What about if one is a collab?
In my heart I'm with you

every night
ah okay, i'll record another anyway, and if i can't submit it it's fine i'll just add it to my bandcamp collection and let it be
Click here to hear my BOB DYLAN (Blowing in the Wind) out right now May 2k17
Quote by entity0009

*Deletes second track*
To be vulnerable is needed most of all, if you intend to truly fall apart.

Quote by due 07
You have no idea how much I don't want to tell stories about my mother's vaginal slime on the internet.

I make music sometimes.
Quote by palm mute
What about if one is a collab?

Collab is fine
Quote by laid-to-waste
ah okay, i'll record another anyway, and if i can't submit it it's fine i'll just add it to my bandcamp collection and let it be

Feel free to submit it anyway, most likely I'll be able to include more than one track per person anyway, but in the offchance that I get like 400 submissions I just thought I'd bring it up now. Chances are that both will be included though.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/gzuoytxzbsbibu1/03.%20Terrible%20Bear%20Attack%20%28Bongripper%20cover%29.MP3

Not really related to the album in any way, but I recently threw this rough track together so a buddy can throw vocals over it and it'll go on youtube eventually, but hows the production? I'll be producing my entry in a similar way so thats where the relevance comes in
Production isn't -in my opinion- a huge issue with a lot of stoner and sludge, but it sounds fine, I really love the guitar tone on that actually. The kick and toms could perhaps do with being a tiny bit more present in the mix, but otherwise it sounds good
Quote by RPGoof
Yeah I'm not a fan of the Superior Drummer 2.0 kick drum at all >_<

Mah nigga
worked on my song a bit today not sure whether to use vsts or amp and shitty mic
I'm in. Thread stickied and jams beginning.

Questions:

Where/how do you want tracks submitted?

Time limit on songs?

What is the plan for artwork? I suggest that every track also comes with a picture or some other form of visual media, and we get some awesome super helpful UG'er to do something cool with them all.

Attention drummers/programmers.

I'm going to attempt programming something for myself, is there any chance one of you could hook me up with some free downloads of a wide range of drum samples?

I'm also up for some collaboration, I can do guitar. If anyone is interested PM me.
Tool
Sleep
Gojira
Puscifer
Neurosis
Sunn O)))
Meshuggah
Modest Mouse
Electric Wizard
Mammoth Grinder

Lucid Dreaming Thread
Quote by chaos13

Where/how do you want tracks submitted?

Any method is acceptable as long as the tracks are in a Bandcamp-friendly format (.wav, .flac, and I believe .aif). There's no end to the different file-hosting sites out there- mediafire, dropbox, box.com, etc. Just choose one (make sure it doesn't have too low a filesize limit as lossless audio files can get pretty big).

Quote by chaos13
Time limit on songs?

None, but work within reason. This isn't a Bull of Heaven album >_>

Quote by chaos13
What is the plan for artwork? I suggest that every track also comes with a picture or some other form of visual media, and we get some awesome super helpful UG'er to do something cool with them all.

No plan for artwork as of yet, I'm waiting for submissions to start coming in so I can see if I have enough material to split the album up into two sets, a more stonery/psychadelic set and a gloomier, more melancholic set. If that happens we'll need 2 sets of different but related artwork done. On previous albums users have contributed ideas so that seems like the best approach, though I like your idea. I'm not going to make it obligatory but if users have an image which they feel fits the character of their track then can include it.

Quote by chaos13
I'm going to attempt programming something for myself, is there any chance one of you could hook me up with some free downloads of a wide range of drum samples?

For a long time now I've been using MeldaProductions' mDrummer, which has a reduced-functionality plugin available for free download. It comes with around 15 kits iirc, about 4 of those are useable for this kind of stuff, and you can change which samples each kit uses so you can customise it enough to get a sound you are more or less happy with.

Glad to have you on board

I'd love to do some art work, whether it's for the cover or just some accompanying visual stuff or whatever. I'm not sure what the plan was as far as the art goes but I'd like to be involved somehow.
For Frodo!
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
No because a world full of marbles silly man is just as real as a half empty glass of microwaved nesquik.
Quote by entity0009
split the album up into two sets, a more stonery/psychadelic set and a gloomier, more melancholic set

I was hoping we would do that.
In my heart I'm with you

every night
Dat tone, I like it.

Downloading now. Track details as supplied?
Also the track sounds like it would work really well with vocals, sure you don't wanna hit up a vocalist to lay some stuff down over it? There's plenty of time <_<
Yep artist name and title as is, unless you want something more sensible?

if there's anyone who wants to write and record vocals for it i would be more than happy to include them.
Quote by So-Cal
Yep artist name and title as is, unless you want something more sensible?

if there's anyone who wants to write and record vocals for it i would be more than happy to include them.

Artist name is just fine

I'll put you on the collab list
First time writing this kind of stuff, I've got 16 bars and the song clocks in at 1 minute. Is that good?
OUT OF ORDER
Quote by loose bowels
First time writing this kind of stuff, I've got 16 bars and the song clocks in at 1 minute. Is that good?

Slow it down, BAM. Instant doom.
Quote by loose bowels

Doom/Stoner songs are usually 5+ minutes man. Luckily, repeating a lot and droning on is acceptable. Treat your song like a jam.
Hey look, a stoner/doom album.

GENERATION 27: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

E-father of TheSPillow/Sam
E-brothers with Entity0009
I may have to nix my plan for the 4 part song, sadly. I'll rerecord an old demo of mine with my newer equipment probably and add that. Good old viking metal tune. I don't have the time anymore to dedicate to a new project. New apartment, new job, etc.

I'm still totally willing to do vocals for anyone who needs them.
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER