Page 5 of 6
It seems to me that romney is a master debater. Where as Obama lacks size and speed with his words. He may need to compensate for what he is lacking by attacking the phallacies of romneys misguided policies. If he doesn't improve in the next master debation, he could be in a huge pickle.
Seriously though, I love when they show Obama playing basketball. Whoever he is playing is always so scared to guard him. I guess they don't want to hurt him or something, which is obviously understandable, but it's cracks me up.
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Nah, once you're as good as him at basketball, you radiate a defensive aura. You're actually witnessing their reaction to minor radiation poisoning.
Oh, well that makes to much sense to be false.

Sad they are all gonna die.
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Saturday night, mofos. What you got planned? Debate all night?

Quote by WCPhils
Seriously though, I love when they show Obama playing basketball. Whoever he is playing is always so scared to guard him. I guess they don't want to hurt him or something, which is obviously understandable, but it's cracks me up.

Not everyone! http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010/11/26/obama-needs-stitches-hurt-basketball-game/
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
I don't think many people on this forum particularly cares about needing to go out on a friday/saturday. It was from a TV show anyways.

Really surprised at the lack of effects from the last presidential debate. Most people seem to agree Romney 'won' but I haven't seen much in the news about it besides that
████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by Ssargentslayer
So whose going to screw over the country more?

Me. I will bend this country over, and screw it over. Over and over.

I will insert my Florida right into that Gulf of Mexico.
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
Quote by eGraham
Me. I will bend this country over, and screw it over. Over and over.

I will insert my Florida right into that Gulf of Mexico.

Quote by Duce180
It seems to me that romney is a master debater.

After reading this I've just turned it on and watched a little bit...

Not quite sure what debate you were watching. Both were debating awfully. I can't think of one specific Romney gave to any of his proposals, Obama was a little slow but not as bad as everyone seemed to be making out. To be honest though, this really isn't a meaningful debate in any way. It's like two press conferences going on side by side with a camera panning between the two.

Also, Romney's face after he finishes a point is so slimy that I'm sure people get raped in prison if they drop him in the shower.
Quote by WCPhils

That reminds me of the 1st or 2nd episode of Band of Brothers when Winters is talking to another PL about gambling with his enlisted guys: "Don't ever put yourself in a position where you can take from these men."
My God, it's full of stars!
I don't know why he would say something as stupid as to oppose equal wages, but..

I can see where he's coming from on minimum wage. I would not remove it all together, but I would lower it.
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

If federal minimum wage had grown at the same rate as inflation over the last 40 or so years, it'd be $9.40. Right now my state is the highest (or one of the highest, i forget) at $9.04. My balls it should be lowered.
I think Indiana's at like 7.50/hour or something. Pretty average amongst the states.

I look at that from an economist standpoint though. Right now the people who do get hired make more money, but there are less people hired. If minimum wage is lowered, more people get hired, and the spread of income is more even.

I can't remember the exact figure, but the proportion between wage and emplyed people is quite high. Enough to make a noticeable difference in the event of a change.

What I'm trying to say is: I don't believe the current relation between minimum wage and total amount of people employed is optimal. The total return of wages earned could be higher, and that can be achieved by lowering minimum wage.
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

Quote by eGraham
I think Indiana's at like 7.50/hour or something. Pretty average amongst the states.

I look at that from an economist standpoint though. Right now the people who do get hired make more money, but there are less people hired. If minimum wage is lowered, more people get hired, and the spread of income is more even.

I can't remember the exact figure, but the proportion between wage and emplyed people is quite high. Enough to make a noticeable difference in the event of a change.

What I'm trying to say is: I don't believe the current relation between minimum wage and total amount of people employed is optimal. The total return of wages earned could be higher, and that can be achieved by lowering minimum wage.

Raising the minimum wage gives more people more money to spend, more money spent = businesses grow which means they can hire more people. Cutting minimum wage means more people have less money to spend.

Also cutting minimum wage disproportionately affects women, who hold about 65% of minimum wage jobs. In no states can a full-time min wage worker afford a two-bedroom apartment, so single mothers especially would be affected.

If you're worried about evening out the income spread, you shouldn't focus on evening it out in the very lower class, you should look to the top. The top 1% own nearly half of all financial wealth in the US, so really an income cap would be more reasonable if that's your concern.
Last edited by due 07 at Oct 9, 2012,
Quote by due 07
Raising the minimum wage gives more people more money to spend, more money spent = businesses grow which means they can hire more people. Cutting minimum wage means more people have less money to spend.

But a lower minimum wage gives employers room to hire more people. More people with more money also warrants growth, as well as provides for more people.

Also cutting minimum wage disproportionately affects women, who hold about 65% of minimum wage jobs. In no states can a full-time min wage worker afford a two-bedroom apartment, so single mothers especially would be affected.

Your stats don't seem accurate to me, as most people I know who work minimum wage are male. But that doesn't make the last point any less true. I agree that making it harder on single mothers would be a very unfortunate side effect.

If you're worried about evening out the income spread, you shouldn't focus on evening it out in the very lower class, you should look to the top. The top 1% own nearly half of all financial wealth in the US, so really an income cap would be more reasonable if that's your concern.

I see what you mean here, as well. But seeing as policy changing for the 1% is much harder than changing it for the rest of us, I think something like minimum wage would be a good place to start.
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

Quote by eGraham
Your stats don't seem accurate to me, as most people I know who work minimum wage are male. But that doesn't make the last point any less true. I agree that making it harder on single mothers would be a very unfortunate side effect.

That's probably due to you associating more with men doe.

Also I was wrong earlier, had it been consistent w/ inflation, minimum wage would be over ten fiddy

Quote by frankv
What happened to minimum wages between 06 and 09? Seems like a strange change of plan.

I dunno, but I could use that in my argument against it going up

If you put that change over the roughest parts of the recession.
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

Anyone watching the veep debate tonight? Don't know if i'll be able to stomach another Obama/Biden loss. At least hearing that Biden is one of the most experienced debaters around gives me some hope.
Quote by Dreadnought
That reminds me of the 1st or 2nd episode of Band of Brothers when Winters is talking to another PL about gambling with his enlisted guys: "Don't ever put yourself in a position where you can take from these men."

Great scene.
Is it being streamed anywhere tonight? 'Cause I'll watch if I'm in and there's a decent stream.
Quote by blake1221
No, but you can catch re-runs of Band of Brothers sometimes on The History Channel.

Seen them all already. Watched at least 10 episodes of it in English classes because we were studying Wartime poetry and the whole class was gripped by it.
Let's go Joe!
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Quote by eGraham

the minimum wage in indiana is $7.25.

the living wage for one adult is $8.39 in floyd county. one adult and one child is $17.29. one adult and two children is $22.07.

living wage stats provided by MIT's living wage calculator.
http://livingwage.mit.edu/
#DTWD
Last edited by primusfan at Oct 13, 2012,
Quote by willT08
But that has them tied?

With Romney never having lead in the whole race.

EDIT: Except for 2 days in May.

He was leading yesterday when I checked.

And scroll down from that graph thing, and it'll show you that Romney's ahead in like every poll but two.
Quote by progdude93
my fetish is dudes with dicks small enough to pee on their own sacks.
Last edited by Jostry at Oct 13, 2012,
Quote by Jostry
He was leading yesterday when I checked.

And scroll down from that graph thing, and it'll show you that Romney's ahead in like every poll but two.

Not by any real margin. 1 point is well within statistical error.
Quote by willT08
Not by any real margin. 1 point is well within statistical error.

And most polls have more democrats sampled in them than republicans. Imagine once everybody starts voting on Nov. 6th. Romney's gonna win.

He's already leading in toss up states such as Florida, Virginia and Colorado. In fact, all he really has to do is win Ohio, which is another toss up state, and he wins.

And remember like last month when Obama had 303 electoral votes? Yeah, not anymore.

http://elections.huffingtonpost.com/2012/romney-vs-obama-electoral-map
Quote by progdude93
my fetish is dudes with dicks small enough to pee on their own sacks.