Page 2 of 7
Quote by MM14

Crappy pic but it's still a work in progress

Very very nice indeed. Nice choice of pedals!
Quote by Cathbard

That is really my harp board but I also use it with guitar for screwing around at home. My gigging "pedalboard" is a rack.

You can't see it in the photo but there is a string of pretty blue LED's under the top panel.

cheap pedals for the win..
not so much the FAB, but the livingstone OD is actually pretty decent..
Quote by element4433
One time I watched a dog lick his own dick for twenty minutes.

Quote by Roc8995
No.

Well, technically it could be done, but only in the same way that you could change a cat into a hamburger. It's an unpleasant process, and nobody is happy with the result.

Dunlop Volume Pedal -> Devi Ever Vintage Fuzz Master -> Way Huge Swollen Pickle -> Boss BF-2 Flanger -> TC Electronics Nova Repeater -> Boss RC-2 Looper w/ Foot Switch -> Jet City JCA20h
Quote by rocknroll93
cheap pedals for the win..
not so much the FAB, but the livingstone OD is actually pretty decent..

The Livingstone is surprisingly good. I bought it at Aldi for peanuts ($20 iirc) expecting to have to fit a new board into it and I was pleasantly surprised. Sounds very much like a Boss SD-1.
The FAB chorus is actually pretty good and I scored it for some stupid low price off ebay.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by ibanart300
Very very nice indeed. Nice choice of pedals!

Thank you very much

Quote by NakedInTheRain
is that a custom kanji 9 or a modded classic distortion?

It's a Kanji 9 I'm not sure why mine came in red though, I always thought Kanji 9s came in black and white but it appears not to be true. I think mine may be a bit of an anomaly because it's a red Kanji 9 that came with the manual for the Kanji eternity
Quote by Cathbard
The Livingstone is surprisingly good. I bought it at Aldi for peanuts ($20 iirc) expecting to have to fit a new board into it and I was pleasantly surprised. Sounds very much like a Boss SD-1.
The FAB chorus is actually pretty good and I scored it for some stupid low price off ebay.

I worked in a music store, I hated the fabs, they sounded tacky to me.. I figured I'd try the livingstone OD, cos I mean, it's cheap, and it's actually pretty good, but the pins in the jack need to be bent in, mine crackle. I don't use the pedal any more, I got better (BBE Green Screamer)
Quote by element4433

Quote by Roc8995
No.

Well, technically it could be done, but only in the same way that you could change a cat into a hamburger. It's an unpleasant process, and nobody is happy with the result.
The FAB chorus sounds pretty good for harp and that is that board's primary function. Like I said, my guitar pedalboard is a rack.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
I like racks.

wait, wrong sort of rack.

my harp pedalboard consists of a mic. I don't bother with effects, ill save them for the guitar.
I do have a harmonica mic I use at home, but not gigs.. (it's an old telephone, it sounds great ahha)
Quote by element4433

Quote by Roc8995
No.

This...

... through this:

Guitars:
- Gibson SG Standard
- Lag Roxane 500
- Eastwood Hi-Flyer
- Takamine EG523

Amplifiers:
- Jet City JCA50H
- George Dennis 60Watt The Blue Combo
- Marshall SuperBass 100Watt
Last edited by Tim the Rocker at Aug 27, 2012,
The most recent incarnation of my board

Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
Quote by ragingkitty
The most recent incarnation of my board

Love it! All the right pedals on there :-) Hey what is the Silver Kiss like. I know they are out of production currently and was thinking of picking up a used one.

I will be replacing the OCD soon with a Suhr Shiba Drive and adding a micro POG.
Quote by ibanart300
Love it! All the right pedals on there :-) Hey what is the Silver Kiss like. I know they are out of production currently and was thinking of picking up a used one.

First you must try out Catalonbread's pedals. Try a few and see if you like the sound. Catalinbread pedals IMO both have a very distinctive sound. It's really hard to describe, but it's present in all their pedals. You either like it or don't care for it.

With that said, I find that on the overall the Silverkiss is generally a transparent OD with a prominent top end chime. The volume boost is fairly moderate, but it's got lots of gain on tap.

Compared to the Pure Drive, I found the gain characteristic toggle a little subtle. You'd be able to hear a difference between the 3 modes but it isn't in-your-face prominent.

The EQ has got quite a dynamic range and is somewhat interactive. It isn't as interactive as a Recto's tone stack, but for a pedal its controls are definitely. Ore interactive than the norm.

Now for what it sounds like. Like I mentioned it is transparent overdrive with a bright top end. I generally cut the treble on this OD and I generally like a slightly brighter tone myself. I would use it on a darker amp that has limited tone shaping capabilities. I find that the dynamic EQ range makes it hard to pair with amps that have lots of tonal control like the MkV (though I like it on the MkV channel 2 with my graphic EQ bypassed).

I've read that some forumites on TGP describe it as a Timmy with mid controls and a prominent top end, but I disagree as the Timmy is very much less transparent and has a nasally mid range which is absent from the Silverkiss.
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.

My current board, always changing.

Snarling Dogs Wah, Dunlop Crybaby Classic , MJM Phantom Overdrive, Boss OD-2 (MIJ), Boss CE-5, Boss HF-2 (MIJ), MXR 78 Custom Badass Distortion, MXR Phase 90, MXR Carbon Copy
Gear:

MIA Fender Stratocaster
Jackson Kelly KE3
Ibanez Universe
Marshall JCM 800
Orange Jim Root Terror
Mesa 2x12
Ovation Custom Balladeer
pedals and such in profile
Last edited by funkymonkz at Aug 27, 2012,
How do you like the snarling dog?
Quote by SimplyBen
That's the advantage of being such a distance from Yianni. I can continue to live my life without fear of stumbling upon his dark terror.

Quote by Toppscore
NakedInTheRain aka "Naked with shriveled pencil sized bacon In The Rain"
Depends what I use it for. It's got a huge sweep and is pretty versatile, gets awesome low end and can get pretty sharp depending on the setting. I use it mainly for recording and jamming because there is an unpleasant pop whenever you turn the pedal on so it's not really suitable for a live setting.

If they ever manage to get rid of that pop I would never need another wah.
Gear:

MIA Fender Stratocaster
Jackson Kelly KE3
Ibanez Universe
Marshall JCM 800
Orange Jim Root Terror
Mesa 2x12
Ovation Custom Balladeer
pedals and such in profile
What sort of switch is it using? You may be able to fix the pop yourself with the addition of a single resistor.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by ragingkitty
First you must try out Catalonbread's pedals. Try a few and see if you like the sound. Catalinbread pedals IMO both have a very distinctive sound. It's really hard to describe, but it's present in all their pedals. You either like it or don't care for it.

With that said, I find that on the overall the Silverkiss is generally a transparent OD with a prominent top end chime. The volume boost is fairly moderate, but it's got lots of gain on tap.

Compared to the Pure Drive, I found the gain characteristic toggle a little subtle. You'd be able to hear a difference between the 3 modes but it isn't in-your-face prominent.

The EQ has got quite a dynamic range and is somewhat interactive. It isn't as interactive as a Recto's tone stack, but for a pedal its controls are definitely. Ore interactive than the norm.

Now for what it sounds like. Like I mentioned it is transparent overdrive with a bright top end. I generally cut the treble on this OD and I generally like a slightly brighter tone myself. I would use it on a darker amp that has limited tone shaping capabilities. I find that the dynamic EQ range makes it hard to pair with amps that have lots of tonal control like the MkV (though I like it on the MkV channel 2 with my graphic EQ bypassed).

I've read that some forumites on TGP describe it as a Timmy with mid controls and a prominent top end, but I disagree as the Timmy is very much less transparent and has a nasally mid range which is absent from the Silverkiss.

Thanks heaps for that. It gives me a much better idea reading it from someone who owns one. I love Cbread's pedals, I have serious GAS for a DLS, Silver Kiss and the Teaser Stallion. Just need the money to pick some of them up
Here is my current pedalboard power supply issue so I can only run 5 pedals.

Quote by joshua garcia
I was incredibly drunk and only really remember writing a fanfic where ESP was getting porked by a pony.

Quote by guitar0player
I'd honestly fap to anything with a set of genitals as long as I find it aesthetically appealing.
Alright here goes

Axe > Tuner > Decimator Ch. 1 > Wah > Preamp > Harmonist > Decimator Ch. 2 > Delay > Power Amp

Crappy photos I know, just a phone pic in a dark basement.
:: Peavey JSX | XXX ::
:: LTD V | Viper | AX [EMG85] ::
:: Vader 2x12 | Krankenstein 4x12 ::
:: G50 | DecimatorG-String | 95Q ::
:: Polytune | Ditto | CarbonCopy ::
Last edited by crabstampede at Aug 29, 2012,
Quote by Darkflame
most recent picture I could find, I think everything's there but it's in 2 parts now (got tuner, ABY, overdrive, fuzz and el capistan on a separate board).
Have been playing straight into an amp for months now however.
Well, we know one thing - you don't suffer from OCD.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by Maximus_2005
Boss ce-5: hope to replace with a ce2 one day

The CE-3 isn't bad at all, but the 2 is more practical. Ah well. I like the sparkles on my 3.
I am a fake mountain.
Quote by Darkflame

most recent picture I could find, I think everything's there but it's in 2 parts now (got tuner, ABY, overdrive, fuzz and el capistan on a separate board).
Have been playing straight into an amp for months now however.

Good god that's an old Whammy, which version is it?
What happened to your amp man?
Quote by SimplyBen
That's the advantage of being such a distance from Yianni. I can continue to live my life without fear of stumbling upon his dark terror.

Quote by Toppscore
Fair enough.

I sold the Red as well, to Tim. Now 3 PBT guys will have owned it.
Quote by SimplyBen

Quote by Toppscore
Quote by Darkflame
Wanna hear a funny thing? I actually do

And the total disarray of your pedalboard doesn't drive you batty?
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by Cathbard
And the total disarray of your pedalboard doesn't drive you batty?

one of the rare things that doesn't, weird...
It doesn't look as horrid now though, it's well spaced on two boards I just don't have an actual decent picture for that.
But funnily enough, the only stuff that doesn't make me obsessed is my music gear.
Quote by NakedInTheRain

my pedals. on a table.

Is the new whammy worth the extra money? I'm looking at either finding a used one for around $100, or buying the new one in a store for $200.
Telecasters-->Dunlop Volume Pedal-T1M Pearl-AMT Japanese Girl Wah-Line 6 M9-Ibanez DE7-EHX Cathedral-->Mesa Boogie Nomad 4x10 combo
I've FINALLY gotten around to putting something together. I'm too cheap to buy a pedalboard, so I made one out of some spare bits of plywood. The board is what I take to most jams. I made it to fit in a sweet old bag I found while cleaning out my garage. There's a T.rex fueltank jr. hiding under the upper level, powering everything except the HF-2. The pedals that aren't on the board are usually used for more ambient jams. I just finished repainting my reverb switch, turned out quite nicely imo. Just picked up the pitchblack today.

Pretty happy with this setup.

Tuner > Fairfield Barbershop OD > EHX Germanium OD > Devi Ever Bit fuzz > VFE Old School tremolo > Boss HF-2
Kenneth
Quote by Dan_5893
Good god that's an old Whammy, which version is it?

i wanna say the XP-100 was like 2nd or 3rd gen. i had a new one back around '96, i have actually had two and both fell apart.

my board makes darkflame's look tiddy. i got tired of you guys ribbing me, so i don't show pics of it anymore
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae