In my opinion out of the classic rock genre Bohemian Rhapsody has to be the best composed song out of that genre. With all its compilations and overlaps and composition effects it stands out amognst others. Anyone dare say otherwise?
An argument could be made for Freebird though, especially if you're talking classic guitar based, blues influenced Rock and Roll. Not ripping on Queen, love the band; but Skynyrd and Freebird is right up there in the legendary category
Hotel California, pretty obligatory. Great composition, and also the only song that I have never heard anyone say they didn't like.
Gibson SG Standard
Ibanez S2170FB
Peavey JSX
Marshall 1960A
TEXAS A&M
Quote by sacamano79
Hotel California, pretty obligatory. Great composition, and also the only song that I have never heard anyone say they didn't like.

Totally unnecessary to say, but I love that song.
Not disagreeing with the input here, maybe I should throw in "Carry on my wayward son".
But that could just be me being bias as it fits so perfectly with Supernatural season finales'.
Quote by whywefight
Legendary, you say?

As much as the song is extremely appealing to most classic rock audiences; clearly the song is wa to overrated. There is nothing really composed of it that is extrordinary as Bohemian Rhapsody, or Free Bird as someone else mentioned
Quote by Millercaster
An argument could be made for Freebird though, especially if you're talking classic guitar based, blues influenced Rock and Roll. Not ripping on Queen, love the band; but Skynyrd and Freebird is right up there in the legendary category

Yes I agree if we were looking solely or primarirly at guitar based compositions; free bird would probably beat Bohemian Rhapsody, however overall I have to say Queen is slightly better due to the fact not only does the guitar overlap, but the main part of the composition is the heavy vocal arrangement and editing. That is really what makes the song stick out. Besides its first guitar solo, the guitar doesn't really have any influential parts to it besides adding side effects with over laps. THe vocals however make it prominant. Then there's also the three part stages to the song. Melodic (smooth rock/ slow rock? not sure which) Then of course the Opera mid section, then the hard rock section. With those factors I think they beat free bird, only slightly though. The Margins are slim, but clearly BOTH ARE AWESOME SONGS!
Quote by sacamano79

Whoa I hadn't even thought about them but yes you are right GREAT PIECE. Damn now it's a tough decision between Queen , Skynard and The Eagles
queen - innundo...such a masterpieace
guns roses - november rain/estranged
"sayyy "Vandelay Industries " sayyy " Vandelay Industries" -george-

Haaappyyy Festivus.
Quote by Peaceful Rocker
I dunno.

Pink Floyd has some really well composed songs.

As does Yes, Rush, Zeppelin, Genesis.

you are SOOOO right
Subjective thread is subjective.

Gibson LP Traditional, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm > TC Polytune > MXR Custom Badass 78 > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
Laney VC30
Marshall TSL602
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
Is it even physically possible to say "I hate Bohemian Rhapsody" out loud? I really don't think so.
Quote by GaryBillington
Subjective thread is subjective.

Cookie for the only right answer in this thread.
Quote by Resiliance
I'm more of a hermafrodite guy.

Quote by apocalypse13
Lolz

/ultimatesin = genius]

[/really super obvious]

Original creator of the Resi Signal(s)
Only old shred forum regs get it

Some MP3's from me.

My Videos

Click for awesomeness
It's one of those songs we love to wheel out from time to time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D8vxj6ME11g

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vgCdGuC69SQ
Quote by laid-to-waste
look nigga, if you're chillin with 5 bros and 2 hos, you're gonna wanna pay attention to all of em equally. not moon over the hos forever and laugh at every shitty thing they say and just stare at them all night, like some of my mates do.
Interesting. Queen are one of my all time favourite bands, huge fan growing up of everything from Queen II to Innuendo and what a great title track that is, BUT I think of Stairway To Heaven as more of the ultimate classic rock composition. Hotel California would be up there but Stairway is the one for me.
Guitar Instructor For TrueFire - Classroom 'Guitar Babylon'
Author of 'Jazz For The Blues Guitarist'
website
Thank you Wayne's World (1992).
Quote by laid-to-waste
look nigga, if you're chillin with 5 bros and 2 hos, you're gonna wanna pay attention to all of em equally. not moon over the hos forever and laugh at every shitty thing they say and just stare at them all night, like some of my mates do.
Hotel California is good song but IMO overrated and doesn't really compare to Stairway or Bohemian Rhapsody.
I really like Layla, by Clapton.

If we're talking Stairway & Bohemian; Layla too.
Quote by laid-to-waste
Can I say Dark Side of the Moon as a single composition? Because that would definitely nodge it just over Bohemian Rhapsody.
"We are a metal band. Metal is brutal, metal vocals are brutal. I want some coffee."
i believe Pink Floyd Echoes, Shine on and Comfortably numb have better "Composition" then BR, i think BR is pretty overrated song because of Death of Fredie but still it is an awesome song and have one of the BEST compositions.
I wouldnt say its the greatest Classic ROck song ever. BUt its as everything a personal tast. Im not the biggest queen fan anyway
Hey, I've just received a free Minecraft Giftcode!
You can get one too!

>> minecraftcodes.me <<