Page 1 of 2
mayslash
Banned
1,351 IQ
ya ya "people keep buying them blah blah"

It amazes me how the guitarist community keep this company in business. So many awful tone sucking pedals. Literally every one of their pedals are overpriced and inferior to other brands. You can rest assured that if Boss has a pedal for $100, another company has a much better version for the same pricepoint.

TLDR- boss needs to go away. Support better companies.
Eppicurt
Don't even like pedals.
2,594 IQ
This is probably one of the most ignorant, moronic posts I've ever seen on here.
Quote by SimplyBen
That's the advantage of being such a distance from Yianni. I can continue to live my life without fear of stumbling upon his dark terror.

Quote by Toppscore
NakedInTheRain aka "Naked with shriveled pencil sized bacon In The Rain"
EpiExplorer
orsonfacenospace
5,558 IQ
Not quite true, expensive for pedals, probably, but for that you get rock solid durability, reliability, ease of use and one of the widest catalogues of pedals, well, ever. I dont mind the tone, especially for distortion pedals where an amps base distortion is just not good.
o()o

Quote by JamSessionFreak
yes every night of my entire life i go to bed crying because i wasnt born american
Carl6661
UG Freak
2,096 IQ
Quote by mayslash

You answered your own question.

Quote by mayslash
It amazes me how the guitarist community keep this company in business. So many awful tone sucking pedals. Literally every one of their pedals are overpriced and inferior to other brands. You can rest assured that if Boss has a pedal for $100, another company has a much better version for the same pricepoint.

Opinions. Some people like Boss, some don't. I've disliked pretty much every Gibson I've ever played, but there are people who love them. The solution to the ''Blahblahblah I don't like <insert company here>'' problem, is suprisingly simple, even for someone who seems as ignorant as yourself...

If you dislike a particular company, don't buy their stuff - buy the products that you enjoy and make you feel best about your playing.
I deeply regret the 6661 in my username. Siiiigh. Damn you, 14 year old me, you edgy little bastard.
R45VT
Doesn't speak guitar
1,110 IQ
Quote by mayslash

You need to go away with stupid posts.
Eppicurt
Don't even like pedals.
2,594 IQ
Yeah. This is pointless. Reported.
Quote by SimplyBen
That's the advantage of being such a distance from Yianni. I can continue to live my life without fear of stumbling upon his dark terror.

Quote by Toppscore
Linkerman
UG's Tony Stark
6,720 IQ
LOL TS is tone deaf.
Squier "VMC" Stratocaster
PRS SE Singlecut
tc electronic polytune
CMAT MODS Signa Drive
Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina
DIY gaussmarkov Dr. Boogey
EHX Small Clone
Mooer ShimVerb
DIY Beavis Devolt
T-REX Fuel Tank Chameleon
Ampeg GVT52-112
AndyGray
UG Addict
1,267 IQ
Quote by mayslash
Support better companies.

Better? By being less successful & offering products of lower demand.

Don't you be insulting Boss.

Literally impossible to find a picture of Fred as Boss without ****** in the URL
Last edited by AndyGray at Sep 4, 2012,
steven seagull
not really a seagull
1,064 IQ
I am also amazed that Boss are still in business, mainly because everything they make seems to be indestructable.

If nothing you make breaks then nobody has any reason to buy a new one
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
NakedInTheRain
Registered Muser
1,498 IQ
Quote by mayslash

mayslash
Banned
1,351 IQ
Boss are universally hated in every forum but UG. But UG is mostly teenagers so it is understandable for you to not realize how crappy Boss pedals are.
greeny23
This is me now!
6,045 IQ
Quote by mayslash
Boss are universally hated in every forum but UG. But UG is mostly teenagers so it is understandable for you to not realize how crappy Boss pedals are.

im not sure if you hear yourself speak..
AxSilentxLine
Artist In The Ambulance
1,216 IQ
Quote by mayslash

Bestow your wisdom upon us, for we know not what we do.

I only use 3 Boss pedals; a DD-7, an NS-2 and a Line Selector and they all work quite well. What's the issue?
mayslash
Banned
1,351 IQ
Quote by greeny23
im not sure if you hear yourself speak..

Well UG is mostly teenagers is it not? And if you go to any other forum everyone hates Boss pedals aka tonesuckers aka overpriced junk. Boss is synonymous with metal and this site is all metalheads, so add teenagers + metalheads + Boss = need to take my advice
greeny23
This is me now!
6,045 IQ
Quote by mayslash
Well UG is mostly teenagers is it not? And if you go to any other forum everyone hates Boss pedals aka tonesuckers aka overpriced junk. Boss is synonymous with metal and this site is all metalheads, so add teenagers + metalheads + Boss = need to take my advice

but your advice is so wrong...

ever played a SP-1? ever played a HM-2? ever played a DM-2? Ever played a DD-2?
mayslash
Banned
1,351 IQ
Quote by AxSilentxLine
Bestow your wisdom upon us, for we know not what we do.

I only use 3 Boss pedals; a DD-7, an NS-2 and a Line Selector and they all work quite well. What's the issue?

You could have gotten pedals from other brands for the same price that mops the floor with those Boss pedals is my point.
mayslash
Banned
1,351 IQ
Quote by greeny23
but your advice is so wrong...

ever played a SP-1? ever played a HM-2? ever played a DM-2? Ever played a DD-2?

The only Boss pedal that is comparable to others brands was the ce-2 and that is long gone...
greeny23
This is me now!
6,045 IQ
Quote by mayslash
The only Boss pedal that is comparable to others brands was the ce-2 and that is long gone...

wait, what?

this is completely different to what your original point was.
NakedInTheRain
Registered Muser
1,498 IQ
Quote by mayslash
Well UG is mostly teenagers is it not?

yep, but not all of them are metalheads

Quote by mayslash
And if you go to any other forum everyone hates Boss pedals

false.

Quote by mayslash
aka tonesuckers

only if your entire board is made up of boss, we're talking 6+ pedals.

Quote by mayslash
aka overpriced junk.

do you like know anything about pedals? boss is not overpriced by a long shot.

Quote by mayslash
Boss is synonymous with metal

false.

Quote by mayslash
and this site is all metalheads

false.

Quote by mayslash
so add teenagers + metalheads + Boss = need to take my advice

you're an idiot.
Sputnik1
He's A Thread Killer
318 IQ
Quote by mayslash
You could have gotten pedals from other brands for the same price that mops the floor with those Boss pedals is my point.

Enlighten us. Otherwise you are spewing empty words out of your ass. It's kind of hard to take your view of things when you have no facts to back it up.
greeny23
This is me now!
6,045 IQ
cant deal with this tonight, going to bed.

hopefully you aren't banned in the morning as i'd love to continue..

apparently you own:
MXR Carbon Copy
Boss DD-3
Ibanez TS808
EHX Small Clone
Morley BAd Horsie 2
Korg Pitchblack

so i can see clearly that you are supporting smaller brands for better pedals.
AtaBorMan
UG's reclusive wanker
480 IQ
TS spent a month on TGP and now is too hip for Boss.
Quote by Todd Hart
Shooting your friends with a real gun is a definite faux pas.

Quote by mystical_1
Professor Plum in the Studio with a new Amp

Quote by snipelfritz
If only I were the only one at home right now. I don't need my parents asking who Mr. Wiggles is.
AxSilentxLine
Artist In The Ambulance
1,216 IQ
Quote by mayslash

They do what it says on the tin. They're readily available. They're built like tanks. They ARE cheaper than the alternatives (down here anyway). Problem?
mayslash
Banned
1,351 IQ
Quote by greeny23
cant deal with this tonight, going to bed.

hopefully you aren't banned in the morning as i'd love to continue..

apparently you own:
MXR Carbon Copy
Boss DD-3
Ibanez TS808
EHX Small Clone
Morley BAd Horsie 2
Korg Pitchblack

so i can see clearly that you are supporting smaller brands for better pedals.

I bought it and have already returned it. I gave boss one last shot and they failed. Horrible tone sucking buffer in it. Got a TC flashback and its light years better
mayslash
Banned
1,351 IQ
Quote by greeny23
wait, what?

this is completely different to what your original point was.

No its isn't. pedal was 20 years ago. Boss is a joke nowadays.
Eppicurt
Don't even like pedals.
2,594 IQ
This is all coming from someone who doesn't know the difference between a power supply and a pedalboard.

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1557819
Quote by SimplyBen

Quote by Toppscore
greeny23
This is me now!
6,045 IQ
okay I no longer need to talk to you. hopefully your pedalboard doesnt fry when you plug your pedals into it.
Fisheth24
I play Bass.
6,399 IQ
Quote by mayslash

Er.... Cathbard, Greeny and a few other users might want a word with you on that one...
Eppicurt
Don't even like pedals.
2,594 IQ
Tim's a teenager.

People more like Greg, Dan, 311 (I don't know your name dude)..., Ippon (again...), Kyle, Rob, etc, etc...a lot of the regulars aren't teenagers.
Quote by SimplyBen

Quote by Toppscore
Kevin Saale
Talks to empty chairs
1,339 IQ
Boss is synonymous with metal? Considering their metal pedals are probably some of the most trashed talked pedals here on the forum I think your whole assertion is pretty far off. Also, they only make two metal pedals anyways.

I always thought the buffer on boss pedals was pretty decent. Its not perfect, but even some 'true bypass' pedals out there sound worse than the boss buffer. Everything sucks tone though, including the air between the speaker(s) and your ear, so I can only assume a cork sniffer such as yourself plays with his head right up against the speaker.

O, BTW, before you call me a BOSS fanboi, I've only ever owned one of their products in my life. Enjoy being ignorant.

Edit: I'm not a teenager either, BTW
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Last edited by Kevin Saale at Sep 4, 2012,
Eppicurt
Don't even like pedals.
2,594 IQ

Quote by SimplyBen

Quote by Toppscore
Fisheth24
I play Bass.
6,399 IQ
Quote by Eppicurt
Tim's a teenager.

People more like Greg, Dan, 311 (I don't know your name dude)..., Ippon (again...), Kyle, Rob, etc, etc...a lot of the regulars aren't teenagers.

I've been on here for a couple of years, I should know this stuff by now
AndyGray
UG Addict
1,267 IQ
Quote by mayslash
No its isn't. pedal was 20 years ago. Boss is a joke nowadays.

N00b, Aug-12 registered. Can't you just talk about your sisters prom or something?

Boss DM-2 is the best delay pedal ever made & their modern pedals simply emulate this with modern features.
gregs1020
Hi mom!
10,786 IQ
i feel like you could teach us so much.

can you explain behringer next?

Quote by Roc8995
I don't think I've ever played anything in black walnut. It's a great ice cream flavor, so I assume it works well for a strat too.

Quote by JustRooster
The slugs in the pickups for telecasters are from old winchester rifles, which is why they sound so country.
Kevin Saale
Talks to empty chairs
1,339 IQ
"Dude, behringer is like soo shitteh, almost as bad as boss. Both brands suck all teh toan from my awesome bugera"
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not