Page 1 of 49
ExDementia
UG Freak
891 IQ

Who's playing it?

My buddy and I stayed up until 3am playing coop after it dropped last night (my GF was pissed because I wouldn't come to bed). Holy shit, the first game was good, but this one is ****ing awesome! I like how it's much more focused on humor this time around as well.

The only thing I don't care for is the menu system, specifically the inventory screen. Why the hell won't it let me look at what I have equipped and what's in my inventory at the same time? Maybe it's just annoying for me since I'm playing it on PC and not console, which the menu screen was clearly designed for. Otherwise, trading and group management is much easier. It's incredibly easy to group up, where it was a bit of a hassle before.

So what'd you guys roll? So far, I think I really I'm really liking the Gunzerker. Good class to ease you back into it.

~~~~~~~~~~~
Questions about the game? Ask here!

Need more players for your team? Ask here!

Post your respective system's game ID and I'll add it here so we can get some UG games going!

Steam players:
Anthrax357m (ExDementia)
=(mm)= lushacrous -prpl leader- (Lushacrous)
Crunk_Captain (Captaincrunk)
br0seph_stalin (Stratman_13)
MetacarpiUG (Metacarpi)
electroacoustics (Våd Hamster)
Static-UG (Todd Hart)
i_am_not_jeremy (Jeremessmore)
Neer7 (Neer)
Quiltsocks (TheChaz)

Xbox players:
None given yet

PS3 players:
yellowfrizbee (yellowfrizbee)
xVCUxAssassin (Stratman_13)
ma_tt11 (ma_tt11)
rworsl (rworsl)

Want to share talent tree builds?

Stratman_13's Guide to Weapon Manufacturers
and Changes From BL1

Crunkcaptain's Guide to Scaling Difficulty in Single Player
))
Last edited by ExDementia at Sep 30, 2012,
metacarpi
Too old for this ****
895 IQ
Just working on getting a VPN up and running now so I don't have to wait until Friday to play!
Quote by GLP_Arclite
Pooping is well good though, to be fair.

I've got a handle on the fiction.

I'm losing my grip, 'cos I'm losing my fingers.
Todd Hart
Do Sadists go to Hell?
153 IQ
More like gayderlands poo.

amirite
...Stapling helium to penguins since 1949.
ExDementia
UG Freak
891 IQ
Quote by metacarpi
Just working on getting a VPN up and running now so I don't have to wait until Friday to play!

Man, I hate staggered releases. I got lucky that the drop in the US was east coast time, so I it was available to play at 9 over here on the west coast.

Does that make you feel better?
stratman_13
666lb bongsession
2,002 IQ
Damnit I wanted to make this thread .

Zero is ****ing sweet though. Awesome class. Loving the mix of long range and stealth.
--

How do you say "I'm okay" to an answering machine?

--
WCPhils
UnBanned
731 IQ
Zeeeerrrrrrooooooo!!!!
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
iHurricaneGTR
Big Gumbo Jones
70 IQ
Picking it up today after school. Gonna be awesome.
Also getting myself of SD2.0
You dirty piece of shit, you.

Quote by FireFromTheVoid
I smoked weed with my mom once.
It was the weirdest moment of my life, and I`ve been caught with my dick in my hand, by my brother, with a giant close up of a dudes face on the tv.

Twatter
metacarpi
Too old for this ****
895 IQ
Man, I'm loving it so far, playingas Maya 'cos I figure everyone's going Zer0, but I'll be swapping over to Mechromancer when it becomes available.

One thing I am worried about is that I'm experiencing framerate drops like nobodies business when shit gets busy. Here's my rig:

3.0 GHz processor
16Gb RAM
3Gb AMD Radeon 7950

Surely my system should smash it?
Quote by GLP_Arclite

ExDementia
UG Freak
891 IQ
Quote by metacarpi

One thing I am worried about is that I'm experiencing framerate drops like nobodies business when shit gets busy. Here's my rig:

3.0 GHz processor
16Gb RAM
3Gb AMD Radeon 7950

Maybe a driver issue? I ran it last nigh with a 2.4Ghz CoreDuo, 2Gb RAM, and a 1Gb 540GT card and Vista . It was perfectly smooth on medium. I was really surprised.
BurningStarlV
UG's Procrasturbator
102 IQ
Got the game today and only got to play for about half an hour. Fucking classes taking up all my Borderlands time. I'm playing as Zero because I loved Mordecai in BL1. It's too early to really judge, but it's fun so far.
lushacrous
drunkacrous
190 IQ
My steam name is lushacrous (technically the full name as it is right now is "=(mm)= lushacrous -prpl leader-"

I'm gonna be playing crazy amounts from now until the unforeseeable future. Add me and I'll be happy to play with you.
R.I.P. M.C.A.
Tweet at me bro
lushacrous loves you
Quote by blake1221
Don't be ludicrous, lushacrous.
Quote by Gunpowder
that joke regarding your username was NOT originally posted by blake1221. That was a Gunpowder original.

I INVOKE SOPA TO SMITE YE FOR THIS FALSEHOOD.
Xiaoxi
Registered Luser
2,744 IQ
For some reason I thought Borderlands was a TV show.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
ExDementia
UG Freak
891 IQ
Does anyone else sometimes wish they would give you slightly fewer weapons? It feels like I just barely get a sweet new gun and I'm already replacing it. It will probably slow down as I get higher in level, but that did annoy me a little bit in the first one.

Quote by Xiaoxi
For some reason I thought Borderlands was a TV show.

That would be an awesome show.
WCPhils
UnBanned
731 IQ
My brothers just bought the game and are playing it without me.

___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Bob_Sacamano
UG Board King
238 IQ
Looks like my brother's buying it on Steam which means I'll have access to it soon. (I'm pitching in a bit) Wasn't crazy excited about it or anything but cool anyway.
JackalUK
979 IQ
Quote by metacarpi
Man, I'm loving it so far, playingas Maya 'cos I figure everyone's going Zer0, but I'll be swapping over to Mechromancer when it becomes available.

3.0 GHz processor
16Gb RAM
3Gb AMD Radeon 7950

Happened to me as well, I turned the AA down a little and made sure physX was on it's lowest setting and it runs like a charm now.
WCPhils
UnBanned
731 IQ
Quote by BurningStarlV
Kill your brothers.

There both bigger than me.
___

Quote by The_Blode
Primus2112
whatever you say "Mor-ty"
915 IQ
you know what

i did not like the first one at all

i got it, it was cool for a few hours, but then it was just boring

but this looks fucking awesome
Quote by raoooos
slipknot are actually just terrible, they're such a "holy shit i'm 14" kind of band. like fuck off mum i'm not going to school i have to clear the stone of leaves.
stratman_13
666lb bongsession
2,002 IQ
I will add everyone when I get off work. I've only played like 30 minutes. .

Zer0 to me just had the most interesting skill paths
--

--
metacarpi
Too old for this ****
895 IQ
Quote by JackalUK
Happened to me as well, I turned the AA down a little and made sure physX was on it's lowest setting and it runs like a charm now.

That's what I did, but I think I dialled down a few other options just to make sure. I'll crank 'em back up and see what happens. If it's stuttering and what have you I'm going to be pissed.
Quote by GLP_Arclite

R. Shackleford.
The North Remembers
53 IQ
Awesome game is awesome. Playing as Zer0 currently level 12 gonna go for stealth and melee skill tree since that one seems the most badass. The last skill on the right is to deploy another hologram and add time to your invisibilty after killing an enemy with melee which can be repeated as many times as there are enemies to kill. Combine that with the skill that makes all your holograms explode and deal shock damage after coming out of stealth and I'll be taking out entire enemy camps without ever being seen.
Quote by Scruff17
Kiss a guy and tell her it means nothing to you. Then die a little inside knowing that it did.

Flippin Tables
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

PSN: Chuche_02
yellowfrizbee
UG's Conversation Analyst
362 IQ
Just got done playing it for nearly 5 hours straight with my best friend ! Good ol classic couch co-op style. Way too god damn fun. Im the Commando class
YELLOWFRIZBEE s FreezerBurn

Stepco's Master
|MakinLattes for President!|PSN=yellowfrizbee| + UG Community Radio|
metacarpi
Too old for this ****
895 IQ
I played a bit of Coop last night with Jackal UK - it was a little stuttery but that's probably because we're both playing through VPN's in order to actually be able to play it!
Quote by GLP_Arclite

JackalUK
979 IQ
I forgot about that after I exited and was wondering why youtube was slow as shit. Once I sorted the fps dump from too much shit going on with FULL GRAPHICS OVERLOAD problem it ran ok apart from the occasional lag jump here and there. Should be sweet on friday when I can play it normally.
stratman_13
666lb bongsession
2,002 IQ
SO MUCH LAG ON CONSOLE CO-OP WITH A BUNCH OF CRAP ON THE SCREEN. Holy crap. I can't even believe it. Game like literally froze-chug with 8 bullymongs on screen.... How did I ever play on consoles.

Also I officially cannot aim with a controller anymore
--

--
stratman_13
666lb bongsession
2,002 IQ
The ones me and my friend got from Hammerlock lasted us until level 12 or so.

I'm still only a level 3 on my real game on my computer.... I need to play it but I'm just gonna wait till I'm done with class today because otherwise I'lljust start playing and skip it. Definitely playing until 4 when I get home though

Is it just me or are sniper rifles really scarce this go round?
--

--
institutions
TUNNEL SNAKES RULE
95 IQ
Got it yesterday and my cousin and I co-op'd for 6.5 hours.

I'm a level 12 Siren atm and I gotta say, this game is so much better than the first already.

Really love so many things about it. The new minimap, the bigger variation in gun aesthetics, dat tediore exploding reloading throwing thing, the new enemies with more advanced AI, etc.

So good.
ExDementia
UG Freak
891 IQ
Quote by stratman_13
SO MUCH LAG ON CONSOLE CO-OP WITH A BUNCH OF CRAP ON THE SCREEN. Holy crap. I can't even believe it. Game like literally froze-chug with 8 bullymongs on screen.... How did I ever play on consoles.

Also I officially cannot aim with a controller anymore

Damn. I'm glad I got it for PC then. I'm only just above the minimum requirements and I can run it maxed @ 1080p. I'm really impressed, I thought I was going to have to play it on low settings like I have to do with Tribes Ascend.
Todd Hart
Do Sadists go to Hell?
153 IQ
*sits around twiddling thumbs till UK release*

**** you guys!

Edit: Why does everyone like Zero? He looks queer. It's like Mordecai in the first game; for some reason everyone loved to play the character with a gimp mask.
...Stapling helium to penguins since 1949.
Last edited by Todd Hart at Sep 19, 2012,
edgeyyz
I take out the trash
893 IQ
Quote by institutions
minimap

So good.

Yes. My biggest gripe with the first game was constantly having to open the menu to check the map, this makes everything flow better. I'm Zer0, level 12 right now, and loving his skillz.
stratman_13
666lb bongsession
2,002 IQ
Quote by WhiskeyFace
Hasn't come out here yet.

I was the most badass Siren of all time in the first game but they seem to have weakened this one quite a bit. I'll probably still go Siren (because my friend is picking Zer0) but I hope she's not shit

Maya and Phase lock are actually ridiculously useful. They did some major balancing between classes this time. Maya and Zer0 also work super well together.

Boss fight? Phase lock boss for a few seconds, wipe out some distracting minions while your high crit (as Zer0) friend does work on the boss. When phase lock is up, friend uses Zer0s hologram to distract and deal damage while he back stabs a few guys and Maya goes to town on boss. Since she's faster she can keep him moving until she can phase lock again.

Rinse and repeat. Ridiculously powerful combo right there.

But the balancing is what makes it so good this time around. You don't have one supremely OP class dominating everything like in Borderlands1 (I'm looking at you Lilith ). They all mesh very well and are all capable of contributing equally.

ExDementia: Yeah PC is definitely the way to go. No questions. I didn't even consider it on console . Noe if only Naughty Dog would put Uncharted on the PC.... Dat engine on a great gpu
--

--
Last edited by stratman_13 at Sep 19, 2012,
ExDementia
UG Freak
891 IQ
Quote by Todd Hart

Edit: Why does everyone like Zero? He looks queer. It's like Mordecai in the first game; for some reason everyone loved to play the character with a gimp mask.

Who cares what he looks like. How often do you see your own character? It's about his specialty. That's what everyone wants.
stratman_13
666lb bongsession
2,002 IQ
Because its finally a useful assassin class? Mordecai was my favorite in Borderlands 1 for two reasons:
1) Dropping an enemey from hundreds if yards away and watching his head explode never gets old
2) Trespass was the most useful skill EVER for combat. Seriously. Bullets ignore 100% of shields? Yes please.

Everything else about the class aside from the revolver specialties though was a joke. Now the people who like stealth and assassin character types actually have a useful skill tree to build off of instead of two or three perks.Sure a lot of people are using him because he looks cool but some of us are actually glad we have a useful long range and stealth/meelee tree that's able to contribute to the team.
--

--