Page 3 of 7
Is it worth submitting something that's just me and an acoustic guitar? Mind you my vocals aren't amazing so you might reject it
Quote by JayCartay
Is it worth submitting something that's just me and an acoustic guitar? Mind you my vocals aren't amazing so you might reject it

Yeah, that works. I mean, that's what most submissions will be (Unless everyone goes all out, which would be a pleasant surprise.)
It's just going to be vocals and guitars on mine. I don't like to go all out on my songs because I want to be able to perform them live.
Quote by chaoticfables
Do programmed drums count as acoustic?

Got pots and pans, or shakers, or tambourine? The drumming for Ramble On sounds like it's played on a pad for parts of the song. Be creative. I mean, worst case scenario use something very, very, very, very light. I'm probably gonna grab a tamb and a bucket for mine.

EDIT: Actually, I used my guitar for percussion in a cover, just don't break anything.

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/6226271/Pre-Mixes%20and%20Public%20Songs/Vasoline%20No_Shake.mp3
Last edited by L2112Lif at Oct 10, 2012,
Well it only took five minutes and I was making a lot of progress.

It's very flamenco-ish now, which means I have to sing in Spanish. I'm not fluent though so I may just rip off Sigur Ros and sing in gibberish to avoid embarrassing mistakes in the lyrics.
I'm just doing my voice with a guitar and a guitar overdub. Mostly because my demo was recorded with my webcam mic and sounds like ass.
2013 #5 Uger
2012 #7 Uger

Quote by jetfuel495
Jesus, Horsedick, you are my hero

Quote by JayT44
don't worry guys his girlfriend is black, she said it was okay for him to say that.

Stalk Me

Shitty Covers

Original Music

Lastfm
Gonna have to wait until I'm home for winter break and actually have access to (relatively) proper recording gear.

I guess that gives me some time to write though.
Quote by Saint78
Just finished the instrumentation for my song. Is this acceptable?
http://soundcloud.com/saint78/pianos-and-stuff

What exactly is in there, and what's on the piano track?

Quote by Jon777
Gonna have to wait until I'm home for winter break and actually have access to (relatively) proper recording gear.

I guess that gives me some time to write though.

That's why I set the deadline waaay back there.
Last edited by L2112Lif at Oct 11, 2012,
Quote by L2112Lif
What exactly is in there, and what's on the piano track?

Just piano, my hand claps, and some strings.

Lots of reverb.
you're a stone fox
Quote by L2112Lif

Ah I thought that was so you'd have time to put my name on the list
So I got my song recorded, just a short one barely past the three minute mark, and it's only three tracks, vocal, guitar, banjo.

I might add some more later, maybe some banging pots or a hammer falling on an anvil, or maybe some lead. I assume the lead can be played with electric, or a distorted acoustic?

Anyway so I recorded it my Boss 16 track, which is ancient, and I was wondering what the next step would be. I mean I can burn a Cd, but what do most of you use to convert it to mp3, and where do I upload it after that?
"Pain or damage don't end the world nor despair, nor fuckin' beatings. The world ends when you're dead, until then you have more punishment in store. Stand it like a man, and give some back."
Quote by Toadvine
So I got my song recorded, just a short one barely past the three minute mark, and it's only three tracks, vocal, guitar, banjo.

I might add some more later, maybe some banging pots or a hammer falling on an anvil, or maybe some lead. I assume the lead can be played with electric, or a distorted acoustic?

Anyway so I recorded it my Boss 16 track, which is ancient, and I was wondering what the next step would be. I mean I can burn a Cd, but what do most of you use to convert it to mp3, and where do I upload it after that?

If it burns to CD you can convert it to MP3 format or you can just get it to me in WAV and I can do it.
Quote by slipknot5678
http://soundcloud.com/will-letcher/acoustic-song-intro

This is the intro section of the song I'm working on for this. It's pretty awful at the moment and not even on beat during a couple of small portions. It'll be way better when it's final though.

That sounds pretty good, yeah.
can i make the album art? i've got a couple ideas floatin' around

edit: Also, I had this idea for the acoustic covers II album that I was never able to fulfill. Basically, I can make a digital album booklet, like albums on iTunes come with if you purchase the whole thing. That'd require each contributor to send me a private message with whatever you want in it, such as who you are, your influences, what your original song is for, etc. Whatever they wanna say about themselves.
Just an idea, and it'd require all the contributors to pull off, but I think it'd be a great addition. I can also size the booklet and cover art so it all fits in a jewel case, for those that get ambitious and burn the album and want those too
twitter: @ljg35

Xbox Live (CoD MW3, Halo 4, NHL 13): ljg 01 Adler
Last edited by xX.SirenSong.Xx at Dec 14, 2012,
I'm in. All I have to do is record vocals and possibly trumpet and I'm done.

i would post the acoustic guitar but soundcloud is hating me tonight
Last edited by yoman297 at Dec 18, 2012,
well i just started writing mine

even though you never included me in the op

;_;
Okay, I've been off for a bit, so here goes.

1. Aww man, next time!

2. Def! Haven't gotten anything or anyone lined up for art, so that'd be great!

3. I'll listen to it as soon as I get back from work, I should be leaving now, but I have more stuff to respond to. Promise I'll give you some feedback too.

4. Can't wait to hear that trumpet, love the trumpet...

5.You're mixing and mastering now. Awesome, can't wait to hear the final product!

6. Will listen after work, feedback as well.

7. I'm sorry I didn't include you in the OP, I've been hella busy with a choral composition, work, classes, and finals... WILL UPDATE WHEN I RETURN!

8. See No. 5.

Sorry that was all so impersonal, I'LL CHECK BACK SOON.
Okay, here's the first draft of my song

i have a cold so my bad singing is even worse

https://soundcloud.com/shanema/the-end

no obscure instruments yet, just an acoustic and my failing vocal chords

EDIT: just listened to it again... there is some room for improvement on the vox. I'll get to that as soon as I can :P
Last edited by yoman297 at Dec 19, 2012,
Quote by yoman297
okay lif I'm in the process of re-recording the whole song (possibly just doing a different one)

That's cool, still haven't set a due-date. Thinking early February.

I'm battling a wrist injury that I got at work... Again... So I don't even know if I can contribute myself.
Quote by Michaelob
Bro I love this song lol. The nasal sound makes it

Thanks. I appreciate the feedback.
you're a stone fox
Just finished my initial songwriting.

Vocals and guitar done. I want to ideally get some drums in this, but it depends on whether or not I can find a way of recording them. Maybe some melodica as well, who knows.

Nate, I'm liking this.

Edit: It's good enough that it's made mine seem inadequate
Last edited by whoomit at Dec 29, 2012,