Page 2 of 2
Quote by ExDementia
That was actually salvageable? I'm surprised.

Also, every garage door I have ever seen has a safety that prevents it from closing if there's something blocking the sensor, or if it feels too much resistance. Very bad luck there.

Well after 1500 bucks it was salvageable lol
I know, i know, why not buy a new one, well this was special to me and he knew that so he helped me out there.
And for the garage door, my dad has made some Tim the tool man Taylor upgrades to it lol
Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier HD Multi-Watt
Marshall JCM 2000 DSL 100MLB
1960 A&B cabs
Jackson DKMG Dinky
Schecter C1+ (modded)
LTD EC-1000vb
Blueridge 160 CE
BOSS | TU-3 | DD-7
Line 6 G-50 wireless
the tim the toolman upgrades would do it.

I lay my $5000 dollar guitar on top of my amp once, thought it would be safe while I played a $50 junker.

amp vibrations made nice guitar fall. cant see the damage from the front, only from the back. broke through the poly finish to the wood, and chipped some of said wood. I nearly cried.
Quote by element4433
One time I watched a dog lick his own dick for twenty minutes.

Quote by Roc8995
No.

Well, technically it could be done, but only in the same way that you could change a cat into a hamburger. It's an unpleasant process, and nobody is happy with the result.
I've never had this experience before with my own guitars, however I have had it with guitars that I didn't own.

The first time I was at Guitar Center on a string run. I couldn't resist trying out a few wares though, and when I saw an alpine white Gibson Flying V I new I had to play it. Unfortunately this excitement died when I realized the damn tuners wouldn't turn the strings, and the D string tuner was a bit wonky. Disappointed, I walked back to where I had picked it up from a floor stand. Some guy had put a Tele here, so I walked around for a bit looking for an open stand. Eventually I found a wall hangar, and when I placed it there it seemed fine. But then, as I walked away (and someone else walked by it) the guitar fell face first off the stand. All the strings busted and the D string tuner popped right off, and I think the toggle switch got smashed in. The GC guys blamed the stand though and said nothing of it (although it seemed at first that they were going to blame the guy walking by, however he was in the process of purchasing an Ibanez JS).

The other time was during my senior year in High School. My friend had let me borrow his $300 Epiphone AJ acoustic/electric for music class since he did not know how to play and he wanted it to get some use. I decided I didn't want to bother with a case as I carried it around campus, so I put a strap on it and went on. Well wouldn't you know that right after my first class the damn strap breaks and this thing smacks into the concrete ground. Part of the binding on the back was wrecked and a massive chip came off the front. My friend was prepared to charge me $300 for the guitar but I told him a totally BS story about a freshman in music class knocking it against a wall.

The last time was with my friend Diana's Yamaha acoustic. Basically the strap pin came off and the guitar was sent flying down. The binding on the back was wrecked and there some other dents and cracks on the back. She didn't think anything of it as apparently she knew the pin had a tendency to come out and she had forgotten to tell me.
not much has happened to my guitars: I dropped my schecter on the base of my floor fan in my bedroom and the screw in the tuning peg on the high e string came out. It kept breaking strings and detuning itself. I didn't know what was wrong until a couple of days later and then I got a new screw for it

HOWEVER a friend of mine had one of his guitar in a trunk without a case and the trunk came open when he hit a speed bump....it survived but how, I do not know. Years later, I went and jammed with said friend and his new guitar was in pieces.....he said very calmly, "it fell".

In high school my friend tried to do a guitar spin with the school bass....he was unsuccessful.......the neck is forever warped.
:
"Stop shooting me!!!GAHHHH!!!"
<(0_0<(>0_0)> FU
^(0_0)^^(0_0)^ Sion
(>0_0)><(0_0< HA!!!
<(*~*)>
Quote by jacobtheimpaler

The other time was during my senior year in High School. My friend had let me borrow his $300 Epiphone AJ acoustic/electric for music class since he did not know how to play and he wanted it to get some use. I decided I didn't want to bother with a case as I carried it around campus, so I put a strap on it and went on. Well wouldn't you know that right after my first class the damn strap breaks and this thing smacks into the concrete ground. Part of the binding on the back was wrecked and a massive chip came off the front. My friend was prepared to charge me $300 for the guitar but I told him a totally BS story about a freshman in music class knocking it against a wall.

Wow, you're a prick.

This poor guy lends you his guitar and you take it to school with no case, walk around with it strapped to your back like a douche bag and of course drop it. THEN you made up some bull shit story so you didn't have to pay him back for the property that YOU damaged.

Man, he sure is lucky to have a friend like you.
Last edited by ExDementia at Oct 4, 2012,
I had an Epiphone LP with EMG pickups and I placed it on a cheapo stand after I was jamming with some buddies.

Meanwhile, one of the dudes there thought it was a good idea and not mind where he was going. He knocked the stand over and it fell right on its top. The headstock came right off. He ended up buying it off me
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
I don't know how someone can lend his instrument... unless they know exactly who he is and specificaly tells him he would have to repair any damage made to it...

Even then... I'm not sure I would lend any of my guitars to anyone...

I did once for a real cheap axe I had, and exchange it a litle while for a bass, turned back all screwed and oxidised... it was the last time I did... Unless I know exactly how the person treats his instruments...
Last edited by t1mman at Oct 4, 2012,
Right before my first show with my band, my bass player was duct taping his strap to his bass (This was before we realized strap locks were a good invention.) and asked if I needed any. I was like "Nah my guitar has never fallen off its strap, I don't need duct tape!". Of course, being a Gibson Sg, the strap buttons are in weird locations. And as soon as I finished my sentence, my guitar falls right off its strap strings down onto the floor. Nothing really happened, but I think the neck might be warped.
Quote by ExDementia
This poor guy lends you his guitar and you take it to school with no case, walk around with it strapped to your back like a douche bag and of course drop it. THEN you made up some bull shit story so you didn't have to pay him back for the property that YOU damaged.

I never said it was strapped to my back, it was on my chest I was carrying a guitar not a sword. Not to mention he had pretty much wrecked my drum set the year before and refused to acknowledge his responsibility for the damage. Either way I paid for the guitar's repairs and then loaned him some money to upgrade his drum set. I did what I did to avoid paying for a guitar he bought used that he wanted to charge me new for.
Quote by NotTheMessiah30
^ You sir, are not borrowing any of my guitars! haha.

Honestly, I do not blame you.
Quote by jacobtheimpaler
I never said it was strapped to my back, it was on my chest I was carrying a guitar not a sword. Not to mention he had pretty much wrecked my drum set the year before and refused to acknowledge his responsibility for the damage. Either way I paid for the guitar's repairs and then loaned him some money to upgrade his drum set. I did what I did to avoid paying for a guitar he bought used that he wanted to charge me new for.

Don't forgive and don't forget, huh?
EDIT: Also looks like you learned from him!
Fender Deluxe Player Strat
Fender Musicmaster
Takamine EAN10C
B-52 AT-100
Jet City JCA20H
MXR Phase 90
PolyTune Mini
Strymon El Capistan
Quote by thrashdeth
I love a Dimebag tone just as much as anyone else. I'm Definitely considering a spider.
Last edited by Juared at Oct 4, 2012,
Man, I've got a bunch...

The first week I had my first electric, a red 85' Kramer Focus 3000, I was playing it while walking up and down the driveway, the cheap guitar shop strap failed and it fell onto the concrete, losing about 2" worth of wood and paint from the treble side butt.

In a former metal band, our rhythm guitarist and lead singer was stuck using his Mustang as the vehicle to carry our gear in. This often meant foregoing guitar cases to get 7-10 guitars to fit in the Mustang's trunk. Well, one day he got this greenburst Rhoads flying vee brand new, and let's just say his Vee and my un-cased Jag-Stang got into a fight and the Jag-Stang won, taking a chip out of the Jackson's new headstock.

The same genius got himself a Warlock 2 months later and brings it to my house, and attempts the CC Deville guitar spin with it after only having it about a few hours, can you say instant lawn dart!?!? The warlock flew off the strap, flew across the front yard, and embedded it's headstock into the centipede grass with the body sticking up. After a week, 2 splints, 3 pairs of socks, and Duct-Tape, the Warlock was fixed, but the back of the neck looked pretty crummy.

2 years later I build him a custom warlock with the same neck, he leaves it in his van, the head gets wedged under a seat, and breaks off. Somewhere back home, 3000 miles away, I still may have the body somewhere.

Now, how about the inverse. In another band I was in just a few years back, I had a rather, frustrating, perverse, sexually-harassing, closet-case bassist. Well one night he went a little too far with his idiocy, so I sent my Squier Jagmaster flying complete with warmoth neck.............. THROUGH the wall of his house. I pulled it out, the Jagmaster only got a small 2mm ding on the headstock, the wall though, looked like a missile went through it! HAHA! He was never mad about it, but he sure as hell made sure not to get on my bad side again. Case in point, DON'T fight the guy with the Fender.

Another guitar throwing incident, friend of mine and I had a huge fight at one point, that resulted in my home-built Jazzmaster (from friend) going through the window of my apartment...only damage, the high-e string tuner broke off. I got the $60 compensation to replace that with a new set of Kluson tone-pros.

Then there was the ICE indicent! My crazy old band used to play gigs even when it was 40 below and iced over! Yes, us skating our vehicles over to the local bar to play to 4 people who probably just came in to get warm on Bugera tubes and Vodka shots. Anyway, I had my #1 Fender Jag-Stang and my vintage 1966 Fender Mustang in a double gig bag after the gig and I got out of the car with them to go to my apartment. I was not but 4 feet away from my truck before I slipped on the ice and landed all 245 and 6'4" of myself on them with full force! The Fenders broke my fall, and that's all they broke, heck, they were still in tune when I got back in the house!

And then I have another story NOT about me....

Way back in high school, I used to do budget guitar repairs for people. My favorite local shop knew of this and sent a guy over to me while I was in on a string run who had an 80's Peavey Patrio that had the body cracked in half, the bridge pickup mounts broken, the whammy bar broken off, and a bent-up 23rd fret. His story was this.....

He had a rehearsal space in an upstairs area, and they had a cat at the space. The guitar sat in it's stand next to the stairwell. One day, he got done playing a song and put the guitar down, the cat knocked over the stand, and the guitar fel 2-3 stories down to the concrete floor below and broke. In 2 days, I had the body glued back together, the pickup mounts replaced with some red plastic I'd epoxied to the bottom of the bridge pickup, and totally setup and playing better than ever. I saved him a nice chunk of change, AND his guitar.
My Current Mains
- 1996 Fender Jag-Stang with EMG Pickups
- 1998 Fender Jaguar with Cool Rails
- 1982 Hondo Paul Dean II (DiMarzio Super II X2)
- 2010 "Fender" Jazzmaster (Home built)
- 2013 Squier VM Bass VI (stock)
A friend of mine has a penchant for doing stupid things with his guitar.
He decided it was a good idea to cut the strings while they still had tension on them, which resulted in horrified looks from me and quite some damage to the fretboard of the guitar.

With a different guitar he decided it was a good idea to learn how to spin the guitar around his neck. I barely even need to tell you what happened next, except it was slightly worse. It went through an open window... and 3 stories down from the attic to the backyard.

Myself, I occasionally forget the existence of my desk when turning around to face people who enter my room. This has resulted in headstock snappage before.
Also before I got straplocks and decent straps all I had was this cheap strap that the guitar store threw in for free with my second guitar. It slipped off the peg and resulted in breakage of the lower horn.
I should add that it was a Tele that I later learned was specially designed to be smashed to pieces onstage. I got it as a (joke) gift from a friend.
Ceci n'est pas une signature.
My friend had his PRS strap around his neck after a gig, when he got too my place he was so excited he jumped through the door way, trying to land on my couch. Instead, he cracked a rib and and the head stock snapped clean off. Funniest moment of my life, didn't play guitar yet and didn't fully understand the cost or the significance of his instrument.
i accidentally put my squier p-bass through these guys windshield. they happened to be talking shit about the long haired guitar guy while i happened to be angry and drunk. i slipped, jumped on the windshield, and uncontrollably accidentally swung my bass through the glass. whoopsy
This is more a story of a guitar doing damage to its owner.
I have a cousin who knows a guy, this guy had his guitar tuned ridiculously tight, the string snapped and cut part of his finger off. Once I heard that, I've been careful about how I tune my guitars haha.
Quote by KiLLSWiTCH-KnoT
it's like I make threads knowing they're gonna be shit but I make them anyway

Quote by kertets
Wire his sack to the electrical socket the next time, little fucker will be shootin lightening bolts all over the house.
On my Kramer Striker I had a locking cable in it. Stepped on it while turning, ripped out the jack and more wood then what could be used to put a jackplate over anyways. Messed around with it unplugged for a while and the other day pulled up on the Floyd too hard and it popped a stud out.
I dinged my guitar's headstock against a wall.

That's probably the worst so far
Quote by FEngHLyan

She will join the prom.

She insists to wear this lights.

I don't think so.

How can I persuade her?
Page 2 of 2