Page 2 of 2
Well it's home I've restrung it. How do I check the intonation on one of these? I need to slightly raise the action of the E string, I think. The saddles on the bridge are adjustable but I'm not sure if they need to be altered or not.
Well if you have a VST host, you can probably download some kind of chromatic tuner. I use the tuner that's built into guitar rig 5 for mine. You basically have to tune the string up to pitch, fret it at the 12th and see if it registers as being in tune. If not, you need to adjust the intonation.
EH

"Show me war; show me pestilence; show me the blood-red hands of retribution..."
Yep, got it all figured out and tuned up now. The Peavey micro bass amp is a little weak and peaky though, but I did mic it last night as I didn't have time to play with DI settings.
Since this was recording, I would have directed the poster to one of the top two designs recorded and sent him for a Squier if there was no interest to spend much.
Quote by Sliide90027
Since this was recording, I would have directed the poster to one of the top two designs recorded and sent him for a Squier if there was no interest to spend much.

1- What is the point of posting in a thread that has obviously concluded?
2- We directed him to a good affordable guitar rather than one that is merely cheap.
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > MXR Custom Badass 78 > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
Laney VC30
Marshall TSL602
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
Quote by GaryBillington
1- What is the point of posting in a thread that has obviously concluded?
2- We directed him to a good affordable guitar rather than one that is merely cheap.

The point was to let everyone else say what they had to say.

In the end, I capped the whole thing with the reality that the Fender J and P Basses are the most recorded instruments of the Bass Guitar, and the selection of copies in that vein, despite new manufacture or country of origin, may well serve someone else who is likewise interested in the question.
Page 2 of 2