70 51%
I'm not sure
16 12%
Voters: 138.
Page 1 of 6
The Madcap
Classical Guitarist
9,780 IQ

On the last Parks and Recreation, Leslie proposes a tax on Soda. If you see the picture above, the sizes are ridiculously unhealthy. The size small is 64 ounces, and Regular is unfathomable.

Leslie wanted to do the tax because the drinks are filled with sugar and very unhealthy. Ron didn't want to do it because of libertarian consumer freedom reasons.

Anyways satire aside, I went to Jack In The Box the other day, and they had a deal going on where all Large sodas were $1.00. Since it was a special and it would have been more expensive to get a small ($1.79) I got a large. The size was ridiculous, and it was an amount nobody should ever drink in one sitting. I think I heard they banned that in New York.

Anyways, if you had a chance to vote, would you vote in favor of the bill, or against it?
Bob_Sacamano
UG Board King
238 IQ
Woah, literally just finished this 2 minutes ago. Against it, I was really disappointed Leslie is that kind of politician.
jakesmellspoo
turndiningbackintoeating
2,165 IQ
people bitching about the soda ban in NY are silly.
mugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmug
WCPhils
UnBanned
731 IQ
lol, I was really mad she supported that. So stupid.
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
whywefight
~I'm not fuckin around~
1,725 IQ
Or we could just sue whoever sells that big of containers. And make a documentary out of it 'Supersize Me' style.

Besides, its natural selection. I don't understand why people buy big containers. Just refill that bitch.
whywefight
~I'm not fuckin around~
1,725 IQ
Quote by Ichikurosaki
do you live in america? are sizes really that much bigger?

an XL here is just about enough, ordering any smaller is silly

I think larges here are smaller than the small in that picture. Honestly, I don't drink much fountain pop.
Skullivan
EG Fan aka Bandwagoner
1,556 IQ
I remember seeing the preview for that episode
"It's 'child size' because it's the size of a child" (or something like that)

OT: The larges at most FF restaurants are unfathomable. Unless you're going on a road trip you don't need 32+oz of soda. As far as taxing soda goes, I could care less.

EDIT: Some named "JackintehBox" has viewed my profile recently. They're watching us on UG.
Last edited by Skullivan at Sep 29, 2012,
Xiaoxi
Registered Luser
2,744 IQ
Against it. But also obesity-related medical care cost should not be footed by taxpayer money.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
The Madcap
Classical Guitarist
9,780 IQ
Quote by Ichikurosaki
do you live in america? are sizes really that much bigger?
No, Parks and Rec was using hyperbole. But a large is pretty big, though. Small is usually 20 oz., and a Large would be like that 64 oz. or even 72 oz.
crazysam23_Atax
Feuergesicht
5,710 IQ
Quote by The Madcap
Leslie wanted to do the tax because the drinks are filled with sugar and very unhealthy. Ron didn't want to do it because of libertarian consumer freedom reasons.

I agree with Ron (though not for his reasons). I've always been against the government being paternalistic. If I want to drink sugary soda all day, who the hell is a government body to tell me I can't?

Speaking of...grabbing a Dr. Pepper, bitches!
metal4eva_22
PonyFan #376121
890 IQ
They tax smokers, why not tax fat people as well? Infact, let's start taxing everyone who is different. Just look at all the problems our differences create.
-The Crimson Fucker, aka PonyFan #376121
whywefight
~I'm not fuckin around~
1,725 IQ
Quote by metal4eva_22
They tax smokers, why not tax fat people as well? Infact, let's start taxing everyone who is different. Just look at all the problems our differences create.

Personally, I think we should skip fat people and go straight to bronies. Wait, there isn't a difference I guess.
Mudmen190
Galactic Bounthunterrrrrr
226 IQ
This is the kind of thing that I would actually support. There are sandwiches at the convenience store here that have 119% of the daily recommended sodium intake. I think that should either be taxed, or illegal.
lolmnt
Earth of the Butt
4,159 IQ
We should just rock that scoober instead.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
slipknot5678
UG Monkey
670 IQ
Generally I have an opinion on taxes, but when it comes to specific excise taxes like this I have no idea what I should think.
metal4eva_22
PonyFan #376121
890 IQ
Quote by whywefight
Personally, I think we should skip fat people and go straight to bronies. Wait, there isn't a difference I guess.

I agree. **** those faggot, nigger loving, man children. They preach love and tolerance because we all know that they're a buncha faggots. That just sounds like a bunch of queer talk t' me. Donating to charities and all that other gay shit. I bet they even support interracial marriage, polutin' the gene pool with all that shit. We all know that they sit around in their parents basements jerking off to cartoon horses. All of them do it at all times. Not one of them is a functional member of society, like the other good people of the internet. You and me, we've gotta put a stop to all these goddam faggots.
ErikLensherr
MGTOW
1,630 IQ
Quote by metal4eva_22
I agree. **** those faggot, nigger loving, man children. They preach love and tolerance because we all know that they're a buncha faggots. That just sounds like a bunch of queer talk t' me. Donating to charities and all that other gay shit. I bet they even support interracial marriage, polutin' the gene pool with all that shit. We all know that they sit around in their parents basements jerking off to cartoon horses. All of them do it at all times. Not one of them is a functional member of society, like the other good people of the internet. You and me, we've gotta put a stop to all these goddam faggots.

He mad.

Also they didn't ban big soda sizes here, they just proposed it and then there was an uproar and they've dropped it afaik.

It was a dumb tax.
Quote by EpiExplorer
I swear this guy in particular writes for the telegraph or some shit.

Quote by Rossenrot
I was in NYC for all of about 5 minutes until I was called a cracker and called out to fight someone.
whywefight
~I'm not fuckin around~
1,725 IQ
Quote by metal4eva_22

Dam straight! Wanna go fuck close relatives with me while hunting illegally?
zgr0826
UG's Cowardly Bassist
904 IQ
I believe that they shouldn't be available, but I'll let people put pressure on the companies, not the government.
I Like St. Anger, So What?

Quote by NewDayHappy

I love my gays man, but a child could be buying that whopper. It just makes for a very awkward situation in the mini van when the father is talking to his son.

ayy lmao
zackk
608 IQ
Although I'm against a soda tax, I would certainly drink less of it if it were taxed or more expensive. I usually drink one or two cans of Coke per day, but when I was in Europe, I drank one in a two week period because it was so expensive and I couldn't bring myself to spend that much on a coke. However, I ended up drinking substantially more alcohol than I normally do.
The Charm
King Platypus
534 IQ
It isn't the governments job to decide what I'm allowed to put into my body. If I want to kill myself on cigars, beer and big gulps that's my own god damn business.
The B-52 Bombers Group!
Own a B-52 amp? Join the club!

Quote by nashawa
He may be a troll, but he's an incredibly successful troll. So kudos on that.
CodeMonk
UG's Old Fart
1,581 IQ
Quote by MakinLattes
Oregon doesn't have sales tax. Do whatever.

They'll just increase your property taxes then.

Yeah, just what we all need. More damn taxes.
crazysam23_Atax
Feuergesicht
5,710 IQ
Quote by Mudmen190
This is the kind of thing that I would actually support. There are sandwiches at the convenience store here that have 119% of the daily recommended sodium intake. I think that should either be taxed, or illegal.

Why? Besides the whole "it's unhealthy" argument, I've never heard a justifiable reason why we should tax people for their unhealthy choices.
Wolfinator-x
Teeth
1,337 IQ
Quote by The Charm
It isn't the governments job to decide what I'm allowed to put into my body. If I want to kill myself on cigars, beer and big gulps that's my own god damn business.
It's a good thing people don't have pay taxes for public healthcare or something, am I right?

/the closest I'll ever come to being political here on UG. I don't even have an opinion on anything, really. But where I'm from people left and right are bitching about ever-increasing taxes so yeah
You are now using UG Black.
You are now using UG Classic.
Artists I'm listening to a lot lately:
Stray Cats, Gustav Holst

Mah Youtube vids.
if you truly loved me, you'd watch them (psst; it's not just glam stuff)

Mah Soundcloud
Last edited by Wolfinator-x at Sep 29, 2012,
metal4eva_22
PonyFan #376121
890 IQ
Quote by whywefight
Dam straight! Wanna go fuck close relatives with me while hunting illegally?

'Course. After that we can patrol the border for illegals. Goddam illegals stealin' our jerbs.
Hydra150
cutebutt mcsexyface
1,793 IQ
I voted for the tax because I don't like various aspects of the food industry and it's effects on public health (particularly on poor), but I don't think taxing would be the best way to change things. It could help though.
But boys will be boys and girls have those eyes
that'll cut you to ribbons, sometimes
and all you can do is just wait by the moon
and bleed if it's what she says you ought to do
Wolfinator-x
Teeth
1,337 IQ
Quote by metal4eva_22
'Course. After that we can patrol the border for illegals. Goddam illegals stealin' our jerbs.
And all those god-forsaken gay sand-nigger-Jews with disabilities who support women's rights.
You are now using UG Black.
You are now using UG Classic.
Artists I'm listening to a lot lately:
Stray Cats, Gustav Holst

Mah Youtube vids.
if you truly loved me, you'd watch them (psst; it's not just glam stuff)

Mah Soundcloud
crazysam23_Atax
Feuergesicht
5,710 IQ
Quote by Hydra150
I voted for the tax because I don't like various aspects of the food industry and it's effects on public health (particularly on poor), but I don't think taxing would be the best way to change things. It could help though.

What would help more would be to encourage people to eat healthy foods. Why not do PSAs about advocating that?
TSmitty6
In the traphouse
300 IQ
The govt isnt our mommy. Let the obesity thrive.
58-32 NFL Thread Pick Em.
Hydra150
cutebutt mcsexyface
1,793 IQ
Quote by crazysam23_Atax
What would help more would be to encourage people to eat healthy foods. Why not do PSAs about advocating that?

Prostate-Specific Antigen's?
But boys will be boys and girls have those eyes
that'll cut you to ribbons, sometimes
and all you can do is just wait by the moon
and bleed if it's what she says you ought to do
Mudmen190
Galactic Bounthunterrrrrr
226 IQ
Quote by crazysam23_Atax
Why? Besides the whole "it's unhealthy" argument, I've never heard a justifiable reason why we should tax people for their unhealthy choices.

Companies don't have your health as their best interest. The government should, as (if general public health isn't good enough) it could potentially cut down on obesity and diet-related hospital visits, thus reducing costs.
whywefight
~I'm not fuckin around~
1,725 IQ
Quote by metal4eva_22

DURKA DURRR
The Charm
King Platypus
534 IQ
Quote by Wolfinator-x
It's a good thing people don't have pay taxes for public healthcare or something, am I right?

/the closest I'll ever come to being political here on UG. I don't even have an opinion on anything, really. But where I'm from people left and right are bitching about ever-increasing taxes so yeah

We don't where I live, well...at least not yet.
The B-52 Bombers Group!
Own a B-52 amp? Join the club!

Quote by nashawa
He may be a troll, but he's an incredibly successful troll. So kudos on that.
Gibson_SG_uzr55
DJ SNAAAAKKEEE
4,027 IQ
Against. The only way I would support a tax on junk food is if food companies got a tax incentive or something of the like to lower the price of healthy food. That way the poor aren't practically forced to buy junk food.
Quote by beadhangingOne
What happened to Snake?

Snake?

Snake?

SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE?!

Quote by TunerAddict
you can take my mouse and keyboard from my cold, slightly orange from cheetos, dead fingers

Quote by Baby Joel
Isis is amazing