Page 2 of 49
Quote by stratman_13
SO MUCH LAG ON CONSOLE CO-OP WITH A BUNCH OF CRAP ON THE SCREEN. Holy crap. I can't even believe it. Game like literally froze-chug with 8 bullymongs on screen.... How did I ever play on consoles.

Also I officially cannot aim with a controller anymore

Playing it on Xbox Co-Op and the frame rate is fine no matter what's going on on screen.
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Quote by stratman_13
Because its finally a useful assassin class? Mordecai was my favorite in Borderlands 1 for two reasons:
1) Dropping an enemey from hundreds if yards away and watching his head explode never gets old
2) Trespass was the most useful skill EVER for combat. Seriously. Bullets ignore 100% of shields? Yes please.

Everything else about the class aside from the revolver specialties though was a joke. Now the people who like stealth and assassin character types actually have a useful skill tree to build off of instead of two or three perks.Sure a lot of people are using him because he looks cool but some of us are actually glad we have a useful long range and stealth/meelee tree that's able to contribute to the team.

I'm actually seriously disappointed that heads don't explode when you shoot them with sniper rifles in BL2. I mean, why would they take that out?!

Quote by Todd Hart
*sits around twiddling thumbs till UK release*

**** you guys!

Edit: Why does everyone like Zero? He looks queer. It's like Mordecai in the first game; for some reason everyone loved to play the character with a gimp mask.

You look queer.
Last edited by BurningStarlV at Sep 19, 2012,
Quote by ExDementia
Who cares what he looks like. How often do you see your own character? It's about his specialty. That's what everyone wants.

Mhmm, I've always found the character to be one of the most important bits in RPGs.

Plus I hate sniping in RPGs, I've always found it painfully tedious - I mean with stealth and good sniping you can't really lose.

Edit: btw, who actually has this on PC? Perhaps TS could update the OP with people's details?
...Stapling helium to penguins since 1949.
Last edited by Todd Hart at Sep 19, 2012,
Quote by stratman_13
Because its finally a useful assassin class? Mordecai was my favorite in Borderlands 1 for two reasons:
1) Dropping an enemey from hundreds if yards away and watching his head explode never gets old
2) Trespass was the most useful skill EVER for combat. Seriously. Bullets ignore 100% of shields? Yes please.

Everything else about the class aside from the revolver specialties though was a joke. Now the people who like stealth and assassin character types actually have a useful skill tree to build off of instead of two or three perks.Sure a lot of people are using him because he looks cool but some of us are actually glad we have a useful long range and stealth/meelee tree that's able to contribute to the team.

WHAT!?!?

Bloodwing was a ****ing beast!
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
My commando is level 10 at the moment. I havent been able to play since the last time though because of classes and what not and I probably wont be able to play again until this weekend.

Absolutely loving this game though, not that im surprised in the least

Quote by institutions
Got it yesterday and my cousin and I co-op'd for 6.5 hours.

I'm a level 12 Siren atm and I gotta say, this game is so much better than the first already.

Really love so many things about it. The new minimap, the bigger variation in gun aesthetics, dat tediore exploding reloading throwing thing, the new enemies with more advanced AI, etc.

So good.

Dont forget the deeper customization from the first. Dressing my character up to look fabulous~

No seriously. I spend too much time in that. I am such a woman.

Ok but for real lyke srsly tho.. WHERE THE **** DID MY HEALING BULLETS OF AWESOME GO? I couldnt find it this time in the skill tree. I..I need to be a medic
YELLOWFRIZBEE s FreezerBurn

Stepco's Master
|Colowomble 2016|PSN=yellowfrizbee| + UG Community Radio|
Maya is the new healer .

And I don't know why they took out heads exploding, I was severely disappointed.

I have it on PC

I never really enjoyed Bloodwing. Never built a Rogue.... Like I said Trespass was just too useful . But really I never cared for Bloodwing.

EDIT: dude fabulous looking characters is part of the magic
--

How do you say "I'm okay" to an answering machine?

--
Last edited by stratman_13 at Sep 19, 2012,
Quote by stratman_13
Maya is the new healer .

And I don't know why they took out heads exploding, I was severely disappointed.

I have it on PC

I never really enjoyed Bloodwing. Never built a Rogue.... Like I said Trespass was just too useful . But really I never cared for Bloodwing.

If you maxed out all of his stats he was very very good. Trespass was cool too when I switched all of my stats over once or twice. I loved Bloodwing because my brother had a ****ing nasty Siren class (Seriously, we were both over level 50 and he had a SMG that was as powerful as my sniper O.o Goddamn that gun was good) and Bloodwing would steel all of his kills.
___

Quote by The_Blode
My Mordecai was a 69 and had a Jakobs Bessie.

I didn't need no stinkin' Bloodwing .

My friend Calum was a 69 Soldier and my friend Tanner was a 69 Siren. We ran shit.
--

--
Quote by stratman_13
My Mordecai was a 69 and had a Jakobs Bessie.

I didn't need no stinkin' Bloodwing .

My friend Calum was a 69 Soldier and my friend Tanner was a 69 Siren. We ran shit.

I think me and my brother stopped at 63 or 64. I know we beat Cramarax and never really went back. I think we actually did everything in the game on both playthroughs except beating Cramarax again.

Should go back and do that....
___

Quote by The_Blode
I didn't ever get any of the DLC for Borderlands 1.
Well, I have them all on PC, but I didn't play it on PC much.
I did a few playthroughs on 360 tho.

Also, what badass rank is everyone?
I'm about to hit level 14 and i've just got badass rank 290.
Quote by WCPhils
I think me and my brother stopped at 63 or 64. I know we beat Cramarax and never really went back. I think we actually did everything in the game on both playthroughs except beating Cramarax again.

Should go back and do that....

Crawermax was really annoying as Mordecai.... Loved farming him but it was really annoying.

Can't wait until class gets out so I can grab my new keyboard and play borderlands all night.
--

--
Quote by institutions
Also, what badass rank is everyone?
I'm about to hit level 14 and i've just got badass rank 290.

I'm just about level 15, badass rank 440.
Rolling as zer0; I fucking loved how BL1 made the Hunter class feel like a relevant sniper class. I have not had that much fun scoping being a sneaky sniper since...ever, and the assassin seems the closest to that.

So; after reading this thread a bit more, it seems to me that everyone here seems to like the game for the same reasons I do; the sniper class.

And that class, to me, is what separates this series from any other FPS. Honestly, the classes that focus on dual wielding rifles and shooting MAXIMUM BULLETS do not appeal to me at all, and it seems to be the case for a lot of you, too.
Quote by element4433
One time I watched a dog lick his own dick for twenty minutes.

Quote by Seref
My genitals dangle limply in disgust and annoyance.
Last edited by METAL_MAN135 at Sep 19, 2012,
Quote by captaincrunk
i connected my ps3 controller to the PC to try it out and the look rotation is just too slow compared to what i can do with a mouse

Can't you just turn the sensitivity up?

I do that with basically every shooter on the Xbox and PS3
___

Quote by The_Blode
Quote by captaincrunk
No, there's no setting for that that I can find

Ah, well then. :/
___

Quote by The_Blode
goddamn it

i was going to play tonight but i got sidetracked

and after reading this it sounds like there's just going to be a bunch of zeros fucking around online

I WAS GOING TO BE ZERO, FUCKING PICK ANOTHER CLASS
~don't finkdinkle when ur supposed to be dimpdickin~
In 7 minutes this game will be installed on my PC.
My steam name is the same as my UG name.
Lookin for the players hit me up boyzz
Call me Skeletor
>7 minutes
>steam

haaaaaaaa
<buyed that game on the disks in a real store
><>Steam authentifys me
<<>15 minute install nigga
Call me Skeletor
Quote by faithsomemore
<buyed that game on the disks in a real store
><>Steam authentifys me
<<>15 minute install nigga

sure bud

see you friday
Quote by jeremessmore
Is anyone else noticing a serious lack of SMG's throughout the game? I'm only like, level 11 and maybe 4 or 5 hours in and haven't seen a single one.

took me ages to get one but then they show up more. same with sniper rifles
Quote by jeremessmore
Is anyone else noticing a serious lack of SMG's throughout the game? I'm only like, level 11 and maybe 4 or 5 hours in and haven't seen a single one.

Yea, I didn't get one until level 12
___

Quote by The_Blode
Awesome game so far. I haven't had enough time to put into it, so I'm sitting at level 8 in the Sanctuary. I'm not sure if I like the weapon load out screen too much. It feels weird (not bad, just out of place).

Spoiler:

Right about here, in the quote:

Quote by This is the spoiler. Seriously, if you read this after all those warnings, don't blame me

Also, the stupid boat to Sanctuary glitched on me. I saved and exited when I got to it instead of taking it to Sanctuary. When I loaded that game back up, I was put next to Sir Hammerlock and had to fight past the enemies and Flynt (I think it was Flynt at least) again. Turns out, there was no more boat and the fast travel station pulled up nothing. Thankfully, I got back to the boat after I grouped up with a friend at Sanctuary. So that's a handy trick.

Amazing how a game can distract you, even when you're not playing it. Like now, instead of studying, I'm not even playing Borderlands 2, but I am talking about it.
Quote by bizkitday4eva
You know suicide is just as bad as killing yourself

Taco Man of the Jhonen Vasquez/Invader Zim Club. PM HolyWars90 to join
Finally got around to playing for a while; am now a level 11 Zer0 focusing mainly on Bloodshed and the damage/accuracy side of the Sniper tree.

Absolutely love it. And the new keyboard is fantastic.

EDIT:

Steam ID: br0seph_stalin Add me to the first post please

Really it's ROBO_NIX0N but for some reason nobody can ever find me by that. Weird that you have to search an account's original name; you'd think steam would change the indexed name with an ID change.

EDIT2: added CC lush and Dementia
--

--
Last edited by stratman_13 at Sep 20, 2012,
Quote by Primus2112
goddamn it

i was going to play tonight but i got sidetracked

and after reading this it sounds like there's just going to be a bunch of zeros fucking around online

I WAS GOING TO BE ZERO, FUCKING PICK ANOTHER CLASS

Well I mean with the specialties there's really 3 different Zer0s you can make...

Mine specializes in melee, with a little focus on revolvers and snipers. You can make one that's solely a sniper, one that's solely melee, one that's more team-oriented...

You wouldn't really think of Zer0 as team oriented but if you have say a Siren and Soldier distracting, you can enter Deception, and with the Backstab + Many Must Fall perks you can just lay waste to everything.
--

--
Quote by stratman_13
Well I mean with the specialties there's really 3 different Zer0s you can make...

Mine specializes in melee, with a little focus on revolvers and snipers. You can make one that's solely a sniper, one that's solely melee, one that's more team-oriented...

You wouldn't really think of Zer0 as team oriented but if you have say a Siren and Soldier distracting, you can enter Deception, and with the Backstab + Many Must Fall perks you can just lay waste to everything.

they're good for badasses and bosses and distraction and sneaky revival
Meeting the old Vault hunters this time round is awesome - has anyone else met Mordecai yet?

Quote by GLP_Arclite
Pooping is well good though, to be fair.

I've got a handle on the fiction.

I'm losing my grip, 'cos I'm losing my fingers.
Quote by captaincrunk
they're good for badasses and bosses and distraction and sneaky revival

they are, especially when Phaselock is involved.

The perk I'm working on now, increases my weapon damage with every melee hit and my melee damage with every weapon hit .

Carpi: I love meeting the old vault hunters! I think Mordecai is one of the last ones, with Brick being the last. That's my call at least. I only say so because you have to rescue Roland from the dam, which IIRC is in the non-snowy area. Mordecai, in the trailer, was seen in the desert/jungley area, so I'm assuming you meet up with him on the way or after Roland.

Also if you pay attention in the Hub in Sanctuary you can actually hear over the intercom Handsome Jack offering a reward for "the bandit known as... Brick. Seriously. Looks like he's eaten nothing but ground beef his whole life..."

EDIT: I like how they have Lilith's personality in this one. It's what I had kinda assumed it would be like.
--

--
Quote by stratman_13
they are, especially when Phaselock is involved.

The perk I'm working on now, increases my weapon damage with every melee hit and my melee damage with every weapon hit .

Carpi: I love meeting the old vault hunters! I think Mordecai is one of the last ones, with Brick being the last. That's my call at least. I only say so because you have to rescue Roland from the dam, which IIRC is in the non-snowy area. Mordecai, in the trailer, was seen in the desert/jungley area, so I'm assuming you meet up with him on the way or after Roland.

Also if you pay attention in the Hub in Sanctuary you can actually hear over the intercom Handsome Jack offering a reward for "the bandit known as... Brick. Seriously. Looks like he's eaten nothing but ground beef his whole life..."

EDIT: I like how they have Lilith's personality in this one. It's what I had kinda assumed it would be like.

You called correctly, Bricks the only one I've not seen so far.

I love Handsome Jack's lines, but I can't help but feel that they've based some of them a little too heavily on General Knoxx from the first one.

Strat: I've searched for both br0seph Stalin and ROBO_NIXON and you're not coming up for either.

TS: Add my steam to the OP - it's in my sig
Quote by GLP_Arclite

Last edited by metacarpi at Sep 20, 2012,
Quote by metacarpi
You called correctly, Bricks the only one I've not seen so far.

I love Handsome Jack's lines, but I can't help but feel that they've based some of them a little too heavily on General Knoxx from the first one.

Strat: I've searched for both br0seph Stalin and ROBO_NIXON and you're not coming up for either.

TS: Add my steam to the OP - it's in my sig

You get the underscore in br0seph_stalin?

If not I'll just add you. You're much farther ahead of me though so it sounds. I just hit level 12.

I dunno who they based Handsome Jack off of, but his lines are pretty fantastic. You know who would've had the perfect voice for him?

He really reminds me of Archer moreso than Knoxx.

EDIT: Just added you. Going to bed though, it's almost 4 here.
--

--
Last edited by stratman_13 at Sep 20, 2012,
Quote by stratman_13
You get the underscore in br0seph_stalin?

If not I'll just add you. You're much farther ahead of me though so it sounds. I just hit level 12.

I dunno who they based Handsome Jack off of, but his lines are pretty fantastic. You know who would've had the perfect voice for him?

He really reminds me of Archer moreso than Knoxx.

EDIT: Just added you.

Archer is freaking awesome! It's just the way he calls you mate or whatever at the end of some of his lines, and talks about his plans... His personality is more Archer, but his lines sound a bit Knoxxian to me!

Speaking of Knoxx, I just fought through an installation, and at one point you have to use like a suspended carriage across some scaffold. The buttons to control it were the one's Knoxx had in his suit that you saw when you finally got to him in the DLC of the original!
Quote by GLP_Arclite

that's awesome.

I really hope there's another armory DLC. And I hope as a callback Gearbox leaves in a floor glitch to not set off the timer .

I really gotta give it to Gearbox though, they really did listen to the fans for the second one. Pretty much every change asked for they included. Ability to pass weapons between characters, minimap, mmersion into the game, better AI, an in game trading system...

I'm extremely impressed. I'm also a fan of how they took out the weapon proficiencies and made them "universal" with the Badass system, and added shields and health increases.
--

--