Page 2 of 3
had me finger in the end of a HT lead years ago (ceramic cap had broken off and was stuck) anyways, an apprentice who was helping decided to turn on the ignition to put the radio on and turned the key to far sending several thousands voldt of low amp age DC up my finger. spent a night in hospital as my heart rate was a bit erratic, and they thought my finger nail might fall off. other than that my piercings seriously hurt but it wasnt to bad, got a week off work and the girls in the office made me alot of tea when i got back.
Quote by rabidguitarist
I get static shocks off everything in the recording studio at university- the mixing desk, the computer, the chairs, the mics, even the windows.

I get so traumatised that I can't work anymore and have to leave.

I used to get quite painful ones off my guitar strings, turned out I was using an outlet in a room that wasn't grounded at all.
Stopped me playing guitar for weeks til I found out.
Quote by deadsmileyface
I almost died

Try harder next time.
Last edited by jugglingfreak at Oct 1, 2012,
Quote by deadsmileyface
Update: my arm is okay now. Thanks for curing me Pit. Time for a cigarette then masturbation and then sleep.

This is when he finds out electricity was actually trapped in his arm, and he thus proceeds to electrocute and fry his dick off.
I stuck my finger in an empty lamp socket that was plugged in and turned on.

Knowingly.

I'm an edge rider, brah.
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
Quote by deadsmileyface
My computer died, so I went to plug it in. It's dark in my room and i can't see shit. I find my charger and use my fingers to guide it into the outlet. However, my finger was on the metal part when i plugged it in and it shocked me. It hurt.

this has happened to me multiple times

one time was when i was trying to fall asleep and was absent mindedly fiddling with the power supply and BAM! that one was crazy. i was shocked in pretty much every possible way
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
I did that when I was a toddler. Best thing I've ever done.
Quote by MDoggDX316
To quote Granddad, "I think ALL marriage should be illegal."

[quote="'-[NiL"]-'] I asked him what tuning he put it in and he replied, "seventh."

Seventh.
Quote by eGraham
I stuck my finger in an empty lamp socket that was plugged in and turned on.

Knowingly.

I'm an edge rider, brah.

What a badass!
Quote by poomahloo
had me finger in the end of a HT lead years ago (ceramic cap had broken off and was stuck) anyways, an apprentice who was helping decided to turn on the ignition to put the radio on and turned the key to far sending several thousands voldt of low amp age DC up my finger. spent a night in hospital as my heart rate was a bit erratic, and they thought my finger nail might fall off. other than that my piercings seriously hurt but it wasnt to bad, got a week off work and the girls in the office made me alot of tea when i got back.

Tea? You didn't get laid?..
Lol you guys should spend some time in a 500kv yard. Anything in there will have enough static to draw an arc about 2 inches long to you. Brutal if you're not expecting it. 120v on your fingers, you'll be fine.
I remember back in the 4th grade I accidentally stuck my fingers in an electric outlet while I was unplugging something. I basically just felt my hand vibrate, but it didn't really hurt.
I work with electricity all the time.

TS, you are a pussy. Try taking 240 from your forearm to your hand. THAT hurts. Even if it was kind of cool.
This whole thread reminds me of how I went bald as a 1-year old. (It grew back, fortunately. Though, in a different color...) I was once a black-haired baby. Then, I managed one day to find an electric socket. I then found a paper clip. I stuck that paper clip in that socket. My arm turned black, and my hair fell out. Fortunately, my arm was ok, and my hair grew back in. However, when it grew back, it was blonde!
Quote by deadsmileyface
I'M JOHNNY OHM!
But serious Pit. You are making me nervous as hell. It's been 30 minutes since the accident. I feel okay but my fingers tingle.

A shock from a power outlet wont really do much to you. I realise this is a late response but the tingling you were feeling was probably from the electricity affecting conduction in the nerves in your fingers. If by any chance you still have that tingling, its best to see a doctor just to be sure nothing is wrong.

Sources: my medical training
Quote by crazysam23_Atax
This whole thread reminds me of how I went bald as a 1-year old. (It grew back, fortunately. Though, in a different color...) I was once a black-haired baby. Then, I managed one day to find an electric socket. I then found a paper clip. I stuck that paper clip in that socket. My arm turned black, and my hair fell out. Fortunately, my arm was ok, and my hair grew back in. However, when it grew back, it was blonde!

are you Powder?
If you do something right, no one will know you've done anything at all

Proud to be called Best Friends with Pastafarian96
Quote by crazysam23_Atax

that reminds me of when i contemplated putting a paper clip in an electric socket as a one year old but didnt do it

also wat
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
Quote by Burgery
that reminds me of when i contemplated putting a paper clip in an electric socket as a one year old but didnt do it

also wat

Hey, I wasn't a very...common sense type of one year old. Also, I'm very tired. I've been stressing out over an assignment all day. I type stupid after a rough day, especially when I type life stories...
I've done this twice this month. The feeling in your arm is just your muscles that have been shocked. Shouldnt last more than a day
Quote by Night
wtf is a selfie? is that like, touching yourself or something?
Please I can't even count how many times I've been hit by poorly grounded outlets, shocked by amps, guitars or computers, or... Well everything really. . Get knocked on your ass by a dryer or oven socket. THAT'S fun .

Builds character, TS. Enjoy it. ENJOY IT LIKE A MAN.
--

How do you say "I'm okay" to an answering machine?

--
Last edited by stratman_13 at Oct 2, 2012,
Quote by slapsymcdougal
You know static shocks are frequently around 10kV, right?

When you can actually see the spark (like on a doorknob, dark room, etc.) thats around 20kV.

I've gotten zapped from CRTs. Several times.
I used to repair Wyse terminals.
A few times, I had the power connection disconnected.
There is still a shitload of juice inside the CRT though.
Leaned over it.
Zapped me right on the nipples.
Those are 20kV - 50kV.
Last edited by CodeMonk at Oct 2, 2012,
when i was 9, i was outside in my dressing gown and was trying to turn the light on, shuved my hand into an open plug, shocked me and my penis to the ground.
Quote by WantsLesPaul
You are a sick man, Riley.
Quote by CodeMonk
When you can actually see the spark (like on a doorknob, dark room, etc.) thats around 20kV.

I've gotten zapped from CRTs. Several times.
I used to repair Wyse terminals.
A few times, I had the power connection disconnected.
There is still a shitload of juice inside the CRT though.
Leaned over it.
Zapped me right on the nipples.
Those are 20kV - 50kV.

Ah yes, the warm kiss of a flyback transformer.

I've had a few of those as well.
This is rather unfortunate and sounds similar to what happened to me a few years ago. I took the telephone apart (don't ask me why). There was a part inside that was all metal and I touched it and got a zapped pretty good.

Later, I got one hell of a headache. It went away, but the moral of the story is "do not screw around with electricity."

ron666
You are now using UG Black.
You are now using UG Classic.

Listening to: This jazz piano music playing over the PA like wow for once it's good stuff they're playing

What if blue cheese is just regular cheese but it's accelerating towards you really fast?
i should be dead probably 8 times by now

i like life

Quote by Pagan_Poetry

1. you must learn that it's mean to judge people by their screen names
2. you should consider, maybe he didn't figure out how to make a signature and he's just improvising
4. i just skipped 3
5. you look back and realize
7. you smile and don't realize that i skipped 6
8. olololo
9. the **** man
10. i should sleep or drink more or something
14. wat
6. here it is
23. i'm so sad, i need a hug right now

If your other arm was touching metal you could've actually had a significantly greater risk of dying.

I did something like that once, I was young and I the phone rang in the workshop, I was talking to my dad for a bit while I had an exacto in my other hand. I was just sort of poking the wooden studs and fidgeting while we were talking. Then just as he hung up I realized I was then cutting through an electricity feed to the lights. And just as I realized it I got the jolt of a life time and my arm was numb for about 15 minutes.
My brother and I have been shocked several times by one of the outlets in our room, which we don't use anymore. The last time I tried plugging something into it I saw a blue bolt of energy shoot up my arm to my shoulder but I didn't get shocked.
sunbather is shit
I once shoved two pieces of copper wire into an outlet when I was about 12. If the main breaker hadn't immediately tripped, I would have died for sure. I am now left with a partially numb leg (where the wire came into contact with my body).
The content of this signature is pretty much irrelevant
Quote by crazysam23_Atax
Nice fucking necro, Ron666! Really, wtf is up with people necroing bad threads lately? Stop! Jeese!

What are you talking about? The thread is called "I almost died." Right? I notice a lot of people sharing stories about how they almost died by touching an electrical outlet or something like that. So I've decided to share one of my stories about a similar situation that I experienced previously. Is there a problem with this???

ron666
Electricity is no joke. I worked on an apartment and this guy on the ladder touched an open circuit and flew off his ladder into a wall. That shit is crazy. He boosted off of the ladder into the wall and hit the ground. That's movie shit right there lol.

So if you said you got hurt, I understand your plight.
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
An electric shock of ANY magnitude can make the heart fibrillate, which can lead to problems in the future You should get checked out after any shock.
RIP Tom Searle.
I rode the lightning when my speaker cable arked into my hand and zapped my arse I'm pretty sure if I didn't have my hand on the rubber handle id be very very dead it managed to knock me off my feet.
Quote by joshua garcia
I was incredibly drunk and only really remember writing a fanfic where ESP was getting porked by a pony.

Quote by guitar0player
I'd honestly fap to anything with a set of genitals as long as I find it aesthetically appealing.