So I was reading the Valve king wiki:

I saw that it was possible to mod a one button foot switch to switch the channel on my Valve king.

I then purchased a generic Marshall (knock off?) one button foot switch with an LED.

I saw that this foot switch only had a sleeve and tip, but a TRS stereo cable was required to switch channels.

I want to remove the cable inside of it with the correct one.

Is it possible for me to just cut the end of a stereo cable and wire it to the foot switch?


PS: I cut of the end of an old stereo cable I had and realized that I only saw two wires inside and assumed that the outer shield was the sleeve. If that's the case, how can I wire it like in the picture in the wiki?
Last edited by Andyrew004 at Sep 11, 2012,
Yep, all your assumptions are correct. Connect the shield to the sleeve.
I am completely inexperienced with doing any of this.

When I get home, I'll try and take a picture of the cable I tampered with.

When I cut the end off, there seemed to be copper or something wound around it.

Underneath that was a foil-like thing that was wrapped around the two wires.

What is the sleeve? The copper things around it? Or the foil-feeling thing?

Either way, how would I wire it? Sorry, I'm new to all of this.
Last edited by Andyrew004 at Sep 11, 2012,