sixsrtingsunder
56 IQ
For the sake of conversation, heres a servey/question. I play mainly hard rock and metal. So in that text,considering a drop d tuning, and the sheer amount of pedal tone in the rhytm section. Who out there, changes key to d to solo and who out there just plays c min as d dim.? Why?
mdc
UG's Mr Chord Man
722 IQ
Quote by jazz_rock_feel

For the sake of conversation, heres a servey/question. I play mainly hard rock and metal. So in that text,considering a drop d tuning, and the sheer amount of pedal tone in the rhytm section. Who out there, changes key to d to solo and who out there just plays c min as d dim.? Why?
rockingamer2
Larmarky Remark
408 IQ
Hard rock and metal generally want to play the lowest notes possible quite often, so I'm willing to bet that if you tuned to drop D, the song would be D minor. So I would solo in D minor.

I play a C minor chord when I want to play a C minor chord, and I play a D diminished chord when I want to play a D diminished chord (but I usually want to play a D half-diminished seventh chord most of the time anyway).
^^The above is a Cryptic Metaphor^^

"To know the truth of history is to realize its ultimate myth and its inevitable ambiguity." Everything is made up and the facts don't matter.

MUSIC THEORY LINK
mdc
UG's Mr Chord Man
722 IQ
Quote by rockingamer2
I play a C minor chord when I want to play a C minor chord, and I play a D diminished chord when I want to play a D diminished chord

Reeeeaaaaally? Why make life so difficult for yourself?
jazz_rock_feel
UG Resident
2,242 IQ
Quote by mdc

Ohh, it's all so clear now.
Spaztikko
2,246 IQ
Can we post the lulwut pear again, or not?

Because this is perfect.
AlanHB
Godin's Resident Groupie
1,703 IQ
Quote by Spaztikko
Can we post the lulwut pear again, or not?

Because this is perfect.

Best to play it safe mate, although I do recognise that internet forums now use memes as a common form of communication, the pear is explicitly denounced in the rules.
And no, Guitar Hero will not help. Even on expert. Really.
Soundcloud
Hail
i'm a mean bully
431 IQ
Quote by AlanHB
Best to play it safe mate, although I do recognise that internet forums now use memes as a common form of communication, the pear is explicitly denounced in the rules.

it's not a meme when it's just so damn annoying
Quote by theogonia777
Hail killed MT

Quote by jongtr
I want to be Hail when I grow up.
Hail
i'm a mean bully
431 IQ
Quote by jazz_rock_feel
^That's exactly when it is a meme.

oh right my b

i tend to be really lax with UG's memes though

cause i mean, half the time they're already making music theory jokes, so in for a penny in for a pound and all that
Quote by theogonia777
Hail killed MT

Quote by jongtr
I want to be Hail when I grow up.
mdc
UG's Mr Chord Man
722 IQ
Quote by sixsrtingsunder
Good lord, I havent laughed that hard in forever.

Definitely second this...
Quote by :-D
- what conversation do you hope to spark other than "holy shit this guy's an idiot"
Xiaoxi
Registered Luser
2,744 IQ
TS please seek psychiatric help

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
mdc
UG's Mr Chord Man
722 IQ
Quote by sixsrtingsunder

amonamarthmetal
1,808 IQ
i used to be haverd inglish techer b4 reeding dis.
Gear:
Dean RC7X (Bareknuckle Coldsweat pickups)
Ibanez Rg2570Z (Bareknuckle Juggernaughts)
Schecter KM-6
Schecter Hellraiser Hybrid 7 String
Engl Powerball II
Orange PPC412
Line 6 Pod HD500X
W4RP1G
Please, call me Pig.
2,847 IQ
Quote by Hail
it's not a meme when it's just so damn annoying

I fail to see how it's more annoying that any other meme.