Duarteman
1,087 IQ
I'm sick of buying low end crappy cables, they only last some months before starting failing. I was hoping you guys could recomend me some nice cable brand / model. I'm looking for strong and durable cables, not very expensive.

Thanks!
BigHeadClan
Mistro
339 IQ
Pretty much anything that has a lifetime warranty is going to be pretty solid cable, Monster is an overpriced but quality cable so you will more or less want to avoid those.

Planet Waves and Livewires are the only other cables I've heard good things about
Often in ones madness resides genius. Thus for a mind seeped in madness, the imagination is limitless.
guitardedhero
223 IQ
Bullet coil cables are incredible.
Guitars:
Jackson DKMGT
Squier CVC
Amps:
Peavey 6505+/Mesa 4x12
Pedalboard:
TC Polytune
ISP Decimator G String
Green Rhino
MXR Phase 90
MXR 10 band EQ
BBE Sonic Stomp
Guyatone MDm5 Delay
Guyatone MD3 Delay
TC Hall of Fame Reverb
ihartfood
Potato Faced Blind Man
551 IQ
Fun story about Livewire cables and how damn durable they are:

I've faceplanted a Roland Jazz Chorus with one plugged in and it bent in half, and it still works as an angled cable.

I dropped a milkshake on a pile of them. they all still work.

I'll never buy another brand. haha
EncoreBlade
2,747 IQ
Yea I got me a mix/extra of Planet Waves and Livewire patch cables and a 12' Monster Cable, and two 20 ft Livewires (The extra just in case). I pretty much will never have to buy another cable and if one breaks, the nearest guitar center is only about 10 minutes away.
Current/Main Gear
'06 MIA Fender Stratocaster
'97 Epiphone Les Paul Standard Lim. Ed.
'90s Peavey Classic 30
H&K Tubemeister 18
MXR 404 CAE Crybaby
Ibanez TS9
Ernie Ball Jr. Volume
Digitech Hardwire DL-8
TC Electronic Nova Repeater
Offworld92
One among the fence.
7,563 IQ
I've been using some of the same Live Wire cables for like 5 years now. Step on them, throw them around, tangle them every day. No issues.

Live Wire is the way to go for general purpose cables. And they have lifetime warranty as well. Monsters are a joke considering how much they cost.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Perverockstar69
3,494 IQ
Mogami, awesome!!!

Mesa Royal Atlantic
Laney LC15R
Emperor 4x12 Silver Bells
Gibson SG Standard
LTD Viper-500
Catalinbread Ottava Magus
Jim Dunlop CFH
MXR Carbon Copy
EHX Epitome
EHX Superego
Fuzz Hugger Algal Bloom
Way Huge Fat Sandwich
coolbeverage
banana-eating penguin
853 IQ
I have a Monster cable because of a good store-closing sale and it kicks ass. I also have a Planet Waves one that kicks a little bit less ass but is cheaper. I have a few Rodam cords as well and I think they have a lifetime warranty but don't feel as sturdy as the Planet Waves.
DeathByDestroyr
EDM
953 IQ
Have heard amazing things about Mogami. I'm going to get a bunch of their cable, andsome Switchcraft jacks here pretty soon.
'81 Ibanez DT400
'69 Bassman 50
Marshall 1960a
Offworld92
One among the fence.
7,563 IQ
No. That looks really cheap.

Get this.

http://item.mobileweb.ebay.com/viewitem?itemId=180976663820&index=1&nav=SEARCH&nid=50791517194

(Not sure if link will work or not, copy pasting on my phone.)

My band:
Fractured Instinct

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
ZoaL
140 IQ
Planet waves cables are pretty good, Also the Dimarzio ones (more expensive) they look awesome and feel very durable to me.
EncoreBlade
2,747 IQ
Current/Main Gear
'06 MIA Fender Stratocaster
'97 Epiphone Les Paul Standard Lim. Ed.
'90s Peavey Classic 30
H&K Tubemeister 18
MXR 404 CAE Crybaby
Ibanez TS9
Ernie Ball Jr. Volume
Digitech Hardwire DL-8
TC Electronic Nova Repeater
The Neighbor of the Beast
930 IQ
Monsters are great because you can walk into a store with a busted cable and get it replaced immediately - no receipt, no questions.

LiveWires are good because you can walk into any Guitar Center and get them swapped.

I prefer the Monsters over the LiveWires because of the solid connector (doesn't unscrew).

Having access to the wiring is moot because I'm not going to repair them, I just swap them out.

Planet Waves are OK, but getting one replaced under warranty is a hassle. Replacements are handled through an RMA process and they are mailed (I also think you need proof of purchase and you have to send in the busted cable).

If you gig, being able to swap out cables at a store-front without a receipt is huge.
guitardedhero
223 IQ
Shocked I'm the only one that mentioned Bullet cables, countless products artists use Bullet coil cables. Monster cables are garbage for their price point. Live Wires are awesome for their price point.
Guitars:
Jackson DKMGT
Squier CVC
Amps:
Peavey 6505+/Mesa 4x12
Pedalboard:
TC Polytune
ISP Decimator G String
Green Rhino
MXR Phase 90
MXR 10 band EQ
BBE Sonic Stomp
Guyatone MDm5 Delay
Guyatone MD3 Delay
TC Hall of Fame Reverb
Duarteman
1,087 IQ
I cannot buy things on Musiciansfriend.com because I'm from Europe (Portugal). And damn, all the cables you guys mentioned are damn expensive (ie Bullet Coil Cables por 35€ / 45US$)! I was looking for spending a little less, 20€ / 25$ max.

And about the Live Wire on the link I sent, are you sure that the cable is a copy? Usually I see that by the item location (fake when the source is Hong Kong or China). Since the cable's location is in the UK, I thought it wasn't a copy.
guitardedhero
223 IQ
If you look up reviews on the Bullet coil you'll prolly have no problem adding $20 to your budget, going cheap you'll end up spending more in the long run. Plus if you step on a coil it won't yank the cord out of your guitar, not to mention they look incredible! It stretches and returns with your running around so you won't trip over it or wrap it around pedal knobs or stands and stuff. Bullet makes the best coil, if you hold one you'll know what I mean, it's a beast of a cable!
Guitars:
Jackson DKMGT
Squier CVC
Amps:
Peavey 6505+/Mesa 4x12
Pedalboard:
TC Polytune
ISP Decimator G String
Green Rhino
MXR Phase 90
MXR 10 band EQ
BBE Sonic Stomp
Guyatone MDm5 Delay
Guyatone MD3 Delay
TC Hall of Fame Reverb
Dave_Mc
Chirp and Swirl
2,967 IQ
what's your budget and (rough, country will do) location?

oh and i reported that adbot above.
Quote by classicrocker01
Only on UG would I say I got engaged and bought a jet city and get congratulated on the amp

Duarteman
1,087 IQ
Quote by Dave_Mc
what's your budget and (rough, country will do) location?

oh and i reported that adbot above.

I was thinking about 20Eur as a budget. Like I said, I'm from Portugal and I don't mind buying from European stores or Amazon.co.uk or Ebay.
adamgur96
Not caring no more
865 IQ
Quote by guitardedhero
Bullet coil cables are incredible.

This.

Best. cables. ever.
I Have An Avant Garde Fetish....
Quote by Gantz92
Im in no way an amateur. I masturbate in public all the time.
Quote by Nelsean
I can get an erection just by looking at a plastic cup, or a river.
Quote by Obsceneairwaves
Don't worry, rape will always find a back way in
Offworld92
One among the fence.
7,563 IQ
There doesn't seem to be any Live Wire Advantage cables on the Ebay.co.uk site, which is really strange. I found this, but I'm pretty sure it's not from a store. Still, should do you just fine.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/10-foot-live-wire-advantage-instrument-cable-/270999614125?pt=US_Cables_Snakes_Interconnects&hash=item3f18d5f2ad

My band:
Fractured Instinct

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
guitardedhero
223 IQ
Quote by Offworld92
There doesn't seem to be any Live Wire Advantage cables on the Ebay.co.uk site, which is really strange. I found this, but I'm pretty sure it's not from a store. Still, should do you just fine.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/10-foot-live-wire-advantage-instrument-cable-/270999614125?pt=US_Cables_Snakes_Interconnects&hash=item3f18d5f2ad

Kinda short and used IMO, pretty sure OP is looking for something slightly better. All the Bullet cable variations are available on that ebay site. I still stand by that recommendation. It's really not that much of an investment if guitar/bass/etc matters to you.
Guitars:
Jackson DKMGT
Squier CVC
Amps:
Peavey 6505+/Mesa 4x12
Pedalboard:
TC Polytune
ISP Decimator G String
Green Rhino
MXR Phase 90
MXR 10 band EQ
BBE Sonic Stomp
Guyatone MDm5 Delay
Guyatone MD3 Delay
TC Hall of Fame Reverb
Offworld92
One among the fence.
7,563 IQ
Regardless, still good to show him what they look like so he doesn't get those weird Live Wires. No idea what those are.

My band:
Fractured Instinct

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
guitardedhero
223 IQ
Yup, you're right, I can spot Live Wires from across the room.
Guitars:
Jackson DKMGT
Squier CVC
Amps:
Peavey 6505+/Mesa 4x12
Pedalboard:
TC Polytune
ISP Decimator G String
Green Rhino
MXR Phase 90
MXR 10 band EQ
BBE Sonic Stomp
Guyatone MDm5 Delay
Guyatone MD3 Delay
TC Hall of Fame Reverb
Duarteman
1,087 IQ
I think I'm going to buy a cable from Planet Waves. It's just for home practice.
jetwash69
884 IQ
Did you already get the cable?

If not, here's some more food for thought.

The best connectors are Neutrik. Live Wire uses them, but they come in various grades. The regular Live Wires have the ones that someone was talking about unscrewing easily. The blue cable had some that look like better Neutrik connectors. The thing about that blue cable is that it did seem fake. That's not their current logo and usually their cables are black with blue heat shrink at the ends--at least the standard grade.

As for Bullet Cables, they are great, and worth the extra few dollars. Fender also makes good coiled cables, as does VOX, but the Bullets are much heavier duty--I use my Bullet Cable as my main stage cable and bring a Fender along for backup. On larger stages I either go wireless or I plug in a straight Live Wire Cable with a coupler.

I also have Monster and Planet Waves straight cables. The Monster looks pretty, and I use it at home between the pedalboard and amp. I bought it with my first guitar before I knew better (not worth the money). I use the Planet Waves one on stage between the pedal-board and amp. Now all I buy is Live Wire, and sometimes I replace the standard Neutrik connecters with the better ones; you can get them for between $2 - $6 each. I'd buy Bullet Cables again for the guitar, but only Live Wire for mic, patch, speaker, and straight instrument cables.

I've also used Peavey and mid-grade Hosa mic cables. Hosa uses a Chinese variant of Neutrik for the connectors (Rean) in their Pro line. They use real Neutriks in their Elite line. Peavey uses real Neutriks. The Peaveys are OK, but the Hosas were too thick and stiff. The mid-grade Hosa connectors are OK, but the low end ones suck.

Hope this helps.