Page 5 of 8
hey so this is my fakebit piece. do you guys think it would fit the style of the album? this is the type of music my band plays/writes but i did this one solo and made it a bit darker. hopefully its not too long either

http://soundcloud.com/lanzaa/abacinate-the-dogmatist
Gear
-Ibanez RG321 ( /w D-Sonic)
-Agile AL-3100 (/w Custom + '59)
-Yamaha FG730S
-Crybaby 535Q
-Keeley TS-9
-ISP Decimator
-B-52 AT-212
Quote by Mental-lica
My hats off to you mr. lanzaa and you can put this in your sig

M en
E jaculating
T o
A wful
L yrics
Will listen to all of the ones posted when on the train home, I'll post again with my thoughts.
Quote by Ichikurosaki
sloth is hacking away feebly at the grass because he is a sloth but he was trying so hard ;_; hes all "penguin im HERE i am here to help you penguin"
Quote by lanzaa
hey so this is my fakebit piece. do you guys think it would fit the style of the album? this is the type of music my band plays/writes but i did this one solo and made it a bit darker. hopefully its not too long either

http://soundcloud.com/lanzaa/abacinate-the-dogmatist

Cool tune, and it isn't required to be a full 8-bit so it should work. Though I'm totally for hearing this more chippy.
Quote by smartguyreviews
Cool tune, and it isn't required to be a full 8-bit so it should work. Though I'm totally for hearing this more chippy.

hah thx maybe i can change it up a bit. i listened to your piece, i digged it. Sounds like it should belong as a town theme or something. sort of reminded me of megaman legends hah. i think it could be a bit more 8bity though.
Gear
-Ibanez RG321 ( /w D-Sonic)
-Agile AL-3100 (/w Custom + '59)
-Yamaha FG730S
-Crybaby 535Q
-Keeley TS-9
-ISP Decimator
-B-52 AT-212
Quote by Mental-lica
My hats off to you mr. lanzaa and you can put this in your sig

M en
E jaculating
T o
A wful
L yrics
I am planning to have the lead and counter melodies be 8-bit, but I'm gonna place them against a foundations of more life-like drum, bass, guitars and keys.
Quote by Ichikurosaki
sloth is hacking away feebly at the grass because he is a sloth but he was trying so hard ;_; hes all "penguin im HERE i am here to help you penguin"
Quote by Weaponized
Wow dude, I really dug it! except for the percussion... but it's still very good

Thanks! Yeah, the entire Rhythm section, drums especially, is basically just keeping time, I intend to fully write out the comping, but that takes a long, long time
Hey, what the heck, I'll sign up if it's not too late. Also, don't know if it's been mentioned, but if you have an iPhone or iPad, there is a app out there called NESynth that does a really good emulation of the synth sounds of the NES.
Through The Waterfall

My finished track! Mostly 8-bitish using the VST's given in the OP. Hope y'all enjoy! When you're ready to put the album together I can send the MP3/WAV.

Doing this has taught me a lot about Cubase. I now feel more ready to start recording stuff! Thanks for this opportunity
Last edited by DiminishedFifth at Aug 20, 2012,
i will for sure do this if I can find a way to make some 8 bit music ... i has no money

EDIT: I have things figured out and I'm going to do it. Yay VST plugins and free FL Studios

EDIT2:

Waterways

My 8bit track i spent so long on. It may not qualify as 8-bit, I'm not sure. I used Peach, Toad and Triforce from the OP. Apologies if it sucks, it's the first electronic track i've completed (and I don't have the full version of FL Studio so I can't work on it later). I may submit something else instead of this but for now this is it.
If you're traveling in the North Country Fair
Where the winds hit heavy on the borderline
Remember me to the one who lives there
For she once was a true love of mine
Last edited by SpillyMcKid at Aug 21, 2012,
So uh...can we get a way to submit these already?
Check out my band Disturbed
Alright guys, so I made a Dropbox account and a group, there's a thread in the group for the Dropbox invites, where you'll be able to upload your songs, update them and move them to the "Final Version" folder when they're finished!

http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/8bitalbum/

Anybody can join.
Last edited by CoreysMonster at Aug 24, 2012,
If anyone's willing to listen to 2 quick songs and give me some serious feedback, I'd really appreciate it. Message me if interested.
I'll do it if you want!
Quote by Ichikurosaki
Quote by Demon Wolf
I'll do it if you want!

Hmm ok thanks dude

http://soundcloud.com/weap-1/8bit-help-me

This track was what I started on at first. I was using the plug ins in the OP and I am very unfamiliar with them. I had very little direction and think I should just scrap it at this point, do you agree?

http://soundcloud.com/weap-1/song-4-yougee

Now with this one I gave up on the plug ins and used the stuff I normally use, plus I had some sense of where I wanted to go. Right now it's very bare and I'm wondering should I add some more variety or keep it simple? This is definitely still a work in progress though.
Okay I will listen in a bit and post my thoughts.
Quote by Ichikurosaki
Quote by Weaponized
Hmm ok thanks dude

http://soundcloud.com/weap-1/8bit-help-me

This track was what I started on at first. I was using the plug ins in the OP and I am very unfamiliar with them. I had very little direction and think I should just scrap it at this point, do you agree?

http://soundcloud.com/weap-1/song-4-yougee

Now with this one I gave up on the plug ins and used the stuff I normally use, plus I had some sense of where I wanted to go. Right now it's very bare and I'm wondering should I add some more variety or keep it simple? This is definitely still a work in progress though.

The first song; You were right, it seems to lack direction and it feels very disjointed. You need some sort of theme to tie it together. Otherwise I'd just discard it and focus on the second one, it is much better.

Second song; Now this is more like it. A much more focused effort with a stronger main melody. The backing organ gets a bit grating after a while. It sorts itself out when the backing keys come in at 1:15. I'd still suggest to maybe change the organ arrangement so it is more progressive, maybe change it at around 0:48 when the lead melody evolves.

Now it sort of clouds the overall soundscape with its heavy drone.
Quote by Ichikurosaki
Quote by Demon Wolf
The first song; You were right, it seems to lack direction and it feels very disjointed. You need some sort of theme to tie it together. Otherwise I'd just discard it and focus on the second one, it is much better.

Second song; Now this is more like it. A much more focused effort with a stronger main melody. The backing organ gets a bit grating after a while. It sorts itself out when the backing keys come in at 1:15. I'd still suggest to maybe change the organ arrangement so it is more progressive, maybe change it at around 0:48 when the lead melody evolves.

Now it sort of clouds the overall soundscape with its heavy drone.

Thank you dude, this is exactly what I needed, some good constructive criticism. I think I know what to do with it now.

Anytime. I have two guide tracks, I don't know which one to continue with:

Exit Strategy - https://dl.dropbox.com/u/54174090/Exit%20Strategy.mp3
Combined Arms - http://soundcloud.com/demonwolf/combined-arms

Obviously not in 8-bit form yet...
Quote by Ichikurosaki
Last edited by Demon Wolf at Aug 25, 2012,
Hmmm although both are very good, I think Combined Arms would be better suited to 8-bit type music.

Both are definitely worth finishing though!
Quote by CoreysMonster
You people need to start sending me your emails so I can add you to the Dropbox

Sent.
e-married to the most fabulous Fashionista ever, Rarity
e-mom to Scootaloo, somehow
Quote by dawgeth321
Let's warm our wings, fly through the clouds, and dance in the sky, mon capitaine.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Spit is a milf

UG 8-BIT ALBUM
SoundCloud
Oh, one more thing: When you upload your final version, can you make sure you add your username or band name to the title, and have the ID3 tags include the title and your username/bandname? That's be great
Sent in my email. I'm currently just finishing up some tracks. I'm planning to load them to my account, then hopefully either I'll decide which song to submit on my own, or some other users can offer their opinions to help me decide.

Edit: Never mind, I've already decided.
Last edited by EC_AL_JH_GH at Aug 30, 2012,
Submitted four tracks, I let you know which I'd prefer if it came down to it.

Just to let everyone know my techno project name is Daydream Anatomy.
The id3 tag contains everything BUT my username I think:/
My bad.
Quote by FlyingPirahna
HEY GUYS I TRIED TO JOIN THIS

BUT NO ONE EVER ADDED MY NAME TO THE LIST

This makes me sad.

Just send me a PM with your email, and you'll be added to the Dropbox. The list of people in the OP really doesn't matter, because half of those people have forgotten about this already.

Just send me your email, I'll add you to the dropbox and you can upload your track while working on it, get critique, and then upload it when it's finished.
Quote by CoreysMonster
Just send me a PM with your email, and you'll be added to the Dropbox. The list of people in the OP really doesn't matter, because half of those people have forgotten about this already.

Just send me your email, I'll add you to the dropbox and you can upload your track while working on it, get critique, and then upload it when it's finished.

Hey man, I'm a bit confused, I originally thought you meant the dropbox feature in soundcloud but it seems like you're talking about an entirely different thing. My track is fully complete and ready to submit, couldn't I just email you the mp3? Atttach it to the email?
Quote by 12Jim34
Hey man, I'm a bit confused, I originally thought you meant the dropbox feature in soundcloud but it seems like you're talking about an entirely different thing. My track is fully complete and ready to submit, couldn't I just email you the mp3? Atttach it to the email?

PM him your email, then log on to dropbox. If you don't have an account there, make one. He'll send you an invite to the specific folder we're using. There'll be a button saying upload. Hit it, and upload your mp3 with the title and your username etc in the file name

EDIT: dropbox and soundcloud are different things
e-married to the most fabulous Fashionista ever, Rarity
e-mom to Scootaloo, somehow
Quote by dawgeth321
Let's warm our wings, fly through the clouds, and dance in the sky, mon capitaine.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Spit is a milf

UG 8-BIT ALBUM
SoundCloud
Quote by davrockist
PM him your email, then log on to dropbox. If you don't have an account there, make one. He'll send you an invite to the specific folder we're using. There'll be a button saying upload. Hit it, and upload your mp3 with the title and your username etc in the file name

EDIT: dropbox and soundcloud are different things

Ah, ok. Thanks man. Soundcloud used to have a feature called the dropbox where you upload your track and then you can put it anyone's dropbox and it's like a playlist I guess. I wasn't aware there was a different thing altogether with the same name. Anyway I'll get to that now!
Quote by CoreysMonster

Alright, will do.