Page 1 of 2
DaleZ93
Executive Hobo
581 IQ
What is real punk? I tend to think of punk as a way of life rather than a music genera but what is true punk, I often hear that true punk bands are bands like the clash, the ramones and others of that era. What do you guys think?
Quote by Hydra150
Quote by vampirelazarus
To quote some influential person in my life: MODES AND SCALES ARE DUMB AND USELESS.

Although, they make great exercise tools. For warming up.
That's going to end up quoted in someone's sig.
due 07
haaan
2,902 IQ
The Clash, the Sex Pistols, the list could go on.
ErikLensherr
MGTOW
1,633 IQ
Punk is all in the attitude, you can rock some KISS or Metallica and be punk.
Quote by EpiExplorer
I swear this guy in particular writes for the telegraph or some shit.

Quote by Rossenrot
I was in NYC for all of about 5 minutes until I was called a cracker and called out to fight someone.
maninasuitcase
925 IQ
Quote by ErikLensherr

A philosopher.
jakesmellspoo
turndiningbackintoeating
2,165 IQ
Quote by ErikLensherr

you're not punk.
mugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmug
█▐▌█▐▌
1,459 IQ
Quote by jakesmellspoo
you're not punk.

ugh sew 2008.

if i may be ironically serious for a moment, i'm partial toward legs mcneil's assessment: « The name "Punk" was decided upon because "it seemed to sum up...everything...obnoxious, smart but not pretentious, absurd, ironic, and things that appealed to the darker side". » (i would downplay the 'darker side' part as being mainly of historical relevance, and also add that indignance is a factor.) so like music w/ a 'smartalecky' vibe.
Last edited by █▐▌█▐▌ at Sep 12, 2012,
DaleZ93
Executive Hobo
581 IQ
Quote by ErikLensherr

Thats how I feel about it.
Quote by Hydra150
Quote by vampirelazarus
To quote some influential person in my life: MODES AND SCALES ARE DUMB AND USELESS.

Mr E Meat
Custom User Title
654 IQ
internet forums arent punk
jakesmellspoo
turndiningbackintoeating
2,165 IQ
Quote by █▐▌█▐▌
ugh sew 2008.

i've been pretending that it's still the year 2008 for 5 years now. it makes it easier to not come to terms with the fact that i'm in exactly the same place i was at that time.
mugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmug
Saint78
julian wells
1,760 IQ
Quote by ErikLensherr

KISS is so punx.
you're a stone fox
due 07
haaan
2,902 IQ
I was a huge Kiss fan in 5th grade. I had this old Kiss lunchbox that used to be my dad's. I wodner where it's at, it's still pretty sick. I had Kiss dolls of Peter Criss and Gene Simmons I got froma claw machine at grocery store next to my house, I was baller at those. My cat used the Gene Simmons doll when it was feeling lonely/horny, so after a while it was pretty gross. Kinda wish I let it use the Peter Criss doll instead.
ChemicalFire
King of Bacon Pancakes
5,773 IQ
Quote by jakesmellspoo
you're not punk.

All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
DaleZ93
Executive Hobo
581 IQ
Its seems that this has become a kiss/you're not punk forum. lol
Quote by Hydra150
Quote by vampirelazarus

pinheadslts75
BrainDamage
1,113 IQ
this is one of those discussions that I still can't believe happens.
jakesmellspoo
turndiningbackintoeating
2,165 IQ
i can't believe it's not butter.
DaleZ93
Executive Hobo
581 IQ
Quote by jakesmellspoo
i can't believe it's not butter.

I thought it was and now you're telling me it's not!
Quote by Hydra150
Quote by vampirelazarus

JoeyHoser
21 IQ
Quote by pinheadslts75
this is one of those discussions that I still can't believe happens.

No shit. I have no words for the stupidity and hypocracy in some teenage turd trying to potray some sort of culture-elitism around the term "punk", and bashing others for not adhering to the strict rules they've layed out that someone must follow in order to be considered part of the club.

I guess those are words. Nevermind.
Saint78
julian wells
1,760 IQ
Quote by JoeyHoser
No shit. I have no words for the stupidity and hypocracy in some teenage turd trying to potray some sort of culture-elitism around the term "punk", and bashing others for not adhering to the strict rules they've layed out that someone must follow in order to be considered part of the club.

I guess those are words. Nevermind.

Now you're bashing teenagers who want the world to be punk. That's so unpunk.
you're a stone fox
sargasm
1977 and we are going mad
1,817 IQ
It's basically like Dada but more obnoxious.
due 07
haaan
2,902 IQ
I saw a punk guy at the bus stop today. He had on those really high docs, but I don't think he was racist because they were red. He was also wearing a Leftover Crack sweatshirt, which I complimented him on despite never really listening to or caring about them.
Brian Krashpad
168 IQ
Quote by Mr E Meat
internet forums arent punk

Correct. They're right up there along with inability to capitalize or punctuate, to say nothing of pentagrams, as far as being not punk goes.
mnf50
yes
892 IQ
Punk isn't just '77 either and everybody needs to get that in their head too
SuperBlob
DIRECT HIT!
1,589 IQ
Quote by mnf50
Punk isn't just '77 either and everybody needs to get that in their head too

WOO SUSSEX.

Also I just had the disturbing realisation that you're 16, and 5 years younger than me.

Shit.
FUCK YOU! GET PUMPED!
mnf50
yes
892 IQ
Quote by SuperBlob
WOO SUSSEX.

Also I just had the disturbing realisation that you're 16, and 5 years younger than me.

Shit.

I almost feel violated
SuperBlob
DIRECT HIT!
1,589 IQ
Quote by mnf50
I almost feel violated

I FEEL OLD :c
FUCK YOU! GET PUMPED!
Mr E Meat
Custom User Title
654 IQ
Quote by Brian Krashpad
Correct. They're right up there along with inability to capitalize or punctuate, to say nothing of pentagrams, as far as being not punk goes.

bitch does this look like english class
Mav-16
UG Senior Member
372 IQ
oh such a wonderful topic for the curious little p0nx. maybe their should a punk rock programming class to save these discussions ?
I love all forms of Rock 'n' Roll, past and NOT present
MarqueeMoon77
507 IQ
punk is being able to walk up to a complete stranger in a black flag shirt and talk to them like you've known them for years.
I realize. That I hate the sound of guitars
GoodCharloteSux
3,778 IQ
I like to think of Punk like a dirty old bum. He's comin' up to me, and I'm 'bout to sock him one, cause, you know, he's a dirty old punk, but then I say, "Wait a minute, there's something... I don't know, special about this guy
Originally posted by J_Dizzle
THAAAANK YOU GoodCharloteSux is god
jakesmellspoo
turndiningbackintoeating
2,165 IQ
Quote by MarqueeMoon77
punk is being able to walk up to a complete stranger in a black flag shirt and talk to them like you've known them for years.

trooth.

nothing's better than having some old dude at Shop Rite come up to you and have a short conversation about your Descendents shirt.

or various other people recognizing your Degenerics back patch.
axeslash
I got no learnin'
3,485 IQ
nothing is funner than someone coming up to you to talk about your shirt and spending 5 minutes trying to figure out how to leave

seriously no stranger has walked up to me and said stuff like 'oh hey i like the dead kennedys too' without me imagining what they look like falling into a vat of hydrofluoric acid

it'd probably look pretty boring but fuck them up pretty bad in the long run so its the thought that counts
Journalism is just a gun. It's only got one bullet in it, but if you aim right, that's all you need. Aim it right, and you can blow a kneecap off the world.
archtek
98 IQ
Punk is a fashion style. A way to sell doc martins and hair dye. And piercings. They dress up in their pretty little clothes go get smashed claim its for anarchy and against the government. Some of them are even sober enough to make music that sounds politically motivated.

Theres a few of them where I live, a couple of them are your a-typical punk couple. They both got the look. She's at university studying accounting.

Nuff said.
SuperBlob
DIRECT HIT!
1,589 IQ
Quote by archtek
Punk is a fashion style. A way to sell doc martins and hair dye. And piercings. They dress up in their pretty little clothes go get smashed claim its for anarchy and against the government. Some of them are even sober enough to make music that sounds politically motivated.

Theres a few of them where I live, a couple of them are your a-typical punk couple. They both got the look. She's at university studying accounting.

Nuff said.

Hahaha ok
FUCK YOU! GET PUMPED!
lolmnt
Earth of the Butt
4,159 IQ
Quote by archtek

Nuff said.
Thank you
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
jakesmellspoo
turndiningbackintoeating
2,165 IQ
i have doc martens, but no hair dye.

i'm only half punx.