Page 2 of 17
Quote by DimebagLivesOn
Neat!
Now I can finally change my avatar to boobs.
You are now using UG Black.
You are now using UG Classic.

Listening to: This jazz piano music playing over the PA like wow for once it's good stuff they're playing

What if blue cheese is just regular cheese but it's accelerating towards you really fast?
Not really a big deal but figured you guys might as well know. With the avatars showing in the news section, if they aren't standard size (like mine) they look odd.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by Xiaoxi

Yah. +1

Honestly, this site needs a rewrite. And fuck this forum software, just write your own. That way the whole site can be integrated completely.
We really need a reputation system. There are so many people in the Instrument Forum that either troll or give stupid advice that distracts from the people who really try to help.
Quote by barden1069
A "tubescreamer" is a person paid by a guitarist to stand behind the amp and scream at the tubes. This terrifies the tubes into overdriving and delivers a thick, harmonic-rich tone.
Quote by RealGuitarHero
We really need a reputation system. There are so many people in the Instrument Forum that either troll or give stupid advice that distracts from the people who really try to help.

I don't know, there's a lot of information that's popular but not necessarily accurate e.g. bolt ons having less sustain.

Then there's the fact that new people will not be listened to because they have no reputation, despite the fact that their advice could be accurate and helpful.
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
Quote by Lemoninfluence
I don't know, there's a lot of information that's popular but not necessarily accurate e.g. bolt ons having less sustain.

Then there's the fact that new people will not be listened to because they have no reputation, despite the fact that their advice could be accurate and helpful.

Let me reiterate what I mean.

TS comes in asking for serious advice about his Spider and adding a pedal.
People try to explain that modeling amps don't take well to amp.
TS decides he wants a new amp.
People try to help.
Everyone else talks crap about the spider.
Thread gets closed and TS still has no answer.

Thats a real example too, of a thread the other day where the last post was "eat da poo poo" by a member who often gives advice that is very opinionated and wrong. Here is another example of why we need a reputation system.

TS wants a pedal that does the detune effect of a whammy, but not a whammy pedal.
Same person who posted "eat da poo poo" Tells him to get a whammy when everyone else says a chorus pedal. That one member post twice as much as everyone else suggesting chorus pedal.This kind of thing can confuse newer people. This thread was never resolved either.

If we did reputation That could be positive on negative and positive answers, sort of like comments, that would help. people with zero reputation would start out neutral and as they gave good advice they would gain reputation. It would also help people ignore those who gave bad advice, by seeing their reputation is negative.
Quote by barden1069
A "tubescreamer" is a person paid by a guitarist to stand behind the amp and scream at the tubes. This terrifies the tubes into overdriving and delivers a thick, harmonic-rich tone.
Last edited by RealGuitarHero at Aug 16, 2012,
Quote by Colohue
Alternatively, people with brains can recognise those without them.

But there are so many people who don't speak english as their first language who come on this site. People who don't understand sarcasm. The list goes on.
Quote by barden1069
Quote by Colohue
Alternatively, people with brains can recognise those without them.

I think the problem lies in noobs not recognizing that they are being given bad advice.
RIP Gooze

cats
Quote by RealGuitarHero

No, never do this or the site's community turns out like Reddit's.
Quote by lolmnt
We're better than Mexico cuz we rule USA USA USA
This guy has brought to attention the fact that adbots are spamming the Tab Request list now. Perhaps some cleaners are needed to cleanse the list?

What's worse is that they're all bass tabs, 1/2 step down!
Quote by blake1221
1/2 step down is where it's at. They're learning.

bass farts
Quote by blake1221
You want to hear bass farts?

Drop G# tuning.

Eugh, brown notes.
We don't need good bassists. People can't hear how terriblehe is over the stench of shit.
Quote by DimebagLivesOn
No, never do this or the site's community turns out like Reddit's.

While I enjoy reddit and it's endless ability to entertain my whimsical needs. We really don't want anything like their "karma" system.

You will only end up with posts that appeal to the masses such as puns and endless Spider III bashing.

|_|0|_|
|_|_|0|
|0|0|0|
▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄
I noticed that the "guitar tabs" link on the upper left now actually leads to tabs instead of to the front page.

I find that oddly amusing.
Quote by CoreysMonster
I noticed that the "guitar tabs" link on the upper left now actually leads to tabs instead of to the front page.

I find that oddly amusing.

Yeah, that took me a little getting used to
reputation points sound like a good idea, but i propose there be two different types of reputation:

rep in the pit

rep everywhere else

that way people are both encouraged to give a thorough and full answer, and visit other forums too so it doesn't look like you spend all your time here, and you could display amount of rep under your avatar for both categories so people are encouraged to actually be useful, if that changed people too much and makes people reddit *****s, just make a rep for forums out of the pit?
Click here to hear my BOB DYLAN (Blowing in the Wind) out right now May 2k17
A Muse fan posts in the Muse thread, gets lots of reputation due to only Muse fans posting in the Muse thread, when he clearly is also a fan of Muse.

He maxes out on rep, then goes into the Musician Talk forum and says 'modes are easy, just move the box'.

Somebody believes this to be correct due to his massive reputation.

Reputation is a very bad idea, however it is done. Also a very bad idea, post count applying for The Pit.
Quote by LostLegion
But I want to know how many posts I have in The Pit

Trust me. It's better not to know.

Carmel tried to check how many posts I have in the pit, once, and the search almost crashed the server. Like the time an admin changed Kensai's username and it crashed the server because of all the goddamn posts we both have.
Quote by Colohue
A Muse fan posts in the Muse thread, gets lots of reputation due to only Muse fans posting in the Muse thread, when he clearly is also a fan of Muse.

He maxes out on rep, then goes into the Musician Talk forum and says 'modes are easy, just move the box'.

Somebody believes this to be correct due to his massive reputation.

Reputation is a very bad idea, however it is done. Also a very bad idea, post count applying for The Pit.

then have reps for individual posts only or something, and have reps only appear in your profile
Quote by laid-to-waste
then have reps for individual posts only or something, and have reps only appear in your profile

and then what's the point of a rep system?
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
Quote by laid-to-waste
Sorry, but that sounds incredibly unnecessary.
SUPER BOWL XLVIII
D E N V E R B R O N C O S vs. S E A T T L E S E A H A W K S
you orange guys and your pessimism

it's worth trying out for a while, it can either have a positive or a negative effect (studentroom/sevenstring and reddit respectively), why not experiment and see which? you might end up getting more traffic
wat what was Kensai's name before?
Quote by DonGlover

You look like a young Eugene Levy, but with a moustache.

Quote by slapsymcdougal
Quote by Dreadnought
Kicking a man when he's down, I'm proud of you

When they're down is the safest time.

Soundcloud
Sharks Stanley Cup 15-16
Sharks Stanley Cup 16-17,,,,?
Quote by skylerjames13
wat what was Kensai's name before?

Kelly05, he was the original scat spammer before he decided to change his name.
But boys will be boys and girls have those eyes
that'll cut you to ribbons, sometimes
and all you can do is just wait by the moon
and bleed if it's what she says you ought to do
Quote by LostLegion
But I want to know how many posts I have in The Pit

I really really don't want to know that.
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
i have a suggestion. when i go and scroll down to write a comment on articles it takes days to load and get there, maybe have the comment thingy on the top?
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
i have a suggestion. when i go and scroll down to write a comment on articles it takes days to load and get there, maybe have the comment thingy on the top?

Or perhaps make the comments section collapsable.

Firefox is telling me the word is "collapsible" but that makes no sense.
Quote by Hydra150
Kelly05, he was the original scat spammer before he decided to change his name.

Dunno if srs.

People always call him Kjell so I'm assuming it's something like that?
Quote by DonGlover

You look like a young Eugene Levy, but with a moustache.

Quote by slapsymcdougal
Quote by Dreadnought
Kicking a man when he's down, I'm proud of you

When they're down is the safest time.

Soundcloud
Sharks Stanley Cup 15-16
Sharks Stanley Cup 16-17,,,,?
Guys,

As you may have noticed, the news articles' look has received some major improvements:

- pictures are available now for preview
- new rating box with likes percentage
- new fonts
- new "hot discussion" indicator

Please let us know what you think of these. Got any suggestions? Leave them here

Also, if you have some good ideas on how to improve our Reviews section, they're all welcome in this thread.
No luck catching dem swans?
Hi,

We've made another improvements in the comments section on the site:
  • made new smiles
  • added the posibility to insert videos from YouTube (just post a link and it will be transformed to video).

Check it out here.

Cool - how long till you we can embed YT vids on forum posts?
But boys will be boys and girls have those eyes
that'll cut you to ribbons, sometimes
and all you can do is just wait by the moon
and bleed if it's what she says you ought to do
Last edited by Hydra150 at Sep 26, 2012,