Page 3 of 4
Quote by Pagan_Poetry
Are you not a fan of Rash? Are you not a fan of Pimple?

ARE YOU NOT A FAN OF ZITZ?!

I couldn't even beat the second level of that game
Quote by beadhangingOne
What happened to Snake?

Snake?

Snake?

SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE?!

Quote by TunerAddict
you can take my mouse and keyboard from my cold, slightly orange from cheetos, dead fingers

Quote by Baby Joel
Isis is amazing
Quote by stevetamer
Earthworm Jim Series

I can't believe I forgot that one

Also, Knight's Quest

^Oh, I forgot Commander Keen too
Quote by beadhangingOne
What happened to Snake?

Snake?

Snake?

SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE?!

Quote by TunerAddict
you can take my mouse and keyboard from my cold, slightly orange from cheetos, dead fingers

Quote by Baby Joel
Isis is amazing
Mother****in' Doom and Duke Nukem 3D. My childhood right der.

And Commander Keen was awesome. And Paperboy was a laugh. And the very first Prince of Persia.
Quote by Pagan_Poetry
^...Goldeneye revolutionized the FPS genre?

I haven't played the game since around 1999, but in all honesty, I can't think of much from Goldeneye that hadn't already been done earlier. The only major thing I can think of is varied mission objectives. That's about it.
There's a special sex move I do called the Charizard.
It's where you light the girls pubes, then put it out with your cum and run around the room flapping your arms screaming, "You don't have enough badges to train me!"
Quote by D1rk
Baldurs gate was awesome! Even though I didn't understand a word the characters were saying(I couldn't speak English) and I wasn't able to get very far because our fouth cd was scratched I loved the game. I do have a lot more memories about baldurs gate 2 though because I played that game couple of years later and because of that fully understood what I was doing. Throne of bhaal was too easy. Atleast it was on normal dificuility when powerplaying the original.

YES! Another fan.

Btw, if you don't still have the CDs, you can get a DVD or two that holds the games for fairly cheap on Amazon.

As for Throne of Bhaal, there's several mods here that make it more interesting. Also, there's several mods here. Of course, most of the mods on those two sites are either for BG1 or BG2, not the expansions. But the main campaigns are so epic, that it's just awesome.
I'm just shocked that people consider the age of the Dreamcast retro. I'd be hard pressed to even consider the SNES retro.
Worms.
Civilization.
Command and Conquer/Red Alert.
GTA Vice City/San Andreas (seriously Rock Star - re release San Andreas with online capabilities - it'll be the best ****ing game ever)

Yeah.
Quote by rocknrollstar
Worms.
Civilization.
Command and Conquer/Red Alert.
GTA Vice City/San Andreas (seriously Rock Star - re release San Andreas with online capabilities - it'll be the best ****ing game ever)

Yeah.

Which Civ? The entire series or a specific one? Personally, CivII (Test of Time Edition) & CivIV are my favorites.
My first console was the N64, and my two favorite games of all time are still Banjo Kazooie, and Paper Mario.
Quote by Rockford_rocks
My opinion exactly. Best pokemon game, hands down. Black and White are not far behind.

Quote by Pagan_Poetry
HG/SS is the rare example of a rerelease actually adding to an already great game.

Also B/W is no laughing matter, either (except for some of the pokemon). Bring on B/W 2!
x123456789
You are now using UG Black.
You are now using UG Classic.

Listening to: This jazz piano music playing over the PA like wow for once it's good stuff they're playing

What if blue cheese is just regular cheese but it's accelerating towards you really fast?
Quote by crazysam23_Atax
Which Civ? The entire series or a specific one? Personally, CivII (Test of Time Edition) & CivIV are my favorites.

It was on PS1 - I "borrowed" it from a cousin who was older than me who didn't bother with it (he was hooked on Resident Evil) Can't remember the actual title of it.

Shit was so cash. You had any experience with the newer ones? My friend said it was on Xbox, not sure if it would be the same. Tried a console version of Red Alert - does not work.
Tekken, Streets of Rage, Crash Bandicoot.
Quote by neidnarb11890
the chinese take-out place my family always ordered from gave you chopsticks, so as a kid it was fun to try & eat with chopsticks
now i just use a fork, 'cuz nothing is fun anymore & i just want to shovel food into my mouth to fill the void
Zelda, pokemon, sonic/thread.
Quote by Stranglehold
That's it, you're all banned.

Quote by stevebomb
If I wanted to listen to something slow, I'd play some hippie music.
Megaman X

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
the lack of mortal kombat is disturbing

that game radically changed video games forever and was fun as ****

crash bandicoot is second for me

Perfect Dark. Turok. Baldurs Gate/Icewindale. Castle Wolfenstein for Windows 95
No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
Quote by raoooos
Phantasy Star I-IV

This guy deserves a medal.
Quote by TheSennaj
And well yes, I'll enjoy the carpal tunnel and tendonitis, because trying to get one is clearly smarter than any word you have spoken thus far.
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
This guy deserves a medal.

I need to get farther in those games, but I keep forgetting.
2013 #5 Uger
2012 #7 Uger

Quote by jetfuel495
Jesus, Horsedick, you are my hero

Quote by JayT44
don't worry guys his girlfriend is black, she said it was okay for him to say that.

Stalk Me

Shitty Covers

Original Music

Lastfm
Quote by Horsedick.MPEG
I need to get farther in those games, but I keep forgetting.

PSII was the hardest RPG i've ever played, I beat the game at LV35 out of pure luck.
Quote by TheSennaj
And well yes, I'll enjoy the carpal tunnel and tendonitis, because trying to get one is clearly smarter than any word you have spoken thus far.
Quote by Mudmen190
Megaman simply can't hold a candle to Metroid.

How do you figure?

While they're both sidescrolling shooters, I find them hard to compare. Mega Man games have a linear feel and are level based. They're also more of platformers than the Metroid games. Metroid has a much darker atmosphere and is more based on exploration and secrets. While the game still flows in a linear pattern, you feel more like you're exploring a world. Something Mega Man doesn't have, but that's not the point.

Super Metroid may be one of the best games on the SNES, but the Metroid series as a whole doesn't have as many exceptional titles as Mega Man. Keep in mind we're talking pre-Prime here.

Just to drive the point home.
Gibson SG Standard
Ibanez S2170FB
Peavey JSX
Marshall 1960A
TEXAS A&M
Quote by Rockford_rocks
How do you figure?

While they're both sidescrolling shooters, I find them hard to compare. Mega Man games have a linear feel and are level based. They're also more of platformers than the Metroid games. Metroid has a much darker atmosphere and is more based on exploration and secrets. While the game still flows in a linear pattern, you feel more like you're exploring a world. Something Mega Man doesn't have, but that's not the point.

Super Metroid may be one of the best games on the SNES, but the Metroid series as a whole doesn't have as many exceptional titles as Mega Man. Keep in mind we're talking pre-Prime here.

I understand they're different games designed to do different things, but the scope of creativity in Super Metroid, and what it pulls off, is just incredible.
Take a look at this screenshot.

That corpse's unofficial name is UMS 8, which stands for Unidentified Miscellaneous Subject 8. He hasn't got an official name. There's no backstory for him. Who knows how long it's been there. When you find him, he's covered in bugs, and if you leave the room, the bugs come back. You can see the yellow liquid around him - Perhaps it's blood, or from his suit? He's armoured, just as Samus is, and he's dead.
It's the level of detail which is endlessly satiating, and I can't think of a single thing in the game that doesn't contribute to it.
/fanboiism <_<
The original Quake - I played the everloving shit out of that game, and still do to this very day.

Also - Silly Putty, Dizzy Egg, Zool, Asteroids, Fire 'n' Ice

Quote by JackalUK
I'm just shocked that people consider the age of the Dreamcast retro. I'd be hard pressed to even consider the SNES retro.

Too true my man, I guess people like us are the dinosaurs of gaming.
Quote by GLP_Arclite
Pooping is well good though, to be fair.

I've got a handle on the fiction.

I'm losing my grip, 'cos I'm losing my fingers.
Last edited by metacarpi at Sep 25, 2012,
The SNES/Megadrive era is where I'd draw the retro line - they get a pass, but everything else is too modern.

Or maybe I'm just too old.
Quote by GLP_Arclite

Quote by JackalUK
The SNES is from the 90s, would you consider a 90s car as retro...

To be fair, that's not really a fair comparison, as cars are expected to have longer life spans than video game consoles.
Quote by GLP_Arclite

Quote by JackalUK
The SNES is from the 90s, would you consider a 90s car as retro...

Cars have been around 8 times as long as video game consoles.