Page 5 of 49
Quote by stratman_13
Hey while saving Roland have a rocket launcher with you. Trust me on this. Also if you're playing Zer0 use deception to run past all the bots and bandits. Saves a ton of time and ammo for the W4R-D3N fight.

I just ran by them as a Gunzerker. Didn't feel like dealing with that shit. Saved Roland as a lvl 12.
I had just a couple of awesome boss encounters! The story just gets better and better!

I'm now level 24 with a Badass Rank of around 1850
Quote by GLP_Arclite
Pooping is well good though, to be fair.

I've got a handle on the fiction.

I'm losing my grip, 'cos I'm losing my fingers.
26 hours in, and I found my first orange weapon with my friend last night.

Overall, it's better than its competition that I had at the time, but not by as much as I was expecting. Not entirely sure what the flavor text means or what makes it unique. Maybe the fact that it has almost no to zero recoil, but I'd imagine it'd have to have another trait that would make it orange.

Even still, no complaints here.

EDIT: Googled it right after posting and this is what is unique. Didn't notice that effect yet, but very cool.
R.I.P. M.C.A.
Tweet at me bro
lushacrous loves you
Quote by blake1221
Don't be ludicrous, lushacrous.
Quote by Gunpowder
that joke regarding your username was NOT originally posted by blake1221. That was a Gunpowder original.

I INVOKE SOPA TO SMITE YE FOR THIS FALSEHOOD.
Last edited by lushacrous at Sep 22, 2012,
That's a level 22 gun? :/
I'm still using a 50-ish damage fire elemental smg and i'm level 23 D:

I rarely get good gun drops lol.

I'm kinda over the Tediore reloading thing, and tend to avoid those guns.
It's fun, but I have a habit of reloading either after every kill, or when there's a little downtime when the enemy jumps behind cover.
Both the problem and the bonus with it are that it's a Tediore, so whenever you reload, you throw it and it causes an explosion which wastes whatever ammo you had in the clip when you reload (well, not wastes as it makes the explosion more powerful, but the ammo is still gone). And since it holds 38 rounds, I can run out of SMG ammo even with the 860ish I can carry pretty quickly. So I have to use the gun sparingly until I can train myself to not reload whenever I can due to my own reflexes.

And it took 25 or so hours of me playing with multiple people most of the time and all of us using the 5% rare loot drops artifact to come across that.
R.I.P. M.C.A.
Tweet at me bro
lushacrous loves you
Quote by blake1221
Quote by Gunpowder
that joke regarding your username was NOT originally posted by blake1221. That was a Gunpowder original.

I'm pretty sure the +5% rare loot drops artifact came with pre-ordered versions of the game. It's hard to tell for sure if it makes much of a difference or is just placebo (because seriously, almost everything else I've found has been humdrum, and almost all the weapons I've used have either been quest rewards of slot winnings), but I don't feel good equipping any other artifact.
R.I.P. M.C.A.
Tweet at me bro
lushacrous loves you
Quote by blake1221
Quote by Gunpowder

Quote by lushacrous
I'm pretty sure the +5% rare loot drops artifact came with pre-ordered versions of the game. It's hard to tell for sure if it makes much of a difference or is just placebo (because seriously, almost everything else I've found has been humdrum, and almost all the weapons I've used have either been quest rewards of slot winnings), but I don't feel good equipping any other artifact.

It actually does make a little difference because of how the drops/chests work. It gives higher end parts and combinations a slight priority over being pieced together than standard parts (assuming the weapon generation engine works the same as in borderlands 1).

At low levels the weapons are kinda boring anyways because the "high end" part combinations usually default to a higher level (~25/30 +). The only exception being the gold Gearbox chest, but that was a pre order bonus as well. One of my friends opened his. **** that Im waiting till 50 .

I'm also glad I'm not the only one who plays the slots
--

How do you say "I'm okay" to an answering machine?

--
Quote by stratman_13
It actually does make a little difference because of how the drops/chests work. It gives higher end parts and combinations a slight priority over being pieced together than standard parts (assuming the weapon generation engine works the same as in borderlands 1).

At low levels the weapons are kinda boring anyways because the "high end" part combinations usually default to a higher level (~25/30 +). The only exception being the gold Gearbox chest, but that was a pre order bonus as well. One of my friends opened his. **** that Im waiting till 50 .

I'm also glad I'm not the only one who plays the slots

I'm not waiting until 50, because wouldn't it be kinda pointless at that point? But I'm still waiting at least a little longer to use mine.

And slots are addicting as fuck.
R.I.P. M.C.A.
Tweet at me bro
lushacrous loves you
Quote by blake1221
Quote by Gunpowder

Well okay maybe not level 50 but you get the idea . I'm definitely not gonna waste it unless you can buy more golden keys from somewhere.

Carpi: PM'ing you in about a minute about the whole "clock" thing; finally got a chance to sit down and write it .
--

--
Been playing around with Maya for a bit (maining with Axton) and I have to say I think the Siren class is far duller than it was in BL1. Her ability just isn't as fun as phasewalking was.
...Stapling helium to penguins since 1949.
Quote by Todd Hart
Been playing around with Maya for a bit (maining with Axton) and I have to say I think the Siren class is far duller than it was in BL1. Her ability just isn't as fun as phasewalking was.

When you start getting down Cataclysm where phaselock creates a fire explosion and your bullets with any gun cause corrosive clouds and stuff like that, things really pick up. The other trees are pretty boring though, I agree (though I have about 8 points in Harmony currently because me and my friends need the healing).
R.I.P. M.C.A.
Tweet at me bro
lushacrous loves you
Quote by blake1221
Quote by Gunpowder

Also, any UGers on PC wanna play in an hour or so? I don't even care if I'm a much higher level than you, it's just so much more fun with other people.
R.I.P. M.C.A.
Tweet at me bro
lushacrous loves you
Quote by blake1221
Quote by Gunpowder

I want to but I have to take an exam

EDIT: In the meantime have a funny screencap I took a while back.

(Invalid img)
--

--
Last edited by stratman_13 at Sep 22, 2012,
I'll probably still be on when you're done
R.I.P. M.C.A.
Tweet at me bro
lushacrous loves you
Quote by blake1221
Quote by Gunpowder

Wait since when did Steam take away the ability to tag pictures?

And okay

CARPI

I sent you a really long PM.
--

--
I'll read it now!

BTW - you can get a second Gold Key by going:

Main Menu > Extras > Shift Code

Then just sign up for Gearbox Shift with an email address and boom, extra Gold Coin.
Quote by GLP_Arclite

Oh wow, really?

That's pretty cool. i'm glad they didn't make it a one-time thing.

Even though I'm sure not many people know that . Gearbox really should have said something.

EDIT: I can't wait until someone gets Willowtree going for Borderlands 2. I miss making weapons for friends and fam .

Just for fun. I hated people who made completely OP weapons to use in legit games. I only used 'em when dicking around in co-op with buddies, or in single player when I felt like demolishing. I mean once you hit 69 there was no real point anyway, so it was fun to just dick around in Moxxi's arena with some big guns.

I miss my Bitch Destroyer...
--

--
It's one of the first results if you google something like Borderlands 2 Golden Keys - although there are loads of sites talking about that glitch someone found to access infinite Golden Keys - I've not looked into that though.

Thanks for the PM - that's an interesting read, and what's more, I think I actually understand it!

EDIT:

Also, I'll probably be on in a few hours for a game session!
Quote by GLP_Arclite

Quote by metacarpi
It's one of the first results if you google something like Borderlands 2 Golden Keys - although there are loads of sites talking about that glitch someone found to access infinite Golden Keys - I've not looked into that though.

Thanks for the PM - that's an interesting read, and what's more, I think I actually understand it!

I think they fixed the glitch (or at least are very close to doing so), but they said they won't punish people who exploited it.

And I'm about to start a gunzerker or maybe an assassin for the fun of it. If anyone wants my siren to come along and play with them, don't be afraid to shoot me a message, I'd love to join in.
R.I.P. M.C.A.
Tweet at me bro
lushacrous loves you
Quote by blake1221
Quote by Gunpowder

I think I'm gonna catch some single player time, see if I can't get this stupid Thresher destroyed. Bastard is pissing me off, and all my shock and my incendiary SMG are in my vault. On Sanctuary.

Which if you're at that part of the story where you need the orbital beacon, you understand my frustration

EDIT: Lush the Assassin is probably one of the most fun classes to build. My friend Mike is having a blast as the Gunzerker.
--

--
Yeah, I think I'm doing Gunzerker first since he sounds like the least used class right now. And then when all the assassins are making their second characters in the next couple weeks and there are considerably less assassins out there, I'll make an assassin.
R.I.P. M.C.A.
Tweet at me bro
lushacrous loves you
Quote by blake1221
Quote by Gunpowder

YEAH **** YOU YOU STUPID THRESHER! I still haven't figured out that thing's crits though. Are they the smaller tentacles on the back?
--

--
Quote by JackalUK
In the gob.

Yeah, I thinkit's the brightly coloured orbs in it's mush
Quote by GLP_Arclite

Ah okay. So play it like Hunters from Halo CE. Got it.
--

--
Quote by stratman_13
I think I'm gonna catch some single player time, see if I can't get this stupid Thresher destroyed. Bastard is pissing me off, and all my shock and my incendiary SMG are in my vault. On Sanctuary.

Which if you're at that part of the story where you need the orbital beacon, you understand my frustration

EDIT: Lush the Assassin is probably one of the most fun classes to build. My friend Mike is having a blast as the Gunzerker.

Only took me ten tries to kill the Thresher.
Ok so me and crunk have twin sirens and are currently beasting it out through the arena.
R.I.P. M.C.A.
Tweet at me bro
lushacrous loves you
Quote by blake1221
Quote by Gunpowder

Quote by TunerAddict
Only took me ten tries to kill the Thresher.

Got him on my fifth .

That was a tough fight.
--

--
someguy just gave me a random weapon in Sanctuary a while ago and now i cant find him. Is it just a one time thing?
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
Quote by WTF!!is a TAB
someguy just gave me a random weapon in Sanctuary a while ago and now i cant find him. Is it just a one time thing?

You can find him more often, he just randomly decides to show up
R.I.P. M.C.A.
Tweet at me bro
lushacrous loves you
Quote by blake1221
Quote by Gunpowder

lushy and I just crushed fink's slaughterhouse. don't waste it on solo play, that was magnificent

Quote by lushacrous
Ok so me and crunk have twin sirens and are currently beasting it out through the arena.

yes this, he was healer and i was cataclysm + elemental smg
It was ridiculously fun. Got at least 10 badass tokens in the process.
R.I.P. M.C.A.
Tweet at me bro
lushacrous loves you
Quote by blake1221
Quote by Gunpowder

Quote by WTF!!is a TAB

Holy shit its you. How the hell have you been?

EDIT: after two hours yesterday I had like 12 tokens. Love the badass system.
--

--
Quote by stratman_13
Holy shit its you. How the hell have you been?

EDIT: after two hours yesterday I had like 12 tokens. Love the badass system.

lol good
i havent been posting because i have so many games in my backlog and im currently drowning in school work

The badass system is great, i get points even though im not trying to complete challenges
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me