Sleepy__Head
A cornucopia of trivia
54 IQ
Mix-wise it sounds kinda muddy.

First off - it sounds like nearly everything's panned dead-center. If you do that everything will get in the way of everything else and you'll end up turning everything up to 11 just to make it heard. A better idea is to pan your guitars left & right, keep the bass central but widen it so it doesn't get in the way of the kick so much. Keep the kick dead center and move the snare and hi-hat slightly off to one side. Arrange the cymbals and toms around the stereo field as well.

EQ-wise:
The cymbals are lacking high-end;
The guitars have either got too much bass in them (so they're masking the bass) and not quite enough high-mid (so they're not cutting through). I'd put both an HP and LP filter on them to get them out of the way of both the bass and the cymbals;
The snare lacks presence (not enough highs);
The kick has plenty of click but not enough thud (boost the low end, or cut the highs where the click is so the thud cuts through more);
The bass is kinda inaudible but that has a lot to do with the fact that the low - low-mid end of the mix is fairly well saturated.

If you can get the rhythm guitar, bass & kick out of the way of each other that will help enormously.

Nice playing, btw.

If you want to C4C the link is https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1565583
Quote by Hail
oh shut up with that /mu/ bullshit. fidget house shouldn't even be a genre, why in the world would it deserve its own subgenres you twat
j456235
660 IQ
Quote by Sleepy__Head
Mix-wise it sounds kinda muddy.

First off - it sounds like nearly everything's panned dead-center. If you do that everything will get in the way of everything else and you'll end up turning everything up to 11 just to make it heard. A better idea is to pan your guitars left & right, keep the bass central but widen it so it doesn't get in the way of the kick so much. Keep the kick dead center and move the snare and hi-hat slightly off to one side. Arrange the cymbals and toms around the stereo field as well.

EQ-wise:
The cymbals are lacking high-end;
The guitars have either got too much bass in them (so they're masking the bass) and not quite enough high-mid (so they're not cutting through). I'd put both an HP and LP filter on them to get them out of the way of both the bass and the cymbals;
The snare lacks presence (not enough highs);
The kick has plenty of click but not enough thud (boost the low end, or cut the highs where the click is so the thud cuts through more);
The bass is kinda inaudible but that has a lot to do with the fact that the low - low-mid end of the mix is fairly well saturated.

If you can get the rhythm guitar, bass & kick out of the way of each other that will help enormously.

Nice playing, btw.

If you want to C4C the link is https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1565583

Thanks man, I appreciate it. I've barely started touching on the focus of mixing and mastering and I'll take whatever advice I can get. I try and take some of this in and see what I can do in the future. Thanks man.