Page 4 of 49
Still havent been able to play again. Just posting real quick before classes. Am I the only one on PS3 ? And am I the only damn Commando? Aww woulda been fun to play with you guys. Oh well! PSN is yellowfrizbee btw, TS

Quote by stratman_13
You get the underscore in br0seph_stalin?

If not I'll just add you. You're much farther ahead of me though so it sounds. I just hit level 12.

I dunno who they based Handsome Jack off of, but his lines are pretty fantastic. You know who would've had the perfect voice for him?

He really reminds me of Archer moreso than Knoxx.

EDIT: Just added you. Going to bed though, it's almost 4 here.

Dude, I said the same god damn exact thing. Right when I heard Handsome Jack talking, I instantly thought of Archer.

Definitely reminds me of him. I love it though

Quote by stratman_13
Maya is the new healer .

EDIT: dude fabulous looking characters is part of the magic

Aww..this makes me sad. Very sad.

Oh well, looks like I am tanking this shit. Which is just as fun ! Think im gonna grab the shield skill from the survival tree, then go mostly guerrilla tree focus. So my turret will be double the guns, have a shield, and missiles. Awwh yee!

Oh and high five again for your edit ! This man knows whats up! S'all about killing in style
YELLOWFRIZBEE s FreezerBurn

Stepco's Master
|Colowomble 2016|PSN=yellowfrizbee| + UG Community Radio|
I find Maya to be a way better healer than Roland personally. With the exception of no Cauterize. That was his most useful skill... And of course the ammo regen. I had a Sniper com that regen'd ammo at +22, combined withmy bud's Roland, and having the Max mag size perk maxed on my Mordecai, we could regen my ammo as fast as a Hyperion Invader could eat it up .

And Currently rocking Disharm0ny with the Stonehearted skin. Black, red, and an orange visor.

Also Zero always speaks in haiku, save for critical kills. Just thought about it.

Handsome Jack totally should have been voiced by H. Jon Benjamin. Saying "Butt Stallion" in his voice cracks me up

Personally for a tank I feel Salvador is the better choice... Action is more a heavy damage dealer than a tank to me

EDIT: I'll buy it on Ps3 if you want . Add me: xVCUxAssassin
--

How do you say "I'm okay" to an answering machine?

--
Last edited by stratman_13 at Sep 20, 2012,
An hour and a half until EU release I'm assuming It's 23.30 here, definitely want to play the game some before I sleep, and now that's it''s so close I won't bother with the VPN suggestion, thanks anyways. Just wondering what the hell I'll do for 90 minutes this late.

I'll probably be playing a whole lot so we might as well put my steam ID up there, Neer7
First impressions:

Awesome game is awesome, though slightly samey.
...Stapling helium to penguins since 1949.
Quote by Todd Hart
First impressions:

Awesome game is awesome, though slightly samey.

the story is much more compelling. I rarely played the first one co-op, and I've tried it a few times... Not sure what I think. Can I set up voice chat?
dat Zer0

I'm co-oping with my bro. splitscreen style

I'm trying to hold off on spending points on shit, but idk how long that can go on, because the enemies are getting tougher
~don't finkdinkle when ur supposed to be dimpdickin~
Quote by Primus2112
dat Zer0

I'm co-oping with my bro. splitscreen style

I'm trying to hold off on spending points on shit, but idk how long that can go on, because the enemies are getting tougher

you can re do the points later on! not the "badass" points but the other points. The badass points are just kinda cute, not really a huge difference maker
oh shit, really?

right on then

i'm about to go after cpl reiss right now, i'm thiiiiiiiiis close to sanctuary

i can't believe how good this game is, considering how much i fucking HATED the first one
~don't finkdinkle when ur supposed to be dimpdickin~
Primus you want a buddy? I'm about to get on.

EDIT: whoops you're on console aren't you
--

--
Last edited by stratman_13 at Sep 21, 2012,
Quote by WhiskeyFace
I don't mind a bit of samey. I maxed out my character in the first game and completed multiple playthroughs including all DLC's, and farmed Crawmerax many times, and I still wanted more

Crawermax farming was the shit no idea how many times me and my friends killed him....

We looted Knoxx's armory hundreds of times though with that floor glitch. Good times. We had some much ****ing money . It didn't even bother bringing up the counter past a certain point
--

--
The game is alright. I cannot play too long though or else I get motion sickness for some reason, even with good FPS rates. Only level 11 as a result.
Quote by TunerAddict
The game is alright. I cannot play too long though or else I get motion sickness for some reason, even with good FPS rates. Only level 11 as a result.

In the options, try widening the FOV to something like 120, see if that makes a difference.

Oh baby, can't wait to get home tonight! I got my Siren up to level 20, and I'm currently.....

STORY SPOILERS

Working my way through a Hyperion Wildlife Reserve to help Mordecai get Bloodwing back after Handsome Jack stole her. I've only just got to the area level though, so progress has been slow, difficult work. Bloody Needle Stalkers and Badass Loaders!

STORY SPOILERS
Quote by GLP_Arclite
Pooping is well good though, to be fair.

I've got a handle on the fiction.

I'm losing my grip, 'cos I'm losing my fingers.
Quote by metacarpi
In the options, try widening the FOV to something like 120, see if that makes a difference.

Thanks man, I'll give that a try.

Edit: That made a load of difference. Thank you. I'm running on a 27" monitor at 1920x1080 so the higher FOV probably makes much more sense.
Last edited by TunerAddict at Sep 21, 2012,
If anyone has already done the Roland/Bloodshot missions for Sanctuary (you know which ones I'm talking about) feel free to read. Assassin class people about to partake in the Roland mission will also want to read, although it's a slight spoiler. Everyone else, regard the spoiler tags.

SPOILERS

Zer0 proved extremely useful for quickly getting across the Bloodshot Ramparts to save Roland. Ridiculously useful. I didn't even have to fight anything. My main objective was getting to Roland as quickly as possible. I sent out decoy, sprinted, use decoy, sprint. Just a heads up for the Assassin players out there. I had a ton of time to save Roland.

Which luckily I didn't need thanks to the rocket launcher I'd found earlier.

TIP: USE A ROCKET LAUNCHER ON W4R-D3N. Trust me.

/SPOILERS
--

--
Quote by TunerAddict
Thanks man, I'll give that a try.

Edit: That made a load of difference. Thank you. I'm running on a 27" monitor at 1920x1080 so the higher FOV probably makes much more sense.

Glad to help!

Strat: I must admit I was under the impression that it wasn't actually possible to beat W4RD-3N first time around, I assumed it was story based. I guess I must have been underlevelled to shit!
Quote by GLP_Arclite

I killed him at 14 (really like 15 minutes ago... Its 5 in the morning here . I started the mission and don't want to quit). The first time I didn't, and then I remembered I had a rocket launcher so I thought OH HELL NO and crashed the game, restarted, and handed his ass to him . Decepti0n to distracted the loaders, the just unloaded on him with the launcher. Took maybe a total of 1.5 minutes, no joke.

That metal bastard didn't stand a chance. I think next build I might let him go just to see what happens.
--

--
Quote by stratman_13
I killed him at 14 (really like 15 minutes ago... Its 5 in the morning here . I started the mission and don't want to quit). The first time I didn't, and then I remembered I had a rocket launcher so I thought OH HELL NO and crashed the game, restarted, and handed his ass to him . Decepti0n to distracted the loaders, the just unloaded on him with the launcher. Took maybe a total of 1.5 minutes, no joke.

That metal bastard didn't stand a chance. I think next build I might let him go just to see what happens.

Did you get anything for beating him?

I can't remember what level I was, I wanna say 11, but that's based on nothing but a guess!

I couldn't even get his shields down before I ran out of ammo, as a Siren I didn't have access to anything that distracted the Loaders, so I was fighting the loaders, the shield/repair surveyors, and W4RD-3N simultaneously. Unsurprisingly, I got my face smashed in repeatedly until he bogged off.
Quote by GLP_Arclite

I couldn't even touch his shields with standard weapons even with crits. I'm pretty sure Salvador is the only one who could. If I was him and had two RLs I would've destroyed him in seconds.

I'm actually pretty surprised that I was able to kill him first go round, but again the deciding factor was the RL. Honestly I think the loaders are weaker to them than Corrosives.

Hey if you ever need a distraction I'llgladly volunteer
--

--
EDIT: Aside from an awkward (albeit cute/funny) cutscene between Hawk and Roland nothing. I think I got more Xp for killing him
--

--
Fair enough - I'd have thought that they'd stick a rare item as a reward or something
Quote by GLP_Arclite

I mightve gotten Eridium.... But as for items not that I can recall. Ill check my inv tomorrow
--

--
I've been finding Eridium like nobodies business recently, my Backpack SDU is up to 21 now, and I've bought an SDU for my main weapons
Quote by GLP_Arclite

I'm only level 11 or 12. It takes a surprising while to level compared to BL1. Not that I'm complaining. I got my badass rank to 350+ now though. The page is chock a block with stat mods. I think it's impossible to pad stats effectively with that system.

Also I've been looking at BL2 stuff today and only just realised the owners surname is Pitchford and not Pitchfork

Randy Pitchfork... I thought it was a fake name, I just had it wrong lol.
My badass rank is nearly 1000, I think it's like 948 or something last time I checked.

I'll be on again tonight if anyone fancies joining me.
Quote by GLP_Arclite

Quote by metacarpi
Did you get anything for beating him?

I can't remember what level I was, I wanna say 11, but that's based on nothing but a guess!

I couldn't even get his shields down before I ran out of ammo, as a Siren I didn't have access to anything that distracted the Loaders, so I was fighting the loaders, the shield/repair surveyors, and W4RD-3N simultaneously. Unsurprisingly, I got my face smashed in repeatedly until he bogged off.

Spoilers?
Ugh, same here.
That place was so hard as a Siren without any corrosive weapons.
The only weapon I had that did any decent damage to those damn Loaders wasn't even elemental.

I didn't die (or defeat W4R-D3N), but I did run out of ammo multiple times.

/Spoilers?

I just hit level 23 after a 6 hour co-op session with my cousin (who joined with me while I was level 19, first as a level 1 gunzerker, then his level 11 assassin.)
Doing alllllll of the sidequests.
Badass rank is sitting at like 1040 or something.
Quote by institutions
Spoilers?
Ugh, same here.
That place was so hard as a Siren without any corrosive weapons.
The only weapon I had that did any decent damage to those damn Loaders wasn't even elemental.

I didn't die (or defeat W4R-D3N), but I did run out of ammo multiple times.

/Spoilers?

I just hit level 23 after a 6 hour co-op session with my cousin (who joined with me while I was level 19, first as a level 1 gunzerker, then his level 11 assassin.)
Doing alllllll of the sidequests.
Badass rank is sitting at like 1040 or something.

Spoilers?
I didn't even know you could just let him bail, or I would have. Two or three rockets to the eyeball while in "Fight for your life" (such a useful tool) knocked him out immediately.
Still haven't gotten the game, but I've been looking at all the skill trees.

Kind of lost interest in Zer0 from looking at his tree. It looks like the funnest would be to go down the 'Bloodshed' tree but not that effective until you get 'Many Must Fall' which requires at least level 31.

Siren looks unsurprisingly badass (again). I just wish the level cap was higher so I could pick more skills

Also, there is a new class being released in October called the Mechromancer that looks very interesting.
Quote by jeremessmore
Did anyone else laugh excessively at The Name Game mission? Sir Hammerlock saying Bonerfarts was just too much for me.

The funniest part about that is when you put your crosshairs over them, it renamed them Bonerfarts. For some reason that just cracked me up, I thought it was going to stay that way.
Quote by WhiskeyFace

Also, there is a new class being released in October called the Mechromancer that looks very interesting.

Yup Mechie should be out sometime around the end if October. I think us Premier Club peeps get her earlier but I can't remember.

Zeros sniper tree actually is way more interesting than Mordecais was. And once you actually play it you'll see that a lot of Zer0s tree becomes extremely useful. Personally focusing on Bloodshed and Sniper. Be Like Water has got to be one of the best perks out of all the characters.

And yeah I lost it at Bonerfarts.

Ex: if you want a partner lemme know

EDIT: I think actually what I was trying to say about Zer0s tree is that while it my not be the most glamorous all of his skills are extremely relevant in game. Decepti0n is also ridiculously useful in large groups, badass fights, and for creating diversions while you go to revive someone
--

--
Oh man, dat Slag Infected boss.

Quote by GLP_Arclite

Slag infected boss? Sweet. Looking forward to tonight
--

--
OMG Finally able to play again. I swear everything is keeping me from it ! Between being sick and classes/responsibilities was hard enough, but then the other day when I turned the game on and finally had a chance to play, my god damn entire living room electricity surged and so I had no power ONLY in my living room where my game and router were..was torture ! Electrician came out and fixed it today, and god damnit I swear to god if something goes wrong again

Im at the part where I save Roland. Lotsa robots and all that.

Quote by stratman_13
I find Maya to be a way better healer than Roland personally. With the exception of no Cauterize. That was his most useful skill... And of course the ammo regen. I had a Sniper com that regen'd ammo at +22, combined withmy bud's Roland, and having the Max mag size perk maxed on my Mordecai, we could regen my ammo as fast as a Hyperion Invader could eat it up

And Currently rocking Disharm0ny with the Stonehearted skin. Black, red, and an orange visor.

Also Zero always speaks in haiku, save for critical kills. Just thought about it.

Handsome Jack totally should have been voiced by H. Jon Benjamin. Saying "Butt Stallion" in his voice cracks me up

Personally for a tank I feel Salvador is the better choice... Action is more a heavy damage dealer than a tank to me

EDIT: I'll buy it on Ps3 if you want . Add me: xVCUxAssassin

Ya, think Im gonna start a siren. I like being support! But damn I was a bad ass soldier back in BL1. I had the ammo regen so high it was literally going up faster than you could count ..then all my healing capabilities were maxed out too, so my health would regenerate faster than enemies could damage me, and I could heal you like a boss. Ive always loved friendly fire ..so im great at healing in this game.

My friends Zero looks like a god damn power ranger

Yeah, I guess thats what I meant. More of a DPS with aggro/distraction (mah turret) teamed in.

Aww dont worry about it! I play with all three of my roommates and my sister, so I always have someone to play with. Only get it if you wanna! If you do get it on PS3, let me know though and ill so kick ass with you.

Stepco's Master
Hey while saving Roland have a rocket launcher with you. Trust me on this. Also if you're playing Zer0 use deception to run past all the bots and bandits. Saves a ton of time and ammo for the W4R-D3N fight.
--

--
Quote by stratman_13
Hey while saving Roland have a rocket launcher with you. Trust me on this. Also if you're playing Zer0 use deception to run past all the bots and bandits. Saves a ton of time and ammo for the W4R-D3N fight.

I just wiped them out because i <3 xp
I probably should have but I can always just go hack . The main reason I avoided it was because it was already like 4 in the morning and I really just wanted to finish the mission
--

--
Started a new character as Maya. She suits me much more and im so much better with her. I just had to be support class, sorry Axton

Quote by captaincrunk
I just wiped them out because i <3 xp

Same running through them and skipping all the fun? No thanks!

Didnt take a lot of time either. Had an SMG with shock damage and I was able to just ****ing tear through all of them so easy. It was wonderful. Then I got to W4R-D3N and just bossed him with a rocket launcher. Bam. Easy shit! So fun.

Oh and my bad ass rank is somewhere around 1000 now with less than 10 hours of play time ...wtf I remember just the other day it was only at 430! That happened fast. I must have been pretty bad ass today.

Stepco's Master