Slowed down with my playing lately. So I decidedto learn hybrid picking. I can use my fingers, and I can use a plectrum, but together it's weird. So it's just practise. So I need some songs. Currently on Babe I'm Gonna Leave You by Zeppelin.
Rework older songs you know to use the technique, it's very easy to find ways to put it in to older material. Just make sure you're using as many fingers as possible, I didn't for ages and I really think it held my hybrid picking back.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
A good target song is "Country Boy" by Albert Lee.

I really do mean "target" though - not being a hybrid picker usually I found this pretty tough.

Also... boobs.. seriously, if you ever wonder why people take a while to respond to your threads.. boobs.
ESP Horizon FR II (EMG) / Ibanez Prestige RG1570 (DiMarzio Crunch Lab & LiquiFire pickups)
Last edited by llBlackenedll at Aug 6, 2012,
More Than a Feeling - Boston
Trademark - Eric Johnson

Those are the only ones I can think of off of the top of my head.
Quote by llBlackenedll
A good target song is "Country Boy" by Albert Lee.

I really do mean "target" though - not being a hybrid picker usually I found this pretty tough.

Also... boobs.. seriously, if you ever wonder why people take a while to respond to your threads.. boobs.

I agreed with "Country Boy" song, its really awesome to get played with guitar.
Wow, Country Boy sounds insane. I don't think I could play that. Maybe as a long term goal but that sounds crazy haha
Quote by WholeLottaIzzy
Wow, Country Boy sounds insane. I don't think I could play that. Maybe as a long term goal but that sounds crazy haha

Yeah it's pretty mental but it's worth a go - it's the kind of tune that, while very fast, still sounds pretty good when played at slower speeds, whereas a lot of shred stuff just sounds wrong at slower speeds.
ESP Horizon FR II (EMG) / Ibanez Prestige RG1570 (DiMarzio Crunch Lab & LiquiFire pickups)
Pretty much anything by "Dire Straits" is adaptable to a hybrid style. That's because Mark Knopffler uses a "claw hammer technique", with the thumb, index and middle finger. With the pick, you're simply move the 2 fingers down one.

If you like Celtic music, I'd suggest Richard Thompson, formerly of "Fairport Convention". He's one of the best at this style.

Here's a super DVD (IMO, of course): http://www.amazon.com/Richard-Thompson-Live-at-Celtic-Connection/dp/B006ESH2CQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1344667335&sr=8-1&keywords=richard+thompson+dvd
Learn some Steve Cropper style soul licks, using sixth intervals.
But boys will be boys and girls have those eyes
that'll cut you to ribbons, sometimes
and all you can do is just wait by the moon
and bleed if it's what she says you ought to do