AxSilentxLine
Artist In The Ambulance
1,216 IQ
So i've been wanting to upgrade/add to my rig a while now, and while my 6505+/ENGL cab sounds massive it's become a dime a dozen rig in Sydney, so i've been saving my pennies for a completely new A rig to use in my band and keep the Peavey/Engl as backups.

I actually picked these up about a week ago and used them at a show last night for the first time.

A Korg Pitch Black and a Line 6 G30 digital wireless. I've been without a tuning pedal and since we are gigging more now it's crazy not to have one. The tuning is very accurate even for Drop A and I find I can hit the sweet spot within a few seconds which is handy on stage. It has a big bright led display so it's easy to read even from a distance.

The Line 6 G30 wireless is fantastic. I don't notice any signal degradation or attenuation at all. The lows are thick and booming and the highs are piercing and punchy. I haven't tested out the range yet but Line 6 say it's good for 100 feet which is more than i'll ever need. The receiver is fairly light but built well and sits on top of my amp away from harm. The transmitter is small and light but the clip on the back is a bit flimsy. It has 6 switchable channels so every member of your band could use one at the same time and not worry about interference.

But these are just the icing on top of the delicious tone cake

Since I wanted to up the ante and really bring my rig to the next level I knew i'd need something big that really made a statement and made people take notice.

I finally picked up an Orange PPC412 I have been in love with these things forever and it was a steal at $1100 brand new!

Last but not least.

An Egnater Armageddon

This thing is a monster. At first I thought it doesn't have as much gain as my 6505+ but after a while I have realised that it's just much more useable gain. 3 channels, great cleans and as expected massive distortion. I'll throw up some clips tonight once i'm happy with the recording

EDIT: Clip at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=affY8DaoXTQ
Last edited by AxSilentxLine at Sep 9, 2012,
AxSilentxLine
Artist In The Ambulance
1,216 IQ
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
*reported*

Just had a look at Kyle's thread. That extra bit at the bottom wasn't there last time I was here

Edited original post
Last edited by AxSilentxLine at Sep 8, 2012,
Eppicurt
Don't even like pedals.
2,594 IQ
Mine was better.
Quote by SimplyBen
That's the advantage of being such a distance from Yianni. I can continue to live my life without fear of stumbling upon his dark terror.

Quote by Toppscore
NakedInTheRain aka "Naked with shriveled pencil sized bacon In The Rain"
AxSilentxLine
Artist In The Ambulance
1,216 IQ
Quote by Eppicurt
Mine was better.

Honestly if I hadn't already had the Egnater on layby I would have been all over that Engl Savage, who knows could still happen.
Eppicurt
Don't even like pedals.
2,594 IQ
Hit him up for a trade? Also nice 4x12 I need to get my ENGL a 4x12 so it ain't a muffin top anymore...

Nice stuff.
Quote by SimplyBen
That's the advantage of being such a distance from Yianni. I can continue to live my life without fear of stumbling upon his dark terror.

Quote by Toppscore
joe_k
stereo amp connaisseur
244 IQ
Ah look at everyone here with my hand me down cabs. You guys both have cabs i used to own. Now one of you buy my screamer. $1000 and its yours.
Eppicurt
Don't even like pedals.
2,594 IQ
Screamer is teh suck.
Quote by SimplyBen

Quote by Toppscore
AxSilentxLine
Artist In The Ambulance
1,216 IQ
Quote by joe_k
Ah look at everyone here with my hand me down cabs. You guys both have cabs i used to own. Now one of you buy my screamer. $1000 and its yours.

haha i'll give you $300 for the Screamer, good pricee
jpatan
UG's only REAL Llama
1,736 IQ
HNAD
Quote by tubetime86
He's obviously pretty young, and I'd guess he's being raised by wolves, or at least humans with the intellectual capacity and compassion of wolves.

You finally made it home, draped in the flag that you fell for.
And so it goes
gregs1020
Hi mom!
10,786 IQ
very nice scores all around.

would love to hear clips of the eggy.
Quote by Roc8995
I don't think I've ever played anything in black walnut. It's a great ice cream flavor, so I assume it works well for a strat too.

Quote by JustRooster
The slugs in the pickups for telecasters are from old winchester rifles, which is why they sound so country.
AxSilentxLine
Artist In The Ambulance
1,216 IQ
Quote by gregs1020
very nice scores all around.

would love to hear clips of the eggy.

Working on some clips now actually

The emulated speaker out is very good. A tad dark but that can be EQ'd easily
Eppicurt
Don't even like pedals.
2,594 IQ
Quote by AxSilentxLine
The emulated speaker out is very good. A tad dark but that can be EQ'd easily

I hate emulated outputs. Let's see what it's like.
Quote by SimplyBen

Quote by Toppscore
gregs1020
Hi mom!
10,786 IQ
let's see what your sister can do.
Quote by Roc8995
I don't think I've ever played anything in black walnut. It's a great ice cream flavor, so I assume it works well for a strat too.

Quote by JustRooster
The slugs in the pickups for telecasters are from old winchester rifles, which is why they sound so country.
bassmastamitch
Isn't good at bass
1,412 IQ
Came for the title expecting a smarter adbot with a NGD thread.

Left disappointed.

HNAD! I think more and more Egnaters are gonna be popping up on here, especially after the HG series is available.
NosralTserrof
Damned
1,752 IQ
Nice. I've been GASing over this amp for quite some time.

HNRD!
NT

BE QUICK OR BE DEAD SON
R45VT
Doesn't speak guitar
1,110 IQ
Nice. I liked the one I played. Congrats!
Maineguitarist
Go to Mainer
887 IQ
Watch as a mod comes in and kills this thread like a ninja. Happy New Amp Day
My Name is Cameron.
Quote by Cathbard
For me, bedroom levels is a cranked plexi half stack.

Now get off my ****ing lawn.

CECamps
Schematic Junkie
1,253 IQ
She insists to wear this.

How can I change her mind?

HNRD!
AxSilentxLine
Artist In The Ambulance
1,216 IQ
OP edited clip at bottom. I got sidetracked last night so i've thrown this together this morning in about 20 minutes. I'll try and do a better video of me playing the amp in real time and demo the footswitch and reverb as well
Last edited by AxSilentxLine at Sep 9, 2012,
gregs1020
Hi mom!
10,786 IQ
Quote by AxSilentxLine
OP edited clip at bottom. I got sidetracked last night so i've thrown this together this morning in about 20 minutes. I'll try and do a better video of me playing the amp in real time and demo the footswitch and reverb as well

the clean sounded good but i dunno about the gain channels.

please do that real time recording if possible.
Quote by Roc8995

Quote by JustRooster
AxSilentxLine
Artist In The Ambulance
1,216 IQ
Quote by gregs1020
the clean sounded good but i dunno about the gain channels.

please do that real time recording if possible.

Yeah like I said the Emulated Out is very dark and a bit muddy. The settings I used sound good through the cab but would require tweaking for the emulated out. I'm sure with the proper EQ the emulated out will sound better I just wish the cabinet sim could be turned off as i'd rather use impulses when recording
NosralTserrof
Damned
1,752 IQ
Quote by AxSilentxLine
Yeah like I said the Emulated Out is very dark and a bit muddy. The settings I used sound good through the cab but would require tweaking for the emulated out. I'm sure with the proper EQ the emulated out will sound better I just wish the cabinet sim could be turned off as i'd rather use impulses when recording

Can't you run the FX loop out to a loadbox and then into a sound card to go direct amp-impulse?
NT

BE QUICK OR BE DEAD SON
AxSilentxLine
Artist In The Ambulance
1,216 IQ
Quote by NosralTserrof
Can't you run the FX loop out to a loadbox and then into a sound card to go direct amp-impulse?

Yeah I could, alas I have no loadbox. Might have to pick up a radial.