AKA: Pace yourself because bad jokes are the best jokes.

READ ME FIRST: in the beginning, I had a 1989 Kramer Striker, she was BEAUTIFUL. Sounded amazing, felt great in my hands, had curves in all the right places. It was too good to be true. Then one day, it happened. I had a locking cable and stepped on it while moving and it ripped out a large chunk of wood around the input jack, too large for a plate to be used even. So I figured "What do you do when a girl gets worn out? GO FOR THE YOUNGER SISTER!" and as soon as I had enough paychecks saved up, this was on its way.

Box! Because teasing is pleasing.

(I missed Floyds after playing nothing but a Les Paul, and Explorer, and a Tele for month or two)

(looks good from behind too, eh?)

Review: OHMY****INGGODTHISISAMAZING. I needed a Floyd to do my hair metal (and just generally Floyd-wankery). Maple body (fancy top!), Seymour Duncan JB/JN pickups, 2 volumes (wired backwards, top is for bridge, bottom is for neck, which I love because I use the bridge a lot more), master tone, coil tap for series AND parallel, and the classic Kramer treble bleed mod. The neck is amazing, I've been loving maple necks. The body isn't as funny shaped as the pictures may lead you to believe, the mini-toggle 3 way is my preference over the large Les Paul-style, orignal Floyd so it stays in tune GREAT and arrived set up near perfectly how I want it (low action, perfect intonation, but it had 10s in standard, I prefer 9s in Eb, but I can live until it needs restringing). What else can I say? Beautiful guitar. If anyone wants more info or pics, go ahead and ask!
Last edited by Wisthekiller at Aug 29, 2012,
Awesome! Nothing better than a good 'ol Pacer (except maybe a San Dimas )
Quote by strat0blaster
This is terrible advice. Even worse than the useless dry, sarcastic comment I made.

Quote by Cathbard
I'm too old for the Jim Morrison look now. When I was gigging I had a fine arse.
beautiful, classy guitar!

I'm rather jealous of you right now, I've been wanting one of those for a while now.

Looking forward to a full review!
Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things...
Inb4 Rock_Guitarist09

I'm really liking the finish on that!

HNGD!

Thanks, it's even sexier in person!

Awesome! Nothing better than a good 'ol Pacer (except maybe a Custom Shop Baretta )

FTFY

beautiful, classy guitar!

I'm rather jealous of you right now, I've been wanting one of those for a while now.

Looking forward to a full review!

I'm honestly not sure what else to say about its amazingness.
HNGD!

Steel Panther?
PRS SE Custom 24 w/ Seymour Duncan JB and Jazz Pickups
Squire Classic Vibe Stratocaster

Digitech Bad Monkey

Pignose 7100 Legendary Amplifyer
Happy NGD!!

Nicest NGD I have seen in quite a while on UG. Sweet 2 piece body, a beauty from the front and back.

IMO the volume pots are wired the correct way, it's always better to have the bridge vol on top. I can't stand guitars wired the other way around.
Last edited by Way Cool JR. at Aug 29, 2012,
Quote by Way Cool JR.
Happy NGD!!

Nicest NGD I have seen in quite a while on UG. Sweet 2 piece body, a beauty from the front and back.

IMO the volume pots are wired the correct way it's always better to have the bridge vol on top. I can't stand guitars wired the other way around.

Thanks, dude! I love it so much. I am in love with it.

Also, I checked the demo/teaser (it says it's unmixed and stuff) in your sig. It's bitchin'.
Last edited by Wisthekiller at Aug 29, 2012,
Quote by Wisthekiller
Also, I checked the demo in your sig. It's bitchin'.

Pun.

Digitech Bad Monkey

I've seen several Steel Panther posts here...and...in reading that, I was definitely getting the Panther vibe from your wording, which is suitable(are you the studio bassist they hire to do Lexxi's parts? ) and amusing! Gorgeous guitar man, bitchin' indeed. HNGD!

EDIT:How's the JN sound, by the way? I saw it on the spec sheets and I was like "What's a JN?".
Quote by SlayingDragons
Nah, I prefer to tune lower. My tunings usually go into weird Hebrew symbols.
ooo she pertyy :3

HNGD
Quote by kangaxxter
The only real answer to the SG vs Les Paul debate is to get a Flying V and laugh at all the suckers who don't have one.

Quote by Blompcube

if you embrace inaccurate intonation it can be quite arousing.

I <3 TWEED
are you the studio bassist they hire to do Lexxi's parts?
How's the JN sound, by the way? I saw it on the spec sheets and I was like "What's a JN?"

Someone has to, right?
It's like the neck equivalent of the JB. It sounds more midded than the JB and is obviously in a different position.

And I used to think the new models were shit.

Nope!

ooo she pertyy :3

HNGD

Thanks, dude!

HNGD! That s asexy Kramer! Where is it made?

Korea, and I ain't even ashamed of it. I've played American guitars that were much worse. It wouldn't surprise me if in about 10-15 years Korea is the new Japan, filled with master luthiers making awesome guitars.

That guitar is beautiful! HNGD!

Thanks!
Last edited by Wisthekiller at Aug 30, 2012,
What pickups are in it?

Digitech Bad Monkey

very nice
Quote by crownegamers
I saw in a couple of pictures that on Bucketheads Les Paul (only some pictures) that his neck pickup is painted in white. Can anyone explain to me why he would do this, and if there are any pros and cons.

Quote by dspellman
The guy wears a KFC Bucket and a white mask during performances, and you're interested in the color of his pickup covers?

I agree with you on Korea, there is a lot of really impressive stuff coming out of there. If you don't mind me asking, how much did that set you back? HNGD btw!
I'm just a kickin' and a gougin' in the mud and the blood and the beer.
Quote by Fisheth24
Inb4 Rock_Guitarist09

I'm really liking the finish on that!

HNGD!

You know me well

Very nice guitar, i'm thinking about getting a tigerstriped one at some point.
One of my fave NGD's of this week.

Gibson did a stellar job with the new Kramers.
Quote by Axelfox
Please understand how little we as a community care
What pickups are in it?

Read the OP. JB/JN.

very nice

Thanks, dude!

I agree with you on Korea, there is a lot of really impressive stuff coming out of there. If you don't mind me asking, how much did that set you back? HNGD btw!

Don't mind at all, it was 759.99. Bought it from The Music Zoo because they seem like an awesome company.

I heard negative things, but their isn't a single flaw on this. The closest thing is that the allen key holders on the back of the headstock are hard to tighten down with just fingers (but they do have the slot for a screwdriver).
Thanks for making me want yet another guitar! Damn you.

Love the finish on this one.
760 ain't too bad for a quality korean guitar. Nice grab for sure, I am pretty much set for strats but otherwise I might have to pick one up!
I'm just a kickin' and a gougin' in the mud and the blood and the beer.
Quote by dementiacaptain
760 ain't too bad for a quality korean guitar. Nice grab for sure, I am pretty much set for strats but otherwise I might have to pick one up!

With how much in love with it I am, I'd probably spend another $100 on it. I know I'm in the honeymoon period and all, but I wasn't even this excited about one since I upgraded from a starter Peavey to my Gibson Les Paul.
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE

Completely agree. Kramers were getting pretty boring. The new stuff they have been putting out looks great. I really want to try out a Kramer 84