Page 2 of 4
Quote by KiLLSWiTCH-KnoT
Well as a species, we have this idea that we're completely seperate and detatched from the rest of the universe, when in actuality, we're connected to it at the most indivisible scale. Maybe the idea that there are galaxies within our cells isn't that stupid. I mean, obviously, that is pretty stupid, but to me those pictures more than anything else are proof of how connected we are to the rest of the universe. The only part of us that doesn't physically exist is our mind, yet we still seperate ourselves from the rest reality, yet most of us don't even believe in anything other than this 3D illusory existence. THIS BODY, THIS BODY HOLDING ME, BE MY REMINDER HERE THAT I AM NOT ALOOOAOOOONEEE.

I don't necessarily believe that we're separate and detached.
The universe is so big, I really can't even fathom all of the things
we don't know of and haven't explored yet.

I mean, yeah.

Quote by Ichikurosaki
i mean, scope of size, we cant see shit that is so small, like really small, microbes in comparison to microbes yknow, theres not reason to believe there's not thousands of civilisations so small you dont even realise, just in the room you're in right now, or living on you

its just as viable that the universe and beyond isn't even as much as a grain of salt in something far bigger

but more to the point, who gives a ****?

That's what I'm SAYIN'. Mkaaaay.
Quote by Obsceneairwaves
**** that best part of life is ****ing with people making them think you're the strangest person in the world.

I got three people angry with one post, I'm an exaggerated version of myself when I'm on here, usually my wordposts only annoy one person and his feels.
Quote by slipknot5678
If I found out that was true I'd live my life like normal. We're already minuscule compared to the known universe.

Although it would be odd, the world being a cell in somebody's body. Then I'd be unmotivated, because it would seem like our world is disposable and obsolete.

It would be weird to actually KNOW that it's true. But at the same time, that's just it. We've lived our whole lives like this, so nothing's changed. And while cells are "disposable" so to speak, as a whole they make up an entire whateveritis. We've got some importance, at least. XD

Quote by Harvey Swick

I AIN'T EVEN HIGH.
Quote by battteryacid
I don't necessarily believe that we're separate and detached.
The universe is so big, I really can't even fathom all of the things
we don't know of and haven't explored yet.

I mean, yeah.

That's what I'm SAYIN'. Mkaaaay.

Right well let's get all sciencey up in this bitch: The Earth (gaia) is just as much as a living organism as we are, as I'm sure you'd agree, our bodies are made up of a network of even smaller organisms, the solar system is an organism (in a much broader sense) all the way up to galaxy clusters and then the entire universe, being one big organism, the 'rules' of its existence changing on each point of the scale. The universe is just as much as a living thing as we are, to say it isn't would be to say that we aren't either cos we're made of the same thing. But at the 'beggining' of 'time' 'god' 'breathed' 'life' 'into' 'Adam' and then conciousness existed. I'm too tired to make sense. It's 8am and I haven't even slept yet.
yeah we are stardust, but we have evolved from that. thats like saying sand is rocks or seashells. it is but it isnt.
those pictures are just coinykidinks. no correlation. is the universe a cell of a bigger universe? in the sense of what we know as a cell, no. but are we a part of a bigger universe, yes. 3rd dimension is much smaller than the other 8 we are smaller than
Quote by KiLLSWiTCH-KnoT
Right well let's get all sciencey up in this bitch: The Earth (gaia) is just as much as a living organism as we are, as I'm sure you'd agree, our bodies are made up of a network of even smaller organisms, the solar system is an organism (in a much broader sense) all the way up to galaxy clusters and then the entire universe, being one big organism, the 'rules' of its existence changing on each point of the scale. The universe is just as much as a living thing as we are, to say it isn't would be to say that we aren't either cos we're made of the same thing. But at the 'beggining' of 'time' 'god' 'breathed' 'life' 'into' 'Adam' and then conciousness existed. I'm too tired to make sense. It's 8am and I haven't even slept yet.

I get what you're saying, and I agree. I was about to say before I read your post that if you're looking at a model of our solar system, doesn't it resemble an atom?

The Sun would be the nucleus. Orbiting the nucleus are the electrons,
which would be our planets. Someone made a point to me about ionized atoms.
(ionized atom - (chemistry): An atom with an excess or deficiency of electrons, so
that it has a net charge.) In a compound, electrons move from one atom to another.
And our moon is moving away from Earth every year, so...
Quote by battteryacid
I get what you're saying, and I agree. I was about to say before I read your post that if you're looking at a model of our solar system, doesn't it resemble an atom?

The Sun would be the nucleus. Orbiting the nucleus are the electrons,
which would be our planets. Someone made a point to me about ionized atoms.
(ionized atom - (chemistry): An atom with an excess or deficiency of electrons, so
that it has a net charge.) In a compound, electrons move from one atom to another.
And our moon is moving away from Earth every year, so...

watisthisidonteven...
^^The above is a Cryptic Metaphor^^

"To know the truth of history is to realize its ultimate myth and its inevitable ambiguity." Everything is made up and the facts don't matter.

MUSIC THEORY LINK
Quote by noppew
noway theres three elethants on the big turtle... )))

but whats the turtle standing on?
If you do something right, no one will know you've done anything at all

Proud to be called Best Friends with Pastafarian96
I like the idea that the earth is a living body and we're individual cells, although it may not be correct. It would implicate that we should work together, just like the tissues and organs in the body.
It's really quite interesting, that in certain places in the universe (like earth), that consciousness and self-awareness can arise from regular atoms, under special circumstances. It is such a fantastic thing to happen. I think it says something about the laws of nature, in that physics is 'alive'.
I'm a bit of a New-ager, I won't lie about that. I find spiritual solace in life's origins.
Quote by KiLLSWiTCH-KnoT
I like this thread.

Science, bitches.
BEWARE THE BANANA ARMY.

I SAY, I SAY, BEWARE THE BANANA ARMY.

They say when they finally attack, all the impostors will peel themselves. In order to tell if you have been assimilated, check for a zipper somewhere near your pelvis.

Quote by Harvey Swick
but whats the turtle standing on?

It's over simplified, So what!

Quote by eGraham
I'm going to be on top of what is called a knob
Quote by theguitarist
Big ones can be fun in some ways but generally, they are a pain in the ass.
Quote by Wolfinator-x
I don't know what is going on in this thread or why I have an erection.
Quote by Obsceneairwaves

Seriously though, this one time when I took a huge hit of 40x salvia (before I even drunk/did any other kind of drug) part of the trip was that all the houses on my street were roofless, and on the backs of these elephants, who were walking in a line, holding the tail of the elephant infront of it with its snout...

Yes, we are stardust. Scientifically proven. End of.

Next time you’re out gazing at stars twinkling in the night sky, spare a thought for the tumultuous reactions they play host to. It’s easy to forget that stars owe their light to the energy released by nuclear fusion reactions at their cores. These are the very same reactions which created chemical elements like carbon or iron - the building blocks which make up the world around us.

After the Big Bang, tiny particles bound together to form hydrogen and helium. As time went on, young stars formed when clouds of gas and dust gathered under the effect of gravity, heating up as they became denser. At the stars’ cores, bathed in temperatures of over 10 million degrees C, hydrogen and then helium nuclei fused to form heavier elements. A reaction known as nucleosynthesis.

This reaction continues in stars today as lighter elements are converted into heavier ones. Relatively young stars like our Sun convert hydrogen to produce helium, just like the first stars of our universe. Once they run out of hydrogen, they begin to transform helium into beryllium and carbon. As these heavier nuclei are produced, they too are burnt inside stars to synthesise heavier and heavier elements. Different sized stars play host to different fusion reactions, eventually forming everything from oxygen to iron.

During a supernova, when a massive star explodes at the end of its life, the resulting high energy environment enables the creation of some of the heaviest elements including iron and nickel. The explosion also disperses the different elements across the universe, scattering the stardust which now makes up planets including Earth.

http://www.physics.org/article-questions.asp?id=52
Friends, applaud the comedy is over.

I'd dance with you but...

Quote by KiLLSWiTCH-KnoT
Seriously though, this one time when I took a huge hit of 40x salvia (before I even drunk/did any other kind of drug) part of the trip was that all the houses on my street were roofless, and on the backs of these elephants, who were walking in a line, holding the tail of the elephant infront of it with its snout...

i took salvia once, and i fell into the wall. i became liquid and pulled myself out of the wall, then fell onto the bed, then morphed into the bed, then i looked up and saw an infinite number of cows laying on green beds, then i jumped up and sat in this chair and put on the dark side of the moon and pretended i was flying an airplane.
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
i took salvia once, and i fell into the wall. i became liquid and pulled myself out of the wall, then fell onto the bed, then morphed into the bed, then i looked up and saw an infinite number of cows laying on green beds, then i jumped up and sat in this chair and put on the dark side of the moon and pretended i was flying an airplane.

but who was phone?

Quote by jrcsgtpeppers

Seriously, how do people have the courage to take this stuff because that sounds nothing but scary as shit.
Quote by Jyrgen
Seriously, how do people have the courage to take this stuff because that sounds nothing but scary as shit.

the only evil you find is the evil you bring with you.

Quote by crazysam23_Atax
Maybe the design was just good, so it got used in many different things. Whether you believe in a Creator (not necessarily standard "Creationism" but any creator, from aliens to some nebulous being) or whether you embrace evolution completely, there's no denying the fact that we basically see the same design in every mammal's eye. We also see similarities in design in the pictures above, right? So, maybe it was just a good model and therefore kept being used, huh?

This.
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers

This thread just got magical. That is the greatest thing I've ever heard, right next to this:
"I REALLY peed my pants when I read about the ***** on a magic piano. IT'S JUST SO RANDOM! We were talking about Nebuchadnezzar and his flaming sword and raging glory... and then BAM! There's a prostitute floating on a magic piano."
Quote by Harvey Swick
the only evil you find is the evil you bring with you.

Sounds like an Asian proverb Prolly true tho.
No. I'm a special and unique snow flake
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
Quote by TheTee56
Science, bitches.

I have seen so little science in this thread it's pathetic.
Quote by willT08
I have seen so little science in this thread it's pathetic.

Perhaps this will make up for that.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
Quote by rockingamer2
watisthisidonteven...

The actual shape of atoms is

Atoms in a molecule are linear combinations of said orbitals
ಠ_ಠ
<|>
/ω\

Tell me what nation on this earth, was not born of tragedy-Primordial
Everyone shut the **** up. Im the god damn batman.
Guitars:
Ibanez UV777P
Ibanez RGD2127FX
Ibanez RG3120TW
Ibanez RGD7321
Ibanez RG6003FM
Ibanez SA160
Jackson Slatxmg3-7
Amps:
Baron Custom Amps K88
Rivera Knucklehead TRE
Fryette Sig: X
Randall RM4 /w Modded modules
Cabs:
Mesa 4x12
Bogner 4x12
Peavey 4x12(K85s)
I guess I'll be the one to point it out. All of those images (except the eye) are color-corrected and some of them are shot in different spectrums than visible. They do not look that way to the naked eye. Still cool though.
but my eyes are brown

Stars are made of gas (hydrogen for example) and we are made of a variety of other elements (carbon, hydrogen, oxygen, nitrogen).
So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world.
~Jack Layton 1950-2011
I remember my first time getting high.
To be vulnerable is needed most of all, if you intend to truly fall apart.

Quote by due 07
You have no idea how much I don't want to tell stories about my mother's vaginal slime on the internet.

I make music sometimes.
Quote by Iced Earth9
Stars are made of gas (hydrogen for example) and we are made of a variety of other elements (carbon, hydrogen, oxygen, nitrogen).

Dude...quit missing the point...

Seriously. Did you read the OP? The title really didn't fit.
Quote by battteryacid

Not a brain cell, a false colour image of mitosis and clearly a photoshopped eye. Also, all of the images of galaxies/stars/nebulae are false colour too.

Next.

Quote by Iced Earth9

Stars generate heavier elements in their cores which are then jettisoned into space upon their death.
...Stapling helium to penguins since 1949.
Last edited by Todd Hart at Aug 14, 2012,