Page 3 of 4
Hnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnng
Quote by TheSennaj
And well yes, I'll enjoy the carpal tunnel and tendonitis, because trying to get one is clearly smarter than any word you have spoken thus far.
wow, just wow!!! Beautiful creation!
Gibson LP traditional and DC standard, PRS S2 Custom 24, Schecter Banshee 7
EVH 5153, Mesa DR Tremoverb combo 2-2x12's
Line 6 M13
That is beautiful. An Amazing guitar. Love the different woods used.
Peavey Classic 30
PRS SE Custom Semi-Hollow
+some pedals
I really wasn't too sure about the shape when I saw the raw body and neck pics, but this looks amazing. Really nice job, congrats.
That is a beautiful guitar, if you werent on the other side of the world i would seriously be pestering you for a build lol. massive explorer fan. think im a bigger fan of this
Quote by Explorerbuilder
Forgot to answer this. It is Mahogany, paduak and walnut.

Got a shock when you said Mahogany there as I was still picturing those photos where it shows up really light, then I remembered the previous conversation

Lookin' fantastic though. What I can see of it anyway... I'm raging at Photobucket right now 'cause nothing will load up right at the moment
Gorgeous.
EH

"Show me war; show me pestilence; show me the blood-red hands of retribution..."
Quote by The Locust
That is a beautiful guitar, if you werent on the other side of the world i would seriously be pestering you for a build lol. massive explorer fan. think im a bigger fan of this

+1
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
I'll honestly trade you my Gibson for that.
Quote by TheSennaj
And well yes, I'll enjoy the carpal tunnel and tendonitis, because trying to get one is clearly smarter than any word you have spoken thus far.
Damn! Nice color choice on the hardware.

Quote by DeathByDestroyr
See, it's important that people clarify when they say "metal", because I pretty much always assume they are a Cannibal Corpse fanboi.
Do you log your man hours? I'm just curious about how many hours it takes you to build something like that.
B-E-A-UTIFUL.

I will sell you my body for that.
Legion!
Original 1969 Fender Jazzmaster
Jackson JS32R Dinky "Curry"
ESP/LTD SN-1000
Jackson Stars Kelly "Aiko"
Ormsby SX6 prototype
Dingwall NG-2 "Kimmy"
MiM Fender Jazz Bass "Pancho"
EVH 5153
There is but one thing that I would change about this beast, regular passive humbuckers, with black covers.
Quote by R45VT
Bastards.
Quote by Viban
There is but one thing that I would change about this beast, regular passive humbuckers, with black covers.

I think that you meant to say "Het Set".

You're welcome.
Quote by -MintSauce-
I think that you meant to say "Het Set".

You're welcome.

As beautiful as those are, no. Actives just don't appeal to me.
Quote by R45VT
Bastards.
I'm loving that design, a bass version would be awesome.
Bassist/Vocalist-Visceral Violation
SWR Workingmans 400/Megoliath
Warwick Corvette
Thanks guys, for all the replies!
As far as logging hours,
I dont do that at all anymore. But i have made so man of them, i can do this in a matter of 5 or 6 days at a couple hours of work a day max.

Viban,
What exactly dont you like about actives? They are amazing for metal and the cleans are every bit as good as passives.
man i said this before but that guitar is beautiful, should you ever come to the uk, and at this same supposed time have one of these on you, which you would be happy to depart with, please let me know lol
Quote by Explorerbuilder
Is it actually showing up on your end? I pasted the link but it isnt showing up on mine for some reason.

EDIT:
Reloaded UG, showing up now.

All you do is fish and make guitars sounds good to me man. hahaha
Quote by Explorerbuilder
Thanks guys, for all the replies!
As far as logging hours,
I dont do that at all anymore. But i have made so man of them, i can do this in a matter of 5 or 6 days at a couple hours of work a day max.

Viban,
What exactly dont you like about actives? They are amazing for metal and the cleans are every bit as good as passives.

I think it's just how overused they are, I prefer something new and unique in pretty much all I do so maybe I'm just tired of seeing every other metal band 81/85's and 81/60's.
Quote by R45VT
Bastards.
Quote by Explorerbuilder
I dont really know now to respond to that... You dont like them, just because a lot of people use them?
There isnt really such thing as a unique pickup these days. Just go for what sounds good, thats the point of a pickup.

Well I really just meant EMG's, not actives as a whole. I don't like the way EMG's sound. I can't really speak for all actives as I haven't tried them all, or even many of them. For sure I can say Ibanes actives and EMG's sound like ass IMO, but not much than that. I've always been a passive man regardless though.

As far as no such thing as a unique pickup, That's why I'm gonna start getting into winding my own so I can fool around with different things and get something truly different.
Quote by R45VT
Bastards.
Quote by Explorerbuilder

Oh wow, so you could build several at a time and turn out a few guitars a week. That's pretty impressive! Do you sell them?
Quote by Explorerbuilder
Thanks. I have made as many as 3 or 4 in a month before. But i try not to make it all about just pumping guitars out.

I do, i sell them all.

that's livin' the good life man. and you make damn nice guitars as well. awesome!