anthsband
2,396 IQ
I'm thinking of buying 1 or two more pedals to complete my guitar rig.

The sound I like is your typical John Mayer/Hendrix/SRV sounding guitar. Here's what I use so far:
Fender Strat w/Texas Special Pickups
Hot Rod Deluxe w/Celestion 12-65
Voodoo Labs GCX/Ground Control
TS808 (keep it at a lower gain for more rhythmic stuff)
TS9DX (keep it at max gain)
Keeley Katana (volume boost, although thinking about keeping it on all the time for a fatter sound)
Cool Cat Fuzz (set for a more grungier rock sound)
Boss DD-7
TC Electronics G-Major

Although imo really decent for the price, I want to replace the Cool Cat Fuzz with something better. I've been looking at either Swollen Pickle, Big Muff, or Hendrix Octavio. Not sure about the octavio because I'm pretty sure I can get an octave effect with the g-major. I'm leaning more towards the Swollen Pickle right now....

I also want to hear some opinions on the Fulltone OCD pedal. I've heard REALLY good things about it but it seems like it might be a pointless buy considering I already have 2 tube screamers and the katana?
Kevin Saale
Talks to empty chairs
1,339 IQ
The OCD is a marshall in a box type pedal to my ears, so its nothing like the screamers. Its a solid pedal, but for marshall in a box tones my vote goes to the M audio crunchbox.

I'm not a fuzz guy myself, most fuzz pedals are preference more than anything though, imo.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Dave_Mc
Chirp and Swirl
2,967 IQ
^ yeah (going by my joyo clones ). I'd also say the ocd is more like a vintage marshall tone, the crunch box is more like hot-rodded 800 territory.
Quote by classicrocker01
Only on UG would I say I got engaged and bought a jet city and get congratulated on the amp

monwobobbo
607 IQ
for hendrix you want a Fuzz Face or a pedal that is based on it. i had the germanium version of the fuzz face and it didn't quite do it so get the silicon one (hendrix preferred) if you go that route. i recently bought a Seymour Duncan Tweak Fuzz and found that it works pretty well for hendrix with my setup (strat - peavey valveking). the new eric johnson fuzz face should work pretty good as well.
greeny23
This is me now!
6,045 IQ
Quote by Dave_Mc
^ yeah (going by my joyo clones ). I'd also say the ocd is more like a vintage marshall tone, the crunch box is more like hot-rodded 800 territory.

Dave_Mc
Chirp and Swirl
2,967 IQ
hey they sound pretty good
Quote by classicrocker01
Only on UG would I say I got engaged and bought a jet city and get congratulated on the amp

greeny23
This is me now!
6,045 IQ
Quote by Dave_Mc
hey they sound pretty good

Dave_Mc
Chirp and Swirl
2,967 IQ
Quote by classicrocker01

Dave_Mc
Chirp and Swirl
2,967 IQ
Quote by classicrocker01