Page 3 of 20
Quote by Ometh
Seriously? That'd be kickass! Thanks man

Fist things first, I redid the track I initially did, and I took a lot more time and care with it this time. Also I used your recording as my guide instead of just the guitar pro tracks. I think it turned out a lot better this time and I hope you agree.
http://www.mediafire.com/?zdu1rr2ibv5ia2v
I'm thinking I'll do a funeral doom song with post-rock influences.

Atmospheric enough?

Definitely, man.

Alright, coolio. I already have something in the works.

Of course, you can have multiple songs if they're collabs with someone, lol.

I feel so special :3

I'm getting a post-metal ish band put together right now, and if we get anything recorded I'll see if they mind it getting thrown on here.

You better, goest. You better.

up the punx

can i submit the live demo of our longest song and call it a day? no vox, no mixing, one take?

XxXPunx4LyfeXxX

I'd prefer if you gave me a studio version, but if you can't have it recorded by the time of release, a live version is fine.

I have some ideas going, and since we are starting this one early we have time to decide upon them:
1) How about, for this time around, instead of the cover having just a pic + "UG's blablabla", we all create some sort of logo, and then display it on the cover, in order of appearance? That would make it look a bit more like a real split.
2) Physical copies for those who participate, and then make some sort of a contest when we distribute like 10 or 20 for some lucky dudes
3)We have a song where we all collaborate (kind of a stretch, but still sweet )

The thing about having 20+ logos is that it takes up a lot of space.
Besides, you have people like me who are artistically challenged, haha.
We could, however, have someone make a logo that incorporates the letters UGPR or something.

Having physical copies is pretty much impossible at this point, because CDs require money, which most of us don't really have, lol. Also, shipping's prohibitively expensive, and just organizing the entire thing will be a bit of a headache. Maybe if one of us opens up a record label some day. >_>

A collaboration is, of course, possible, but not highly feasible. If a collab is to be done, everyone involved has to be highly efficient and knowledgeable of what's going on. We can't just have someone record a bit and then send it to the next person to add some more and all that. What I suggest is that you first create a simple Guitar Pro file or something for reference, and then plan out the rest of the song with whoever wants to collaborate.

Yeah, that would have been cool if we actually went through with that.

I'm down to try it for this album. Anyone else?

I'd be down, especially since I have a mic now.

I'd be totally down for a collab. Also, I've got some non-post-rock stuff I'm working on for the Mimic the French album and some of it is going to require gang vocals. Do any of you guys want to contribute some yelling for that?

*affirmative yelling*

Fuck, I love listening to gang vocals.

Yes please.

Hriday, I think I'll be able to actually contribute to this album. My song for UGPR4 is already written; I just wasn't able to record it. I should be well enough to record this cycle.

Of course, Chris. Take all the time you need.

Good to read that you're doing better.
Last edited by hriday_hazarika at Sep 16, 2012,
Quote by hriday_hazarika
Definitely, man.

Good, because it's something I've been wanting to do for a long time

I'm aiming for something like this, only probably less awesome and nothing like that.
In my heart I'm with you

every night
Quote by palm mute

I'm aiming for something like this, only probably less awesome and nothing like that.

I have to leave for school now, so I'll listen to this when I get back.

Don't worry, I won't forget to get the noose.
If you guys are interested, I have a couple of riffs from the song that I want to contribute that I recorded awhile back. They are the two "SFTS Preview" riffs on my profile. Though I think I'm definitely going to change the band name to something different, since I'm not really feeling it anymore.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Quote by Mack56
Fist things first, I redid the track I initially did, and I took a lot more time and care with it this time. Also I used your recording as my guide instead of just the guitar pro tracks. I think it turned out a lot better this time and I hope you agree.
http://www.mediafire.com/?zdu1rr2ibv5ia2v

That was quick!
Just listened to most of it, and I gotta say: great bass tone! Really dig it. Even with my poor mixing skills, it's not hard for the bass to be felt and heard, and I like that alot. The take was almost perfect, even the slap part is pretty good, but you played one note wrong lol: at bar 115, you shoul've played an D# instead of an G lolz. That G was only supposed to be played in the second time around, at bar 123. If you could just send me a one bar long D# file, I could replace the note and easily use this lol.
Do you mind doing the other songs aswell?
EDIT: Also, just wondering, not that it makes much of a difference, but did you use a pick or fingerstyle? Because it sounds like fingers but I'm not really shure and it's bugging me lol.
Quote by slapsymcdougal
I'm cockblocked regularly by my appearance and personality.
Last edited by Ometh at Sep 16, 2012,
Quote by Ometh
That was quick!
Just listened to most of it, and I gotta say: great bass tone! Really dig it. Even with my poor mixing skills, it's not hard for the bass to be felt and heard, and I like that alot. The take was almost perfect, even the slap part is pretty good, but you played one note wrong lol: at bar 115, you shoul've played an D# instead of an G lolz. That G was only supposed to be played in the second time around, at bar 123. If you could just send me a one bar long D# file, I could replace the note and easily use this lol.
Do you mind doing the other songs aswell?
EDIT: Also, just wondering, not that it makes much of a difference, but did you use a pick or fingerstyle? Because it sounds like fingers but I'm not really shure and it's bugging me lol.

That one didn't take long because I still remembered most of it. Anyway, yeah i'll take care of that measure. (the fast parts are picked, everything else is finger)

And I'll take a stab at the other songs, sure.

EDIT: http://www.mediafire.com/?anofak5bl5y8b03 done
Last edited by Mack56 at Sep 17, 2012,
Quote by hriday_hazarika

XxXPunx4LyfeXxX

I'd prefer if you gave me a studio version, but if you can't have it recorded by the time of release, a live version is fine.

No fool, it was a live studio take.
Quote by Mack56
That one didn't take long because I still remembered most of it. Anyway, yeah i'll take care of that measure. (the fast parts are picked, everything else is finger)

And I'll take a stab at the other songs, sure.

EDIT: http://www.mediafire.com/?anofak5bl5y8b03 done

Kewl, I shall edit it whenever I get around re-recording this. Or should I? I don't know if the prodution is that good, what do you guise think? Maybe a phatter tone, or just leave it as it is?
Quote by slapsymcdougal
Quote by blake1221
No fool, it was a live studio take.

Not confusing at all, Blake.

Anyway, I'm still blank on what I want to do. I've been wanting to do something less instrumental or more orchestral since that's the type of music I've been listening to. I don't know yet.
That is by far the most outlandish and greatest thing I've ever heard of. It'd be like a mix between Philip Glass and Brand New (incidentally pretty much all I listen to now, which should make sense with my previous post).
I'm in, like always.

This time I want to work with real instruments, seeing as the midi-ness of my tracks seem to be letting them down. Just need to find a decent USB-Guitar cable, and work something out with the instruments I have access to.

Judging from reviews, I've got the composition down pat, its just the recording part that's preventing my tracks from shining. Is that right guys? What do you all think?

For the record, so far I've made tracks purely through Garageband, using their midi instruments.
--- You know I can't have your ghost chips ---
I'm in one of those moods where I'm feeling creative enough to tell people I'd be up for contributing to one of these things. I'm a little confused as to what exactly 'atmosphere' means though, would something like Summoning be considered acceptable? I'd love to do some big fantasy soundscape black metal in that vein. If the deadline is next year I might even be able to get some realistic sounding symphonic instruments on it. Only issue I'd have is finding someone who can do vocals.

If it's not acceptable, don't worry, I'll probably lose my inspiration in a few days anyway
Will be getting a proper interface+mic very soon so I'll actually have something to contribute to this album!

Prepare for ISIS style wall'o'fuzz heavy ass sludgyness and huge reverbs
[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']Better than my plan, look at those perfect little dick suckin' lips!
Kid's a natural I tell yah!Orange Rockerverb 50 MKII
Marshall JCM 900 SL-X
Gibson Les Paul Studio Faded
Fender Mexican Standard Telecaster
Hey I built a guitar
Quote by Nietsche
I'm a little confused as to what exactly 'atmosphere' means though, would something like Summoning be considered acceptable?

Only if the lyrics are in black speech.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
I am in on this.
Just need to re record bass on a song I've been working on for the last three weeks. Very kind of simple, straight post-rock. Like a slightly more dissonant God is an Astronaut kinda vibe. I dunno. But its pretty cool if I may say so myself.
This is my last week of school (where my studio is) for two weeks so if I can't get it done this week, it will definitely be submitted within a month.

Looking forward to this
What are the thoughts on a themed album? Where we pick a topic or idea and everyone submits their interperetation on it? Both lyrically and musically?

Could work. Could also not work. An idea none the less.

Hell yeah, that's atmospheric.

I'm in, like always.

This time I want to work with real instruments, seeing as the midi-ness of my tracks seem to be letting them down. Just need to find a decent USB-Guitar cable, and work something out with the instruments I have access to.

Judging from reviews, I've got the composition down pat, its just the recording part that's preventing my tracks from shining. Is that right guys? What do you all think?

For the record, so far I've made tracks purely through Garageband, using their midi instruments.

You could always try different VSTs. There are tons of free ones out there. You'll find more than you'll know what to with on KVR Audio itself.

I'm in one of those moods where I'm feeling creative enough to tell people I'd be up for contributing to one of these things. I'm a little confused as to what exactly 'atmosphere' means though, would something like Summoning be considered acceptable? I'd love to do some big fantasy soundscape black metal in that vein. If the deadline is next year I might even be able to get some realistic sounding symphonic instruments on it. Only issue I'd have is finding someone who can do vocals.

If it's not acceptable, don't worry, I'll probably lose my inspiration in a few days anyway

Yep, that's perfectly acceptable.

"Atmospheric" is just a sophisticated way of saying "add dat reverb, mang".

What are the thoughts on a themed album? Where we pick a topic or idea and everyone submits their interperetation on it? Both lyrically and musically?

Could work. Could also not work. An idea none the less.

Since we'll all be recording during Winter, I'm hoping we'll have quite a few grim and frostbitten songs for a wintry kinda vibe. Instead of Aberrant Corollary, I'll probably be submitting something from me and my friend's atmospheric black metal project, Orphne. So far, I've managed to write a Deafheaven rip-off.

I've never really thought about having themes for UGPR, but if everyone wants to, we could discuss it.

I think the themes, if any, get implied during release anyway, lol.
Last edited by hriday_hazarika at Sep 17, 2012,

Since we'll all be recording during Winter, I'm hoping we'll have quite a few grim and frostbitten songs for a wintry kinda vibe. Instead of Aberrant Corollary, I'll probably be submitting something from me and my friend's atmospheric black metal project, Orphne. So far, I've managed to write a Deafheaven rip-off.

I've never really thought about having themes for UGPR, but if everyone wants to, we could discuss it.

I think the themes, if any, get implied during release anyway, lol.

Dat winter vibe

I was just thinking of the UG rock opera, where a story is composed, and broken into sections where everyone writes based around a particular scenario. Could be anotehr way to go. The winter theme is cool though. Dark, cold, unforgiving. Very post rock. Featherless and frozen sad birds.
Quote by shmeegle
Dat winter vibe

I was just thinking of the UG rock opera, where a story is composed, and broken into sections where everyone writes based around a particular scenario. Could be anotehr way to go. The winter theme is cool though. Dark, cold, unforgiving. Very post rock. Featherless and frozen sad birds.

I kinda feel that having a concrete story would be too constricting. Besides, two more people might want to do the same part of the story or something, so that's there too.

Also, crows without blankets = the epitome of sad birds in Winter.
Quote by hriday_hazarika
Yep, that's perfectly acceptable.

"Atmospheric" is just a sophisticated way of saying "add dat reverb, mang".

Then prepare yourselves, ye of mortal fate, for a grand tale of heroism, magic and monsters, in winter, with reverb. No black speech though.
Winter is coming.
[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']Better than my plan, look at those perfect little dick suckin' lips!
Kid's a natural I tell yah!Orange Rockerverb 50 MKII
Marshall JCM 900 SL-X
Gibson Les Paul Studio Faded
Fender Mexican Standard Telecaster
Hey I built a guitar
Quote by loose bowels
This needs to be an album title!

There are actually several metal bands that have used that as an album name.
Might try my hand at this. Should be enough time to fit it around uni too.
Obligatory gear list
Guitars
Ibanez SZ4020 w/BKP Miracle Man set
Cort X-11 w/EMG 85+81
Tanglewood TSB58 HB w/BKP Nailbomb & Cold Sweat
Epiphone SG Prophecy w/Seymour Duncan/Ibz
Basses
Indie Swamp 4
Ibanez BTB 775 PB
Amps
Engl Screamer 50
Winter is an awesome theme, I can definitely work with that imagery
Quote by Nietsche

I might be able to do the vocals if you don't find anyone better for it by then.
In my heart I'm with you

every night
Last edited by palm mute at Sep 17, 2012,
So if I alter my username to make it sound like a band's name, how would that work?

Would it be Horsedick and the .MPEGs or Horse and the Dick.MPEGs?
2013 #5 Uger
2012 #7 Uger

Quote by jetfuel495
Jesus, Horsedick, you are my hero

Quote by JayT44
don't worry guys his girlfriend is black, she said it was okay for him to say that.

Stalk Me

Shitty Covers

Original Music

Lastfm
Quote by Horsedick.MPEG
So if I alter my username to make it sound like a band's name, how would that work?

Would it be Horsedick and the .MPEGs or Horse and the Dick.MPEGs?

Horsedick and the .MPEGs. Definitely.
Quote by godisasniper
My next band is going to be named "Lizard Emporium," I've decided. Anyone want in?

You're asking for dewds for a internet project or what?
Quote by slapsymcdougal
Quote by loose bowels
What would an emporium of lizards sound like?

I dunno. Do you poop alot?
Quote by slapsymcdougal
Quote by Ometh
You're asking for dewds for a internet project or what?

Yeah, I guess. I feel like writing with other people for a change.

And I don't know what a lizard emporium would sound like. The name comes from the nickname of my current apartment - some kid brought back a couple of lizards to Cincinnati in the 1950s and they're now everywhere in this neighborhood, with the epicenter right next to my house.