1-500
3 3%
1-1000
22 23%
never do it man
39 41%
Voters: 96.
Page 1 of 2
If someone said I'll give you a million dollars to say- do a skydive, then brought you to a room to pick a parachute but you knew one was packed with laundry, how many chutes would you need in there to make you do it (ie, 4 chutes - 1 in 4 odds, 100 chutes -1 in 100 etc) poll coming
one
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
depends on the the reward and how close to good ol' "rock bottom" i've come. i'd say 1/4 is decent enough. maybe 1/6 russian roulette status
If only one chute was packed with laundry, I'd want the most chutes possible to pick from, so 100.
Like podcasts? Listen to these!
BEER!
VIDEO GAMES!
MOVIES/GEEKY SHIT!

Last edited by zappp : Today at 4:20 PM. Reason: Suck on my balls, UG
Jump out of the plane without a parachute at all. YOLO.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by Tempoe
If someone said I'll give you a million dollars to say- do a skydive, then brought you to a room to pick a parachute but you knew one was packed with laundry, how many chutes would you need in there to make you do it (ie, 4 chutes - 1 in 4 odds, 100 chutes -1 in 100 etc) poll coming

I'd do it with odds of just 1 in 2, but I'd be secretly making a deal with the pilot to swap chutes for a share of half the money once I was on the plane.
Quote by SlackerBabbath
I'd do it with odds of just 1 in 2, but I'd be secretly making a deal with the pilot to swap chutes for a share of half the money once I was on the plane.

Wise even beyond your years.
seriously though if only one parachute is filled with laundry all you need is two. having a hundred is just annoying
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
Also yeah, if they had the million in cash right there tempting you as well.

I'd be pretty tempted with the 1-10, probably realistically go for it at 1-20.
1-1000 The odds are in my favor if there's 999 parachutes and only one sack of laundry.
Quote by L2112Lif
I put a ton of my capital into SW Airlines... The next day, THE NEXT DAY these nutters fly into the WTC. What the hell? Apparently no one wanted to fly anymore, and I was like "What gives? God damnit Osama, let me win a fuggin' game!"
A million bucks? Honestly, I'd probably go for 1-10 odds. Most likely I'm a millionaire and if not I'm dead fast.
Quote by whoomit
I think my girlfriend would kill me if I risked my life like that.

This.

Plus, I really don't feel like being that stupid.
It would have to 100% chance of success for me.

Think about it, Russia roulette with a standard 6 shot revolver, you have an 83.3% of hitting an empty chamber.

Still not good enough odds for me to gamble my life. I value my life a lot higher than $1 million.
Last edited by jugglingfreak at Sep 28, 2012,
Pfft. Everyone knows you can pull a McGyver if ever you pick the laundry by using drapes as a parachute.

...or you can take a quick peek at the contents of the bags while the other guy's not looking

Also

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gXYfnWRp1Q0
What how the **** you do that?
Quote by Axelfox
Please understand how little we as a community care
Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE at Sep 28, 2012,
I'd probably take the offer around 100 if it was a verbal auction type of thing, but if I just had a list of all my options I'm taking the largest amount of parachutes, obviously.
Well you'd probably be safest with just the one main chute and a reserve, so that.
...Stapling helium to penguins since 1949.
I quite enjoy being alive, so I'd prefer not to gamble it for money, thank you.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2016: 78-65
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2016: 1-0
2016 NFL Pick 'Em: 10-6
ITT: wimps and pussies

I'd do it with 1-4 odds 75% chance of me winning. Or 1-100 is practically guaranteed.
pinga
1/10. Theres no way in hell im doing anything with more than a 10% chance of death
________________________________ ________________________________
______________________________ ______________________________
One, then bring my own parachute.
^^ Hahah, I'm just kidding.. or am I?

Don't click this.
...i don't understand the advantage in picking any probability greater than 1/1000 if you wanna live...
Quote by Cb4rabid
ITT: wimps and pussies

You know the funny part, it's easy to sit here and say, "I'll do it for these odds". To actually do it, that requires a lot of stupidity or a huge thrill rush desire.
Quote by Kensai
Jump out of the plane without a parachute at all. YOLO.

YOLOAWTDMIWBFL

(You only live once, and with that decision making it won't be for long)
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
ITT: People not knowing how odds work
Quote by robertsanidiot
Jesus died for their sins. It would be a waste if they just didn't sin it up. If you ask me, it's almost unchristian if you DON'T eat the kiddies.
Quote by StewieSwan
Hahaha you short fuck
Quote by due 07
LOL manlet
Quote by Cb4rabid
I live for the thrill.

*inforthekill

Go to it then!

Edit:
I expect a thread stating that you tried this and didn't die. If I never see you post again, well...shit, you'd be dead.
Quote by crazysam23_Atax
Go to it then!

If only the opportunity arises where I'm kidnapped by a stranger, put in a room with parachutes and offered a million dollars and hope to christ I didn't choose the faulty one, I'll do it.
pinga
Page 1 of 2