Page 5 of 7
Well, UMG are absolute cunts and my video has been removed and I now have a copyright strike against my username. Thats fucking ridiculous. Have they looked on YouTube to see what other people have done?! I made a very reasonable counter-argument against it. For some reason, my video seems to still work on here...

If that goes down, I will just upload to soundcloud as I cant be arsed to upload again with a reduced pitch on the track and risk getting my account closed.

Wankers.

EDIT: I'm just gonna delete the video entirely and upload the mp3 to my profile or something.
MY METALZ YOUTUBE CHANNEL

Quote by angusfan16
Okay UG where's my refund and free xbox. I need It for my 80 yr old grandma. She needs a new flower pot
Last edited by leony03 at Oct 9, 2012,
Quote by Random3
Djentlemen, I give you my Periphery cover.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7yyhw-WcXZM

Love it.
I also checked out some your live videos: The Curse of Castle Dragon, Lights of Heaven.

Awesome stuff.

Quote by leony03
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wn9HN3JgIj8

I've reuploaded the video and disputed the claim under the fair use of copyright act.

I have no idea what im doing but thats what the interwebs said

The interwebz... Best place to get your law degree!
You'll probably have been arguing with a computer, so no chance to win.

Quote by leony03
EDIT: I'm just gonna delete the video entirely and upload the mp3 to my profile or something.

There is a policy here of not uploading copyrighted stuff.
Learning a new cover song? Feel like recording it? And have people listen to it? See the CATPM thread in the Pit. Here's the user group
Last edited by QPC_Sam at Oct 10, 2012,
I hate to say it, but I might have to ask out of this round. I've been working on school for the past week and a half and haven't been able to start learning either song.
Quote by QPC_Sam

The interwebz... Best place to get your law degree!
You'll probably have been arguing with a computer, so no chance to win.

Yeah

There is a policy here of not uploading copyrighted stuff.

I'll try soundcloud. If that gets taken down, il just have to create my own backing track. It just saved a lot of time this way

Quote by angusfan16
Okay UG where's my refund and free xbox. I need It for my 80 yr old grandma. She needs a new flower pot
Dat awkward feels when nobody replies
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Dat awkward feels when nobody replies

To who? I see no-one apart from us.

Quote by angusfan16
Last edited by leony03 at Oct 11, 2012,
Quote by leony03
http://soundcloud.com/leonsilavant/waidmanns-heil-rammstein-cover

Uploaded to Soundcloud. I dont think the copyright searching is as tight on here in terms of auto-scanning things but I guess I will have to wait and see.

2hours later... So far so good.

Your guitars fit in so well that I really can't blame youtube anymore.
I'm not familiar with the original, but I could believe that was it. I'd have expected the lead guitar to be a bit louder at 2:13, but I checked youtube and Rammstein don't. (Yeah, the original is on youtube in a few places).

Very well played.
Learning a new cover song? Feel like recording it? And have people listen to it? See the CATPM thread in the Pit. Here's the user group
Last edited by QPC_Sam at Oct 11, 2012,
Quote by QPC_Sam
2hours later... So far so good.

Your guitars fit in so well that I really can't blame youtube anymore.
I'm not familiar with the original, but I could believe that was it. I'd have expected the lead guitar to be a bit louder at 2:13, but I checked youtube and Rammstein don't. (Yeah, the original is on youtube in a few places).

Very well played.

Yeah, I dont think this one will be taken down. Fingers crossed!

Haha cheers I tried to get the sound as similar as possible (I guess it kinda backfired with the whole YouTube thing )

I recorded both sides of the guitar in one take with videos. One of the only times I do a live video and I cant upload it!

Yeah you can get away with it if you pitch change it a bit which I might do at some point. I had a go the other day and it sounded wierd haha.

EDIT: I forgot to mention that I didnt do bass for this one as it was a full backing track for guitar. I wanted to do bass for once but I couldnt find one without it haha.

Quote by angusfan16
Last edited by leony03 at Oct 11, 2012,
Quote by widownz
Nice work can see why they thought is was just uploaded off a cd.

Haha thanks Yeah its annoying

Quote by angusfan16
That was just awesome.

Quote by QPC_Sam
Very well played.

How's your Debussy coming along?
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
Quote by yngvai satrucci
Here's mine so far, still doing some mixing. I will probably be recording a video soon. http://soundcloud.com/michaelmclaughlin-2/this-dying-soul-1#

Quote by leony03
http://soundcloud.com/leonsilavant/waidmanns-heil-rammstein-cover

Uploaded to Soundcloud. I dont think the copyright searching is as tight on here in terms of auto-scanning things but I guess I will have to wait and see.

Jesus! Tremendous job from both of you.

Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Awesome playing, Yngvai.
Is this still for collaboration? or for advanced guitar? Who's on keyboards, etc?

Quote by rabidguitarist
How's your Debussy coming along?

I think you have me confused with WCPhils, who is doing Claire De Lune.
Also, I can't get a tone I'm happy with for my intermediate cover so I'm opting out.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Also, I can't get a tone I'm happy with for my intermediate cover so I'm opting out.

I know that feel bro

Quote by angusfan16
Quote by leony03
I know that feel bro

That, and I'm lazy
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
I'll be going home today, so I'll be able to record bass for my intermediate song, hopefully it'll be done today, if not, sometime tomorrow. My easy cover will probably be done some time next week.... maybe.
2013 #5 Uger
2012 #7 Uger

Quote by jetfuel495
Jesus, Horsedick, you are my hero

Quote by JayT44
don't worry guys his girlfriend is black, she said it was okay for him to say that.

Stalk Me

Shitty Covers

Original Music

Lastfm
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
That, and I'm lazy

Also know that feel

Quote by angusfan16
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

That's no excuse.

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
That, and I'm lazy

Oh, now I see! Now I get it. Now the pieces are falling into place. It's all coming together now! I must say, this opens my eyes. Another case closed, my dear Watson. For I was blind but now I see!

Quote by QPC_Sam
That's no excuse.

Oh, now I see! Now I get it. Now the pieces are falling into place. It's all coming together now! I must say, this opens my eyes. Another case closed, my dear Watson. For I was blind but now I see!

I just got pwnt
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
Quote by QPC_Sam
Awesome playing, Yngvai.
Is this still for collaboration? or for advanced guitar? Who's on keyboards, etc?

I think you have me confused with WCPhils, who is doing Claire De Lune.

Thanks man it's all me on there, the keys and bass are midi tracks from the GP file.
Quote by super_strat
yngvai what was your recording setup for that cover? It sounds beast.

Thanks man, I'm running logic pro on a quad core i7 mac mini. My interface is an apogee duet going into a pair of KRK Rokit 8 speakers. All guitars are quad tracked using the amplitube 3 plugin with a mesa boogie road king cab impulse response.
What amp model are you using and are you using much post EQ stuff? I have amplitube 3 as well but I'm bad at making metal tones
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
What amp model are you using and are you using much post EQ stuff? I have amplitube 3 as well but I'm bad at making metal tones

I'm using the 5150 model, i can email you the preset if you'd like. As far as post EQ stuff, i send all four guitars to a bus, with the EQ i run a high pass filter and cut everything below around 90 htz or so and slightly boost around 1 - 2 khz, then the signal goes into a compressor. I adjust the attack on the compressor until i get that nice chunk sound \m/. I found the key to making guitars sound heavy is to record many tracks with low amp gain.
Quote by yngvai satrucci
I'm using the 5150 model, i can email you the preset if you'd like. As far as post EQ stuff, i send all four guitars to a bus, with the EQ i run a high pass filter and cut everything below around 90 htz or so and slightly boost around 1 - 2 khz, then the signal goes into a compressor. I adjust the attack on the compressor until i get that nice chunk sound \m/. I found the key to making guitars sound heavy is to record many tracks with low amp gain.

That would be great if you could. I'll pm you my email. Thanks a bunch!

Thanks for the tip as well. I'm definitely going to play around and try that stuff out.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
Yea, my piano piece isn't happening. Just so busy with school.

I'll try to get the guitars ones in. They shouldn't be too bad to record. I know them pretty well.
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Quote by yngvai satrucci
Thanks man, I'm running logic pro on a quad core i7 mac mini. My interface is an apogee duet going into a pair of KRK Rokit 8 speakers. All guitars are quad tracked using the amplitube 3 plugin with a mesa boogie road king cab impulse response.
Ah k cool. The whole time I was like "Is this digital? Naw, can't be. Actually..... nah".

Anyway, here's my cover:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zDYv28v8koc

I actually learnt the song in a few days. The rest of the time was spent trying to get a passable tone, so I just settled with this and finally made the video.
Great cover! That sounds fantastic dude
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster

hi guys. sadly, I sprained my shoulder during the weekend. damn.

I'll have to stick with Home this month. Sorry Michael, we can't do This Dying Soul.