sbesozzi
Guitar-a-holic
176 IQ
Hey guys!

I posted this song a while ago, but I remixed the song, modified a few things and I made a video for it! It's really hard to get views on Youtube on an original, so if you could listen to the whole thing and tell me your impressions (here or on youtube), and share it with your friends if you liked it it would mean the world to me!

It's called Wrath Of The Angels.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NW8UQogPUbE

I'll C4C!
Gundamnitpete
For your health!
30 IQ
I like the song writing! What you are using for drums works out really well. They sound pretty good for sure.

The clean acoustic was really good. I though that part was extremely well recorded.

THe playing through the song was clean for sure, You have the song down, and I liked the solo.

THe keyboards were good to, love some keyboard thrown in there.

Your tone killed me though X.X. It sounded very digital, Very "pod" like, if you catch my drift. It was lacking dynamics, and some real crunch! To much highs, not enough low. It sounded to gritty to my ears, to harsh. I mean, it's metal, it's supposed to be harsh, but that was very "ice picky" to my ears. If you are recording direct in, Maybe mic your amp instead?

Also, I couldn't pick out the bass to well. THat needs to be brought up IMHO to help fill the mix out. Don't be afraid to use some light distortion on the bass track to give it a more raw/ballzy feel. fearedse has a real good tutorial on youtube about recording bass for metlulz

overall though, I liked it alot.

C4C on "swamphell-cover" under my profile plz?
Guitars:
LTD Alexi-600 White & Black
LTD Alexi-200 Black(Death Adder pickup & Gold OFR)
Agile Interceptor Pro 727 7-string
Jackson JS30RR rhoads
Jackson DKMGT
Squire telecaster

amps:
Bugera 6262 212 loaded with WGS veteran 30's
lalaman33333
10 IQ
damn, the song is composed beautifully. The tone is a little harsh though, maybe mess with your low and high pass setting? The lead tones are awesome, and im liking the cleans, very chimey and acoustic-ish without that ice-pick in the ear effect. The syth lines fit perfectly too The solo is freaking EPIC! And you playing is really tight, if its not already quad tracked you should think about doing so, would give you a more massive sound

And tour drums are a little boxy, if you turn the room mic down a bit it might help.

what is your recording method? And i will be spammin this to quite a few friends on FB tody lol.

pretty much i cranked my monitors and jammed this twice xD. And that should mean something

c4c? these are not the going to be the final album versions, they are just rough mixes
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1553128

edit: i had the vid running in a background tab, i just realised that IS an acoustic
Last edited by lalaman33333 at Jul 29, 2012,
sbesozzi
Guitar-a-holic
176 IQ
Thanks everyone for the replies! By any chance, any suggestions on how to make the guitar tone less ''harsh'' ? This is the best tone I could come up with since it's a direct output from my guitar to my pre-amp then I use an Amp Modelling software, so it sure sounds a lot ''digital'' . I don't have the money to afford a real good amp and mic it =/

I'll C4C all of you now!
LunyAlex
10 IQ
Sounds awesome. The songwriting is sublime.

Only input I Can give has already been given. Lower the highs in the distorted guitar tone a bit, maybe compensate with some mids.
Everything else is great.
Maybe a bit of reverb on the drums. Would fit the "Big" feel of the song.

Thanks for the input on my song
SilverDolphin
The Ghost Passenger
172 IQ
Thanks for commenting on my music!
I agree that the guitar tone is too harsh, especially in the intro. Those high frequencies really hurt my ears. Riffing, soloing and playing are superb! I like how this kept evolving. My favorite part was when the synth entered.
MetalCommand
110 IQ
Intro is pretty decent. Really like the keyboard entering at 1:02 and then the acoustic part later on is very nice too. There is lots of variety to the song so it stays interesting, but it is also linked together very well. Good mix of heavy sections and parts with different textures. Excellent lead work too, especially solo near the end. The only thing which could be changed is the guitar tone, as has been mentioned. Well it's not really bad or anything, just could be better (just the rhythm guitar, lead sounds pretty nice). It's certainly possible to get good tones using DI. What plugins/software did you use on it? And did you double track it etc?
Anyway, I really love the song, just the sort of thing I like.
I subscribe to you on YouTube, and look forward to hearing more of your originals.

C4C?
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1547769
Last edited by MetalCommand at Jul 31, 2012,
lalaman33333
10 IQ
Quote by sbesozzi
Thanks everyone for the replies! By any chance, any suggestions on how to make the guitar tone less ''harsh'' ? This is the best tone I could come up with since it's a direct output from my guitar to my pre-amp then I use an Amp Modelling software, so it sure sounds a lot ''digital'' . I don't have the money to afford a real good amp and mic it =/

I'll C4C all of you now!

i just use a the xbox 360 rocksmith [lol] usb cord, lepou free amp sim vst's, free impulses, Mixcraft 6, a copy of ezdrummer with drumkit from hell my uncle gave me, and a pair of Bose monitors in GREAT condition i found at a yard sell for $15

total studio investment: $120.....im poor lol

how are your low and high pass filters set? what impulses are you using? i like a lot of high end in my tone, i just put a low pass at 7.2 khz, and it removes some of the harshness lol. and a high pass at 100 hz, i use the fear complex music orange 2x12 impulse (2 in stereo)
Last edited by lalaman33333 at Jul 31, 2012,
kschaef
60 IQ
Very nice! The acoustic bit was a nice change of pace. The playing was tight except for the solo which I think could've been a bit better. Also, like some of the others said, the guitar tone was a bit dry and computerish, but it looks as if (from your earlier posts) that you don't have any sort of top-of-the-line recording equipment, so that's to be expected. Overall, good job, dude!

Gear:
Agile AL-2000 > Maxon OD808 > Boss DD-20 > Strymon blueSky > Splawn Pro Stock > Emperor 4x12

the lives to come

Argyle_06
10 IQ
Hey man! I'm really digging the guitar riffs! Really strong and has a really firm melody that totally will surely rock out people if this is played on a stage.

The whole song is nicely arrange. Drums fits perfectly on your riffs I love the synth and how the acoustic guitar played really well to a heavy rock song. And finally! the guitar solo is top notch! Really good job on that!

I'm no expert and can't really comment on the mixing/recording so I'll leave those to others. Can't really say any negative comments but I'm itching to hear this with vocals on it!

Cheers mate!
Harlot Hero
Mr. User-Friendly
70 IQ
Dude, this track has a ton of potential. It's amazing as is, but it does seem to need a bit to fill out those open-ended chug parts. Very melodic piece you have here. Love your lead tone. What setup do you use to get that sound? I commented on the video itself, so there's feedback on there too. Also, subscribed. You're a great musician. Those drums work very well and keep the track flowing. The second riff that comes in is insanely catchy and hit hard. The acoustic break was a real nice pace changer. I'd say it's my favorite part about the entire piece. The synth-work just adds more to this track in the best way possible.

And thank you so much for the huge feedback on my thread!
Keep up the awesome work!
sbesozzi
Guitar-a-holic
176 IQ
Quote by Harlot Hero
Dude, this track has a ton of potential. It's amazing as is, but it does seem to need a bit to fill out those open-ended chug parts. Very melodic piece you have here. Love your lead tone. What setup do you use to get that sound? I commented on the video itself, so there's feedback on there too. Also, subscribed. You're a great musician. Those drums work very well and keep the track flowing. The second riff that comes in is insanely catchy and hit hard. The acoustic break was a real nice pace changer. I'd say it's my favorite part about the entire piece. The synth-work just adds more to this track in the best way possible.

And thank you so much for the huge feedback on my thread!
Keep up the awesome work!

I'm using the same tone for rhythm and lead! It's just that it sounds better for lead playing than for rhythm. Basically, it's a preset I made through Amplitube 3 (amp modeler). So my setup is ; Guitar -> Pre-amp -> REAPER -> Amplitube 3 -> Said Preset.
Ibanez SIX28FDBG
ESP EC-1000 Deluxe
Ibanez AGR73T
Ibanez RG350DX
Ibanez AW
Peavey Triple XXX
BOSS pedals : TU-3 -> CS-3 -> NS-2 -> RV-5
boratian
UG Member
107 IQ
Damn dude, this is really well put together! I love the use of the synth, it fits perfectly. I find the guitar tone to be a bit too raw for my tastes, and the section where the acoustic guitar comes in the distorted guitar should be lowered in the mix and give the acoustic prominence.

Love the riff at 3:00, heavy heavy heavy! The solo is good, I feel like it could be faster at first but that's not to say it's bad by any means, it's very good! I love it once it slows down, that's when it seems to fit perfectly.

The drums could use a bit more treble to stand out better I think, they seem muffled (I like prominent drums, this is more a matter of my own tastes than anything).

C4C? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1555400
Music must be honest to be timeless.
vivalaheerey
90 IQ
Just listened to this track. Good composition! Nice a melodic and at times heavy enough for me to like. Dislike the synth, but thats just me, synth lines like that aren't my style, I would probably use tapping on a guitar to get that. Loved the acoustic bit. You have really put everything into this song, i love songs which incorporate many sounds and styles so this is right up my street.
Overall song structure was great, passed my expectations. Reminds me of classic Avenged Sevenfold.

Like with those above, I believe the guitars are a little harsh. Reduce some of the treble and boost around 150 HZ to give the guitars some extra chunk. Maybe boost the low-mids too? Guitar tones always take time to perfect, but once you have the perfect one, you never really need to mess about with the amp/programme again, unless you use a different guitar

C4C? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1555521
Gibson Les Paul Classic 1960
Engl Powerball 120 Watt
Orange PPC212 Cabi
ISP Decimator
MXR 10-band EQ
Boss OS-2
Andalus
Bànned
144 IQ
I'm about two months late but...

Great playing, I don't listen to anything like this myself, but as far as I can tell you've done a good job of it. As everyone else has said, guitars are a bit harsh.

Liking the keyboard.

Dislike kick drum clickiness!

Toms sound a bit dead.

Like the picked guitar a lot.

Overall, very good man.
Martis93
30 IQ
Hey man, I'm a bit late too, but nice work. The acoustic guitar worked great on this one, I love the sound of acoustic and electric combined, it reminded me a little of Avenged Sevenfold's "City of Evil". And before anyone goes hating on A7X, I'm not a fan (neither a hater), but that album had some sick guitar in it. Also, after my ears adapted to the sound of Periphery, I became very picky about the synths, so I didn't like them on your track. The first time they were okay, but the ones at the ending could've been ommited in my opinion. The solo shows off your skill, but it needs some work to be great. Now it kind of sounds as if you wrote seperate solo parts and put them together instead of one continuous solo, it should have some smoother transitions IMO. Anyways, good work and keep it up, you've shown that you have some skills so better put them to work

C4C:
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1559274