Page 1 of 2
Hey everyone!

I have been presented with the opportunity to travel to Cambodia to study and work with victims of human trafficking. The trip is worth three credit hours to my Master's Degree in Mental Health Counseling, and it would be an AMAZING opportunity for me to refine my skills in multiculturalism, therapy with trauma victims, and on the issue of human trafficking itself.

I have never been outside of the United States, and I would be so humbled by the opportunity to travel overseas and be able to put my skills to use in such a giving way.

Here is some information about the organization I would be working with: www.destinyrescue.org/us.

Obviously, this opportunity comes with a cost. The total estimated cost of the trip is around $4,000. My university is offering a $1,000 scholarship to those who are able to go on the trip, and I plan on saving back some extra money I have from my work-study job. If needed, I will also take out a student loan. Even with all of these resources, the price range is still outside of my comfortable affordability. So I am turning to my family and friends, including my beloved UG friends, to help me out. Any donation would be GREATLY appreciated! Every little bit counts, and it all adds up! It would go toward helping me grow into the wordly, cultured person that I want to be, become an understanding and effective counselor in the future, and helping victims of human trafficking in these areas.

You would have my never-ending gratitude for any contribution you could make.

Here is the website where you can make your contribution:

http://www.youcaring.com/fundraiser_details?url=helpmegotocambodiatostudyhumantrafficking&fundraiser_id=9487

Thank you for your support,

Dosed. (aka, Kayla)

PS- If you make a donation and do not wish to remain anonymous, please send me either your mailing address or email address in the comment section so that I may send you a personalized thank you.
"There is always some madness in love. But there is also always some reason in madness."
-Friedrich Nietzsche

e-married to zgr0826
For a second I thought you were Gary Glitter.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
I would give you money, but it's your money too.
I like St. Anger. Ridicule me, daddy
Quote by ErikLensherr
Normani
Normani
Normies
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
So like...your title made me think you were an aspiring sex trafficker.

I'm really happy I'm wrong . I may be able to throw a few bucks your way, lemme see how my pay day looks.

My things:
Bowes SLx7
Washburn WG587
Washburn X40Pro
Washburn X50
Washburn HM24
Washburn WR150
Laguna LE200s
Arietta Acoustic
First Act
Valveking 112
VHT Deliverance

I would donate money but I don't have any.
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
Typical US volunteering organisation- they're absolutely fleecing you on the cost of the trip.

Even with the $1000 scholarship taken off, $3000 is incredibly steep considering you can stay in a more than decent hotel for about $2 a night and eat for about the same.

Plus, this is scary:

"Destiny Rescue however, is a Christian organisation so does promote Christian values but present our faith as a lifestyle of action and compassion rather than just a belief. Yes the children are given opportunity to become Christians but neither the children nor their families are under any compulsion to become Christians."
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
Quote by valennic

This
Quote by EpiExplorer
I swear this guy in particular writes for the telegraph or some shit.

Quote by Fat Lard
My name can actually be traced back to as early as the 1990s, it means "fuck off data miner"
You sound a little too excited about this. I don't know, that OP felt a bit too opportunistic

Sorry though, I haven't got any cash at all.
She was born in 1898 in a barn. She died on the thirty-seventh floor of a skyscraper. She's an astronaut.
Quote by rabidguitarist
Typical US volunteering organisation- they're absolutely fleecing you on the cost of the trip.

Even with the $1000 scholarship taken off, $3000 is incredibly steep considering you can stay in a more than decent hotel for about $2 a night and eat for about the same.

Plus, this is scary:

"Destiny Rescue however, is a Christian organisation so does promote Christian values but present our faith as a lifestyle of action and compassion rather than just a belief. Yes the children are given opportunity to become Christians but neither the children nor their families are under any compulsion to become Christians."

yeah, about the whole Christian thing--

My group is not having a part in that at all. We are a state university, and we won't be involved in any of that stuff.

Also, keep in mind it's paying for the flight and my credit hours for the university as well.
"There is always some madness in love. But there is also always some reason in madness."
-Friedrich Nietzsche

e-married to zgr0826
Last edited by Dosed. at Sep 14, 2012,
So apparently someone donated $200 and this was Kayla's response: "Oh my god! I feel like Walt Jr.!"
Quote by ErikLensherr
Normani
Normani
Normies
You could always raise the money by whoring yourself out to greasy old men if the whole "solicit money from 13 year olds on a guitar forum" thing doesn't pan out.
Quote by RU Experienced?
You could always raise the money by whoring yourself out to greasy old men if the whole "solicit money from 13 year olds on a guitar forum" thing doesn't pan out.

Whore out the 13 year olds to Gary Glitter!!!!!!
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Quote by zgr0826
So apparently someone donated $200 and this was Kayla's response: "Oh my god! I feel like Walt Jr.!"

I'm giving 10 bucks just for that awesome BrBa reference.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by rabidguitarist

Plus, this is scary:

tbh not scary at all
..::fat
lard::..
Quote by valennic

+1
I Have An Avant Garde Fetish....
Quote by Gantz92
Im in no way an amateur. I masturbate in public all the time.
Quote by Nelsean
I can get an erection just by looking at a plastic cup, or a river.
Quote by Obsceneairwaves
Don't worry, rape will always find a back way in
Quote by Xiaoxi
I'm giving 10 bucks just for that awesome BrBa reference.

That is so ca$h.
Quote by ErikLensherr
Normani
Normani
Normies
I'm not doing too well with money right now but I'll see if I can contribute soon. You have to visit me too ok? I'm just a $79 flight away
cat
Thank you to everyone who has donated so far! I am so humbled by the generosity. Please remember to send me your email or mailing address so I can send you a personal thank you card!

<3

Kayla
-Friedrich Nietzsche

e-married to zgr0826
I totally get it. It can't hurt to know how to do it yourself, I guess. Quick money with criminal activities is always good!
So, this is definitely study, and not a holiday?
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
Quote by slapsymcdougal

It's 'volunteering', which is a holiday dressed up as study.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
It's definitely study. I will be learning counseling skills and techniques to work with trauma victims that I can use in my future practice here in the US. The course is worth 3 credit hours toward my Master's degree, and I am responsible for writing a paper describing the techniques I learned about/acquired, as well as presenting my experiences to faculty and classmates upon returning.
-Friedrich Nietzsche

e-married to zgr0826
Quote by Dosed.
It's definitely study. I will be learning counseling skills and techniques to work with trauma victims that I can use in my future practice here in the US. The course is worth 3 credit hours toward my Master's degree, and I am responsible for writing a paper describing the techniques I learned about/acquired, as well as presenting my experiences to faculty and classmates upon returning.

Well, bang goes my Dead Kennedys joke, then.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
Bring a gun!
But we little know until tried how much of the uncontrollable there is in us, urging across glaciers and torrents, and up dangerous heights, let the judgment forbid as it may.
Oh man, I actually wish I could help you out but I'm a currently a broke-ass college kid tryin to get by on what I got

But best of luck, this sounds like an awesome cause
Quote by ErikLensherr
Don't belittle it like that, your mom produces top quality stuff.

C4C
[thread="1339859"]Hammerhead[/thread]
[thread="1341152"]Anglerfish[/thread]

VOTE
Thrustor: 2012
Quote by zgr0826

you're a stone fox
Quote by slapsymcdougal

It's always a holiday in Cambodia.
How can it not be?
Where you'll kiss ass; or crack.
How can you not enjoy that?!
To be vulnerable is needed most of all, if you intend to truly fall apart.

Quote by due 07
You have no idea how much I don't want to tell stories about my mother's vaginal slime on the internet.

I make music sometimes.
Try Reddit they are more sympathetic and quicker to give their money away.
2011 Gibson Honeyburst LP Trad. w/ SD Whole Lotta Humbuckers
2014 Gibson Ocean Water Standard Plus
Marshall Haze 15W Head/Cab
Hughes & Kettner Tubemeister 5
yeah ok im going to help you on your mission to bang 12 year olds. get on my jetfuel swagger hater
Quote by Momentosis
Bro if I could, I'd totally help you.

If you do get over there you gotta be careful especially tinkering with this shit.

She will be. She's gonna be with a group that does this fairly often with no incidents.
Quote by ErikLensherr
Normani
Normani
Normies
Dude, be careful, you are ****ing around in a world where these bastards have no conscience.

Be careful who and what you around at.

Good luck
Page 1 of 2