Page 4 of 44
Quote by Rockford_rocks
Good. This I can agree with. Although I haven't had much experience with Habs fans other than on here.

That's because you are American. Habs fans are the worst. Imagine Leafs fans, but with something legitimate to be arrogant about in the last fifty years. Then make them french. Crazier too. Crazier than Leafs fans for fucks sakes man. Do you realise how crazy that is?
Quote by Thrashtastic15
It was still funny. Colton Orr should punch you in the face.
Bad news for Colton, with NHLers going to the AHL he might be demoted to a frozen pond league
Without a good harmonic knowledge, one cannot expect to become a great jazz soloist ~ Horace Silver

Quote by dietermoreno
Is it possible for 6 string guitar to tune lower than drop C and scales still work?
Quote by marc137
Bad news for Colton, with NHLers going to the AHL he might be demoted to a frozen pond league

I'd imagine it's not going to go over too well having him running around beating up little kids playing hockey on the frozen over creek or in some anonymous backyard rink.
Quote by Thrashtastic15
That's because you are American. Habs fans are the worst. Imagine Leafs fans, but with something legitimate to be arrogant about in the last fifty years. Then make them french. Crazier too. Crazier than Leafs fans for fucks sakes man. Do you realise how crazy that is?

Sounds pretty terrible. I've always hated the entitled attitude in sports fans in general (aka, Wings fans), so I can see why that would piss me off.

Broons fans just make me laugh. They try to be arrogant but just come off as uneducated. Probably because I should just remove the "come off as" and add an "are" to that last sentence.
Last edited by Rockford_rocks at Sep 19, 2012,
Quote by Thrashtastic15
I'd imagine it's not going to go over too well having him running around beating up little kids playing hockey on the frozen over creek or in some anonymous backyard rink.

I just shed a tear for this beautiful Canadian patriotism
Without a good harmonic knowledge, one cannot expect to become a great jazz soloist ~ Horace Silver

Quote by dietermoreno
Is it possible for 6 string guitar to tune lower than drop C and scales still work?
Quote by Rockford_rocks
Sounds pretty terrible. I've always hated the entitled attitude in sports fans in general (aka, Wings fans), so I can see why that would piss me off.

Broons fans just make me laugh. They try to be arrogant but just come off as uneducated. Probably because I should just remove the "come off as" and add an "are" to that last sentence.

The only retorts I seem to be able to find when I get into a debate with a Bruins fan in real life are either "we won the cup" or "Red Sox!!111!!".
Orr would and has rocked Janssen.
Also hey the Rangers have the talent to win a cup. Atleast by the time The Leafs are good again the lockout will be over. NHL wasting Henrik Lundqvist prime years.

Is it just Pittsburghers who put Lemieux and Gretzky as 2A and 2B behind Orr? Statistically Gretzky runs away with it, but I think Lemieux was a lot more physically talented. Only played 900-some games though
DOESN'T REALLY CARE ABOUT RON WILSON
Quote by TDS

Is it just Pittsburghers who put Lemieux and Gretzky as 2A and 2B behind Orr? Statistically Gretzky runs away with it, but I think Lemieux was a lot more physically talented. Only played 900-some games though

i'm not from pittsburgh and i'd put lemieux over gretzky

900 games, ****-tonne of injuries and for the majority of his career he had a shitty supporting cast but despite all that he still put up amazing numbers, defeated cancer and basically saved the pittsburgh franchise. put him on the oilers instead of gretzky and i'd say his point totals would overtake wayne's.. but that's just my opinion

Quote by Rockford_rocks
Good. This I can agree with. Although I haven't had much experience with Habs fans other than on here.

Hey

But I do agree, some Hab fans are absolutely unbearable. But that is what you get when you have a large fanbase. Many fans=higher probability of assholes. It's the same with Leaf fans.
Quote by Ichikurosaki
sloth is hacking away feebly at the grass because he is a sloth but he was trying so hard ;_; hes all "penguin im HERE i am here to help you penguin"
the hab fans i know are all cool
the wing fans i know (a lot) aren't

Quote by Demon Wolf
Hey

But I do agree, some Hab fans are absolutely unbearable. But that is what you get when you have a large fanbase. Many fans=higher probability of assholes. It's the same with Leaf fans.

And it's been made so very much worse with the internet, if you ever want a laugh just look up this twitter account after a Leafs loss: @AskBrianBurke

as a Leafs fans nothing makes me cringe more than the retards who tweet at the GM post game offering their expert opinions
I used to be a goddamn saint. I said my prayers and handled snakes until the road introduced me to sin. I only shook hands with drink but he had friends with him
Quote by Thrashtastic15
The only retorts I seem to be able to find when I get into a debate with a Bruins fan in real life are either "we won the cup" or "Red Sox!!111!!".

there are no such things as patriot fans, bruins fans, or celtics fans. only red sox fans who are bored and see some other team nearby is doing really well
Quote by TDS

I'm not sure if it made it into my post (wrote it twice cuz comp decided to restart), but my rationale for Orr >>>> Gretzky is partially that Lemieux was his peer. Orr had no peers. Gretzky had peers. I put Gretzky ahead of Lemieux though.
so what ever happened to good ol' ronny?

Quote by Thrashtastic15
I'm not sure if it made it into my post (wrote it twice cuz comp decided to restart), but my rationale for Orr >>>> Gretzky is partially that Lemieux was his peer. Orr had no peers. Gretzky had peers. I put Gretzky ahead of Lemieux though.

Late chime in here, but I also see Orr as the greatest of all time. He not only revolutionized the defensive position, but the game itself. There has been and will probably never be a D-man who can recreate the way he played, my personal opinion is that Paul Coffey is the only player who even came relatively close to resembling him with the free-flowing skating style, offensive skill and ability to end-to-end rush time and time again. It's such a shame how early his career ended, but unfortunately the way he played destroyed his knee.

1) Orr
2) Lemieux
3) Gretzky

I know it's a bias because he was a Penguin, but I fully believe that a healthy Lemieux would have equaled or passed Gretzky on a lot of his records.
Quote by sharpshootr55
Late chime in here, but I also see Orr as the greatest of all time. He not only revolutionized the defensive position, but the game itself. There has been and will probably never be a D-man who can recreate the way he played, my personal opinion is that Paul Coffey is the only player who even came relatively close to resembling him with the free-flowing skating style, offensive skill and ability to end-to-end rush time and time again. It's such a shame how early his career ended, but unfortunately the way he played destroyed his knee.

1) Orr
2) Lemieux
3) Gretzky

I know it's a bias because he was a Penguin, but I fully believe that a healthy Lemieux would have equaled or passed Gretzky on a lot of his records.

this

i'm sort of confused as to what defensemen did exactly before Orr decided to skate the puck up the ice. stand there and make passes?
defend man

Quote by Unourrit01
i like the touch of it saying live on the bottom right. now if they only get rid of the bottom ticker

So Bettman is not collecting any salary during the duration of the lockout, same with Fehr.

Gogogogo
Quote by Ichikurosaki
sloth is hacking away feebly at the grass because he is a sloth but he was trying so hard ;_; hes all "penguin im HERE i am here to help you penguin"
Quote by MinterMan22
the hab fans i know are all cool
the wing fans i know (a lot) aren't

I'm really glad to hear it's not just me now. Can anyone explain to me this ****ing stupid irrational hatred of the Pens they all have? They don't even give a shit about any other team in their division or any other games the Wings play. If they beat the Pens, best day ever.

Last year in the playoffs a group of Wings fans posted a bunch of Flyers logos with Sid's face in the center all over a Pens fan friend of mine's door because the Pens were down 3-0. The sad part: the Wings exited the playoffs in the same amount of games. Maybe slightly funny? Sure. Stupid? Definitely.

THEY DON'T EVEN HATE THE PREDS (just Shea Weber because he's a cheater and made them lose that whole series).
Last edited by Rockford_rocks at Sep 20, 2012,
Quote by Rockford_rocks
I'm really glad to hear it's not just me now. Can anyone explain to me this ****ing stupid irrational hatred of the Pens they all have? They don't even give a shit about any other team in their division or any other games the Wings play. If they beat the Pens, best day ever.

Last year in the playoffs a group of Wings fans posted a bunch of Flyers logos with Sid's face in the center all over a Pens fan friend of mine's door because the Pens were down 3-0. The sad part: the Wings exited the playoffs in the same amount of games. Maybe slightly funny? Sure. Stupid? Definitely.

THEY DON'T EVEN HATE THE PREDS (just Shea Weber because he's a cheater and made them lose that whole series).

Fewer actually

Preds took it in 5, Pens rallied and had the series at 3-2 before the Flyers finished them off
I used to be a goddamn saint. I said my prayers and handled snakes until the road introduced me to sin. I only shook hands with drink but he had friends with him
I've revised my feels towards the wings from hatred to grudging respect. We both won cups on each other's home ice in back-to-back SCF's. That's pretty cool.
I hate the Wings.. It broke my heart when I was known around here as hockeytown for a week

I know that Wing fans won't think the same about Anaheim but to the Ducks, the Red Wings are their greatest rival. Any team that can get Datsyuk to fight twice must have something going for them. Whenever the two meet in the post-season, I jizz cause the games that they play are always gonna be amongst the best that year. Even though my team lost, 2009 will probably always be my favourite year in hockey in terms of the entertainment it gave. I can go along with respecting the Red Wings (minus Kronwall, Bertuzzi (****ing Burke) and now Jordan BitchBitch) but not so much their fan base.. Although if any fan base has the right to be arrogant, it's theirs.

Last edited by MinterMan22 at Sep 20, 2012,
Quote by TDS
I've revised my feels towards the wings from hatred to grudging respect. We both won cups on each other's home ice in back-to-back SCF's. That's pretty cool.

SEE

SEE THIS WINGS FANS

THIS IS WHAT YOU SHOULD DO

Seriously, I get it. You lost a Cup to Crosby and nothing could make you more mad. But guess what? You also took one away from him, so quit being butthurt over the best player in the league.

Quote by MinterMan22
I hate the Wings.. It broke my heart when I was known around here as hockeytown for a week

I know that Wing fans won't think the same about Anaheim but to the Ducks, the Red Wings are their greatest rival. Any team that can get Datsyuk to fight twice must have something going for them. Whenever the two meet in the post-season, I jizz cause the games that they play are always gonna be amongst the best that year. Even though my team lost, 2009 will probably always be my favourite year in hockey in terms of the entertainment it gave. I can go along with respecting the Red Wings (minus Kronwall, Bertuzzi (****ing Burke) and now Jordan BitchBitch) but not so much their fan base.. Although if any fan base has the right to be arrogant, it's theirs.

it's okay hockeytown.

I don't believe that people get the right to be arrogant over things their sports teams have done. You didn't ****ing do it, you just watched and maybe contributed some money to it. Celebrating and being happy is one thing, being a dick about it is another.
Quote by Rockford_rocks

it's okay hockeytown.

I don't believe that people get the right to be arrogant over things their sports teams have done. You didn't ****ing do it, you just watched and maybe contributed some money to it. Celebrating and being happy is one thing, being a dick about it is another.

Yeah, I agree entirely with that. It's even worse when it's a team that has like one Cup victory yet they still have fans with that mindset.. Cough cough Southern California.

^I'll give you Burnout Paradise, MSGIV, all Skate games and a t-shirt with Petr Sykora's face on it

Quote by Unourrit01
marty lets in 7 goals on 9 shots. trading this game in.

Do it. NHL 11 was the peak of the modern games, otherwise NHL 94 is the way to go.

Quote by MinterMan22

Yeah, I agree entirely with that. It's even worse when it's a team that has like one Cup victory yet they still have fans with that mindset.. Cough cough Southern California.

I give Kings fans the benefit of the doubt.

1. Their team took forever to win one
2. Californians are assholes anyway.
I was talking about the Ducks too

But yeah, Kings fans are dicks but I'm sure they'd say the same about Ducks fans.. And then there's Sharks fans. We can all just point and laugh.

edit: NHL 11 was my favourite too. I customized the shit out of it and once they released 12 and stopped updating the rosters, I just created all-time rosters for each team using the hidden players in the game like Forsberg, Federov, Kariya, Naslund etc.

Quote by Rockford_rocks
California in general makes me giggle.

I thought giggling from a Hawks fan at the expense of the Ducks was reserved to the yearly Black Friday special

I think you remember those games a lot more than I do. I just remember last year's comeback.

At least the lockout will give the Hawks yet another excuse on why their team wasn't good enough... OTHER THAN OUR GOALIES BLOW BALLS, BOWMAN