"Have you ever played your guitar with so much emotion that women literally cried?"

Page 1 of 3
Got this email from Tom Hess:

"Have you ever played your guitar with so much emotion that women literally cried?
I have... and it is one of the most rewarding musical experiences you can possibly imagine.
There are certain musical things you can do on your guitar that are so emotionally powerful
that you and others around you are sure to have a deep emotional experience. You don't have
to play anything complicated, nor fast, nor fancy... but you do need to understand how to
create such strong emotions in your guitar playing. Read all about it at:"

So. Has anyone apart from Tom Hess played guitar with so much emotion that they made a woman cry? Or is he talking absolute bollocks?
No, but I once made a chick cry by smashing my guitar over her head.
Quote by GLP_Arclite
Pooping is well good though, to be fair.

I've got a handle on the fiction.

I'm losing my grip, 'cos I'm losing my fingers.
It was accompanied by a poem and i believe that made them cry. The playing was a bonus.
Knowledge is power

I saw this. Laughed so much.

Probably cried from fear.
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
**** that, my guitar playing cured a young lad's cancer...

I say cured...... he hung himself with his shoelaces.

Little c*nt

Quote by lambofgod127
btw im in hs and im almost 18 so if u do think she was flirting with me dont say that its wrong im almost a grown man.

༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽ WE ARE ROB ༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽
I'm sure that when I started out I made many women tear up due to my playing. Nosebleeds are also quite possible too.
Quote by slash_GNR666
You sir, are a giant c*** and you finger will forever haunt my dreams.

Quote by Kind, Non-Existant User
Coco-Loco is the finest bit of meat on the butcher block.
I made myself cry by playing today, does that count?
No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
Quote by metacarpi
No, but I once made a chick cry by smashing my guitar over her head.

Quote by slapsymcdougal
I'm cockblocked regularly by my appearance and personality.
Never made them cry, but I have played so ****in' loud I blew their clothes off
I love all 5 (sold a couple) of my Carvin X-100b's.
Quote by jambi_mantra
I made myself cry by playing today, does that count?

Only if you're a girl.
Quote by one-dead-cop
Only if you're a girl.

Dammit
No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
All bitches ever do is initially act impressed with my talents, but then despise them because I spend time on my hobbies. It's like shit, how do you think I got good at something? Not spending it all day with bitching in my ear that's for sure>>

Anyway I'm pretty sure the average girl would cry over the songs lyrics than anything else.
Last edited by stratkat at Sep 27, 2012,
Made a girl cry ones... I played a song that played on the funeral of a family member that just died... I had no idea... we hugged, then we had sex.

I think I win.
My Soundcloud

My beginner rig:

Epiphone Goth G-400 SG
Line 6 Spider IV (Don't judge me, I was young and stupid)
Stagg SW203N
Yamaha APX500
Quote by one-dead-cop
Can you be taught how to play with emotion and feeling or is it something that you just have?

In my opinion when somebody is "taught" how to play with emotion, it's not how he expresses himself. Therefore, it's not the real HIM and he can't play it with natural emotion.
But when someone just lives through his playing and enjoys it, then it can be said that he plays with emotion, then it's "natural".
Quote by James Hetfield
Justice is lost, Justice is raped, Justice is GONE.

http://www.youtube.com/intwernet
Guitar and acoustic bass covers with creative editing
Quote by one-dead-cop
Can you be taught how to play with emotion and feeling or is it something that you just have?

Next time I'm on stage I'm gonna go crazy.

Emotion just comes with music, when I practice with my brother who drums, he's embarassed by how much I get into it when no one's around. I just get into constant movement/motion and lose myself.
Though I have adhd, and the power of 'hyperfocus' comes with that. Dunno if that helps me though, they say it makes you more creative.

Just be yourself while playing, no matter how you think you look, it's 10x better than a stiff or someone who doesn't get into their own music.
Last edited by stratkat at Sep 27, 2012,
Quote by one-dead-cop

It can be downloaded and installed into your brain.
I have.

Men, women, and children. All so overcome with emotion that they were covering their ears and begging me to stop playing.
Quote by one-dead-cop

Anyone can play with emotion, because everyone has emotions. If a teacher tells you that they can teach you how to do it, they're lying. Just lose yourself in the music. If you love playing guitar, then surely you should find it easy to pour your heart and soul into a performance.

It's easy to play with emotion, but the difficult thing is playing in a way that allows your audience to experience emotion.

I've made people cry by playing piano (not like, weeping, just teary and choking up ) but I think that was more to do with the pieces I played than my own musicianship. I played them with conviction, and I played the right notes, and I think that's the most important thing.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
Last edited by rabidguitarist at Sep 27, 2012,
Quote by one-dead-cop

There's no such thing as playing with emotion. There's just playing, and playing whilst making stupid faces and staring forlornly into the middle distance/with your eyes shut.
...Stapling helium to penguins since 1949.
I make myself and my dog howl.
not going viral

Hot E-Cousin of rjaylaf

Non Evil E-Twin of stealstrings

E-NEMESIS of deathdrummer
Quote by Todd Hart
There's no such thing as playing with emotion. There's just playing, and playing whilst making stupid faces and staring forlornly into the middle distance/with your eyes shut.

lol, this

"emotion" in regards to guitar (or any instrument really) is so ****ing stupid.
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
My solos are the shit and you know it. I played so damn well, I had all the women dropping jellyfish.
2013 #5 Uger
2012 #7 Uger

Quote by jetfuel495
Jesus, Horsedick, you are my hero

Quote by JayT44
don't worry guys his girlfriend is black, she said it was okay for him to say that.

Stalk Me

Shitty Covers

Original Music

Lastfm
Quote by BjarnedeGraaf
Made a girl cry ones... I played a song that played on the funeral of a family member that just died... I had no idea... we hugged, then we had sex.

I think I win.

I am really surprised by the number of funeral hookups I have heard about.
Quote by BjarnedeGraaf

I think I win.

Sounds like you took advantage of a grieving woman.

In my restless dreams...
I see that town.
Silent Hill.
You promised you'd take me there again someday.
But you never did.

Well, I'm alone there now.
In our 'special place'...
Waiting for you.

Quote by one-dead-cop

You can be taught how to connect musical ideas together in a way that builds tension and releases it, which played in the right way can lead to an emotional response.
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
Quote by one-dead-cop

As corny as it will sound, and it will, things like that really do come from the heart and soul. It's about connecting with what you're playing on an emotional level. You can learn how to play and play well, you can learn the most tricks and skills and work to become the most technical player you can be, but the raw emotion and passion has to come from you and you alone. If you're thinking about how to play a solo in detail, you're overthinking.
Adding nothing of major interest to topics on UG since March 03, 2007.

Quote by Obsceneairwaves
Just because you have skill doesn't mean you sound good.
Last edited by Engel22 at Sep 27, 2012,
Quote by Alpha_Wolf
Sounds like you took advantage of a grieving woman.

Well, yeah.

PROFIT
My Soundcloud

My beginner rig:

Epiphone Goth G-400 SG
Line 6 Spider IV (Don't judge me, I was young and stupid)
Stagg SW203N
Yamaha APX500
Quote by BjarnedeGraaf

I think I win.

It was Wonderwall right?
This one time I played this one bend for twelve 4/4 bars at like 70 bpm, while making this huge jizz face.. So many emotions brah, women got pregnant that day.
Quote by whywefight
I played women with such emotion my guitar cried.... does that count?

Do you mean the Def Leppard song? Or you just played a woman?
Page 1 of 3