Page 5 of 20
Quote by hriday_hazarika
Well, I dunno if Jules is gonna arrange another UG Drone Album, so let's have some 雨 in UGPR5.

I really wanna do some twinkly guitar stuff.

Sweet.

What do you mean by 'twinkly guitar stuff'? Any examples?
Quote by ali.guitarkid7
Sweet.

What do you mean by 'twinkly guitar stuff'? Any examples?

Just cute little arpeggios on the higher strings, lol.

Also, I want you guise to recommend some gewd post-black metal, so I can listen to it tomorrow to get the juices flowin'.
I already know Lantlôs, Alcest, Heretoir, Deafheaven, Circle Body Radiation. What the **** I just realized I only know and listen to these 4 PBM bands lol. Maybe I know more, I don't remember. I think I'm going insane.

Checking out Ometh's files now.

As for recs, I'll just name some of the stuff that I've enjoyed listening to: Amesoeurs [Gas In Veins is my utmost favourite], Abigail William's latest album "Becoming", Agalloch, ColdWorld [This Empty Life is the perfect intro to this one-man project], DarkSpace, Drudkh, Fen, Forgotten Tomb [their album "Springtime Depression" is a masterpiece], Líam, Lunar Aurora, Make A Change... Kill Yourself [great name, I know], Mondstille [they often make use of acoustic guitars and violins], Mutyumu [perhaps the most eclectic of the bunch; I think they'd be a bit hit-or-miss for most, but I enjoy them], Ne Obliviscaris [these guys are active on UG; also use lots of acoustic instruments like Mondstille], Omega Centauri [thanks to EpiExplorer for posting that review], Weakling, and finally, Wolves In The Throne Room.

That should keep you occupied for a while.

There's also this compilation I found online called "The World Comes To An End In The End Of A Journey", which features Dopamine [the band that Kitten mentioned] along with Ethereal Beauty, Shyy, Heretoir, Soliness, and Dernier Martyr. Quite an enjoyable listen.

Most of these bands aren't strictly post-black metal, but they all have elements of atmosphere and black metal.

And, of course, you should listen to the post-rock/post-metal greats too. Actually, try listening to all kinds of atmospheric music, be it doom or pop or this or that.
Last edited by hriday_hazarika at Sep 18, 2012,
Oh man how could I forget Amesoeurs...

Also, like Hriday said, check out Ne Obliviscaris. They aren't really post-black, but they're the best metal band I've heard in a looooooong time.
i'll recomend this http://music.xbalanke.com/album/iridio...
thyre from where i live, hugely influenced by previously mentioned drudukh and other music and i know the bassist, they've invited me to jam various times but i've never had the time
hahahaha I got my my facebook page update for Mimic the French and in the last week the weekly reach has gone up 10,000% thanks to UGPR4.
Holy shit so much rec!
I think I have stuff to listen to until like the end of the year lol.
Quote by slapsymcdougal
I'm cockblocked regularly by my appearance and personality.
Quote by phayzze
Excuse me for not reading the whole thread, but can we still still submit songs for this?

Yeah, you can; we just started this a few days back.

Please remove your smile.dog avatar.
Quote by phayzze
Excuse me for not reading the whole thread, but can we still still submit songs for this?

This the planning thread for the fifth album: the current release thread is from the fourth.
Yes you can submit a song, and/or help out in the collab track
EDIT: Fuuuuck
Actually I kind of like his avatar. The pic that tiny looks like a mangled dog face, pretty br00tuhl if you ask me
Quote by slapsymcdougal
Last edited by Ometh at Sep 19, 2012,
Quote by phayzze
Alright, I'll hopefully have a song for you guys this weekend.

Hazarika, why? You don't like dogs?

I love dogs, which makes it all the more scarier.
I'm on the toiled atm, and then I'm gonna have to go out for a bit, but I was thinking about rerecording the Oblivious song with the production values of the Brutal deathgrind song on my profile: what do you guys think?
I'd probably cut a bit on the bass and gain, but I would keep the drum tones from that song.
Quote by slapsymcdougal
Quote by hriday_hazarika
Can't listen to anything heavy right now, because I'm enjoying this like there's no tomorrow.

But I wanna know if it's a good idea
The song is like 2 minutes long, and you don't even need to listen to half of it.
Quote by slapsymcdougal
Gonna pick the guitar up and try to rerecord the song in a few hours.
Wish me luck, since I haven't played guitar in a month
EDIT: Anyone good with synths wants to gimme me a hand?
Quote by slapsymcdougal
Quote by Ometh

What kind of sound are you looking for?
Quote by phayzze
What kind of sound are you looking for?

A epic choir kind of sound.
This song was supposed to have a keyboards in a part, but due to time restraints I replaced with witha guitar lead. I wanted to have them both lolz.
Do you have GP6? pleasesayyespleasesayyespleasesayyes
EDIT: I dind't mean tone wise , I meant actually recording.
I'm an idiot lol, sry.
Quote by slapsymcdougal
Quote by Ometh
A epic choir kind of sound.
This song was supposed to have a keyboards in a part, but due to time restraints I replaced with witha guitar lead. I wanted to have them both lolz.
Do you have GP6? pleasesayyespleasesayyespleasesayyes

Unfortunately, I do not. Also unfortunate, epic choir is one of the few things my keyboard is not so good at.
Quote by phayzze
Unfortunately, I do not. Also unfortunate, epic choir is one of the few things my keyboard is not so good at.

And VST wise, anything?
Quote by slapsymcdougal
Quote by Ometh
And VST wise, anything?

Nope, I'm old-school. I record keyboards directly into Reaper or Audacity and guitars with a mic in front of the amp.
Quote by Ometh

How are you doing your recording? Your song oblivion sounds pretty good
God darnet I can't play shit.
Quote by slapsymcdougal
Quote by Ometh

There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Quote by theogonia777

do you havey gp6?

I'm struggling to play songs that i've learned months ago
Quote by slapsymcdougal
Quote by LastBaron
How are you doing your recording? Your song oblivion sounds pretty good

I'm using a Behringer guitar to usb thingy and GR4. I don't really like the guitar tone tbh, I want it to be a massive wall of sound. Don't really know how I'm going to do that too, I was thinking about recording 4 guitar tracks maybe.
Quote by slapsymcdougal
I can do choir tracks in Logic. They sound pretty good, not too artificial.
OUT OF ORDER
Quote by godisasniper
When I need to get an epic choir sound I usually just do 50 vocal tracks

Yeah, but i can't sing so that's out of the question.
Since both theogonia777 and loose bowels can do the choir tracks, you should fight to death to see who gets it ololololo
But seriously, I'm gonna post the melody thingy that I want in GP5 form, so you both can have a go at it
Quote by slapsymcdougal
Quote by LastBaron
I demo'd a track im working on for this, in my profile. The vocals are kind of a mess as I just made the melody yesterday and the harmonies on the spot. The final track would be with electric not acoustic

What kinda sound are you planning to have on the electric?

I think a fuzzy sound with reverb in the vein of My Bloody Valentine would be great for this, since you're gonna do vocals too.
^ Yep that's basically what I plan on doing, probably with some clean leads to go over it. And ya the vocals will be a lot better next time haha. I'll probably change up the first bits of the song as well, the ending is tha main thing I want to stick around