Page 4 of 7
Oh ok. Here's a trick - tape a piece of plastic poster hanger to your mic stand. They hold picks really well and are a lot easier to get to.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by Cathbard
Oh ok. Here's a trick - tape a piece of plastic poster hanger to your mic stand. They hold picks really well and are a lot easier to get to.

I don't gig, though I'll keep that in mind if I ever do. It's mostly just to keep picks from littering my room.
Quote by bassmastamitch
^the DIY version of this?
Precisely.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band

I apologise for the shitty image quality. I only have my phone to take pictures withat the moment.

The plain boxes are and BYOC Tubescreamer and a germanium Rangemaster clone that I built.
"Music snobbery is the worst kind of snobbery. 'Oh, you like those noises? Those sounds in your ear? Do you like them? They're the wrong sounds. You should like these sounds in your ear.'"
- Dara O'Briain
Looking to add a Polytune mini in the space on the top right corner and a Visual Sound Jekyll and Hyde. And I still got some space to maybe add either a chorus,compressor, or reverb. The Joyo is awesome cause for those times I'm too lazy to lug or set up my amp, I could just plug in straight to the PA and have it sound and react similarly to my amp.

Current/Main Gear
'06 MIA Fender Stratocaster
'97 Epiphone Les Paul Standard Lim. Ed.
'90s Peavey Classic 30
H&K Tubemeister 18
MXR 404 CAE Crybaby
Ibanez TS9
Ernie Ball Jr. Volume
Digitech Hardwire DL-8
TC Electronic Nova Repeater
Last edited by EncoreBlade at Sep 21, 2012,
yeah i heard those joyos are tech 21 clones. apparently they're designed to go straight into the soundboard. i tried them through an amp and i wasn't really a fan. that was before i heard about the soundboard thing though.

Guitar -> Dunlop 95q ->Ibanez PL-5 Powerlead -> Electro-Harmonix Germanium Big Muff -> Amp -> DOD G7 Processor (patch/bypass switch shown) -> '73 Deluxe Electric Mistress -> T-Rex Tap Tone analog delay -> Echobase/Phase 100 (also built by Badgerific)

Current board iteration, only thing not shown is my Joyo Power Supply (currently trying to get the velco to stick to it, damn rubber bottoms). It'll see another revision once the TS-9/DS-1 pedal Badgerific is building for me arrives
'89 MIJ Fender Strat
Rivera S-120
'60s PEPCO Model 211 5w head
'60s Paul (Pepco) 1x12 tube amp
'60s Harmony H303a 1x10 tube amp
Updated
Guitars:
Jackson DKMGT
Squier CVC
Amps:
Peavey 6505+/Mesa 4x12
Pedalboard:
TC Polytune
ISP Decimator G String
Green Rhino
MXR Phase 90
MXR 10 band EQ
BBE Sonic Stomp
Guyatone MDm5 Delay
Guyatone MD3 Delay
TC Hall of Fame Reverb
Quote by NakedInTheRain
yeah i heard those joyos are tech 21 clones. apparently they're designed to go straight into the soundboard. i tried them through an amp and i wasn't really a fan. that was before i heard about the soundboard thing though.

Yea through an amp it sounds pretty bad (demos on youtube seem to love doing this though ) but it's pretty good just straight into the PA or recording interface. The only thing that sucks is when you turn the voice and drive high, some hissing occurs, but I don't really use it like that so it doesn't really bother me.
Current/Main Gear
'06 MIA Fender Stratocaster
'97 Epiphone Les Paul Standard Lim. Ed.
'90s Peavey Classic 30
H&K Tubemeister 18
MXR 404 CAE Crybaby
Ibanez TS9
Ernie Ball Jr. Volume
Digitech Hardwire DL-8
TC Electronic Nova Repeater

Never posted a pic here before....let's hope it works!!!
It's been in a transition period lately. Been moving stuff around on it. Nothing fancy by any means, but it gets the job done.
Guitar->TO-1->DS-1->Sonic Stomp->CS-3->RP-80->Crybaby GCB-95->Big Muff->Hyper Phase->amp.
My sonic stomp had a defect and and hisses and totally cuts the signal when I switch it off. I have to send it in for repairs otherwise it'd be through my amps effect loop instead of in front because it's always on.
I use my amps distortion with the delta lab as a boost for solos, but the cs-3 has sort of made me not have to. The hyper phase kinda has a volume drop, but the cs-3 fixes that too...I love that thing!!
The RP-80 is basically my tuner now, but it has a delay setting I like and that I can control with the expression pedal. It throws a slight EQ curve on my amp as well as having a noise gate, so it is a pretty important part of my overall rig.
I don't have any room on my DC-10, so I have the RP-80 connected to a digitech adapter. My bands been gigging a lot, so everything is pretty beat up from being in the back of a car not to mention that a lot of that stuff has a lot of hours logged!!

Like I said, nothing fancy

yes that is an old pokemon card...Magmar to be exact
:
"Stop shooting me!!!GAHHHH!!!"
<(0_0<(>0_0)> FU
^(0_0)^^(0_0)^ Sion
(>0_0)><(0_0< HA!!!
<(*~*)>
Last edited by sonny bb at Sep 24, 2012,

Updated! Current setup:
Guitar-> Dunlop 95q Wah-> Golden Electronics Char Char Fuzz->Mittelschmertz Audio Otoschlerosis Dual Distortion/OD-> Pedalworx Neo Drive->Preamp->Mittelschmertz Audio Dual Analogue Phaser/Analogue Delay-> T-Rex Tape Tone-> Poweramp

(if the picture doesn't work, just reload the page )
'89 MIJ Fender Strat
Rivera S-120
'60s PEPCO Model 211 5w head
'60s Paul (Pepco) 1x12 tube amp
'60s Harmony H303a 1x10 tube amp
I gotta say, a lot of you guys seem to pay no attention at all to how easy it will be to operate them. Some of those boards would be a nightmare to use on stage. There's more to it than just making the pedals fit, you have to be able to get at everything easily with your foot.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by Cathbard
I gotta say, a lot of you guys seem to pay no attention at all to how easy it will be to operate them. Some of those boards would be a nightmare to use on stage. There's more to it than just making the pedals fit, you have to be able to get at everything easily with your foot.

I noticed that when I tried to run 2 rows of pedals on my board. It was too difficult to hit the rear ones quickly without messing up the knobs on the front ones. I made the rear level a bit higher and now everything works like a charm.
Kenneth
Quote by &baconstrips
I noticed that when I tried to run 2 rows of pedals on my board. It was too difficult to hit the rear ones quickly without messing up the knobs on the front ones. I made the rear level a bit higher and now everything works like a charm.

I've seen quite a few Premier-Guitar Rig Rundowns where people use tape on their knobs to keep them in place from any bumps. However, then you can't tweak or change settings without removing and replacing the tape.

MIDI's kind of the ultimate solution, but costs a bit more for that extra equipment and cables. It is a really good route for the serious gigger with a large amount of pedals. You can still tweak, too.
I'm Mitch, I like making guitar and bass gear reviews/comparisons on YouTube
YouTube

I play bass in an instrumental band called Beyond the Woods
Facebook
Twitter
Quote by Cathbard

Just because it looks difficult to you, doesn't mean it is for the person using it.
Mine is pretty rough onstage sometimes because my band goes from really clean, to death metal to ambient real fast and it's hard sometimes, but it's not that big a deal. the amp switch is what I miss every time anyway the third channel is an off switch cause I don't like to run high gain, and I forget to turn it off sometimes.
:
"Stop shooting me!!!GAHHHH!!!"
<(0_0<(>0_0)> FU
^(0_0)^^(0_0)^ Sion
(>0_0)><(0_0< HA!!!
<(*~*)>
I need more patch cables
[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']Better than my plan, look at those perfect little dick suckin' lips!
Kid's a natural I tell yah!Orange Rockerverb 50 MKII
Marshall JCM 900 SL-X
Gibson Les Paul Studio Faded
Fender Mexican Standard Telecaster
Hey I built a guitar
chip's board is gay, i don't know like any of those pedals except the boss.
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae
Quote by chip46
If the Mobius and Pitchfactor are gay, then I don't wanna be straight.

my metalzone would kick their ass.

seriously though, that board is redic. but all you PBT boys have stupid good boards.

-ae
Last edited by gumbilicious at Sep 6, 2013,
Quote by chip46
I'm sure the metalzone would kick their ass at distortion, but they aren't distortion pedals...

so

the metalzone has no peers, regardless of the nature and function of other pedals.

-ae
I got nothin'. 98% of the time I play at home or on stage, I use NO pedals. Straight into the amp & let my hands do the rest. Pedals cover up sloppy technique & mud up your tone in general. I look at some of these boards & wonder WTF is happening to the original guitar signal. Nice necro bump, but DANG. Your playing gets buried in layer upon layer of pedals, & eventually no one knows WTF you're doing. I WANT people to hear what i'm playing. Sorry, but pedals don't do it for me. Good playing does it.
There, I said it. Sorry to break up the tea party.
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
Riffhog for President

Quote by Cathbard
There's no point apologising for your feet smelling when there's a 300lb gorilla in the room taking a crap on the couch.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2011

they do it for me.

i have no problem playing with or without pedals. when i use pedals i can get this crazy stereo delay, ring mod UFO landings that i can't get from an amp alone and i like that sound so... pedals.

common riffhog, not even a wah pedal? a wah never hurt no one.

-ae
Last edited by gumbilicious at Sep 7, 2013,
Pedals can bury your playing, if maybe you had a crap ton on at any given time, but I generally don't have more than 2 or 3 on at any one time. Even then, I've got everything running through true bypass loopers, so if I want, nothing is in the signal chain save the reverb and tuner.

Sloppy players and big pedalsboards don't go hand in hand. I know plenty of shit players that use just a couple pedals, or none at all. Works both ways. There, I said it.