Page 1 of 2
guitar-tin
447 IQ
Hi

This is a new project I'm starting.
This will be a semi-hollow tele, with flamed maple veneer on the top, maple neck, rosewood fretboard and some unknown wood I found for the body back.

I quited the es-335 build because I'm sure I don't have enough time until november to finish it and I won't be able to continue after it.

Last edited by guitar-tin at Aug 27, 2012,
BirdRiverCustom
245 IQ
Quote by guitar-tin
Hi

I quited the es-335 build because I'm sure I don't have enough time until november to finish it and I won't be able to continue after it.

I was looking forward to the 335, but understand the complexities and constraints of time. It can always live on the shelf for a while and come back to life in the future. I'm thinking about doing a semi hollow tele as my next build, so Ill be watching this build with interest.
Carl6661
UG Freak
2,096 IQ
I personally prefer regular - Reversed headstocks just look very 'out of place' to me most of the time, for lack of a better word.

EDIT -
The post below is exactly what I mean - They suit some guitars, but not all
I deeply regret the 6661 in my username. Siiiigh. Damn you, 14 year old me, you edgy little bastard.
Last edited by Carl6661 at Aug 28, 2012,
metalhead352
UG's bacon strips
535 IQ
For a Fender headstock I definitely say leave it. I only like reversed Jacksons. And even then I hate to tune it.
*insert witty statement here*
whoomit
1,492 IQ
I say regular headstock as well

Oh and, PFFT, PINE!
Don't Panic Ok?
Clive Dunn
279 IQ
I'm going against the grain and advising for a reversed headstock. I've always found them to be more aesthetically pleasing if it's a six-in-line design.

DON'T PANIC! DON'T PANIC!
THEY DON'T LIKE IT UP 'EM!
rjaylaf
I dunno :(
143 IQ
Orange.
This sig will self-destruct in 5 seconds.

Hot e-cousin of girlgerms007

I love Tracie.

Soundcloud
jbarnes.US
287 IQ
White with black pickguard. I also like the orange suggestion, with a white pickguard and white binding. Ohh, that would be sexy.
whoomit
1,492 IQ
Getting there! You're F-holes look nice by the way.

If you want them to look more 'delicate' you can carve around the edges on the inside.
von Layzonfon
UG's Grammar Stickler
1,214 IQ
Quote by guitar-tin
Well, although I see I don't get much of attention here, I continue updating:
I know what you mean. Maybe if you posted pictures of your lunch every now and then...

Seriously, after watching your strat build I've been lurking on this one. I mean, I don't exactly have ideal tools but what you build with just blows my mind. Keep up the good work.

If you build it, they will come.

alexctc
300 IQ
Those F-holes look sweet! Really looking forward to seeing how this one turns out.
BirdRiverCustom
245 IQ
Quote by guitar-tin
So, what do you say, shall I go with arched top like this one I made on a scrap wood or maybe I'll stay with the flat top?

Archtop!!!
whoomit
1,492 IQ
Yeah, go with the carve. It's a lot nicer than the one I just did
whoomit
1,492 IQ
That round-over makes it looks so much nearer completion.
alexctc
300 IQ
can't wait to see the finished product of this baby!
mtshark
is the bees knees
1,497 IQ
Oh damn, that is going to be beautiful.
I pride myself on my humility.