Page 43 of 49
Quote by Nelsean
He was a gunzerker. It was just absolutely insane, I couldnt believe me eyes. I got shivers down my spine when it went down. Like I saw the face of god or someshit haha.

yeah, it's a load of shit haha
Thats such bullshit. Will they ever nerf that? That was my biggest gripe with the first game. Everyone was godly and it didnt leave room for challenge.
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
Quote by Nelsean
Thats such bullshit. Will they ever nerf that? That was my biggest gripe with the first game. Everyone was godly and it didnt leave room for challenge.

they've been talking about it. the DLC bosses can't be killed like that
Ok, new question. How does one start pt 2.5?

Oh my. So I just fast travel to the locations in order of the missions? Or is everything just level 50 and I have to kill them all?

Quote by Nelsean
Oh my. So I just fast travel to the locations in order of the missions? Or is everything just level 50 and I have to kill them all?

you don't get a new playthrough or anything, you can just finish level 50 sidequests
Quote by Nelsean

PT 2.5 is an unofficial playthrough.

No new missions unless you didn't do sidequests. WHich you shouldn't have because they're much better saved for PT2.5
--

How do you say "I'm okay" to an answering machine?

--
Thats what i've heard. Yeah I left a lot of side questions open to do for 2.5.

lol @ my spellcheck putting questions for side quests, and yes, yes I will.

I'm thinking of just going back to BL1 after I finish the DLC and TVHM.

The more I examine it and the more I play it, the more disappointed I am in BL2. The loot variety is bad (there are actually less weapons in BL2). The drop system and chest weapon spawn is bad. The more I think about it the only real improvements in BL2 are in AI and in the story. Everything else just feels like either a side step or a step backwards...
--

--
They need to add another weapons manufacturer in the dlc.

Quote by stratman_13
I'm thinking of just going back to BL1 after I finish the DLC and TVHM.

The more I examine it and the more I play it, the more disappointed I am in BL2. The loot variety is bad (there are actually less weapons in BL2). The drop system and chest weapon spawn is bad. The more I think about it the only real improvements in BL2 are in AI and in the story. Everything else just feels like either a side step or a step backwards...

graphics are nicer too, no? or is it just that i'm on pc instead of ps3?
I mean I guess I could say that I'm spoiled.

In Borderlands 1 I invested well over a thousand hours of gameplay on my 360 and my PC. I learned how to mod the PC copy first through Willowtree like everyone else. I know that game forwards and backwards. I had glitched versions of Oranges before the first big patch, I was there for the pearls...

BL1 focused so much on the loot. There were literally millions of guns in the first game because the parts pools were so massive. It was the first game to actually appeal to the gear *****s in everyone in such a unique and awesome way. Borderlands 2 had massive potential and as a standalone game, it's absolutely fantastic. The story is great, the AI is annoyingly scalable, and so on and so forth.

But I honestly think Gearbox took out a bit of what made the first so fantastic: the millions of weapons. Sure after Knoxx oranges seemed to pop out everywhere, but it ended up being okay because it was like "Oh, an orange!" for the casual player. The grinders knew that there were absolute best versions. And we spent days looking for them. I never felt disadvantaged by my gear, or that drop rates were unfair.

Borderlands 2, as far as the loot system goes, just feels... broken. Certain bosses only have certain weapons? Some have rare loot pool draws that once everything is factored are actually less than a 1% chance? I keep finding the same pistols and weapons with the same names and nearly identical stats... It's just not the same as far as the gear goes. And I mean I'm all for grinding; I've killed the Warrior over 100 times. But when I have basically nothing to show for it... it's not good.

Until the drop rates are fixed and the drops patched for chests, the big bosses, and Terra, I just can't see grinding hard for them anymore. At least give me some goddamn purples or blues for all my hard work. Enough of the whites and greens.

That ended up being a novel, I apologize

EDIT: Yeah the graphics shit all over BL1, that's another plus.

But the loot system is just broken.
--

--
Last edited by stratman_13 at Oct 21, 2012,
At least the combat is sexy as all hell. Thats all I care for honestly, and to keep the game relatively fair when it comes to loot and overpowered weapons.

Don't get me wrong a lot of Borderlands 2 is a massive improvement from Borderlands 1, especially in combat, storytelling, and immersion.

But to me at least Borderlands is a game that was based around loot and finding the best possible. There were thousands of different combinations of oranges that you could get in BL1 if you took the time. It seems like in 2 they just put a premium on combat and... not much else. It's disappointing to me (simply from the point of view of someone who invested a ridiculous amount of time in the first one)

Combat again though is totally sexy as hell in BL2.

EXCEPT FOR MY MISSING HEADS EXPLODING . Seriously. That was the best
--

--
I think the reason there's a lot of dissatisfaction with BL2 is because people are comparing it like for like with BL1+DLC.
Quote by GLP_Arclite
Pooping is well good though, to be fair.

I've got a handle on the fiction.

I'm losing my grip, 'cos I'm losing my fingers.
Where I think there is a legitimate, if overstated concern. It was the same issue that Diablo 3 had and still has.

When you compare the previous effort with all the included expansion they both spank the sequels in various aspects. They should be looking at why people liked the expansions so much and building on that. I think BL2 has done well in the regard, but it does seem to be lacking something in weapon variety at this point.

Diablo 3 just took everything good about Diablo 2 and threw it out with the bath water.
Quote by JackalUK
I think BL2 has done well in the regard, but it does seem to be lacking something in weapon variety at this point.

Diablo 3 just took everything good about Diablo 2 and threw it out with the bath water.

Exactly my opinion.

It just doesn't feel... full, I guess.

Carpi: I can't say I'm comparing it to BL1+DLC but it seems like a lot of people are. Anyone who played BL1 pre-patch/DLC knows taht oranges where extremely difficult to come by then as well.

But I will say that especially raid bosses should be dropping WAY more rares and have a slightly improved legendary drop rate.

The Warrior should not erupt in an explosion of whites and maybe like 2 or 3 blues
--

--
Let's just go farm Crawermax again.
--

--
Quote by stratman_13
The Warrior should not erupt in an explosion of whites and maybe like 2 or 3 blues

This I can completely agree with. I'm fine with the drop rates generally, but when you're fighting the post-game bosses (Terramorphus etc - nearly put Crawmerax! ), you shouldn't be seeing an eruption of white and green. I've been reading that apparently the rare items of loot have around a 1% or lower chance of randomly dropping (a little higher if it's a boss specific rare a la The Bee), which when coupled with the masses of whites flying everywhere makes it kind of disheartening when taking on the bosses.
Quote by GLP_Arclite

I just took to
farming the treasure vault using the jump glitch

After about 10 runs I think I found 1 minor upgrade.
Quote by metacarpi
This I can completely agree with. I'm fine with the drop rates generally, but when you're fighting the post-game bosses (Terramorphus etc - nearly put Crawmerax! ), you shouldn't be seeing an eruption of white and green. I've been reading that apparently the rare items of loot have around a 1% or lower chance of randomly dropping (a little higher if it's a boss specific rare a la The Bee), which when coupled with the masses of whites flying everywhere makes it kind of disheartening when taking on the bosses.

Actually according to the GBX forums on Terra because he draws from two pools with a guaranteed orange his drop rate for other oranges is actually below 1%.

The loot system is broken for the high end bosses, and it needs to be fixed.

I need to stop saying drop rates and start saying loot system. Because that's what's actually broken.

EDIT: Jackal I know what the final boss is in the treasure cave, I went in there to help CC grab a rocket launcher he left behind.

Glad to see the
vagina bear
mad a reappearance
--

--
Last edited by stratman_13 at Oct 22, 2012,
I've read about that, but I've not tried it out for myself yet - is it easy enough to pull off?

As an aside, I've been further testing out my "if you play for longer, you get a better chance of rares against the save/quit/reload method". - Inconclusive.
Quote by GLP_Arclite

It's easy enough, getting the glitch to work occasionally takes some time.... or finesse. One or the other. Sometimes I get it to work first go, others it takes me a few minutes of trying.
Quote by stratman_13
Actually according to the GBX forums on Terra because he draws from two pools with a guaranteed orange his drop rate for other oranges is actually below 1%.

The loot system is broken for the high end bosses, and it needs to be fixed.

I need to stop saying drop rates and start saying loot system. Because that's what's actually broken.

EDIT: Jackal I know what the final boss is in the treasure cave, I went in there to help CC grab a rocket launcher he left behind.

Glad to see the
vagina bear
mad a reappearance

Agreed. It seems that the loot tables for end game bosses are artifically padded with junk.
Quote by GLP_Arclite

What you need is your pre-order relic. With it's 5% increased change to get rare items!*

*note - item actually reduces the chance to get a white item by 5%
Quote by JackalUK
What you need is your pre-order relic. With it's 5% increased change to get rare items!*

*note - item actually reduces the chance to get a white item by 5%

I thought it just booseted Greens? Same effect I suppose really.
Quote by GLP_Arclite

The worst part is that it's not even a regular +5%, it's like +5% of that already 1%

EDIT: Completely forgot. Gaige with a +200 anarchy stack demolishes the Warrior.
--

--
Quote by stratman_13
The worst part is that it's not even a regular +5%, it's like +5% of that already 1%

EDIT: Completely forgot. Gaige with a +200 anarchy stack demolishes the Warrior.

A part of me is really looking forward to getting Gaige to 50, slapping my best gear on her, boosting Anarchy stacks, and laughing as I demolish everything in seconds.
Quote by GLP_Arclite

I killed the Badass Constructor on the bridge to the Infosphere a level underleveled with no critical hits except the last one with a stack that started at 160 at the beginning of the boss fight in about a minute.

It was glorious. I did at the time have a Jakobs unique rifle that did 600 some damage which probably helped.

But I was still a little when I killed him so quickly. I love Gaige, totally my kind of character. Zer0 still holds a special place in my heart though.. Nothing like shooting an enemy in the crit and seeing four numbers and then just a "K"

EDIT: Wait, let me do some math right quick. I want to know what the Gearbox starter weapons would do on a max Anarchy stack with no badass points.
--

--
Quote by stratman_13
I killed the Badass Constructor on the bridge to the Infosphere a level underleveled with no critical hits except the last one with a stack that started at 160 at the beginning of the boss fight in about a minute.

It was glorious. I did at the time have a Jakobs unique rifle that did 600 some damage which probably helped.

But I was still a little when I killed him so quickly. I love Gaige, totally my kind of character. Zer0 still holds a special place in my heart though.. Nothing like shooting an enemy in the crit and seeing four numbers and then just a "K"

EDIT: Wait, let me do some math right quick. I want to know what the Gearbox starter weapons would do on a max Anarchy stack with no badass points.

Seeing "K"'s just makes my day. I was using a pistol on BNK-3R that was hitting for 178K with every shot, and that's not even a critical hit! It was glorious!
Quote by GLP_Arclite

WOOOOOOOO AMD 12.9 beta drivers installed. Awwww yeah.

6% performance increase across the board.
--

--
Quote by stratman_13
WOOOOOOOO AMD 12.9 beta drivers installed. Awwww yeah.

6% performance increase across the board.

Sweet, better remember to hook myself up with those badboys when I get home!

EDIT:

The Invincible Bosses so far in Borderlands 2 layout like this:

Terramorphous
Vermivorous
Hyperius
Master Gee
Look at the first letter of each name for each boss and you get TVHM.

TVHM = True Vault Hunter Mode.

/mindblown
Quote by GLP_Arclite

Last edited by metacarpi at Oct 22, 2012,
EDIT: THE NEW SCORES ARE WITH CATALYST 12.11.

What card do you have, the 7970 I believe got an 8% performance boost.

The 7850 now OFFICIALLY beats out the 560Ti across the board.

Also now I really have to get another 7850. +30% over 670 when crossfired .

That'll shove it in my friend Mike's face. .

Nothing like a constant arms race between friends, right?

EDIT2: Holy shit.

EDIT3: Let me clarify. The new drivers, Project: Never Settle, are 12.11 including new Catalyst software/drivers etc.

There should be an average of a 15-20% performance increase ACROSS THE BOARD for 7xxx series cards.

They should be out sometime around the holidays.

What's even more impressive is that %increase is the Alpha stage of the drivers. Who knows what it'll actually end up being.
--

--
Quote by stratman_13
EDIT: THE NEW SCORES ARE WITH CATALYST 12.11.

What card do you have, the 7970 I believe got an 8% performance boost.

The 7850 now OFFICIALLY beats out the 560Ti across the board.

Also now I really have to get another 7850. +30% over 670 when crossfired .

That'll shove it in my friend Mike's face. .

I'm running a 7950 currently
Quote by GLP_Arclite

Check the edit I just posted.
--

--