I have experience reading chord charts, but i don't recognize these symbols. I spent a few minutes searching for myself, but hopefully someone can tell me what these symbols mean.

Cis
Es
Quote by shreddymcshred
I have experience reading chord charts, but i don't recognize these symbols. I spent a few minutes searching for myself, but hopefully someone can tell me what these symbols mean.

Cis
Es

Can you post a pic of the original chord chart that you found that in?? Context might help. i don't know
Si
I think it's a style of notation used in European countries, started out in Germany.

"Es" means flat. I don't know what "Cis" is

^ Edit, we posted at the same time, dude. There you have it above.

So basically, "is" means sharp and "s" means flat.
Last edited by mdc at Sep 26, 2012,
Quote by mdc
I think it's a style of notation used in European countries, started out in Germany.

"Es" means flat. I don't know what "Cis" is

^ Edit, we posted at the same time, dude. There you have it above.

So basically, "is" means sharp and "s" means flat.

´es´ is flat. Cis = Des and so on. Es is written like that so you don´t have the double ´E´. You are right on everything else.
We use those in Finland. C# is Cis and Eb is Es. But I think it kind of sucks. It's much easier in English when you just have to say C sharp or E flat. Also we use H instead of B in Finland (same in Germany I think) and when we say B, it means Bb. Confusing, eh?
Quote by AlanHB
Just remember that there are no boring scales, just boring players.

Gear

Bach Stradivarius 37G
Charvel So Cal
Hartke HyDrive 210c
Ibanez BL70
Laney VC30
Tokai TB48
Yamaha FG720S-12
Yamaha P115