Hey folks, I'm looking for a software or app (free if possible) that would make you press a piano key corresponding to the note played by it, then of course telling you if you were right or wrong. Sort of like the exercises available on the ricci adam's music theory website, but for audio note identification, which it doesn't have .

I tried installing GNU solfege trainer and that sh*t didn't work.

Thank you for your answers
Google search "Anki", it's a flashcad memorisation tool thingy, learn a bit about the program. I'm not certain if you can create a 'deck' that plays audio clips instead of showing an image/text, but if it can do that then it could be ideal.
But boys will be boys and girls have those eyes
that'll cut you to ribbons, sometimes
and all you can do is just wait by the moon
and bleed if it's what she says you ought to do
You tried this; http://miles.be/ ?
@hydra: Oh yes I had that installed, I completely forgot that I had it lol. Thanks for reminding me that program is amazing.
uhm

a tuner can do in a pinch i guess
Quote by Kevätuhri
Hail isn't too edgy for posts, posts are not edgy enough for Hail.

Quote by UseYourThumb
You win. I'm done here.
Quote by WickedVictim
www.musictheory.net, your welcome.

He mentioned that site in the OP.
The human brain
Quote by AlanHB
It's the same as all other harmony. Surround yourself with skulls and candles if it helps.
Quote by :-D
ears

The only person in this thread that has any sense. Thank god.
Quote by mdc
The only person in this thread that has any sense. Thank god.

ears are the interface... the "program" is the human brain....

...I expect a full page apology in a major newspaper....

....or something in one of those celebrity gloss and glam magazines.... try and work in an angle where me and Jennifer Aniston are caught in a compromise situation. Angelina and Brad should be outraged and have accompanying photographs with "outraged" faces...
Quote by AlanHB
It's the same as all other harmony. Surround yourself with skulls and candles if it helps.
if you're asking for something that plays a note, and you need to guess what that note is purely based on that note, i can tell you that will never happen. You can't learn the perfect pitch, only :-D can have it.
Quote by 91RG350
ears are the interface... the "program" is the human brain....

...I expect a full page apology in a major newspaper....

....or something in one of those celebrity gloss and glam magazines.... try and work in an angle where me and Jennifer Aniston are caught in a compromise situation. Angelina and Brad should be outraged and have accompanying photographs with "outraged" faces...

If we're gonna play that game:

The human brain is the "cpu". The program itself is an abstract construct stored inside of the brain via memory. It exists as the electrical potential of various neurons.

Now I expect a full page retraction letter published in all major scientific journals up to and including National Geographic or Science Magazine, however I will accept it if I find it in next months Maxim.
I'm an
Engeneer
Enginear
Enginere

I'm Good at Math
Quote by J-Dawg158
If we're gonna play that game:

The human brain is the "cpu". The program itself is an abstract construct stored inside of the brain via memory. It exists as the electrical potential of various neurons.

Now I expect a full page retraction letter published in all major scientific journals up to and including National Geographic or Science Magazine, however I will accept it if I find it in next months Maxim.

Well...if we're gonna play that game...

The brain cant be the cpu AND and installed program as you are boldy declaring.... that sort of sweeping statement belongs on the NG Channel alongside Bear Grylls... rather than in the highly respected NG magazine.

A component of the brain would serve as the cpu, another component would be static storage (memory as we think of it in terms of the human brain rather than geek-land) and the activity of listening/recalling/transcribing would be a "volatile" run-time process

I just initiated a volatile run time process by opening the Maxim web site in another browser tab.... and now Ive lost my train of thought.....
Quote by AlanHB
what if you are brain
Quote by Kevätuhri
Hail isn't too edgy for posts, posts are not edgy enough for Hail.

Quote by UseYourThumb
You win. I'm done here.
Quote by 91RG350
Well...if we're gonna play that game...

The brain cant be the cpu AND and installed program as you are boldy declaring.... that sort of sweeping statement belongs on the NG Channel alongside Bear Grylls... rather than in the highly respected NG magazine.

A component of the brain would serve as the cpu, another component would be static storage (memory as we think of it in terms of the human brain rather than geek-land) and the activity of listening/recalling/transcribing would be a "volatile" run-time process

I just initiated a volatile run time process by opening the Maxim web site in another browser tab.... and now Ive lost my train of thought.....

You misunderstand my point. The program is an abstract(like an idea), not the brain itself.

Although now I just realized that we are probably on seperate pages. If you referred to "brain" as the mind in your initial post and not your physical brain, then I agree with you.
I'm an
Engeneer
Enginear
Enginere

I'm Good at Math