Hey Guys
Just wondering as this confused me earlier. I'm thinking of buying a nice guitar in good condition cheaply and it says that it is a 'custom' guitar. I've always assumed that this meant you would specify your 'ideal' guitar to the maker and they would make it especially for you. If that's right, why is that you will go on the Gibson/Epiphone website and it might say 'Custom Les Paul' and you can buy it straight from there? Because it is ready-made and being made in 100's it can't be custom if they're selling it like they would sell any ordinary guitar. Just wondering because that doesn't sound like 'custom'.
Thanks, Tom
"Custom" is just a name Gibson gave to differentiate it from other Les Pauls do to it's own features. Also, this should be in "Electric Guitar" subforum.
SKEdit: By differentiate, I mean that there's a Les Paul Studio, Standard, Custom, et cetera. Each one has it's own unique features. There was a thread a while back that described the differences but I cba to find it.
Last edited by Skullivan at Sep 5, 2012,
Quote by Skullivan
"Custom" is just a name Gibson gave to differentiate it from other Les Pauls do to it's own features. Also, this should be in "Electric Guitar" subforum.
SKEdit: By differentiate, I mean that there's a Les Paul Studio, Standard, Custom, et cetera. Each one has it's own unique features. There was a thread a while back that described the differences but I cba to find it.

Ok thanks, so is custom just the name of the model then? just like standard and studio? (sorry I'm a real amateur)
Quote by Skullivan
Yeah, just a model name.

Right, ok that makes sense, thanks a lot for your help, I got confused over how you get custom guitars (ones that you ask to have specific features) right, cheers