Page 2 of 4
Gravity Kills, if anyone is an industrial fan.
^^ Hahah, I'm just kidding.. or am I?

Don't click this.
Deutsch Amerikansche Freundschaft
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
Quote by red_hot_chili18
INME

YES, THIS MORE THAN ANYTHING. MY GOD, SO MUCH NOSTALGIA. I ****ING LOVE THAT BAND.
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

Quote by Shotgunmerc
It might also be your time to check out Evile and Warbringer if you haven't yet. Both excellent thrash metal bands.

Goddamn excellent thrash bands in this here thread. Here is another lesser known band/group.

The Rachel'sl

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=djaWMNqDiTE&list=PL658C93E7FF959106&index=149&feature=plpp_video
Quote by Fishyesque
Well, you might make her think otherwise.

You could just show her that you have a PS3 and BANG.

Heterosexual.

Quote by metal4all
A chainsaw can take a girl off her feet pretty nicely. Then there are less limbs to worry about while you rape her.
Quote by Shotgunmerc

I love TSF. They are great.

Sithu Aye
For the instrumental Djent crowd. Really good though. Not as one noted as some groups out there. Great solos.

Glass Cloud
Saw them live and though they were really good. CD is one of my favorites of the year so far.

Wanzwa
Bizarrely creative is the best way to describe this group. And instrumental too. I've never heard anything like them.
Ah, just remembered another cool band. They were popular at one time in the 90s but I don't think they have a big following now, just cult status. I give you The Tea Party "Temptation". Don't judge them by their name, they kick ass for the lord .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cFzQX2i6mwo

Ps, they aren't a christian band, I just threw a reference in this post .

One more from them

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Epo-m185jeo&feature=related
Quote by Fishyesque

Heterosexual.

Quote by metal4all
A chainsaw can take a girl off her feet pretty nicely. Then there are less limbs to worry about while you rape her.
Last edited by BlueAltitudes at Aug 13, 2012,
Quote by smartguyreviews

Here's the best version of Rolling in the Deep you'll hear http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nsqh9jHkHlM

Goddamn I love this recording. Never gets old.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
(Almost) every band on this YouTube channel.
...Stapling helium to penguins since 1949.
Quote by Joshua1207
lol? a lot of those are popular post-rock bands

And a lot of them aren't known by anybody who hasn't actively looked for post-rock music.
...Stapling helium to penguins since 1949.
Quote by BlueAltitudes
Goddamn excellent thrash bands in this here thread.

I'm a thrash guy so hopefully I didn't bias this from the start
People don't really go to heaven when they die. They're taken to a special place and burned - Sherlock Holmes

Your authority is not recognized in Fort Kickass!

It's not like bullshit, more like poetry.
Quote by )v(egaFan90

This has nothing to do with anything, but I just read your name as vaginafan. I though I would just let you know that.
Quote by )v(egaFan90

Nah, you showed me some good thrash today so I'm a happy camper. I'm just picking and choosing bands that I think are underrated and out of the blue. I love metal though man, I started as a rock and metal guy .
Quote by Fishyesque

Heterosexual.

Quote by metal4all
Quote by Jako215
This has nothing to do with anything, but I just read your name as vaginafan. I though I would just let you know that.

Well...that's odd, but can't say you're wrong.
People don't really go to heaven when they die. They're taken to a special place and burned - Sherlock Holmes

I'll go ahead and start throwing some metal in here now I spose.

Tyr-The Rune

They have been getting a lot more popular lately but I think they are still underrated and need more exposure. They are touring with Moonsorrow and Korpiklaani here in the USA soon (or maybe they already started?).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b-galKBUGEs

If you decided to check them out, you NEED to listen to Ragnarok! It is their best album and one of the best damn metal albums PERIOD.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WhomwDsGcDA
Quote by Fishyesque

Heterosexual.

Quote by metal4all
Last edited by BlueAltitudes at Aug 14, 2012,
Quote by BlueAltitudes
I'll go ahead and start throwing some metal in here now I spose.

Tyr-The Rune

They have been getting a lot more popular lately but I think they are still underrated and need more exposure. They are touring with Moonsorrow and Korpiklaani here in the USA soon (or maybe they already started?).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b-galKBUGEs

If you decided to check them out, you NEED to listen to Ragnarok! It is their best album and one of the best damn metal albums PERIOD.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WhomwDsGcDA

Been listening to the Ragnarok album. I love these guys already! Thanks for sharing dude

Quote by )v(egaFan90
Been listening to the Ragnarok album. I love these guys already! Thanks for sharing dude

Then you need to see this haha. The tour dates that I was talking about earlier.

We're joining our friends Korpiklaani and Moonsorrow for a North American tour in Aug/Sep.

We hope to see you there!

Tour dates:

Aug 28 Quebec City, QC @ Imperial Theatre
Aug 29 Montreal, QC @ Club Soda
Aug 30 Toronto, ON @ Opera House
Aug 31 Cleveland, OH @ Peabody's
Sep 1 Joliet, IL @ Mojoe's
Sep 2 St Paul, MN @ Station-4
Sep 3 Lawrence, KS @ Granada Theater
Sep 4 Denver, CO @ Marquis Theater
Sep 5 Billings, MT @ Manny's
Sep 6 Salt Lake City, UT @ TBA
Sep 8 Seattle, WA @ Studio Seven
Sep 9 Vancouver, BC @ Rickshaw Theater
Sep 10 Portland, OR @ Hawthorne Theater
Sep 11 San Francisco, CA @ DNA Lounge
Sep 12 Hollywood, CA @ The Whisky
Sep 13 Santa Ana, CA @ The Observatory
Sep 14 Ramona, CA @ Ramona Mainstage
Sep 15 Tempe, AZ @ Rocky Point
Sep 18 Detroit, MI @ Harpo's
Sep 19 Buffalo, NY @ Club Infinity
Sep 20 Reading, PA @ Reverb
Sep 21 Springfield, VA @ Empire
Sep 22 New York, NY @ Gramercy Theater
Sep 23 Worcester, MA @ Palladium
Quote by Fishyesque

Heterosexual.

Quote by metal4all
Quote by BlueAltitudes

Sep 21 Springfield, VA @ Empire

God damnit..............the closest venue is 5 hrs from where i live and it's on a Tuesday

Damn you North Carolina, damn you to hell!

Quote by )v(egaFan90
God damnit..............the closest venue is 5 hrs from where i live and it's on a Tuesday

I feel you man, the closest venue to me this time is in Tempe, Arizona and that is about 6 hours from where I am located . I'm still going to find a way to get there somehow since there is bound to be hot arizona girls to .

Buffalo, NY is too far?
Quote by Fishyesque

Heterosexual.

Quote by metal4all
Last edited by BlueAltitudes at Aug 14, 2012,
Quote by Shotgunmerc
I'm a huge Evile fan. Warbringer's solos get to be repetitive after a while but the vocals more than make up for it imo

Instrumentally SkeletonWitch is solid but I don't like this type of vocal style

I get what your saying, but I love the vocals. I can't tell what it is that makes the difference, because a lot of (if not most bands) that have that growling type of front man suck. But there's always a few that sound good, if not great with them. SkeletonWitch is one of them for me.
... For A Pair Of Brown Eyes

Quote by Bladez22
smoke, you get more awesome by the minute..... You have an epic beard, live near woods, listen to metal, grill stuff using makeshift bbqs out of old cans, and now we find out you have stabbed someone in the dick
coalter of the deepers

if you like shoegazing, or post rock, you would like them. theyre from japan i think.

il post a link in a minute
How do I know the best bands I've never heard of if I haven't even heard of them?

I am not nearly hipster enough.
Quote by Jako215
I love TSF. They are great.

Sithu Aye
For the instrumental Djent crowd. Really good though. Not as one noted as some groups out there. Great solos.

Glass Cloud
Saw them live and though they were really good. CD is one of my favorites of the year so far.

Wanzwa
Bizarrely creative is the best way to describe this group. And instrumental too. I've never heard anything like them.

Glass Cloud RULEEEEEE!!!
H.E.A.T. and Theocracy. Search them on YouTube and you won't be disappointed.
Quote by )v(egaFan90

I've been to Empire a few times when I lived down in that area, it's a shitty venue. They get all kinds of great talent (it's where I first saw Evile and Warbringer for example) but the mixing is horrible.

Quote by BottleOfSmoke
I get what your saying, but I love the vocals. I can't tell what it is that makes the difference, because a lot of (if not most bands) that have that growling type of front man suck. But there's always a few that sound good, if not great with them. SkeletonWitch is one of them for me.

I can respect that. I can see how they would be appealing but they just don't appeal to me if that makes sense
xasthur. atmospheric black metal. ill have a link later if anyones interested.
Quote by Stranglehold
That's it, you're all banned.

Quote by stevebomb
If I wanted to listen to something slow, I'd play some hippie music.
Quote by BlueAltitudes

tyr, Ragnarok

tyr, ragnarok: are they the band with an album called "murder", with a black metal dude pointing a gun? if so, theyre awesome, and i heard shagrath actually played with them for a while....not like shagraths anything important, but just a fun fact
Quote by Stranglehold
That's it, you're all banned.

Quote by stevebomb
If I wanted to listen to something slow, I'd play some hippie music.
Quote by Shotgunmerc
I've been to Empire a few times when I lived down in that area, it's a shitty venue. They get all kinds of great talent (it's where I first saw Evile and Warbringer for example) but the mixing is horrible.

I can respect that. I can see how they would be appealing but they just don't appeal to me if that makes sense

for us being able to have a conversation about metal vox without it becoming unpleasant.
... For A Pair Of Brown Eyes

Quote by Bladez22
smoke, you get more awesome by the minute..... You have an epic beard, live near woods, listen to metal, grill stuff using makeshift bbqs out of old cans, and now we find out you have stabbed someone in the dick
Don't know how obscure these guys are but they do come from a different country (barely) and I probably listened to their latest CD about 20 times or more on a road trip I just got back from. Metric:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gVnQ5wsIaaA

That's the first song on the CD, but you really gotta listen to them all, in order like the CD to fully appreciate it.

Maybe they're not so obscure after their Black Sheep song was on the Scott Pilgrim soundtrack and their CD was for sale at Target.
Quote by BlueAltitudes
I feel you man, the closest venue to me this time is in Tempe, Arizona and that is about 6 hours from where I am located . I'm still going to find a way to get there somehow since there is bound to be hot arizona girls to .

Buffalo, NY is too far?

Lol, I'm in NC. Buffalo is a 12 hr drive. No thank you