Page 5 of 11
Damn, I missed it.

Any way I can rewatch it?

Links anyone?

EDIT: JK it finally loaded on the livestream site.

Wow, fantastic concert.

Audio didn't seem too bad for me :/

Only complaint was the crowd....man if they had done a live stream of the Worcester show it would have been way crazier. They were all so tame. It was physically impossible to be as close as some of those people and even hold a video camera over their heads. Plus those people on the barrier didn't look like they were dying from pain. Thats just not right.
2012 Gibson Les Paul Custom Classic
2001 Schecter C-1 Classic
2007 Yamaha APX500
Vox AC15CC1 w/ Eminence Tonkerlite
Assorted Pedals!

All for sale!

Call me Matt!
Last edited by diceksox1809 at Oct 11, 2012,
I honest to god thought I was going to pass out in Boston. It was 120+ degrees in the front, and no water or anything. It became about surviving to awesome music, and that's... pretty cool. But the crowd was pretty terrible. :\
Quote by Wisthekiller
tl;dr How does one safely remove the smell of a corpse from a banjo?

Would you run down past the fence?

Tell us, is the black box lying?
Last edited by Pink Muse at Oct 12, 2012,
all you guys who said the crowd was weak....you guys werent there. just sayin.
Gear
-Ibanez RG321 ( /w D-Sonic)
-Agile AL-3100 (/w Custom + '59)
-Yamaha FG730S
-Crybaby 535Q
-Keeley TS-9
-ISP Decimator
-B-52 AT-212
Quote by Mental-lica
My hats off to you mr. lanzaa and you can put this in your sig

M en
E jaculating
T o
A wful
L yrics
Quote by lanzaa
all you guys who said the crowd was weak....you guys werent there. just sayin.

Very few were singing, only a few more than that were even moving around at all. Every Coheed show I've been to has been a riot with the bartenders as the only people not losing it for every song, and just barely at that. I can almost understand if it's a new song (though three days is plenty to learn them!), but look during In Keeping Secrets, Welcome Home, and even A Favor House Atlantic. Only a small portion of the crowd was singing their signature songs. It's not an acoustic jazz set, it's Coheed and ****ing Cambria.
Quote by Wisthekiller

not sure i can agree with that. i was in the front and it was murder, awesome time. try being closer to the front
Gear
-Yamaha FG730S
-Crybaby 535Q
-Keeley TS-9
-ISP Decimator
-B-52 AT-212
Quote by Mental-lica

M en
E jaculating
T o
A wful
L yrics
Quote by lanzaa
not sure i can agree with that. i was in the front and it was murder, awesome time. try being closer to the front

Past two shows I've been front and center. Check out his video, too. None of what they streamed even resembled that level of intensity.
Quote by Wisthekiller

I'm pretty sure the audio was messed up, as a few times I heard it kind of click in, like we were only getting half the feed or something (at least when it was streamed live). That, coupled with how horribly mixed it seemed (Josh's mic was considerably louder than Claudios) would lead me to believe as such. And the crowd did seem to know the lyrics when Claudio stopped, although the chatroom had tons more excitement than they did .
Quote by Pink Muse
Past two shows I've been front and center. Check out his video, too. None of what they streamed even resembled that level of intensity.

thats fine and all but i really dont understand why you want to argue with me when i was physically there heh.

also the audience was loud as hell. im pretty sure they dont actively mic the audience so yeah.
Gear
-Yamaha FG730S
-Crybaby 535Q
-Keeley TS-9
-ISP Decimator
-B-52 AT-212
Quote by Mental-lica

M en
E jaculating
T o
A wful
L yrics
Quote by lanzaa
thats fine and all but i really dont understand why you want to argue with me when i was physically there heh.

also the audience was loud as hell. im pretty sure they dont actively mic the audience so yeah.

Not trying to start shit; just pointing out that, from the video we were shown, it didn't look active.

Anyways, found this old as hell footage; apparently it's from the first concert they played as Coheed and Cambria, after Shabutie.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=oyCkTrc0NDA
Quote by Wisthekiller

Gear
-Yamaha FG730S
-Crybaby 535Q
-Keeley TS-9
-ISP Decimator
-B-52 AT-212
Quote by Mental-lica

M en
E jaculating
T o
A wful
L yrics
Quote by Pink Muse

Anyways, found this old as hell footage; apparently it's from the first concert they played as Coheed and Cambria, after Shabutie.

*vid*

Haha, one of these days Claudio needs to come out on stage with his hair that short again. I think everyone would flip the fuck out.
I've seen one of those black and white ones before, couldn't tell you which though. Claudio had a white Strat, though. When he brought one out the other night I was wondering if it was the same. Also haven't seen his Jaguar in a while!

Quote by happytimeharry
Haha, one of these days Claudio needs to come out on stage with his hair that short again. I think everyone would flip the fuck out.

He said his manager made him cut it for YOTBR and he absolutely hated it. And uh... I gotta agree.

I maintain that long-haired Claudio with highlights is best Claudio.
Quote by Wisthekiller

The hair was an adequate indicator of when shit got real. Let it completely loose for IKSSE, and it was goddamned epic. I choose to view Claudio like Solomon (Claudiomon) - Not as powerful without his hair.
It seems weird when you point it out, but thus spake the interview. Either way, his hair was shorter.

Quote by Mudmen190
The hair was an adequate indicator of when shit got real. Let it completely loose for IKSSE, and it was goddamned epic. I choose to view Claudio like Solomon (Claudiomon) - Not as powerful without his hair.

I like bangin' chicks, but I got the weirdest boner when he let it loose. I... I can admit that.
Quote by Wisthekiller

I think the deluxe set comes with Descension labelled CD's that are blank, and you're supposed to burn the songs to it with the digital download o.0 .... That's interesting....
It's pretty stupid, really. 80 minutes of music isn't too much to handle, they should've just released both parts at the same time. The only good reason I can think of to separate the two parts by 4 months is for more time to advertise.
I didn't look back over this thread to see if it's been discussed yet, but I came across an interview with Claudio where he said they're in the very initial talks of an Amory Wars movie. Thoughts?
I'm an
Engeneer
Enginear
Enginere

I'm Good at Math
Quote by J-Dawg158
I didn't look back over this thread to see if it's been discussed yet, but I came across an interview with Claudio where he said they're in the very initial talks of an Amory Wars movie. Thoughts?

Yep they have made some sort of deal with Leverage to work with Mark Wahlberg and produce a live-action movie.

Cool stuff.

Something along those lines
2012 Gibson Les Paul Custom Classic
2001 Schecter C-1 Classic
2007 Yamaha APX500
Vox AC15CC1 w/ Eminence Tonkerlite
Assorted Pedals!

All for sale!

Call me Matt!
Stylistically, I can see how making it two albums gives an advantage, especially with a band as thematic as Coheed. But, even still, some songs just feel short. Maybe they want it to be more accessible as a whole, but then both are only 10 minutes longer than some of their other albums, so .
I think a movie could potentially work, but there are probably better avenues for an animated/live action version, maybe an internet show. Got a link to the interview?
Last edited by Mudmen190 at Oct 17, 2012,
Quote by BurningStarlV
The only good reason I can think of to separate the two parts by 4 months is for more time to advertise.

Meh, if it gives them an excuse to do another headlining tour early next year I don't have a problem with it.
Coming February, a tour with Russian Circles and Between The Buried And Me. Huge fan of the former, not so much the latter, but excited anyways!
Quote by Wisthekiller

Just looked for/found this thread.

Sup guys.

Sup Pink Muse.

Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by goest
Couple shows got postponed
http://childrenofthefence.tumblr.com/post/34110923678/st-louis-kc-okc-springfield-and-nashville-postponed

To be honest, though, I'm kind of glad. I'd rather not see them in KC for some 96.5 the Buzz festival. I ****ing hate that station.

Yeah, just got the email, really bummed out. Now we have to wait another fucking month, and I'll be balls-deep in holiday season scheduling at work.

edit: I wonder if they'll do anything special for the rescheduled dates, like maybe a different set list. *crosses fingers for an encore with The Final Cut* I haven't seen them end with that since they toured for GA: Vol 1 and I've been hoping for it ever since.
Last edited by happytimeharry at Oct 22, 2012,
Quote by Offworld92
Just looked for/found this thread.

Sup guys.

Sup Pink Muse.

Seriously? Weren't you in the old one?
Quote by Wisthekiller

Prolly.

But the music threads are a pain in the ass to keep track of.

I'll probably post in this one for a couple days, then lose it and forget about it forever.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by happytimeharry
Yeah, just got the email, really bummed out. Now we have to wait another fucking month, and I'll be balls-deep in holiday season scheduling at work.

edit: I wonder if they'll do anything special for the rescheduled dates, like maybe a different set list. *crosses fingers for an encore with The Final Cut* I haven't seen them end with that since they toured for GA: Vol 1 and I've been hoping for it ever since.

It was painfully obvious that they shouldn't be performing when I saw them on Saturday. Claudio could barely sing an entire line. To top it off I felt extremely pukey halfway through their set and left the show early. I didn't miss much though because they cut Sentry, Goodnight Fair Lady, The Suffering, and The Final Cut out of their set. I was so excited to see them play The Final Cut live again!
Last edited by BurningStarlV at Oct 23, 2012,
I saw their Cleveland show got cut short and Claudio was pissed for most of the set. I guess people lit fireworks in Mother Superior. It's a real shame concertgoers can't just enjoy the show and have to beat the shit out of each other and distract everyone else who wants to actually listen to the music and see their favorite artists perform.
Quote by Wisthekiller

I've missed every opportunity I've had to see them live...

Judging from youtube through, Claudio seems to be one of those singers that's very hit and miss. Is that really the case or does he get smeared like Dragonforce did a few years ago?
I'm an
Engeneer
Enginear
Enginere

I'm Good at Math
Quote by J-Dawg158

Judging from youtube through, Claudio seems to be one of those singers that's very hit and miss. Is that really the case or does he get smeared like Dragonforce did a few years ago?

Claudio is more hit than miss, at least taking into account the 5 times I've seen them so far. He's definitely gotten better over the years, but every once in a while he'll have an off show. Take some of the Neverender nights, for example. Although I imagine playing every one of your songs over 4 nights would strain anyone's voice.