Page 4 of 20
Quote by Ometh
I dunno. Do you poop alot?

It's where I get my drum sounds from.
OUT OF ORDER
Quote by godisasniper
Yeah, I guess. I feel like writing with other people for a change.

And I don't know what a lizard emporium would sound like. The name comes from the nickname of my current apartment - some kid brought back a couple of lizards to Cincinnati in the 1950s and they're now everywhere in this neighborhood, with the epicenter right next to my house.

Hmm.
What are we talking influence wise? I'm only used to write the br00tz, but If I immerse myself in a shitload of post-rock/black metal I can write in those genres.
Quote by slapsymcdougal
I'm cockblocked regularly by my appearance and personality.
Quote by shmeegle
Horsedick and the .MPEGs. Definitely.

Sounds good. Thanks for the help
2013 #5 Uger
2012 #7 Uger

Quote by jetfuel495
Jesus, Horsedick, you are my hero

Quote by JayT44
don't worry guys his girlfriend is black, she said it was okay for him to say that.

Stalk Me

Shitty Covers

Original Music

Lastfm
Quote by Ometh
Hmm.
What are we talking influence wise? I'm only used to write the br00tz, but If I immerse myself in a shitload of post-rock/black metal I can write in those genres.

I was thinking somewhere in between post rock and really bizarre proggy jam stuff. I figure this isn't going to be a full album or anything, just a little collab project for fun.
Quote by godisasniper
I was thinking somewhere in between post rock and really bizarre proggy jam stuff. I figure this isn't going to be a full album or anything, just a little collab project for fun.

Count me in! Who knows, we might end up being the best Experimental Post Progressive Grindcore band ever!
Quote by slapsymcdougal
Speaking of projects, what happened to Ame guys? Last I heard from Rasik was I think a couple weeks ago, listened to his new demo. Haven't seen Alex around here in a while either. Guys, we gotta do something for this album.

And if we do, we need to focus on one thing Last time there was too many foundation tracks going around and we sort of lost count.
Last edited by ali.guitarkid7 at Sep 17, 2012,
I wonder how a post-rock album put out by Converge would sound.
Quote by slapsymcdougal
Now for something more serious: should I make the collab thread in the T&C section already, or does anyone have a problem with it?
I'll link it afterwards of course, and I would make the rules clear and shiz.
Quote by slapsymcdougal
Quote by blake1221
Iiiiiiii tooooolldddddd youuuuuuuuuu

I know, the track that initially put me off was Vices but now it's one of my favorites. Such a great album. I liked their two earlier releases too, especially Deja.
Quote by blake1221
chu no liek eet?

naw meyn I kin Deeg eet fur shuur

I had that album aaaaaages ago
No idea where it is now. It was a cracker though.
Quote by ali.guitarkid7
I know, the track that initially put me off was Vices but now it's one of my favorites. Such a great album. I liked their two earlier releases too, especially Deja.

Yeah, but damn, Daisy brings it all home.

Quote by Ometh
I wonder how a post-rock album put out by Converge would sound.

unnnffffff......

Quote by shmeegle
naw meyn I kin Deeg eet fur shuur

I had that album aaaaaages ago
No idea where it is now. It was a cracker though.

Such a great album.
I'll be guitaring and potentially singing a bit, though I don't really want to do solo leads for this. I have a kind of crazy la dispute meets metalcore song I've been working on that's going to need growling or screaming, and I'm not great at that (plus my landlord might not appreciate it).
Quote by godisasniper
Sounds good to me! Do we have any drummers in here willing to do things?

Define 'do things'.

I'm not really a drummer, and always mess up programming
What I meant is, are there any drummers here with the ability and willingness to contribute some solid live drum tracks for this project? I'm not awful at programming drum tracks but I would much prefer to have an actual drummer.
Quote by godisasniper
Yeah, I guess. I feel like writing with other people for a change.

And I don't know what a lizard emporium would sound like. The name comes from the nickname of my current apartment - some kid brought back a couple of lizards to Cincinnati in the 1950s and they're now everywhere in this neighborhood, with the epicenter right next to my house.

I, too, have one of those bastards in the kitchen who doesn't pay his share of the rent.
There are thousands living under my house. I guess they're an invasive species but no one cares because they only eat other invasive stuff for the most part.
Quote by ali.guitarkid7
Speaking of projects, what happened to Ame guys? Last I heard from Rasik was I think a couple weeks ago, listened to his new demo. Haven't seen Alex around here in a while either. Guys, we gotta do something for this album.

And if we do, we need to focus on one thing Last time there was too many foundation tracks going around and we sort of lost count.

Well, I dunno if Jules is gonna arrange another UG Drone Album, so let's have some 雨 in UGPR5.

I really wanna do some twinkly guitar stuff.
Quote by godisasniper
There are thousands living under my house. I guess they're an invasive species but no one cares because they only eat other invasive stuff for the most part.

Yeah, but I don't have mosquitoes and stuff in my house, so he's like my unemployed son who just sits around all day.

Or maybe, I don't have any mosquitoes and stuff because he eats them all before I even see them!

I'M SORRY FOR DOUBTING YOU, SON
Quote by godisasniper
What I meant is, are there any drummers here with the ability and willingness to contribute some solid live drum tracks for this project? I'm not awful at programming drum tracks but I would much prefer to have an actual drummer.

I love lizards, I wouldn't mind them in my house at all. Way better than ****ing spiders and flies anyway.

As for drums, depending on what you're looking for I may be interested in giving it a shot. I play a 4 piece kit (No double kick), hats, one crash and a ride. I can't play anything too complex.

Also, my recordings would be pretty "open" as the best I can do is give you a stereo track (overheads) as I don't have the ability to multitrack.
Like i said, i'd be happy to try! I recommend having drums programmed out as backup in case I don't cut it.

Here's to the start of a beautiful friendship.

Quote by Ometh
Now for something more serious: should I make the collab thread in the T&C section already, or does anyone have a problem with it?
I'll link it afterwards of course, and I would make the rules clear and shiz.

Noone answered me
Quote by slapsymcdougal
Quote by hriday_hazarika
If the collab's gonna be for this album, I have no problem with you doing your planning here itself.

Hmm okay.
In that case I'm gonna share some ideas I've never been able to continue, and maybe we can modify them and put them to good use
Quote by slapsymcdougal
I want in a lot. I tried for the second or third album, but I screwed up. I have some tunes that I've been meaning to record.
I've decided that my signature is terrible. I'm open to suggestions.

Click me, or I'll die.

# Un-nominated in UG Top 100,
Quote by Ometh
Hmm okay.
In that case I'm gonna share some ideas I've never been able to continue, and maybe we can modify them and put them to good use

I'd be willing to write bass.

And I can play some simple guitar stuff.
Quote by hriday_hazarika
I'd be willing to write bass.

And I can play some simple guitar stuff.

I haven't played guitar in like a month.
I picked it up a few days ago just to tune it up, and while I played some warm up riffs my hands got all hot and hurty

EDIT: Ok, so here are the ideas I was tolkin' obeut.

lol is a soft little solo over a nice mellow progression, pretty much like the second half of You Feel Like Memories by Lantlôs.

eee is a bit more eerie and spooky, boo and stuff.

nice idea is just another postrockmetalblackmetalcan'treallytell idea I've had for a while and never managed to go anywhere with it.

new stuff is basically a Alcest rip off thingy.

postblackthingy is just as the title says. Not much black metal in it, methinks, but then I don't know much about black metal tbh.

postrocksong: it's supposed to have a shitload of delay, that would make the lead last for ages after it ended. I managed to do that in GP6, but you guise know GP5's limitations.

Listening to this tracks again make me thing that's maybe possible for me to write more Anedonia material withouth having to be completely ;_; and heartbroken.
Attachments:
ohai.zip
Quote by slapsymcdougal
Last edited by Ometh at Sep 18, 2012,
mmm, I like a bunch of those. Particularly niceidea and postrocksong.

I can only do guitar this time, but hopefully within the next few months I'll have my new guitar built - finally having a standard strat style guitar will be nice.
Quote by godisasniper
mmm, I like a bunch of those. Particularly niceidea and postrocksong.

I can only do guitar this time, but hopefully within the next few months I'll have my new guitar built - finally having a standard strat style guitar will be nice.

If you want to add anything to it, go ahead. That's why I posted these here
Quote by slapsymcdougal
Also, I want you guise to recommend some gewd post-black metal, so I can listen to it tomorrow to get the juices flowin'.
I already know Lantlôs, Alcest, Heretoir, Deafheaven, Circle Body Radiation. What the **** I just realized I only know and listen to these 4 PBM bands lol. Maybe I know more, I don't remember. I think I'm going insane
Quote by slapsymcdougal
Quote by Ometh
Also, I want you guise to recommend some gewd post-black metal, so I can listen to it tomorrow to get the juices flowin'.
I already know Lantlôs, Alcest, Heretoir, Deafheaven, Circle Body Radiation. What the **** I just realized I only know and listen to these 4 PBM bands lol. Maybe I know more, I don't remember. I think I'm going insane

Falloch, Les Discrets (not really post-black, but it's close enough), Dopamine

All three of these bands are what I'd call gewd. I think Dopamine might be my favorite of the group. Their music might be a tad bit difficult to find, though, since they're from goddamn China and about as obscure as it gets. Here's a song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uRpU2bunEe0