Page 3 of 11
Quote by diceksox1809
Lol actually i recorded it, but it sounds pretty terrible especially since you can hear me singing.

I'm impressed you actually went for it.

Found a working Hollywood The Cracked:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9jIBTmdGKKQ

Not digging it as much as I'd hoped, the part after the first refrain (around 1:15 in) is killer, but the rest of it sounds too much like they just tried to re-record Al the Killer.
Quote by Wisthekiller
tl;dr How does one safely remove the smell of a corpse from a banjo?

Would you run down past the fence?

Tell us, is the black box lying?
Anyone else surprised that it hasn't leaked yet? I had YOBR like a month before it came out.
2012 Gibson Les Paul Custom Classic
2001 Schecter C-1 Classic
2007 Yamaha APX500
Vox AC15CC1 w/ Eminence Tonkerlite
Assorted Pedals!

All for sale!

Call me Matt!
I need this shit nao. NAO.
2007 Yamaha APX500
Assorted Pedals!

All for sale!

Call me Matt!
Apparently the full album has more or less leaked.

http://www.junodownload.com/products/the-afternman-ascension/2043527-02/?trackid=3

This site has the entire album available for streaming, it says you can only listen to 30 second samples but you can just click where it stopped playing. I tried it with The Hollow and it works fine. It kind of ruins the flow, but I bet someone will manage to string together the samples before long.

I'm gonna wait for my preorder to come, but for anyone who can't wait this is better than nothing I guess.
I Love You A Lot.
2007 Yamaha APX500
Assorted Pedals!

All for sale!

Call me Matt!
This Album Is ****ing Magnificent!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
2007 Yamaha APX500
Assorted Pedals!

All for sale!

Call me Matt!
Sorry for the double post, but if anyone finds a download, or youtube links, or anything along those lines please post! Just want to listen to this front to back!

YOUTUBE!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XgdGWwBagwM

HAPPY AFTERMAN!
2007 Yamaha APX500
Assorted Pedals!

All for sale!

Call me Matt!
Last edited by diceksox1809 at Oct 3, 2012,
Quote by diceksox1809
Sorry for the double post, but if anyone finds a download, or youtube links, or anything along those lines please post! Just want to listen to this front to back!

YOUTUBE!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XgdGWwBagwM

HAPPY AFTERMAN!

Good ****ing lord.

That song tipped me over, preordering this shit if I still can.

Edit: Well, if there was ever a reason to hate student loans, blocking me from this is probably the biggest.
Quote by Wisthekiller

Last edited by Pink Muse at Oct 3, 2012,
Evagria the Faithful and Vic the Butcher are my early favorites. I'll post my full thoughts when the real thing comes in the mail but this sounds great.
Go Bruins!
So this was posted on the pre-order "Transmissions" page.

Hello friends, fans, and COTF,

First of all, thank you. Since you are reading this, it means you are a massive supporter of ours - many of you we know or have met. Without you, we wouldn’t be able to play shows, record our records or follow our creative urges on a daily basis like we are allowed to do. Without you, we wouldn’t be here, and we never lose sight of that.

Because of that, and our desire to deliver to you art that we are truly proud of; that we feel you will enjoy and appreciate manyyears from now; The Afterman Amory Award Edition has not shipped yet, and therefore will miss our targeted delivery date of next Tuesday.

All digital music, including the 9 demos will be delivered to you 24 hours early, on Sunday night at Midnight. We are told the physical sets will begin shipping mid to late next week.

There are several reasons for this delay. The biggest reason is quality. We rejected several prototypes that would have saved us money and a little time, but that has never been what we are about. We made a conscious decision that we would not be taking shortcuts. We want each deluxe album to be better than the last, and as The Afterman began taking shape, it just kept growing and evolving, and so even if you are a little pissed right now, we feel like a year from now, 2 years from now, 5 years from now, you will still appreciate this set. So much time went into the recording of this album, the creation of concept, the painting of the art - that we couldn’t cut corners. From Nathan’s Art, to the certificate, to the coin, to the paper it was printed on – there were a lot of moving parts, and pretty much each one had Its own pitfalls – but in turn, made the package stronger. Despite all of this, our printer told us that they had made up time and we would be able to ship this week, and we were very relieved to hear that. Unfortunately, we were told yesterday that another hiccup occurred in the pressing plant that pushed completion back at least a week.

So in addition, we have decided that your VIP laminate will not only get you in early to our headline shows (you still need tickets) from now through next Spring, and select shows after, but for all these shows we will perform a special acoustic song before doors for you. You can be assured that we will be embarking on a major US headliner as well as touring all over the globe next year.

For those of you who ordered in time for signatures - we decided to sign the laminates instead of the certificates. The first run of certificates were rejected because of the quality of the paper. It was a nice paper, but was just too thin, and when it was shipped to us, and as we began signing, the corners were getting bent, wrinkles began to form and it just didn’t cut it. The new certificates are a much better paper and without us handling them, will hopefully allow them to maintain a pristine quality.

We apologize greatly for this inconvenience, we hope the music can hold you over for the short delay. We appreciate your patience and look forward to sharing the journey of The Afterman with you.

Digital downloads will be posted midnight Sunday, rather than midnight Monday!
I've been out of the loop for a while, so for someone who can't find many redeeming qualities in either NWFT or YOBR, is this album worth looking into? The first three albums were my adolescence, basically. Still love them.
Quote by happytimeharry
I think I just peed a little. So good...

Side question. Do any of you guys know if the early-access passes for this tour include a +1 entry, or is just for the pass holder?

I hope it's +1. Wouldn't want to miss out on that acoustic foreplay session.
Last edited by BurningStarlV at Oct 5, 2012,
Quote by Samdroid
I've been out of the loop for a while, so for someone who can't find many redeeming qualities in either NWFT or YOBR, is this album worth looking into? The first three albums were my adolescence, basically. Still love them.

They got their groove back aka Josh. They also recorded in their original studio with their original producers. Yes, it's worth looking into.

Quote by BurningStarlV
I hope it's +1. Wouldn't want to miss out on that acoustic foreplay session.

Yeah, I just don't want to feel bad for ditching out on my friend while I go in early.
Last edited by happytimeharry at Oct 5, 2012,
Quote by BurningStarlV
Me either. If it isn't plus one I won't be getting in early, which sucks because it's one of the reasons why I pre-ordered.

Well, look on the bright side. At least the pass is going to be signed, regardless if you get to use it.
Quote by happytimeharry
Well, look on the bright side. At least the pass is going to be signed, regardless if you get to use it.

Are they signing all the pre-order passes now? I thought they were just resigning the ones early enough, though that seems like a lot more work. Our show was too early for the passes to matter, though.
Quote by Wisthekiller

Quote by Samdroid

Yes. This album is the definition of the bees knees.
2007 Yamaha APX500
Assorted Pedals!

All for sale!

Call me Matt!
Quote by Pink Muse
Are they signing all the pre-order passes now? I thought they were just resigning the ones early enough, though that seems like a lot more work. Our show was too early for the passes to matter, though.

I'm pretty sure just if you pre-ordered before the early cut-off.

Btw, I'm impatient so I "found" the album last night. I don't feel bad since I'm buying this album twice. I've probably listened through it 4 times just today. It's absolutely phenomenal. My only complaint, albeit a minor one, is that Ascension doesn't seem to have it's own Mother Superior or Pearl of the Stars. Hopefully Descension will have at least one song with that feel to it. I think Mothers of Men is probably my favorite track off the album, if not one of my overall top Coheed songs. It has such a fucking awesome groove to it. Also, I think Subtraction is my least favorite off of the album, at least upon the first few listens. Well, the first half of it anyway. The end of it is gorgeous.
Quote by happytimeharry
I'm pretty sure just if you pre-ordered before the early cut-off.

Btw, I'm impatient so I "found" the album last night. I don't feel bad since I'm buying this album twice. I've probably listened through it 4 times just today. It's absolutely phenomenal. My only complaint, albeit a minor one, is that Ascension doesn't seem to have it's own Mother Superior or Pearl of the Stars. Hopefully Descension will have at least one song with that feel to it. I think Mothers of Men is probably my favorite track off the album, if not one of my overall top Coheed songs. It has such a fucking awesome groove to it. Also, I think Subtraction is my least favorite off of the album, at least upon the first few listens. Well, the first half of it anyway. The end of it is gorgeous.

Figures. But... I mean, it's not like it's that much harder...

I don't feel bad about "stealing" music. You don't pay for food up-front and if it sucks you get a refund, a majority of other services work on a similar principle. Why should I pay an artist for one single and eleven tracks of filler? If it's good, I buy the album and usually a shirt or other merch to actually support them.

Good to hear it's as quality as I'm hoping. I didn't care for Hollywood the Cracked, but everything else I've heard has been top notch music.
Quote by Wisthekiller

Quote by Pink Muse

Good to hear it's as quality as I'm hoping. I didn't care for Hollywood the Cracked, but everything else I've heard has been top notch music.

Hollywood took a few listens to grow on me. It has quite the Al the Killer vibe to it and has some pretty great lyrics. "She's a few cards short of a full deck, a joker in the game. She's got a bullet with your name on it, no doubt she's a mental case." I love that.
My signed copy arrived today. Album will be a grower me-thinks. Album was different than what I thought it was, but still very interesting and Im sure I'll like it more in time
Bands:
Native State
A Titan, A Deity
Rash L.A

Gear:
PRS P245 Semi Hollow
Suhr Modern Guthrie Spec
Mayones Regius 7 Buckeye Burl
LSL CVS Studio Strat
Fender American Standard Tele
Faith Hi Gloss Venus

Mesa Lonestar Special
Bugera 333
Zilla 2x12 Fatboy
Line 6 PodHD500
So I think the band is dropping the album tonight at midnight?

Im not positive on it, just what it looks like on Cobalt.
2007 Yamaha APX500
Assorted Pedals!

All for sale!

Call me Matt!
Quote by diceksox1809
So I think the band is dropping the album tonight at midnight?

Im not positive on it, just what it looks like on Cobalt.

If you pre-ordered it you can download everything at midnight. Just 2:20 away.
Quote by Wisthekiller

Im excited to hear those demos as thats the only stuff I havent heard yet lol
2007 Yamaha APX500
Assorted Pedals!

All for sale!

Call me Matt!
One hour! I haven't listened to the leak so I'm chomping at the bit for this. Thank God for Sunday Night Football and playoff baseball to keep me distracted.
So apparently they're not releasing the digital downloads until midnight PST, what bullshit is this? Really tempted to download the leak now.
Last edited by iro-bot31 at Oct 8, 2012,
Quote by iro-bot31
So apparently they're not releasing the digital downloads until midnight PST, what bullshit is this? Really tempted to download the leak now.

There are entire galaxies that would struggle to contain my rage right now.
Quote by Wisthekiller

Listening now.

Ejaculation imminent.

EDIT: Aside from the thousands of missed opportunities to shred balls in Evagria, this is a pretty good album.

EDIT 2: Actually, as it's settled in my brain, I'm finding less to like. Granted, this is a first time full listen and (because it's Coheed) I'll be listening to it multiple times, but I feel like this album just kind of plods along with the majority of the songs building to no major conclusion. Where'd my proggy, 7+ minute, cram all kinds of guitar wizardry Coheed go?
Last edited by goest at Oct 8, 2012,
Just keep in mind this is only half of the album.
2007 Yamaha APX500
Assorted Pedals!

All for sale!

Call me Matt!
Quote by goest
Where'd my proggy, 7+ minute, cram all kinds of guitar wizardry Coheed go?

Yeah, that's the main thing I think is missing from the album. There doesn't seem to be a whole lot of stand-out lead guitar moments. Ascension is still great, though, and much better than YotBR.

Quote by diceksox1809
Just keep in mind this is only half of the album.

Very true. I think to accurately judge The Afterman we'll have to wait until Descension is released.
Truth on both accounts. I still hold this album to be better than the last two, but it comes nowhere close to capturing the same response from me as the first three, especially FFTTEOM.