Page 4 of 5
Quote by GoldfishMoon
Any tips on beating personal plateaus? I can run 4km in 16 minutes (for the Americans here, that's 6.44 minutes a mile), but i've been stuck at that speed for nearly 2 years
I did a half-marathon in 1 hours 48 minutes but I haven't found the motivation to trun that far since my first go at it.
I'm sort of 'stuck' in my running, and I don't know how to keep progressing.

Try some interval training or a guy I know swears by murdering yourself with jump squats and jump lunges in improving his time.
Sorry guys, I went away for the weekend. I'll add all new names to the OP soon. Hope everyone's staying motivated in this shit weather!
I'll run tonight when I get off work...

Losing motivation.
“Science cannot solve the ultimate mystery of nature. And that is because, in the last analysis, we ourselves are part of nature and therefore part of the mystery that we are trying to solve.”

-Max Planck

☮∞☯♥
Quote by GoldfishMoon
Any tips on beating personal plateaus? I can run 4km in 16 minutes (for the Americans here, that's 6.44 minutes a mile), but i've been stuck at that speed for nearly 2 years
I did a half-marathon in 1 hours 48 minutes but I haven't found the motivation to trun that far since my first go at it.
I'm sort of 'stuck' in my running, and I don't know how to keep progressing.

Do you usually only run 4k? Try upping your distance to 6 or 8Ks best effort for a while, then when you drop back down to 4k you should have some extra steam.
...Bleep Bloop...
Yay, made it to the end of week 1! Go, newfound sense of commitment.

Those words will probably come back to haunt me within a fortnight
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
Update! I injured my knee last night. Its not awful; in fact, Im sure I can still run on it. These next few days are just going to be a lot harder and more painful.

Other than that runs have been going smoothly still. My biggest problem has been these crazy hills and inclines on the path I run. Holy shit, what a difference ! Ive lived on completely flat terrain all my life before this so im really not used to running on an incline. Much harder.
YELLOWFRIZBEE s FreezerBurn

Stepco's Master
|Colowomble 2016|PSN=yellowfrizbee| + UG Community Radio|
Awesome!

I restarted week 2 yesterday, every run I forget to change direction and end up having to run up a massive hill at the end. It didn't feel good...
Having to postpone tonight's run until tomorrow. Off to the footie tonight, and sort of short of time.
Quote by Diemon Dave
ran 4km in 16 mins and 30 seconds this morning, pretty proud of myself
Click here to hear my BOB DYLAN (Blowing in the Wind) out right now May 2k17
Quote by laid-to-waste
ran 4km in 16 mins and 30 seconds this morning, pretty proud of myself
That's a really good time.
Quote by psyks
That's a really good time.

thanks bro

i'm training for a 10k marathon next year, hopefully by then i'll be able to run 10k in under 45 mins
2km on rower in ~8:30. Getting better considering that was 10 minutes last week. Had to miss a couple of days here and there due to illness/erratic sleep/fatigue (probably all related to each other) but I'm getting it together. Ideally I'd like to get that at 2 mins/500m and push that to 10km, but that's the end target for me, which is a while off.

also upper body muscle must have increased a bit, not sure quite how much but my fat % has dipped a little and my weight is about the same as last week. only dropped like ~1% but it's a start.
O.K.

“There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want.”
~ Bill Watterson

O__o
do you guys all do it on rowers/treadmills? aren't they noisy for neighbors etc? i made a route on google maps leading back to my house and just ran that
Quote by laid-to-waste
do you guys all do it on rowers/treadmills? aren't they noisy for neighbors etc? i made a route on google maps leading back to my house and just ran that

my rower isn't that much louder than the tv. even when I got at it hard and the seat/etc clunks from being smacked about. I used to have an exercise bike that wasn't that quite as well. dunno about treadmills though. I think I'm the only one using a machine for all this though.
O.K.

“There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want.”
~ Bill Watterson

O__o
Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
Awesome!

I restarted week 2 yesterday, every run I forget to change direction and end up having to run up a massive hill at the end. It didn't feel good...

Quote by Minkaro
Week 2 Day 2 done. Probably the hardest yet, but that's only because I completely forgot where I was and left myself a hill right at the end. Think I'll make it to Week 3 without having to repeat this one though.

Looks like a lot of us are having trouble with hills

These last couple days of workouts, as expected, were very hard and painful. Specially today! Had to take breaks a lot, admittedly. Havent skipped anydays for anything though. I think this is going onto day 6 for me, so first week almost complete.

Finished todays workout off with a shot of raw eggs. Just cause.

Looks appetizing doesnt it ?

Stepco's Master
Why not just cook them first?

>.>
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Quote by element4433
Why not just cook them first?

>.>

Well it happened because my roommates boyfriend was trying to show off. He thought he was a bad ass. So my roommate and I happily shut him up and showed him otherwise.

Eating raw eggs really isnt any more beneficial over cooking it. And its not impressive either. It IS kinda gross though. I wouldnt recommend it

Stepco's Master
I'm not gunna.

Where are you running that's so hilly?
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Quote by element4433
I'm not gunna.

Where are you running that's so hilly?

Around Tallahassee.

Are you in Tallahassee yet? You mentioned you were transferring to FSU a while back.

Stepco's Master
Oh yeah. Tallahassee is mad hilly.

I don't think I ever said that cuz that was never my plan. I have family in that general area though.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

Quote by element4433
Oh yeah. Tallahassee is mad hilly.

I don't think I ever said that cuz that was never my plan. I have family in that general area though.

Yeah, which is lame. Because the rest of Florida is flat as hell. Im not used to this

Oh no, youre right. I think it was UCF, come to think of it. Your avatar might have thrown me off. Or I just have a shit memory. My apologies for throwing us off topic, regardless. So how bout that runnin'?

Stepco's Master
Just about to prepare for w2r3. Thought I'd share that since starting this, I've gone from 10 stone 3 to 9 stone 9, so I've lost about 7-8lbs

(That's 143 to 135lbs for you 'Mericans)
Last edited by Mistress_Ibanez at Aug 30, 2012,
Been busy at home and not managed wk2 r1. I ought to have time tomorrow, though.
Quote by Diemon Dave
W2r3 done! I remembered to go downhill this time. It made the whole run weird, put a completely new perspective on everywhere. I actually recommend reversing your route if you always go the same way...
Impressed people are going through with this, running being so boring and all

I did some at the gym, though. Next time when I have more time I'll try and do the program.

Quote by yellowfrizbee
Eating raw eggs really isnt any more beneficial over cooking it. And its not impressive either. It IS kinda gross though. I wouldnt recommend it

Beats drinking a glass of olive oil. Not something I'd recommend btw...
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
^ I have to walk every day with my dog anyway, breaking into a run every now and again actually makes it more interesting...
Won't your dog get all confused?
████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by Kensai
Won't your dog get all confused?

No, she loves it! She tries to make me run during the cooldown bits as well
I started a similar programa (start to run, dutch) today! This was the schedule:
1min run - 1 min walk - 2 min run - 2 min walk - 2 min run - 2 min walk - 3 min run - 3 min walk
I found it pretty easy, I didn't even finish the route I wanted to run so I ran and walked 2/3 minutes extra.
Rest of the week is pretty similar so I'm going to try and see if I can skip the first week and go to the second week.
~And the raindrops in the cars

Keep on falling from off the bars

Blocking out a good song

Playing on the radio~
Gonna try this thing. Usually when I feel like doing something I start obsessing over it pretty hard, so it might as well be something healthy.
^ Awesome! good luck. I've got a bit lax adding people's names lately so I'll go through the whole thread and add all the new joiners.

I did week 3 run 2 yesterday, it was horrible. I knew how badly I'd done by how much further away from my house than usual the podcast finished
WTB core muscles, jesus christ. Turns out I accidentally downloaded the thing for people who already did the 5k goal, so I ended up with this crazy thing with 5 minutes of warmup followed by half an hour of constant running.
I hate the music, so I just put on a watch and go by the timings off the website.
Also, my knees are quite sore.
Quote by Diemon Dave